On-line fraud issue

Kenzie

Hi people i have recently purchased some GonG's from planet vape ( http://www.planetvape.ca/ ) and am loving them but 7 days after i purchased them my bank account was attacked and i lost alot of money to online fraud. I then had my card stopped and had a new one sent out. Then a week or 2 passed and i ordered another GonG from Plant Vape and then 7 days later my bank account was attacked again. I dont think Planet Vape had anything to do with this but i would just like for a few people that purchased from them to confirm that they have not had the same happen to them. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread but i knew this thread would be packed with people who had purchased form planet vape at the same time as me.

Kenzie,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

masaki

I was just going place a order for a gong from them. Now I'm a bit skeptical...

Last edited:
masaki,

frtyui

Kenzie, did you purchase from other stores? The problem might be on your side and when you enter your data they are copying it. I purchased from planetvape a couple weeks ago and averything is ok.

Ano

FC Lover
Hi people i have recently purchased some GonG's from planet vape ( http://www.planetvape.ca/ ) and am loving them but 7 days after i purchased them my bank account was attacked and i lost alot of money to online fraud. I then had my card stopped and had a new one sent out. Then a week or 2 passed and i ordered another GonG from Plant Vape and then 7 days later my bank account was attacked again. I dont think Planet Vape had anything to do with this but i would just like for a few people that purchased from them to confirm that they have not had the same happen to them. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread but i knew this thread would be packed with people who had purchased form planet vape at the same time as me.
You may have a keylogger on your computer, you should do a virus scan.

I personally had no problem when ordering from PV a couple weeks ago.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Kenzie, I have ordered a few times from PlanetVape and have had no problems. I ordered just a couple of weeks ago and recently ordered again. It doesn't hurt to keep a close eye on things to be sure.

Thank you for letting us know. That's a real bummer.:ugh:

Last edited:

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
You may have a keylogger on your computer, you should do a virus scan.

I personally had no problem when ordering from PV a couple weeks ago.
I agree here 100%. This is more likely than anything happening at PV. Spyware is all too easy to install without knowing.
Also, someone might have access to the card(s).

If fraud, then hopefully the card issuer will reimburse.

Good luck @Kenzie, hope your mystery gets solved.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
You guys do realize that when a credit card database is compromised, it affects the merchant as well as the cardholders, right? If PV had any sort of problem that resulted in the loss of credit card information then I'm pretty sure they would have informed their customers. I'm also sure there'd be more than just a single FC user affected.

Caligula

Maximus
Also, this is why you use a real CC for online purchases unless you happen to bank with a financial institution that will back you up on fraud debit card purchases. For Americans (and AFAIK we are the only country who does this), there is a law stating that the CC company needs to be liable for any fraudulent charges on your credit card after something like a $25 cap. Most CC companies wont even bother with the $25 cap and will cover the fraud charge anyway, even if its under the limit. Keeping you happy is worth their $12.50... usually.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Also, this is why you use a real CC for online purchases unless you happen to bank with a financial institution that will back you up on fraud debit card purchases. For Americans (and AFAIK we are the only country who does this), there is a law stating that the CC company needs to be liable for any fraudulent charges on your credit card after something like a $25 cap. Most CC companies wont even bother with the $25 cap and will cover the fraud charge anyway, even if its under the limit. Keeping you happy is worth their $12.50... usually.

I know if we use our debit card as a credit card, we are protected.

Top Bottom