Olive oil and hash

peterchen

Hey,
I wanna make some hash-infused oil instead of butter so it's easier to mix into drinks.
Anyone got experience with that?
If so, what ratio of oil and hash is best?
Is olive oil a good choice?
I would heat the solution for a few minutes, just as with butter; thoughts on that?

Thanks a lot!

peterchen,

SD_haze

supposedly THC more readily binds to saturated fats than the unsaturated fats in most vegetable oils.

olive oil will still work, but if you're doing a really brief infusion (like a few minutes), coconut oil might be a better choice.

almost every variety of vegetable oil is mostly unsaturated fats, but coconut oil is mostly saturated.
however, it does eventually solidify at room temperature, but would mix into a warm/hot drink easy.

SD_haze,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I would also recommend coconut oil. It is one of the best indeed! For it's health benefits and sat content :)

Elluzion,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Well Virgin Olive oil and Rice bran oil work best 4 me :) .!

Abysmal Vapor,

peterchen

Abysmal Vapor said:

Cool, would you share your recipe? e.g., ratio, heat and so on...

peterchen,

Qbit

cannabanana
And get some soy lecithin to add to it. It's cheap, available from healthfood retailers, and adds probably 50% to the potency, by making the cannabinoids more bioavailable to your digestive system. I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Qbit,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
i heard using olive oil may make the taste of the oil stronger in the end product than a person would want due to its strong flavor. because of this i've always used vegetable oil and to make brownies which have turned out fine. like you, i wanted to go with the route of oil instead of butter even with the option of coconut butter which has a higher saturated fat content.

+1 for Qbit, thats a great suggestion to any edible. i wanted to grab some before making my latest edible last week but due to time constrictions had to bake without it. oh well next time :/

HighlyEducatedScholar,

Abysmal Vapor

peterchen said:
Abysmal Vapor said:

Cool, would you share your recipe? e.g., ratio, heat and so on...
Well i don't have a recipe.. but this is what i do.. to make extraction. I use two ways depending on the setup both work fine. There are ways to make it very light for the stomach that i can share.
Some of those can prolong the process . I use same techs for Hash,abv,herb .. whatever.
I always want to make the oil as concentrated as possible and have a little loss.

Hash There are two ways to go on hash.. I sometimes decarb it (5 mins on 150 C in preheated oven) sometimes i don't.. It definetly gets more sleepy and stony if you decarb IMO .
There are 3 ways to go in extraction . The qucker the extraction method the better the taste the lower the potency.
Quckest one i use when i cook just for me or optionally + 1 .
I put the 0.5-2 g hash with some vegetable oil[VO](vigrin olive,grapeseed,ricebran) in a tea cup
add 20-40 ml depending on the amount used/desired + 50 ml of water and toss in the micro wave for 1 minute than stir and toss for 1 more minute ,then stir again and give it 30 more seconds (i use 800w setting on the microwave) .If you won't you can strain.. but if it is just some good hash i won't bother..
You can further cook this in something i call Microchino .. :ko: Add a tea spoon of cocoa butter/nuttella/some instant drink powder LOL ../vegetable cream/a drop of Amaretto :) ... experiment.. any or all combined work fine.
I've even manage to make a frappe to whip it to cream..

Next Method i suggest when you cook for 3+ involves an oven and a pyrex dish..
spread the material on the bottom of the pyrex dish and add oil enough to cover it + 100-300 ml of water depending on the amounts u used.. and bake on 150 C in preaheated oven(i use fan mode) for 15 mins or till water evaporated. . I ussually want as concentrated as i said if i intend to ingest directly but when i intent to cook it further into a cake or cookies i put as much as needed for the recipe. Having in mind that one person needs 0.5-2.0 g so you must do the maths before you start cooking . I ussually pick a random Vegan cookie/cake recipe and it for example says to get 500 g cookies put 100 ml oil + other stuff.. well 500g that are like 10 cookies. If we are 3 guys i would use 2-10 g hash depending on what i have :D.... but all my friends love to overdose on edibles.. so ussually i put more than we need..
I don't strain if it is hash.. again. I do strain if it abv/herb. Dose of Abv/herb is 2-5 g per stoner.. you can rewash with second time just with water and restrain and add it to the other part. I use cheese cloth or coffee filters when i use Abv/herb and i filter when it is still warm (not hot) .. cause it is easier. After some time in the fridge you'll see oil making thick mass at the top and the rest will be ussually dark water . I have two methods on removing the water. First one is suck it with a straw and spit away... but if i use abv or outdoor i dont do that.. Second is with tubing like you drain fuel. I dip it on the bottom and suck on the other side and watch the water level going down. It is good to use transperant tubing so you can see if you sucked in any oil.. You won't waste any that way cause oil is thick and goes slowly and can be easily spotted.
If you used abv/outdoor there is a way further to refine the remaining oil . I would fill the vessel to the top with hot water or just reboil the containment in a pot with a more water. Add again in the fridge till things are separated and repeat the draining process.. You will notice that the water that separates is many tonnes lighter than the previous.For max purity repeat the process till the separed water looks clean enough :).

I have third method that i use is best for abv/herb but can work with hash .. It is very good for large amounts :) even green stuff.
So put the material in a pot (dose properly) add the oil enought to cover it and add water about 10 times the amout of oil when u use hash or as much as the pot can take it if you don't mind the wait. Next you boil off the water and strain . You can refine the product with the hot water method or reboil it if you like.

Note on preparation of some materials.

Hash (as said) - Decarb it for more stoney effect on 150 C for 5 mins or DON'T

Abv ussually has a crappy taste which some may find robust and fine like coffee but i dislike taste of coffee so.. :) i do water cure to my abv. There are two methods quick and classic.
Classic method involves much waiting u can check google for it .
Quick method : Put the herb in a pot add a lot of water and heat up just before boiling. remove from stove wait a bit to cool to warm and strain . Toss again the ABV in the pot with more water and repeat till water seems clear enough. Then strain ,squeeze and put in a dush in the oven to dry (Fan mode preffered) on 150 C (it takes 10-20 minutes , and i don't preaheat it.

When i use green herb ,expecially outdoor and it doesn't worth a lot to me .. and i don't care to dry or slowly water cure.. I use the quick warm water cure method as with the ABV. It just takes more reboils cause there is a lot of chlorophyll to get rid of :). I dry again in a oven.

The cleaner the starting product the cleaner will be the oil.
For example for New Years eve a friend had 100 g frozen outdoor plant that he had to cut for family issues :D and didn't have the chance to dry. I threw like 5-6 waters then did extraction and further refined end product with warm water 5-6 times and got i very fine golden brown color ,not the ussualy green blob..

Abysmal Vapor,

peterchen

Abysmal Vapor said:
long recipe post

Wow, thank you very much. Great post.
Did you ever try adding soy lecithin? I guess you could just add some table-spoons after you separated the oil from the water?

peterchen,

Abysmal Vapor

peterchen said:
Abysmal Vapor said:
long recipe post

Wow, thank you very much. Great post.
Did you ever try adding soy lecithin? I guess you could just add some table-spoons after you separated the oil from the water?
Well i often add it to a cocoa butter which has lecitin as a additive.. but i wouldn't add much if it is for someone else ,cuz some people are allergic to that stuff.. and i don't wanna experiment..

Abysmal Vapor,

Qbit

cannabanana
Abysmal Vapor said:
Well i often add it to a cocoa butter which has lecitin as a additive.. but i wouldn't add much if it is for someone else ,cuz some people are allergic to that stuff.. and i don't wanna experiment..

Eh, just add E322 to the label as an ingredient, and let them work it out.

Qbit,

Abysmal Vapor

Qbit said:
Abysmal Vapor said:

If i tell my friends that smth has an E number there they would say.. Huh parkinson,thyroid dangers,bad skin .... yummy :) :lol:
http://curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1763336
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2000/09/17/soy-brain.aspx
http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=350164
Of course you can try whatever you want and still make it healthy and alive.. even this info is accepted as untrue find different opitions.. i've had my share on grain allergens and waste substances and GMO..
You've ever seen soy in natural conditions.. it is the size of rice.. Well they got it buffed up in the run ofc..
E322 mean lecitins not Soya lecitin.. which means you might be eating some extracts of eggs and undeveloped embryos and :lol: chicken tumors.. Yeah thats what they do with sick animals.. they don't eat them they extract whatever chemicals are good for the industry. Having in mind that some people already have health issues, i wouldn't risk someone goes in a respiratory arrest or seizure or goes red dots all over..
+ Soya lecithin helps transport things to the liver, and since MJ metabolism is hepatic(goes trough liver) you can cause yourself damage if things like alcohol or smth toxic or poisonous is taken... especially dangerous if you have overall body toxicity out of the norms. Having in mind some people don't use proper grown or flushed weed.. there is no point to open the door for more of those toxins to the liver.

Abysmal Vapor,

Qbit

cannabanana
Abysmal Vapor said:
If i tell my friends that smth has an E number there they would say.. Huh parkinson,thyroid dangers,bad skin .... yummy :) :lol:

That's like saying cannabis is a drug, and since 'drugs' can fry your brain and body and turn you into a raving criminal constantly desperate to score your next hit, you shouldn't use cannabis, right? There are E numbers, and there are E numbers.

I'd take anything you read on Curezone with a large bowl of salt. Yeah there might be some stuff of value there, but there's also all kinds of hysterical claims and quackery to be found as well. And it's often very difficult to know which is which.

Of course you can try whatever you want and still make it healthy and alive.. even this info is accepted as untrue find different opitions.. i've had my share on grain allergens and waste substances and GMO..

My soy lecithin is non-GMO.

You've ever seen soy in natural conditions.. it is the size of rice.. Well they got it buffed up in the run ofc..
E322 mean lecitins not Soya lecitin.. which means you might be eating some extracts of eggs and undeveloped embryos and :lol: chicken tumors.. Yeah thats what they do with sick animals.. they don't eat them they extract whatever chemicals are good for the industry. Having in mind that some people already have health issues, i wouldn't risk someone goes in a respiratory arrest or seizure or goes red dots all over..

Well, when you use soy lecithin, then E322 definitely means soy lecithin. I don't have a bag of chicken tumours in my cupboard. And anyone with a major allergy to soy will know about it, and will be very careful about what they consume. You can always warn people before you offer them an edible.

+ Soya lecithin helps transport things to the liver, and since MJ metabolism is hepatic(goes trough liver) you can cause yourself damage if things like alcohol or smth toxic or poisonous is taken... especially dangerous if you have overall body toxicity out of the norms. Having in mind some people don't use proper grown or flushed weed.. there is no point to open the door for more of those toxins to the liver.

Actually it seems there's a lot of evidence to suggest that lecithin is good for the liver, particularly for drinkers.

Qbit,

Abysmal Vapor

Qbit said:
Abysmal Vapor said:
Qbit said:

That's like saying cannabis is a drug, and since drugs can fry your brain and body and turn you into a raving criminal constantly desperate to score your next hit, you should use cannabis, right? There are E numbers, and there are E numbers.

I'd take anything you read on Curezone with a large bowl of salt. Yeah there might be some stuff of value there, but there's also all kinds of hysterical claims and quackery to be found as well. And it's often very difficult to know which is which.

My soy lecithin is non-GMO.

Well, when you use soy lecithin, then E322 definitely means soy lecithin. I don't have a bag of chicken tumours in my cupboard. And anyone with a major allergy to soy will know about it, and will be very careful about what they consume. You can always warn people before you offer them an edible.

Actually it seems there's a lot of evidence to suggest that lecithin is good for the liver, particularly for drinkers.
Well there is a lot of poison legaly put in out food and defended and spammed by manipulated studies or some major food company might have to pay 10 milions to each of their 100 milions consumers for increasing the chance of getting sick.. and decreasing the quality of life.
1 cig a day is good for you health ... ask google if you like i bet you'll find some nice support to that.. :)
And idk of anyone died from lecithin and i think that my post was warning enough for the kind of people interested in keeping away from those substances .

Abysmal Vapor,

Qbit

cannabanana
Abysmal Vapor said:
Well there is a lot of poison legaly put in out food and defended and spammed by manipulated studies or some major food company might have to pay 10 milions to each of their 100 milions consumers for increasing the chance of getting sick.. and decreasing the quality of life.
1 cig a day is good for you health ... ask google if you like i bet you'll find some nice support to that.. :)
And idk of anyone died from lecithin and i think that my post was warning enough for the kind of people interested in keeping away from those substances .

