Officialy a vapor girl :) Returning my new Mighty. (long)

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@bossman , you know I’m your fan and friend, but I disagree with some of your statements about tafee bowle and Neo. Of course I don’t disagree with your factually correct info (like battery size). And I haven’t tried all that you have. But right now, my go-to is tafee bowle because of its ease of use (and cleaning), almost instant heat up, and great cool flavor. I agree it has weak battery life. But it fully recharges quickly so it has not been a problem for me. And don’t get me wrong, I’d LOVE a battery with longer life.

And I’ve been enjoying my Neo when I feel like the ritual. Also great flavor and virtually no maintenance. The CDXX pipe has a large bowl so I get many more pulls per load. Since it’s pure convection, there’s no waste. So it’s a leisurely time.

My personal rotation includes a Nomad II and grasshopper. I hate to admit that recently my gh has not been getting as much love. May have to do something about that. With everything discussed here (and elsewhere), I’ve really only been tempted by a TinyMight and log (from Ed).

Having said all that, I keep learning from you (and @Shit Snacks ), so thanks!
How smooth is my guy @Mr. Me2? I don't think I can even hate on the Neo now. Just thinking about our beloved RBT coming back online: they're just another 510 trying to get by in this mad world and it's not like RBT selling Splinter Zs without a configured mod did anything to get them the love they deserve
My man you do have quite a respectable little collection in rotation! Add the FW7 (or FW8) to your list with the TM though :tup:

Edit: Ohhh Yeah! RBT just came back online a minute ago! Splinter V2 available $110 shipped (this one you will need an e-cig mod for, but can regulate the power and battery, even set up temp control) and Milaana 3 for $260 shipped (this one is unregulated, heater powered directly by the battery, so how fast it heats up is dependent on the charge level and you modulate the button to control the heat as you inhale) Email leerbtmd@gmail to order!
Second the Firewood7 recommendation for the often-adorable @Mr. Me2

See @cx714: I'll spout this fanboy nonsense to an Alf avatar ffs!

Also do you have a Firewood7 yet? I was just piling on with @Shit Snacks as it really is the new hotness. And not even OT, damn

PXL_20210518_203749218.jpg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
And not even OT, damn

Haha yeah that's the other thing, why a thread like this is so active, we can speak freely about all vapes and be completely on topic (FYI for anyone new, there is an infamous rule here at FC, to not compare different vapes within another specific vape's thread, so if we do we try to keep things focused on that vape to be on topic, while we direct OP's to post in AskFC so we can really let loose like we are here lol)

See @cx714: I'll spout this nonsense to an Alf avatar ffs!

alf GIF by HULU

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I admit I was sorely tempted right before the change from the original thin stem to the thicker cooling stem (which I suspect is why it’s in such crazy high demand now)— it’s the first FW since the 4 (IIRC) whose form factor/loading made sense to me.

But now that my batch has finally come up for the Nomad II, I’m holding off until the FW8 comes out if @~vapeslut.xo~ doesn’t beat me to the waitlist!

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
@~vapeslut.xo~ if it wasn't already suggested by some of the other people who were giving you dynavap advice (I admit I didn't read all of them cause I already know how to use a dynavap) if you having trouble spinning try holding it still and twist your wrist back and forth instead, you might not get 360 coverage but it should be good enough. Work on torch placement and respect the click. And if you don't like the torch get a induction heater.......😉 Just kidding there's a cheap alternative you might be able to find at your local hardware store, a alcohol lamp, I believe @Planck is a big advocate for them? Maybe they will drop by and tell you more if they see my tag. Good luck making it to sticky brick Friday? Or was it elev8r Thursday?

~vapeslut.xo~

hey friends!
Yeah that's what @Bad Dog is getting at with his post above: the heaters are so much more powerful and effective nowadays. The Mighty is an old, slow, underpowered weed hog and the folks who swear by them just don't know any better. You don't need to deal with the slow, inefficient extraction and added throat irritation taking ten hits off a Mighty: once your Brick arrives you can vape that same .3g bowl in three glorious hits with a familiar ritual much like a bong and a lighter.

Since you have a j-hook coming and won't want to spring for a $250 Tinymight in the near term another fun on demand option to consider as a sort of sneak peak would be the Vleaf Go.

Battery life is poor and it's too hot and harsh to use natively (kinda shaped like a little vibrator with the chamber near the top so no vapor path to speak of). That said, it really does perform like a poor man's Firewood7: it delivers fast, dense, consistent hits with on demand hybrid heating and simple one-button operation.

The one caveat, apart from the 900mah that's only good for maybe three bowls before it starts to sag and need charging, is that I can only use mine with a j-hook because it'll give you quick, lung-busting clouds on even the lowest temp setting so you gotta provide your own cooling.

If you had independent eyebrow control and a friend came over with a $70 Go and put it on your globe you'd be giving that Mighty the side-eye like "the fuck is your problem then?"

Oh and remember how I said 900mah was meh for the Go battery? Well the geniuses who made the TafeeBowle plastic cup vape decided to go with a 750mah battery and then charge $300 for that mess. Shit is shameful and I don't care what polite excuses folks are making who already paid for one
cool! i like the look of the VLeaf. pretty discreet! (not that it matters for my purposes - people would be concerned if i wasn't high :)
i saw a very cool video of someone using a VLeaf (or similar. it was grey pen) to get some crazy clouds out of a waterpipe!
Man, you’ve been so busy buying vapes, I’m wondering if you’ve had time to watch a vapcap tutorial!
haha dont worry i can multitask!
i've watched several and i pretty much have the hang of it.
it got me nice and toasty this morning, but i'm done with Dyna
for now. See bottom page :)
Third hit, aim for the base of the cap (ie final third) to finish it off. This’ll be the face-punch that it seems you got on your first go. Splitting it might help you ramp up a bit more smoothly.

I can’t decide whether it’s the hot avatar or just old stoners wanting to relive the magic that’s inspiring all the love in this thread, but it really warms my stony heart. :tup:
thanks for the tips!
"avatar?" im a real person! lmao :)

Haha yes you are deep in it now, let the VAS flow through you and control you! :p
the dark side!
Also just to play the devil's advocate, remember there are a whole lot of options with vap cap, you just have a basic version, why it was so cheap, but yeah I don't think it's really worthwhile paying all the money to get those fancier versions of the vap cap, personally, based on my own experience with them in the past... I am glad I still have my OG all glass version, to use every once in awhile for fun, maybe I should whip it out again, it's been over a year...
i figured i would get more out of the Dyna if i had different stems, doesn't matter though, because...
people hooked because VAS loves company lol with the activity and engagement now this thread is more like a vapor lounge, already some great story too!
it is like a little vapor lounge here! i spend more time vaping here than Youtube, which is surprising lmao

WHAT A WONDERFUL SURPRISE! i received today when i checked le mail :)
the Sticky arrived early! right on time, along with the v8r :)
starting on the Sticky right now.
if i'm not high enough later i'll test out the elev8r...but doubt that will be the case :)

j-hook arrives tomorrow! and that's it for now!
i haven't actually ordered the Heat Island yet so it will be awhile, which is good because
i'll have time to learn these vapes.

cheers! tty'all soon:science:

The first hit was AMAZING! I got incredibly lucky and got a tasty vaporless terpene rip!
The second hit was AMAZING! I got even more flavor and a ton of clouds!
The third hit was AMAZING! whoof! that smacked up.

I combusted the 2nd and 4th bowls :(
No disc on the first combust. I put the disc in and combusted still :(

"Oh well" i thought...ill get the hang of it! im just happy to
have such great taste and clouds!

then....THIS HAPPENED!!
omg i am going to freakin cry!
this thing is so beautiful and those first hits were amazing!
todays been a rollercoaster :(

what should i do, should i contact sticky? what do i tell them?
i dont think i did anything wrong, i wasn't touching the flame to glass...
can i still use it..?

Shit Snacks

hey friends!

cool! i like the look of the VLeaf. pretty discreet! (not that it matters for my purposes - people would be concerned if i wasn't high :)

:lol: those are my favorite friends!

Yeah one thing to keep in mind for the v-leaf though, it's awesome because with discount code it is also super cheap, the cap can pop off like if you're throwing it in a bag without a case...

i saw a very cool video of someone using a VLeaf (or similar. it was grey pen) to get some crazy clouds out of a waterpipe!

Oh that was probably a grasshopper then, did they have to click it on and off like an actual pen?

it is like a little vapor lounge here! i spend more time vaping here than Youtube, which is surprising lmao

Haha yes! There is actually a section called the Vapor lounge, that is not about specific vapes or products, just random topics, people chilling out having fun getting high!

WHAT A WONDERFUL SURPRISE! i received today when i checked le mail :)
the Sticky arrived early! right on time, along with the v8r :)
starting on the Sticky right now.
if i'm not high enough later i'll test out the elev8r...but doubt that will be the case :)

Oh awesome! Yeah they do really good fast shipping, even the regular shipping, I love that when things come a day or two early, that happens every time I order from the rogue wax works because his tools (which are awesome by the way and amazing for so many vapes and such variety and prettiness, check out his Etsy page!) Are small to ship and he is also on the West Coast although for some reason they should be even quicker to New York lol

j-hook arrives tomorrow! and that's it for now!
i haven't actually ordered the Heat Island yet so it will be awhile, which is good because
i'll have time to learn these vapes.

I'm skeptical how long you will really wait before ordering that HI though :ko::tup:

The first hit was AMAZING! I got incredibly lucky and got a tasty vaporless terpene rip!
The second hit was AMAZING! I got even more flavor and a ton of clouds!
The third hit was AMAZING! whoof! that smacked up.

I combusted the 2nd and 4th bowls :(
No disc on the first combust. I put the disc in and combusted still :(

So I've never used the discs before, they became a thing after I got my last ones, but I've heard that they make it pretty impossible to combust so that tells me he must be going too hard on the torch? Too big a flame, you need to try holding it further away and inhaling the flame into the intake more? Not sure if you are using carb hole or keeping it covered?

Combusting is so tedious, like full-on smoke cuz then you have to clean all the glass and especially with the wood it is tougher, I mean for us flavor snobs, I've gotten by though with the learning curve cuz I definitely had combusted in my lily learning it and daisy, but I don't know if you mean all out combustion burning cherry smoke, or just hot spots scorching charring? Because yeah that happens to me more often and fortunately doesn't ruin the flavor as much, and most requires cleaning glass but the wood is usually fully fine thankfully at least...

"Oh well" i thought...ill get the hang of it! im just happy to
have such great taste and clouds!

then....THIS HAPPENED!!
omg i am going to freakin cry!
this thing is so beautiful and those first hits were amazing!
todays been a rollercoaster :(

Oh noooo!!! Yeah if this happened then I think perhaps definitely you were going too hard with the flame unfortunately... Might need to try to pace yourself a little bit too, ease into the ritual for the specific vape, to get the most out of it without any of the negative risks! Sucks with something like this glass though ugh

The good news is I'm sure sticky bricks will take care of you and send you a spare intake, if I know them like I think I do, but yeah super sucks that you got it early and now have to wait again longer to use it further and hone in on your technique!!

Yeah legit this whole thing is a roller coaster haha sorry, at least you have elev8r which you will be testing out sooner than planned, but seriously try to go easy? LOL I know it may not have been your fault, the glass could have been compromised another way, so just be careful... no more bad luck! :ugh:

Not to rub salt in the wound, but what wood species is the brick? It certainly does look good, hopefully you can get the replacement heat intake quick and get back to it!

~vapeslut.xo~

:lol: those are my favorite friends!

Yeah one thing to keep in mind for the v-leaf though, it's awesome because with discount code it is also super cheap, the cap can pop off like if you're throwing it in a bag without a case...

Oh that was probably a grasshopper then, did they have to click it on and off like an actual pen?

Haha yes! There is actually a section called the Vapor lounge, that is not about specific vapes or products, just random topics, people chilling out having fun getting high!

Oh awesome! Yeah they do really good fast shipping, even the regular shipping, I love that when things come a day or two early, that happens every time I order from the rogue wax works because his tools (which are awesome by the way and amazing for so many vapes and such variety and prettiness, check out his Etsy page!) Are small to ship and he is also on the West Coast although for some reason they should be even quicker to New York lol

I'm skeptical how long you will really wait before ordering that HI though :ko::tup:

So I've never used the discs before, they became a thing after I got my last ones, but I've heard that they make it pretty impossible to combust so that tells me he must be going too hard on the torch? Too big a flame, you need to try holding it further away and inhaling the flame into the intake more? Not sure if you are using carb hole or keeping it covered?

Combusting is so tedious, like full-on smoke cuz then you have to clean all the glass and especially with the wood it is tougher, I mean for us flavor snobs, I've gotten by though with the learning curve cuz I definitely had combusted in my lily learning it and daisy, but I don't know if you mean all out combustion burning cherry smoke, or just hot spots scorching charring? Because yeah that happens to me more often and fortunately doesn't ruin the flavor as much, and most requires cleaning glass but the wood is usually fully fine thankfully at least...
oh wow i hafta clean this thing just from one combust? i guess that makes sense. dang...
Oh noooo!!! Yeah if this happened then I think perhaps definitely you were going too hard with the flame unfortunately... Might need to try to pace yourself a little bit too, ease into the ritual for the specific vape, to get the most out of it without any of the negative risks! Sucks with something like this glass though ugh

The good news is I'm sure sticky bricks will take care of you and send you a spare intake, if I know them like I think I do, but yeah super sucks that you got it early and now have to wait again longer to use it further and hone in on your technique!!

Yeah legit this whole thing is a roller coaster haha sorry, at least you have elev8r which you will be testing out sooner than planned, but seriously try to go easy? LOL I know it may not have been your fault, the glass could have been compromised another way, so just be careful... no more bad luck! :ugh:

Not to rub salt in the wound, but what wood species is the brick? It certainly does look good, hopefully you can get the replacement heat intake quick and get back to it!
i think i got the Cherry wood brick.
well i emailed SB support. we'll see. in the meantime i said scre it and kept going for it!
i got some very very nice draws out of the Brick. no combustion this time.
i think i have weak lungs, it didnt start working well until i actually sucked the
flame into the air intake...in hindsight, that sounds stupid lmaoo

First impressions!
well the Brick certainly is yet ANOTHER step up on the vape ladder!
Blows the Dyna out of the water for flavor and clouds!
(The Mighty isn't even in the water)

the taste is just so SO good...when i get a good hit that is.
its a learning curve but a quick one.
welp idk what else to say eecept i'm high, and all my lighers suck. lmao
bit disappointed i didnt get a Brick that supports a WPA.
i wonder what i could jerry-rig into it?

EDIT: umm wow.

once again i'm uncomfortably lifted! yeesh
i never knew different vapes could do this. how about that! ya learn something every day hehe

i never knew each one could change your high...i feel like more stoners should be into vaping!!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

oh wow i hafta clean this thing just from one combust? i guess that makes sense. dang...

Well like I said it depends how bad of a combustion, a little scorching is probably not too bad, I mean if you are still getting good flavor out of it... All up to you!

i think i got the Cherry wood brick.
well i emailed SB support. we'll see. in the meantime i said scre it and kept going for it!
i got some very very nice draws out of the Brick. no combustion this time.

Nice, yeah cherry and walnut have so much variation to them! Since it's late they'll probably reply to you tomorrow, and my guess is ship you out a replacement as well! Good that it is still working well enough that you can now get some good hits, not sure if there's any risk of using it cracked like that, but yeah just be careful!

i think i have weak lungs, it didnt start working well until i actually sucked the
flame into the air intake...in hindsight, that sounds stupid lmaoo

Haha no that's exactly similar to me, I just had trouble ripping it the way my friend could at first, not being as good of a smoker, like I said the carb hole tapping helped me too, and I had to take off my glasses so I could aim properly...
But yeah it is all in that inhale pulling the flame in, that's why it is such a great example of pure convection on demand, very pure, so it should help you get good hits out of most anything else convection!

First impressions!
well the Brick certainly is yet ANOTHER step up on the vape ladder!
Blows the Dyna out of the water for flavor and clouds!
(The Mighty isn't even in the water)

Haha so it is a step down ladder, into a pool of stony bliss!

the taste is just so SO good...when i get a good hit that is.
its a learning curve but a quick one.
welp idk what else to say eecept i'm high, and all my lighers suck. lmao
bit disappointed i didnt get a Brick that supports a WPA.
i wonder what i could jerry-rig into it?

:lol: So the journey begins, for the right torch lighter to brick like the best! Now you see, the simplicity the purity, and the power, why this is such a popular vape despite the butane compromise...

So you have that whip from the mighty? That is all you need, split the brick in half, and set aside the entire glass mouthpiece section and the wood block it's in. Then connect the other end of your whip to that little metal piece on the bowl section of the wood block, and voila! WhipBrickHydro

~vapeslut.xo~

Well like I said it depends how bad of a combustion, a little scorching is probably not too bad, I mean if you are still getting good flavor out of it... All up to you!

Nice, yeah cherry and walnut have so much variation to them! Since it's late they'll probably reply to you tomorrow, and my guess is ship you out a replacement as well! Good that it is still working well enough that you can now get some good hits, not sure if there's any risk of using it cracked like that, but yeah just be careful!

Haha no that's exactly similar to me, I just had trouble ripping it the way my friend could at first, not being as good of a smoker, like I said the carb hole tapping helped me too, and I had to take off my glasses so I could aim properly...
But yeah it is all in that inhale pulling the flame in, that's why it is such a great example of pure convection on demand, very pure, so it should help you get good hits out of most anything else convection!

Haha so it is a step down ladder, into a pool of stony bliss!

:lol: So the journey begins, for the right torch lighter to brick like the best! Now you see, the simplicity the purity, and the power, why this is such a popular vape despite the butane compromise...

So you have that whip from the mighty? That is all you need, split the brick in half, and set aside the entire glass mouthpiece section and the wood block it's in. Then connect the other end of your whip to that little metal piece on the bowl section of the wood block, and voila! WhipBrickHydro
oh yes! amazing suggestion!
holy balls. i'm baked love the SB.

is there anywhere on the forums with a vaporizer gallery, like pictures of cool vaporizers!...asking for a friend lmao

Shit Snacks

EDIT: umm wow.

once again i'm uncomfortably lifted! yeesh
i never knew different vapes could do this. how about that! ya learn something every day hehe

i never knew each one could change your high...i feel like more stoners should be into vaping!!

Haha "uncomfortably lifted"

Yeah if you can find some way to get herbal vapes into the mainstream, I agree if more people knew what we knew... Most folks don't have the patience or enough interest or enough money?

Ahhh vapor signatures! :razz:

oh yes! amazing suggestion!
holy balls. i'm baked love the SB.

Haha yay! Yeah I actually learned mine that whip through water way, at first my buddy would do the torch and carb for me so all I had to do was inhale through the bubbler which really helps regulate your draw, then I slowly graduated to carbing and torching myself lol

is there anywhere on the forums with a vaporizer gallery, like pictures of cool vaporizers!...asking for a friend lmao

Unfortunately there is not like a straight gallery of vaporizer varieties, there really should be but I don't know if it's possible, we only recently got the ability to post photos directly here instead of sharing from other sites, some old photo links are dead unfortunately... Yeah I know this place isn't always the most organized but you need to spend some time like checking every little spot and you might find some hidden gem threads! If you want to see some crazy vaporizers, I would suggest the Collyland thread also the recent Tetra P80 have been pretty wild...

~vapeslut.xo~

Haha "uncomfortably lifted"

Yeah if you can find some way to get herbal vapes into the mainstream, I agree if more people knew what we knew... Most folks don't have the patience or enough interest or enough money?

Ahhh vapor signatures! :razz:

Haha yay! Yeah I actually learned mine that whip through water way, at first my buddy would do the torch and carb for me so all I had to do was inhale through the bubbler which really helps regulate your draw, then I slowly graduated to carbing and torching myself lol

Unfortunately there is not like a straight gallery of vaporizer varieties, there really should be but I don't know if it's possible, we only recently got the ability to post photos directly here instead of sharing from other sites, some old photo links are dead unfortunately... Yeah I know this place isn't always the most organized but you need to spend some time like checking every little spot and you might find some hidden gem threads! If you want to see some crazy vaporizers, I would suggest the Collyland thread also the recent Tetra P80 have been pretty wild...

thank you! i'll open that thread right after i type this,
i cant keep up with the Brick! lmao
every time i think "that must have cached it" and yet...the bowl is nearly green!
so where did that huge cloud come from?😁

it seems really efficient, if you can pack a big bowl and hit it throughout the day!

PS I'm so glad i'm getting an HI next. I feel like a log vape is the perfect addition for these two!
the butane is a bit tricky still for me.
while i'm learning i need something easy to hit in between the Brick! LMAO

i am gonna go bake cookies.

Last edited:

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies

I swear the high from these Macguyver setups is as much about the ingenuity as the herb.

It’s like the extra rush from your first apple pipe or gravity bong. Or the Coke can pipe with the pin holes screen and the pencil hole carb!

~vapeslut.xo~

I swear the high from these Macguyver setups is as much about the ingenuity as the herb.
so true!!
It’s like the extra rush from your first apple pipe or gravity bong. Or the Coke can pipe with the pin holes screen and the pencil hole carb!

Brick midnight impressions:

Well I'm soldiering on despite a cracked air intake!
wow, i can really see what you guys are talking about,
full convection, or pure convection(??)

Effortless!! clouds are 1-2-3 EZ!
now, if you gave someone this last year,
and gave someone the Mighty this year,
and told them "this years model!"
They'd say "they went electric, why isn't it better?"
i'm just talking shit on the mighty cuz i know @Bad Dog loves it lol

the taste on my last 2 hits is absolutely disgusting, i think i am riding the combustion line verry closely still.
i wish i had some more lighters!

time goes by...

this Brick has placed me on the moon. it is my home now. it is where i sit.
i keep getting tastier and tastier hits. the flavor never quits.
how? i didnt even know weed TASTED like this!!

what is the Brick's fatal flaw?
having the air-hole close the carb.
one you're not supposed to block. oops

PS stirring is kinda cool and i like it

PPS everyone says the OG Brick's vapor is very cool, but its still a lil hot for me...perhaps
my technique is still wrong...

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

thank you! i'll open that thread right after i type this,

Yeah just skimming through the portables and plug-in sections, seeing all the crazy vapes that have existed, I do wish there was a way to just filter for only the photos...

i cant keep up with the Brick! lmao
every time i think "that must have cached it" and yet...the bowl is nearly green!
so where did that huge cloud come from?😁

it seems really efficient, if you can pack a big bowl and hit it throughout the day!

Haha classic, I love checking the herb so you can see how it is vaping as you go! Yeah no reason to take hit after hit, though it can be tough to resist that temptation! I've come to believe that one good hit deserves another...

PS I'm so glad i'm getting an HI next. I feel like a log vape is the perfect addition for these two!
the butane is a bit tricky still for me.
while i'm learning i need something easy to hit in between the Brick! LMAO

i am gonna go bake cookies.

Yeah I think you are going to love the HI, always ready to go, one hitter bowls through water... Oh yes, and the stacking hits between vapes, you're in for some wild fun! Cookies are important supplies, I'm sure we would all appreciate receiving some in the mail :brow:

Well I'm soldiering on despite a cracked air intake!
wow, i can really see what you guys are talking about,
full convection, or pure convection(??)

I am impressed how well it is working even with the cracks! These are good posts for the sticky brick thread too btw, not sure if you are sharing there as well...

Pure convection and full convection are synonyms really btw!

Effortless!! clouds are 1-2-3 EZ!
now, if you gave someone this last year,
and gave someone the Mighty this year,
and told them "this years model!"
They'd say "they went electric, why isn't it better?"

:rofl:Yeah it really depends on the person using it though! Also yeah the brick tech is old, the original Daisy actually came out a few months before the mighty (though Triihouse first had another vape called the Waldo before Daisy) but yeah Zion and Milaana came later so to me it really did feel like, they went electric and now it was better! :p

the taste on my last 2 hits is absolutely disgusting, i think i am riding the combustion line verry closely still.
i wish i had some more lighters!

time goes by...

Haha I know that's where you are, because of the total contradictions in this post ;) but seriously yeah, that's the double-edged sword of having the purity to experience such amazing flavors, that once you extract those flavors what's left is absolutely awful especially if you overcook it a bit... That's why I've become a total flavor snob and dump my bowls when I taste the goodness start to fade (depending on the herbs of course, some last longer than others, taste better at the end than others)

Aside from the fact that I wasn't good at smoking and took to vaping more, all the control it gives you, and the health benefits, my absolute favorite thing about it is the flavors! Could never smoke again

what is the Brick's fatal flaw?
having the air-hole close the carb.
one you're not supposed to block. oops

You mean the air intake on the side above the carb hole? Yeah that one should always be open... The carb hole can be feathered or covered, sealed with a cork... Also guess what, there are so many of these direct torch convection vapes, that do not have carb holes or fresh air intake at all!

Haha yess! The thrill of a good mod, the ones through water are the classic for FC I feel like, the gateway to tinkering... In college it was gravity bong waterfalls, which were really awful but efficient lol

Last edited:
Shit Snacks,
Reactions: bossman

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
My vapes can send me to the moon too 😉 I visit frequently and I'm working on building my stone moon house with backyard pool full of moon dust lol
You wound me deeply madam 🥺

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
PPS everyone says the OG Brick's vapor is very cool, but its still a lil hot for me...perhaps
my technique is still wrong...
Shucks, I was hoping you'd be adequately cooled by that big glass mouthpiece. Which torch lighter are you having the most success with so far? Maybe go for a longer hit and try not to milk up the Brick so quickly? You can always take your finger off the carb for just a sec to let a bit of air in. I only ever use the carb to clear it at the end but I do take long hits where I'm drawing for ten seconds or more (and torching the whole time of course).

That cracked intake is a bummer and bizarre really but @Shit Snacks is right that SBL definitely ought to replace that - I thought you dropped it at first!

This is a nice short demo from a faithful vape reviewer (though I rock a longer single flame than him and do kinda put it in the intake):

Lol, if you're gonna start posting in spoken word poetry we might have to summon the lyrical local legend @ataxian to spit some bars for us. He's a log aficionado too, among other things

jbm

Lol, if you're gonna start posting in spoken word poetry we might have to summon the lyrical local legend @ataxian to spit some bars for us.
Really? I always thought he was the world's only Zippy the Pinhead impersonator. For a while I thought he should be paying Bill Griffith royalties.

~vapeslut.xo~

Shucks, I was hoping you'd be adequately cooled by that big glass mouthpiece. Which torch lighter are you having the most success with so far? Maybe go for a longer hit and try not to milk up the Brick so quickly? You can always take your finger off the carb for just a sec to let a bit of air in. I only ever use the carb to clear it at the end but I do take long hits where I'm drawing for ten seconds or more (and torching the whole time of course).
the four flame lighter i have works best at first, then i switch to the single lighter when the AVB is gold! after a few more puffs the AVB gets a coffee ground color☕☕☕then i dump it out. its super black compared to my Mighty AVB!
which is probably good, because i ate a pinch of my Mighty AVB once and thought i was a cat for 20 minutes🐈...meow ;)😹😹😹

the Brick is definitely not gonna save me weed lol! the bowls are huge, and i'm ashamed to pack anything less!! :)😸

That cracked intake is a bummer and bizarre really but @Shit Snacks is right that SBL definitely ought to replace that - I thought you dropped it at first!

This is a nice short demo from a faithful vape reviewer (though I rock a longer single flame than him and do kinda put it in the intake):

Lol, if you're gonna start posting in spoken word poetry we might have to summon the lyrical local legend @ataxian to spit some bars for us. He's a log aficionado too, among other things

the different vape highs are the most interesting part of this whole dang thing. i'm intrigued. the Mighty was a like a hot air balloon, rising gently, and descending... the Dyna bullet train, stopping jerkily on arrival. the Brick is like skydiving! a crazy freefall, longer parachute ride, and a landing into a soft, hot springs bath :)

PS @Shit Snacks the whip from my Mega Globe won't fit in the Sticky that way :(
PPS @bossman the thing I love about that video is that VapelifeX guy is very animated in most of his videos, but in the Sticky Brick demo hes suuuuper chilled out and slow. LMAO

Last edited:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
the four flame lighter i have works best at first, then i switch to the single lighter when the AVB is gold! after a few more puffs the AVB gets a coffee ground color☕☕☕then i dump it out. its super black compared to my Mighty AVB!

If you start with the single lighter, you might have less of a heat issue. I saw you mentioned that earlier that the vapor is hotter than you were expecting, and it sounds like you're introducing a ton of heat to fresh bud, extracting a lot in your first couple of hits.

Starting with the single flame (or really starting further away with the four flame) would probably reduce the perceived heat, thats my guess anyway.

~vapeslut.xo~

If you start with the single lighter, you might have less of a heat issue. I saw you mentioned that earlier that the vapor is hotter than you were expecting, and it sounds like you're introducing a ton of heat to fresh bud, extracting a lot in your first couple of hits.

Starting with the single flame (or really starting further away with the four flame) would probably reduce the perceived heat, thats my guess anyway.
absolutely! that's what i've found...personally i hate holding a flame longer since its cracked atm, thats why i use the quad torch...
i'll take your advice though, and try it with the single, the entirety of the next bowl :)

i'm kinda disappointed Sticky Brick support hasn't contacted me back :| after 2 emails. but i dont want to be a pain

PS Combusted again! for SURE this time...it was soooo freakin gross! lol
i suppose thats a good thing. it reminds me what i'm missing! i.e. nothing!! lmao

EDIT: Began the Elev8r testing!
reading thru thread now.
already tried a few bowls.
I combusted twice...I think it's because I was inhaling while heating. guess i cant do that. yowch.

EDIT2: Elev8r Update!
-------------------------
The Elev8r is beautiful! i learned better technique.
Now I'm milking my Mobius as if I took a bong rip!!!
this is seriuos stuff fellas :)

When I exhale it's like cream. Instead of bong rip coughs.
(I still cough. But I think we can all tell the improved difference there, even.
It's more of a "hot throat" cough as if you drank some super hot hot-chocolate.
COmbustion gives you a cough and gross throat tickle, mucus, etc...yuck..

Back to the Elev8r! Using Big Buddy Torch!
ran it through the Mega Globe, and the Mobius.
both dry and wet.

all I can say is i got to a point where i just had to put the torch down,
and sit down. LMAO..

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

PS @Shit Snacks the whip from my Mega Globe won't fit in the Sticky that way :(

Damn, how so? For my own, I had bought a larger silicone tube on Amazon, to get it to seal over that metal tube of the brick, I had to fold the silicone over itself to give it a smaller tighter opening, then it was secure on the brick... Looking at your tube, it seems thinner than mine, but that means you have to stretch it over that metal tube on the brick... Sometimes it can be tough, but it should be able to get over it and seal okay? Maybe I am missing something, or maybe you are lol I just want to make sure your sure it does not work!

absolutely! that's what i've found...personally i hate holding a flame longer since its cracked atm, thats why i use the quad torch...
i'll take your advice though, and try it with the single, the entirety of the next bowl :)

Ah yeah that makes sense maybe, with the cracked intake, to be holding the flame further away for now... To cool the hits, try using the carb more, feathering tapping it using it to clear, perhaps that is what lets in a lot of fresh air and conditions the vapor to be much smoother!

i'm kinda disappointed Sticky Brick support hasn't contacted me back :| after 2 emails. but i dont want to be a pain

Damn, they are slacking! If you want to try hitting them up on Instagram, I think they have two different accounts there, one for each of the main dudes, I hope you're posting in the sticky brick thread too! :whip:

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: bossman

BrianTL

Westchester, NY

Haha actually I'd be more concerned about starting on cold glass with a quad torch.

Not saying this is what happened in your case by any means ( I dont think it is ) but there is something called "thermal shock," if something is heated up too quickly, or cooled down too quickly, things crack, snap, combust/explode, etc.

Generally speaking, slow gradual temperature changes are always the safest

~vapeslut.xo~

Haha actually I'd be more concerned about starting on cold glass with a quad torch.

Not saying this is what happened in your case by any means ( I dont think it is ) but there is something called "thermal shock," if something is heated up too quickly, or cooled down too quickly, things crack, snap, combust/explode, etc.

Generally speaking, slow gradual temperature changes are always the safest
ohh. well that sucks cause i seem to combust often with the single torch. shucks
guess i need to re-learn my technique!!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
ohh. well that sucks cause i seem to combust often with the single torch. shucks
Honesty you probably just need a torch with a nicer single flame like we talked about. @BrianTL and I were both like "shit, it's probably gonna come with that Eagle" and I know he wished you could have sidestepped this phase: it was a game changer when he upgraded to just a fifteen dollar Amazon torch. We thought his Brick was broken until he figured it out. Which I guess is slightly ironic since your Brick is actually broken while your cute new torch just hasn't arrived yet.

Oh and yeah, the Brick isn't winning any awards for efficiency, especially not when you fill the big bowl halfway or more. I'd use mine more often except I can't restrain myself and it's just so fast when you want it to be.

A good idea is to learn to vape small bowls in it just for some versatility. If you only put .1g or so you can often still get a three hit scenario where the third is still a nice size and flavor isn't too bad for how dark you went. When you fully extract a smaller amount you get to enjoy first hit flavor more often and it'll maybe make the OG less of a threat to your tolerance

Shit Snacks

Haha yes technique! You literally just got it, it's going to take a while to hone in on the best methods for the best results for you... To add to what bossman was saying about loading less, that could also help you avoid combustion with the single torch, load just enough to cover the screen and pack it down, that should give you a little more forgiveness with the torching... So many variables, that's why the learning curve is more involved than you might realize at first! :tup:

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom