OK, wtf is this vape?

Qbit

cannabanana
sr7iP.jpg

I found a link to this image posted over at Grasscity. Anyone got any ideas about it? (I'm also awaiting a response by that poster.)

Qbit,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
That's pretty cool lookin'! An electircal coil as a heat source in interesting, but I kinda like the trippy design. :brow:

Stu,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I wonder where the weed goes, it looks awesome though. Reminds me of my old flight simulator joystick.

Could it be battery operated?

OhTheAgony,

Qbit

cannabanana
lwien said:
A Hobbit Vape. :)

Hehe. I can just see it ...

Gandalf: Bilbo, you need to give up the ring.

Bilbo: No!

Gandalf: I'll give you this vape.

Bilbo: Oh fuck, why didn't you just say so?

Qbit,

SD_haze

nice find.

was a little surprised it doesnt use lithium batteries, and not nickel cadmium either

apparently it uses NiMH or nickel-metal hydride batteries
never heard of it but found a brief description on wiki

"A NiMH battery can have two to three times the capacity of an equivalent size nickelcadmium battery. The energy density of a NiMH cell is similar to that of a lithium-ion cell, but the rate of self-discharge is higher. This means that a stored NiMH battery will lose charge more quickly. In 2005 a low self-discharge NiMH battery, which stays charged for much longer, was developed."

he says at least 8 sessions with 3-4 bowls a sesh.
not too shabby

doesnt look seem like hes actually selling it tho

SD_haze,

max

Out to lunch
SD_haze said:
apparently it uses NiMH or nickel-metal hydride batteries - never heard of it but found a brief description on wiki
This is what the LB uses. They're much better than Nicads and much more economical vs. lithium.

doesnt look seem like hes actually selling it tho
Woodwork like this would make for an expensive vape. If he wanted to mass produce it he'd need to simplify the design.

max,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
It looks like a very nicely customized cordless drill to me. The finger grooves and battery looking thing at the bottom kinda give it away. He probably gutted the drill for what he needed and customized the rest.

t-dub

t-dub,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
much more economical vs. lithium

depends on the lithium chemistry -- LiFePO4 can get >> 1000 recharge cycles vs. 300 to 500 for NiMH, plus much less drop in capacity over time.

Hippie Dickie,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
the red thing looks like an "emergency stop" button you see on serious machinery...i guess that may come in handy if you get waaay too vaked

akwardsauce,
Top Bottom