I'm not talking about 'those substances', I'm talking about soy lecithin only. Yes there are indeed some really nasty chemicals used as additives, but that doesn't mean that every E number is nasty. Most of the over 300 substances them have nothing in common with each other apart from appearing in the same E list, so it's necessary to look at each of them on a case-by-case basis. In fact it's absolutely impossible to keep away from E numbers - you're breathing in E948 with every lungful (E948 = oxygen).

However, you're going to have a tough time explaining to me exactly what is so healthy about breathing in clouds of carbon monoxide, cyanide, arsenic, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, and God knows what else.

Qbit,

Abysmal Vapor

Qbit said:
Abysmal Vapor said:

I'm not talking about 'those substances', I'm talking about soy lecithin only. Yes there are indeed some really nasty chemicals used as additives, but that doesn't mean that every E number is nasty. Most of the over 300 substances them have nothing in common with each other apart from appearing in the same E list, so it's necessary to look at each of them on a case-by-case basis. In fact it's absolutely impossible to keep away from E numbers - you're breathing in E948 with every lungful (E948 = oxygen).

However, you're going to have a tough time explaining to me exactly what is so healthy about breathing in clouds of carbon monoxide, cyanide, arsenic, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, and God knows what else.
Well E330 is just Vitamin C acid.. but it is one of the cancer causing additives because it results in overall body acidity .. which means it is a fine medium for cancer cells. Well that is the scam.. you thing you are getting vitamin C and you get cancer.. 99% of the e-numbers are BAD check the list.. and lecithin is there.. This additives cause further poisoning of a food that is already dead due to cooking and processing..
Well with breathing all those substance you listed.. i don't need any more nails to my coffin .. and i just say that here might be guys with already few nails due to their medications and "treatment".. they don't need it too.. + the chance of allergy..
I am not trying to make anyone give up cigarettes or harmful additives/junk food.. Just warned if there is anyone vulnerable to that substance and for the health freaks to have nightmares:) .
Oh i am already doing some harm to myself.. Hell Yeah lets do some more.. I am breathing arsenic daily hmm, fuck that i an going Heroin IV.. i am already posioning myself so.. why not..
As for keeping away from e-numbers.. it can be done.. Raw vegans dont eat that stuff :).

Abysmal Vapor,

Qbit

cannabanana
Abysmal Vapor said:
Well E330 is just Vitamin C acid.. but it is one of the cancer causing additives because it results in overall body acidity .. which means it is a fine medium for cancer cells. Well that is the scam.. you thing you are getting vitamin C and you get cancer.. 99% of the e-numbers are BAD check the list.. and lecithin is there..
Well with breathing all those substance you listed.. i don't need any more nails to my coffin .. and i just say that here might be guys with already few nails due to their medications and "treatment".. they don't need it too..

As I sad, I'm not talking about anything except soy lecithin, a product which is actually sold in health food stores, and lecithin is a large constituent of our bodies, especially the brain - the properties of the other E numbers are absolutely irrelevant. Suit youself, don't use it, but I can say that I'm probably saving 30-40% on my weed budget by cooking with it. But speaking of nails in coffins, your advocation of the daily cigarette writes off (for me at least) any credibility of your claims about what is healthy and what isn't.

Qbit,

Abysmal Vapor

I just said that people advocate cigs like e-numbers.. I am sure that at some point of the future they make them to add labels on the crap food.. "This food may do harm to you or other around you breathing the gases of your unhealthy stomach".. :lol:
Being a former smoker (i did 1.5 years of daily smoking) now i can stand the smell of that stuff.. and run away at least 10 feets and never stay in closed enviroment filled with smoke.. + i can talk to people smoked recently because i am getting nauseous off their breath..
Anyway all i wanted to say.. :
Soy lecithin on it own makes the path to you liver more open... thats why you get more effect..I meant it can be harmful if you ingest smth toxic.. (prescription pills,bad food,booze,other dope)... and that got carried away in e numbers talk.. which i didn't meant to do.. so i apologize for offtopic,,

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom