Officialy a vapor girl :) Returning my new Mighty. (long)

justcametomind

The Mighty is still the gold standard of portable vapes, amongst other things (reliable, it's a powerhouse, rivals desktops, had good customer care afaik, etc.) it's still the closest thing we have to portable controlled administration of cannabinoids using vaporization.
Of course if you aim for using it on a water pipe, or you like on demand vapes better than session vapes, there are many devices that are "more recreational" than the Mighty is.
After having tried desktop heavy hitters or on demand portables the Mighty can get boring, I give you that. But it never ever combusts or even gets ever close to it, it fucks combustion every single time, under any and all circumstances.
Can you beat it?
michael jackson ugh GIF

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
well that was interesting. i was totally smacked for 30 minutes and now i'm chillin out...@Shit Snacks i see what you mean by herbal dab!
i'm kind of on the fence now!
i was almost starting to enjoy the slow Mighty high, and floating at the top, then drifting down.
the Dyna is like taking a rocket ship to the moon and slingshotting back!!

Haha yeah, especially with microdosing in an open non-temp regulated vape... Just wait till you try the Elev8r and Brick, I think those with their large bowls and full convection heating will give you that longer lasting high!

the Dyna also tastes like metal :|

Yeah, I think maybe that could be the steel compared to the titanium, there was a couple times even with my glass where I got like a hint of good flavor, but for the most part I never get good flavor with my vap cap at all so I only use it through water... In fact, if you can get a universal adapter, Like the Delta 3D Studios SonG (silicone on glass) then you can use your DynaVap M through water too!

so, i am using the shitty Eagle torches.
i also have a larger torch, still shitty but handheld. definite overkill as it heats up the stem too much.
😥😥😥its such a pain!
but wait...you said, i CAN touch the flame to the cap? it heats up so much quicker.

Oh damn, yeah I forgot the metal stem, you don't even have the silicone mouthpiece my glass one has, no wonder it's getting so hot! That must be why they tell you not to get too close with the flame? But yeah if you had a better torch that would probably help too...

ugh i keep thinking i'm combusting, because i get alot of vapor but the flavor is bad.
i wonder what makes the flavor so bad?
the AVB seems to verify I'm not combusting..even tho its like SO dark..
this certainly is tricky!

Yeah like I said I don't think it's a flavor champion especially as you're getting the technique, because the problem is if you just overcook roasted a tiny bit that spoils the flavor of the whole batch... This is why I like to do, one hitter bowls, like when you get your heat island, I really love just loading enough for one hit, because then you can do another fresh bowl and get good flavor and full spectrum effects! Vaping made me a flavor snob, so even if my herb isn't fully extracted, I dump it when the taste fades, when using larger loads in different vapes (like TM and FW7) So yeah I call that riding the low temps and flavor chasing, which is trickier to do in these type of manual vapes, but it is not impossible once you get your technique down!

one thing I have to say: the Dynavap may not have flavor like the Mighty (and i dont think it is known for its flavor.)
while the Dynavap may not have flavor, it is SO MUCH smoother than the Mighty's smoke!

Yeah it's the control, the on-demand vaping, also the fresh air I think it has a carb hole right? The mighty cooking for you, puffing on the vapor flowing out, yeah that scratchy throat feeling, classic session conduction vaping! (Convection can dry you out as well, always need the glass of water lol)

omg i am high as a kite...
anyone ever have that high
where you feel like you're in a different place?
Like right now I'm feeling Norway vibes...

:ko::razz:🇳🇴 maybe not quite like this :lmao:

despite feeling/thinking combustion, the smoke itself is smoother than the Mighty. i love it!

yes...i am quite smacked🤗

Glad you were able to get something else to try so fast and are enjoying the different experience! This is a fun week for you, I think that feeling with the new vape is exactly what drives the VAS :brow::mental:

the Mighty was my first!

well...back in high school my friend had a wooden box vaporizer. with a whip.
i am pretty sure i've seen someone use a Log in person, back before i knew what a vaporizer was.
but i never have.
and i've seen a bunch of Volcanos around but never tried one :)

That's a good early education, I think I first learned of them in earnest from the show Bored to Death in college, aside from just hearing about volcano or a hot box beforehand, then my buddy got Thermovape T1 (from Amazon which was possible back then lol) so I followed him before falling down the rabbit hole here... I did finally get to try a volcano, with a friend years later who got one free somehow, they are pretty wild because the bowl is so massive and the air is pumping a bag full for you lol

west-elec

The Mighty is still the gold standard of portable vapes, amongst other things (reliable, it's a powerhouse, rivals desktops, had good customer care afaik, etc.) it's still the closest thing we have to portable controlled administration of cannabinoids using vaporization.
Of course if you aim for using it on a water pipe, or you like better on demand vapes, there are many devices that are "more recreational" than the Mighty is.
After having tried desktop heavy hitters or on demand portables the Mighty can get boring, I give you that. But it never ever combusts or even gets ever close to it, it fucks combustion every single time, under any and all circumstances.
Can you beat it?
Is it wierd to like 'better' vapes and expect more from a vape than to not combust? Recreational or medicinal it doesn't need to be boring anymore. The tech is moving fast, S & B and the Mighty + are moving slow. The OP is a noob but has already worked this out.

Mr. Me2

Hey @~vapeslut.xo~ , have you looked at the Neo? A unique device; an external heater you use with a pipe. Here’s a link to the thread: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-neo-by-prrl-labs.50326/

After your dynavap experience, this may better suit you.

The Neo is another ritual type vape accessory. And an excuse to go pipe shopping. I suggest CDXX pipes. Handmade especially for Neo use (not all, but he’s making some...). He has a thread here and a shop on Etsy.

I love spending other people’s money!

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
E-Nano is so simple, easy, beautiful and powerful it cured my VAS. And I'm extremely picky about vapes. It gives consistent big tasty hits with pretty much no technique required. But using it dry can be too powerful and hot on the throat - it's best paired with a small water piece - but you already have one! I use E-Nano paired with my Mobious Ion Matrix and it'sa match made in heaven. Your mobius should be very similar be just awesome too. Make sure to add a glass adapter of the same size you mobius input is for the E-Nano if you want to get one.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
so , I'm sorry I rarely disagree with anyone in live (whom the fuck am I to think I know better?), but I have problems believing that you really think the Mighty is overrated !that's my personal comment after vaping since '91.

Coincidentally, '91 is the last time the Mighty has gotten a design update :lol::lol:

please don't be negative, we have more than enough negative shit going on in the world.
BE POSITIVE!!!

much love to all positive people here:leaf::chill:🤗

I am kidding though, just couldn't help myself. I'm glad you enjoy your mighty, obviously a ton of others do as well so it has to be doing something right.

~vapeslut.xo~

Is it wierd to like 'better' vapes and expect more from a vape than to not combust? Recreational or medicinal it doesn't need to be boring anymore. The tech is moving fast, S & B and the Mighty + are moving slow. The OP is a noob but has already worked this out.
hehe~ill take the compliment ;)
the Mighty wasnt for me but i do see who it is for!
i have friends who are professionals...well one in particular shes very hush-hush about her *ahem* Cannabis Use *ahem*
she cant roll a joint or even make an apple pipe, but she loves smoking...but she hates the hassle...anyway the Mighty would be great
for her...a company like S&B will always be around for the "mainstream, classic solid vape"...i dunno...its like a car, men love their cars the same way :)

Hey @~vapeslut.xo~ , have you looked at the Neo? A unique device; an external heater you use with a pipe. Here’s a link to the thread: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-neo-by-prrl-labs.50326/

After your dynavap experience, this may better suit you.

The Neo is another ritual type vape accessory. And an excuse to go pipe shopping. I suggest CDXX pipes. Handmade especially for Neo use (not all, but he’s making some...). He has a thread here and a shop on Etsy.

I love spending other people’s money!
MrMe2, this is the other kind of vape i saw in high school!...someone had a handheld thing they kept capping over the weed bowl.
anyway this one looks much more sophisticated obviously :) very nice

E-Nano is so simple, easy, beautiful and powerful it cured my VAS. And I'm extremely picky about vapes. It gives consistent big tasty hits with pretty much no technique required. But using it dry can be too powerful and hot on the throat - it's best paired with a small water piece - but you already have one! I use E-Nano paired with my Mobious Ion Matrix and it'sa match made in heaven. Your mobius should be very similar be just awesome too. Make sure to add a glass adapter of the same size you mobius input is for the E-Nano if you want to get one.
thanks! i am getting a heat island which is very similar to e-nano :) but better in my newbie opinion :)

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Nicely done grabbing that Craigslist vapcap. While the og Brick loves a nice single torch I've always disliked how slow it is to get a vapcap to heat up and click with any small single torch like your two Eagles. I mostly only use mine with induction heaters.

For vapcaps I prefer a double or triple torch and while there's already an enormous thread on this topic the two torches I recommend on Amazon are this triple Mantello:

And this double Zippo insert:

A lot of triple torches are too much flame and also sometimes a bit noisier so it's hard to hear the click.

Changing topics, while I don't own one I'd leave the Neo alone. It's a ceramic heater paired with an ecig box mod. You're supposed to go find a pipe or bowl of some kind that makes a decent seal with the heater and then figure out how to coax your airflow so that you get even extraction and consistent clouds without scorching. For the $150 price you can (I mean you already have done) find less fiddly options that won't have you feeling like a beta tester.

~vapeslut.xo~

Nicely done grabbing that Craigslist vapcap. While the og Brick loves a nice single torch I've always disliked how slow it is to get a vapcap to heat up and click with any small single torch like your two Eagles. I mostly only use mine with induction heaters.

For vapcaps I prefer a double or triple torch and while there's already an enormous thread on this topic the two torches I recommend on Amazon are this triple Mantello:

And this double Zippo insert:

A lot of triple torches are too much flame and also sometimes a bit noisier so it's hard to hear the click.
amazing! thank you. also the button on the Eagle hurts my hand&fingers. i hope the first lighter i ordered
(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WKCDWVR) is softer. i cant grab another one til next week.
i turned up the flame on the Eagle and it heats quicker. but it still hurts my fingers :\ lamee
Changing topics, while I don't own one I'd leave the Neo alone. It's a ceramic heater paired with an ecig box mod. You're supposed to go find a pipe or bowl of some kind that makes a decent seal with the heater and then figure out how to coax your airflow so that you get even extraction and consistent clouds without scorching. For the $150 price you can (I mean you already have done) find less fiddly options that won't have you feeling like a beta tester.
oof! i definitely see your reasoning, thats unfortunate. its a very nice modern-style design :)

however i did see this quote in the Neo th:
"Got an OG stickybrick recently, and the Neo works like a charm with it! I don't love using the Neo with my flipbrick as it can get awkward to hold, but the OG brick really shines with the Neo."

Ps I am super conflicted.
When it comes to the mighty.
I certainly don't miss the harsher smoke and having to drink a very tough milkshake.
but... it did give me a slow, warm high. the Dynavap hits me like a slap in the face lol.
But it's less warm. More pointy and punchy.

somewhat ashamed to admit, i kind of miss the high of the Mighty!
i am hoping/wondering what the Brick and Elev8r will do. i expect the Brick to have flavor but
if it can provide a longer warmer high that would be amazing as well. as @Shit Snacks mentioned :)
y'all cant tell me i didnt combust that one! lol

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
amazing! thank you. also the button on the Eagle hurts my hand&fingers. i hope the first lighter i ordered
(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WKCDWVR) is softer. i cant grab another one til next week.
i turned up the flame on the Eagle and it heats quicker. but it still hurts my fingers :\ lamee

oof! i definitely see your reasoning, thats unfortunate. its a very nice modern-style design :)

"Got an OG stickybrick recently, and the Neo works like a charm with it! I don't love using the Neo with my flipbrick as it can get awkward to hold, but the OG brick really shines with the Neo."

I certainly don't miss the harsher smoke and having to drink a very tough milkshake.
but... it did give me a slow, warm high. the Dynavap hits me like a slap in the face lol.

i am hoping/wondering what the Brick and Elev8r will do. i expect the Brick to have flavor but
if it can provide a longer warmer high that would be amazing as well. as @Shit Snacks mentioned :)
y'all cant tell me i didnt combust that one! lol
That Promise torch should have a more comfy button. A nicer single torch like that will sort you out in the event your Brick comes with another Eagle instead of that plastic Honest torch I linked a while back. And maybe it'll be viable with your vapcap: a lot of people who use vapcaps as their daily driver do seem to enjoy single torches, I just don't have the patience for them.

That anecdote about using a Neo to heat a Brick is the kind of foolishness I'd dismiss and kinda proves my point that the Neo is just an overpriced heater on a single cell box mod. They punted on actually designing and selling a vape and then act like the quirksville of puffing on some old glass bowl with your new ceramic heater attachment is some kind of innovation because it *lets you use wooden pipes or whatever.

I actually use most of my portables in a similar manner to the supposed Neo use case, it's just that the smarter way to do that is to get a fancy j-hook and then use one of the super punchy and consistent on demand vapes like the Tinymight, Firewood7, Tetra P80, Splinter Z, Milaana, or even a cheap Vleaf Go.

You can watch the creators of the Neo fart around with various pipes on their live streams while talking about how to puff puff pull or watch for the ceramic to glow - it's a noble enough enterprise but we already have small, cute vapes available that do what they're trying to do better using a j-hook and WPA.

Oh and don't look back at the Mighty test run. You're just hearing the dated echos of the same legacy fandom that tricked you into spending $349 on that old dinosaur in the first place. Another reason I don't use vapcaps very often is that brute force high you describe. The Brick vapor is going to be a different level of flavor and effects. If you could only take two nice hits off a Brick, a Tinymight, a Firewood7 or any of the discontinued RBT vapes I hold so dear you'd quickly understand how easily vapor can just jump out of some nice flower. Ironically, that's how you got in this temporary snag: the Mighty is still coasting on its reputation for easy extraction, a reputation it earned more than ten years ago before punchy on demand portables existed. But you still don't want to take eight throat scratching hits from your Mighty now that you can get equivalent extraction and better flavor, effects, and efficiency from any of your A-list vapes (I don't rate the vapcap among the others we've been discussing)

Last edited:

~vapeslut.xo~

That Promise torch should have a more comfy button. A nicer single torch like that will sort you out in the event your Brick comes with another Eagle instead of that plastic Honest torch I linked a while back. And maybe it'll be viable with your vapcap: a lot of people who use vapcaps as their daily driver do seem to enjoy single torches, I just don't have the patience for them.
so for us impatients, we can use 2x/3x flame and get quicker results? does this apply to most butane vapes?
That anecdote about using a Neo to heat a Brick is the kind of foolishness I'd dismiss and kinda proves my point that the Neo is just an overpriced heater on a single cell box mod. They punted on actually designing and selling a vape and then act like the quirksville of puffing on some old glass bowl with your new ceramic heater attachment is some kind of innovation because it *lets you use wooden pipes or whatever.
see this is the kind of critical thinking VAS blocks in my brain :)

I actually use most of my portables in a similar manner to the supposed Neo use case, it's just that the smarter way to do that is to get a fancy j-hook and then use one of the super punchy and consistent on demand vapes like the Tinymight, Firewood7, Tetra P80, Splinter Z, Milaana, or even a cheap Vleaf Go.
i'd really like to know what puffing on one of those portables feels like!
they are some of the most esoteric, well not esoteric whats the word...lesser-known or obscure?

they feel like "niche" products with an immaculate reputation, like - not many people will mention them
but the ones that do, absolutely love them!

You can watch the creators of the Neo fart around with various pipes on their live streams while talking about how to puff puff pull or watch for the ceramic to glow - it's a noble enough enterprise but we already have small, cute vapes available that do what they're trying to do better using a j-hook and WPA.
i also can't wait to experiment with my j-hook between the Elev8r, Dyna, log...the options are dizzying :)

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
they are some of the most esoteric, well not esoteric whats the word...lesser-known or obscure?
Yeah, I was editing my last post to that effect as you were writing this I think. That's why you got several early recommendations for the Tinymight: it's one of the first vapes to nail on demand convection in a single cell 18650 configuration and gives you the control for low temp terp hits, high temp rapid extraction, and everything in between with dead simple operation. Well, that plus you can actually buy one and just get it as opposed to the batch drops and waitlists one often encounters with these one person vape shops.

So just don't imagine the toasty little vapcap bowls are any indication of the performance or vapor quality you can expect from our snobby artisanal portable faves

~vapeslut.xo~

Yeah, I was editing my last post to that effect as you were writing this I think. That's why you got several early recommendations for the Tinymight: it's one of the first vapes to nail on demand convection in a single cell 18650 configuration and gives you the control for low temp terp hits, high temp rapid extraction, and everything in between with dead simple operation. Well, that plus you can actually buy one and just get it as opposed to the batch drops and waitlists one often encounters with these one person vape shops.

So just don't imagine the toasty little vapcap bowls are any indication of the performance or vapor quality you can expect from our snobby artisanal portable faves
at first i thought the Mighty was too simple.
but after hurting my hands trying to handle this lil Dyna i see the value in simplicity!
i'm hoping the Sticky is more in-between...not totally braindead but more fun to use.
i can't imagine Dynas being "fun" ever...but maybe i dont have the right equipment&stuff.

i can see a point where i just want quick easy clouds, not session conduction, at the push of a button. sounds very different than the Mighty.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
but after hurting my hands trying to handle this lil Dyna i see the value in simplicity!
i'm hoping the Sticky is more in-between...not totally braindead but more fun to use.
i can't imagine Dynas being "fun" ever...but maybe i dont have the right equipment&stuff.

i can see a point where i just want quick easy clouds, not session conduction, at the push of a button. sounds very different than the Mighty.
Yeah that's what @Bad Dog is getting at with his post above: the heaters are so much more powerful and effective nowadays. The Mighty is an old, slow, underpowered weed hog and the folks who swear by them just don't know any better. You don't need to deal with the slow, inefficient extraction and added throat irritation taking ten hits off a Mighty: once your Brick arrives you can vape that same .3g bowl in three glorious hits with a familiar ritual much like a bong and a lighter.

Since you have a j-hook coming and won't want to spring for a $250 Tinymight in the near term another fun on demand option to consider as a sort of sneak peak would be the Vleaf Go.

Battery life is poor and it's too hot and harsh to use natively (kinda shaped like a little vibrator with the chamber near the top so no vapor path to speak of). That said, it really does perform like a poor man's Firewood7: it delivers fast, dense, consistent hits with on demand hybrid heating and simple one-button operation.

The one caveat, apart from the 900mah that's only good for maybe three bowls before it starts to sag and need charging, is that I can only use mine with a j-hook because it'll give you quick, lung-busting clouds on even the lowest temp setting so you gotta provide your own cooling.

If you had independent eyebrow control and a friend came over with a $70 Go and put it on your globe you'd be giving that Mighty the side-eye like "the fuck is your problem then?"

Oh and remember how I said 900mah was meh for the Go battery? Well the geniuses who made the TafeeBowle plastic cup vape decided to go with a 750mah battery and then charge $300 for that mess. Shit is shameful and I don't care what polite excuses folks are making who already paid for one

Modnote: The last paragraph here should have been written with more care as per our Be Nice rules. Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed. Please keep this in mind going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies

Man, you’ve been so busy buying vapes, I’m wondering if you’ve had time to watch a vapcap tutorial!

From a fresh load, try heating just the tip of the cap (1st third of the cap, not counting the scoop part) with your single flame. You mentioned dexterity issues but spinning/twisting the cap as you heat is key to getting an even roast. Keep the flame tip just off the metal. It should take ~25-30 secs to the click.

That’s about as much temp control and “flavor chasing” as you can do with a stock M, but it should provide a light, terpy hit.

Second pass, keep the flame (~1/2 inch length) just off the middle of the cap (middle third) as you spin it. This will be good vapor, but most of the flavor notes will be gone.

Third hit, aim for the base of the cap (ie final third) to finish it off. This’ll be the face-punch that it seems you got on your first go. Splitting it might help you ramp up a bit more smoothly.

I can’t decide whether it’s the hot avatar or just old stoners wanting to relive the magic that’s inspiring all the love in this thread, but it really warms my stony heart. :tup:

(I will def change my avatar when I need to dial in my Black Friday butane vape, tho!)

Now back to the heavies.

Shit Snacks

To be fair, the heater is not ceramic, it is a metal alloy ribbon type coil I believe, within ceramic zirconia shell (as opposed to wood like a splinter) and it also comes with a silicone seal for the tip, so you can connect it to most any bowl piece, well it also actually cost more than $150 now! Just had to pipe in with those corrections ;)

Yeah that's the thing with butane vapes, it entails the hunt for the right torch, trouble with the triggers and my hands is a big part of why I hardly use them these days, but hopefully those zico torches I linked will be reliable, because those buttons are the easiest to press for me!

Yeah there are a lot of people, who use the brick as a wood glass pipe for other vapes... Unklmark on Instagram uses his brick with like everything, including his Elev8r in fact! And yeah there are a lot of these wood pieces, like the O'Connell Vapes, that other people have said seal well with the Neo and there is also the Purr glass company who make a 14 mm bowl for it, and I believe are working on other glass pieces for Neo...

Haha yeah, it's good to have a session vape in the mix, but there's no reason to have one as expensive as the mighty... Down the line you may want to look into one of the budget session options, for more variety and those situations where it is convenient, like using with friends (I myself bought the mighty specifically for a trip to Colorado for my buddy's bachelor weekend, so I wouldn't have to worry about travel or mailing my more precious vapes, also thinking it would be good for sharing... However I was basically the only one who used it, aside from my friends taking a few puffs here and there, they just smoked joints and a bong instead, then I sold the mighty a few weeks after I got back home lol)

Yeah you are getting a variety of experience now with different vape types, the brick and the elev8r really will feel totally different from the DynaVap and the mighty, so I don't want to give you too much expectation lol keep mind open!

Yeah I also didn't feel like it was such a novel design for that reason, Tetra and the RBT Vapes (plus other pure convection mod-based vapes) can already be used in the same way... Simpler with standard glass connection, along with potential temp control! I was tempted for a neo, with that purr glass bowl, but the price kept me away...

Also like with the Tafée Bowle, everyone raving about the top down convection heating, I'm also like why is that such a big deal, because I use my logs, splinters and tetra upside down so it is the same thing lol (also elevape and haze square did do it first, having the heater be on top in proper use orientation, so it is a good feature don't get me wrong, just not like that novel or game changing imo though of course it must depend on the individual's own experience!)

so for us impatients, we can use 2x/3x flame and get quicker results? does this apply to most butane vapes?

For the vap cap yes, but I would not recommend using anything but a single flame for the brick, and I would not recommend using anything but the big shot torch for the Elev8r (and quartz dabbing) Also another reason a lot of people use a single flame torch for the vap cap, is that it gives you a bit more control, to aim the flame and take longer to heat it, giving you deeper extraction... However if you want to avoid that scorched char, then yeah a multi-flame torch could be just what you need!

see this is the kind of critical thinking VAS blocks in my brain :)

Haha yes you are deep in it now, let the VAS flow through you and control you! :p

they feel like "niche" products with an immaculate reputation, like - not many people will mention them
but the ones that do, absolutely love them!

When I first got RBT Zion and Milaana (beta tested them way back when) after my buddy had gotten his Daisy and I got my Lily, we were comparing them saying they were just like battery-powered versions, electric daisy (electric lady lol) with that strong full-bodied pure convection vapor signature that comes from a great heater with plenty of power...

Unfortunately yeah them being niche products from one man show handmade made it difficult to get into the mainstream and form a sustainable business... However fortunately RBT is not quite dead! He found an old friend to take over sales (via Instagram and email now I think) for the remaining stock of Milaana3 (~50) SplinterV2 (~20) and Milaana2 (which are being built first, and waiting for a stem delivery, there may be a hundred even? The other two I listed first were the outsourced models made in China) and thankfully they can be found for sale here and on Reddit fairly regularly though they move fast!

But yeah as bossman said, tinymight came after them, and really is a great evolution, why it is my go-to portable now and a strong recommendation for pure convection on demand!

i also can't wait to experiment with my j-hook between the Elev8r, Dyna, log...the options are dizzying :)

Yeah I have so many j-hooks now, on top of all the different vapes, sometimes it is actually a tough to decide which one I want to use just like it's stuff to decide which herbs with all the easy variety here in California lol

Haha yeah it's a pretty big contrast, don't get it twisted, there is learning curve involved with the brick and elev8r as well, personally I find Brick simpler and more rewarding than a Dyna, but it still could take some time to hone in your technique... Although maybe not, you could take right to it, that's the benefit of trying so many different types! However it's worth keeping in mind, when you get a vape that is not like anything else you have, you really want to focus and spend time with just it to learn the ins and outs... So especially tough to do, when you have a lot of new ones arriving at once!

Also just to play the devil's advocate, remember there are a whole lot of options with vap cap, you just have a basic version, why it was so cheap, but yeah I don't think it's really worthwhile paying all the money to get those fancier versions of the vap cap, personally, based on my own experience with them in the past... I am glad I still have my OG all glass version, to use every once in awhile for fun, maybe I should whip it out again, it's been over a year...

Yeah that's what I came to learn, but you may want to have a session vape in your collection at some point too, Fury Edge or Rogue maybe, IQ2 is my favorite fancy one! Remember this is just the beginning for you, plenty of time to have it all :lol:

Last edited:
Shit Snacks,
Reactions: bossman

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I can’t decide whether it’s the hot avatar or just old stoners wanting to relive the magic that’s inspiring all the love in this thread, but it really warms my stony heart. :tup:

(I will def change my avatar when I need to dial in my Black Friday butane vape, tho!)
Ha! You're selling the OP's posts short I think... and possibly underestimating how little me and @Shit Snacks value our free time lol. I mean who *doesn't he help?

And personally any thread title like "well this Mighty turned out to be bullshit, what should I get instead?" is gonna be enticing even if the OP wasn't replying pretty much hourly being engaging and fun

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I'm a tinymight and Bowle owner so I can give some counter points in regards to @bossman option on the Bowle but first and foremost I stick by my tinymight recommendation over the Bowle and here's why.

The tinymight is my quick small dose vape and the Bowle is my bigger more drawn out session vape, even though the tinymight is capable of a bigger herb chamber then the Bowle I never go bigger than .1 but usually top out at .05 with the tinymight, why? It does the small size with a very thorough, even (more so if you temp step) extraction. Anything bigger than .1-.15 and it's harder for the heat to penetrate to the bottom of the bowl, it can do it but the top of the bowl will over vape and not give off the best flavor while you try and finish, you could stir once or twice a session that would speed things up extraction wise and give more even extraction but it's slows you down doing the extra step.

On the other hand is the Bowle My larger more drawn out session vape (it's not a session style vape) with a full load size of .1-.15, it's my crafty replacement with a load size I like better and it's instant on demand convection. Even though it's extraction is fast, nearly as fast as the tinymight I almost always Temp step all 4 of the temperature settings taking three of the full 20 second timer hits per setting, taking a sip from the cup after every hit. This 20 timer is a feature of the vape as well as a safety measure, because of the timer and temperature sensor it's basically impossible to scorch your load unlike the tinymight if you're not careful. Because of this limiting the Bowle has better flavor to me because I'm not always careful with the tinymight and take 30 second or longer hits. The Bowle battery could be better I don't think any Bowle owner would say it is perfect and the choice for safety reasons is very Canadian (I should know I'm one) but I don't think that the Bowle's target audience is the hardcore vaping scene, I think they are trying to get more casual user's who still want excellent performance to go with the co-habit of having a drink, in the same price range as a mighty. I'm a early adopter and there's some things that are unforseen problems like a cup you can't put hot beverages in and peeling exterior coating on the stem, these are things they are working on but because of them I can't recommend this as someone's main vape. I love mine but it still needs work though mine is still in pristine shape. It my mindless button press and vape away while reading FC first thing in the morning vape and it does it very well, and for a 3-4 session a day guy the battery isn't much as a problem because I get 3 sessions per charge and even if I want a Bowle heavy day I charge once and have enough sessions to satisfy me but if I was still a g or more a day user and this was my only vape I might be more disappointed.

It should be said this is how I use those vapes other people might be different and there's things I could do to change how I vape them but the idea of always counting how long my tinymight hit is sounds like a pain in the ass. Rather then expecting all my vapes to work the same way I prefer having a vape for whatever usage I think I like it best.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I'm a tinymight and Bowle owner so I can give some counter points in regards to @bossman option on the Bowle but first and foremost I stick by my tinymight recommendation over the Bowle and here's why.

The tinymight is my quick small dose vape and the Bowle is my bigger more drawn out session vape, even though the tinymight is capable of a bigger herb chamber then the Bowle I never go bigger than .1 but usually top out at .05 with the tinymight, why? It does the small size with a very thorough, even (more so if you temp step) extraction. Anything bigger than .1-.15 and it's harder for the heat to penetrate to the bottom of the bowl, it can do it but the top of the bowl will over vape and not give off the best flavor while you try and finish, you could stir once or twice a session that would speed things up extraction wise and give more even extraction but it's slows you down doing the extra step.

On the other hand is the Bowle My larger more drawn out session vape (it's not a session style vape) with a full load size of .1-.15, it's my crafty replacement with a load size I like better and it's instant on demand convection. Even though it's extraction is fast, nearly as fast as the tinymight I almost always Temp step all 4 of the temperature settings taking three of the full 20 second timer hits per setting, taking a sip from the cup after every hit. This 20 timer is a feature of the vape as well as a safety measure, because of the timer and temperature sensor it's basically impossible to scorch your load unlike the tinymight if you're not careful. Because of this limiting the Bowle has better flavor to me because I'm not always careful with the tinymight and take 30 second or longer hits. The Bowle battery could be better I don't think any Bowle owner would say it is perfect and the choice for safety reasons is very Canadian (I should know I'm one) but I don't think that the Bowle's target audience is the hardcore vaping scene, I think they are trying to get more casual user's who still want excellent performance to go with the co-habit of having a drink, in the same price range as a mighty. I'm a early adopter and there's some things that are unforseen problems like a cup you can't put hot beverages in and peeling exterior coating on the stem, these are things they are working on but because of them I can't recommend this as someone's main vape. I love mine but it still needs work though mine is still in pristine shape. It my mindless button press and vape away while reading FC first thing in the morning vape and it does it very well, and for a 3-4 session a day guy the battery isn't much as a problem because I get 3 sessions per charge and even if I want a Bowle heavy day I charge once and have enough sessions to satisfy me but if I was still a g or more a day user and this was my only vape I might be more disappointed.

It should be said this is how I use those vapes other people might be different and there's things I could do to change how I vape them but the idea of always counting how long my tinymight hit is sounds like a pain in the ass. Rather then expecting all my vapes to work the same way I prefer having a vape for whatever usage I think I like it best.
Thanks for sharing this. You should try your Tinymight with a dimpled j-hook if you haven't already. Getting rid of the cooling unit for home use improves flavor and almost eliminates cleaning or upkeep compared to those little steel bits clogging up. And I've never experienced scorching so maybe the added distance from heater to weed helps too? That or I'm too slow and low to run the risk

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Ha! You're selling the OP's posts short I think... and possibly underestimating how little me and @Shit Snacks value our free time lol. I mean who *doesn't he help?

I was being sarcastic (in my head) but all fair points.

It was actually @Shit Snacks’s help on a 4/20 grinder buy that made me decide to lurk less and contribute more... despite a self-imposed vow of silence until I got off the Nomad waitlist!

Shit Snacks

And personally any thread title like "well this Mighty turned out to be bullshit, what should I get instead?" is gonna be enticing even if the OP wasn't replying pretty much hourly being engaging and fun

:nod:couldn't have said all of this better myself!
Also did not see that part of the post before LOL

I think any askFC rec thread, especially where the OP is able to try multiple things, is going to be very active because we do like to live vicariously, fun to get other people hooked because VAS loves company lol with the activity and engagement now this thread is more like a vapor lounge, already some great story too!

Thanks for sharing this. You should try your Tinymight with a dimpled j-hook if you haven't already. Getting rid of the cooling unit for home use improves flavor and almost eliminates cleaning or upkeep compared to those little steel bits clogging up. And I've never experienced scorching so maybe the added distance from heater to weed helps too? That or I'm too slow and low to run the risk

Yeah if you can @Bad Dog get this piece for your TM to make it like a TB style with the right angles:
He can make an 18.8 mm female version too, cooling spikes get more expensive, and I don't think they're quite as beneficial personally...

Mr. Me2

Yeah that's what @Bad Dog is getting at with his post above: the heaters are so much more powerful and effective nowadays. The Mighty is an old, slow, underpowered weed hog and the folks who swear by them just don't know any better. You don't need to deal with the slow, inefficient extraction and added throat irritation taking ten hits off a Mighty: once your Brick arrives you can vape that same .3g bowl in three glorious hits with a familiar ritual much like a bong and a lighter.

Since you have a j-hook coming and won't want to spring for a $250 Tinymight in the near term another fun on demand option to consider as a sort of sneak peak would be the Vleaf Go.

Battery life is poor and it's too hot and harsh to use natively (kinda shaped like a little vibrator with the chamber near the top so no vapor path to speak of). That said, it really does perform like a poor man's Firewood7: it delivers fast, dense, consistent hits with on demand hybrid heating and simple one-button operation.

The one caveat, apart from the 900mah that's only good for maybe three bowls before it starts to sag and need charging, is that I can only use mine with a j-hook because it'll give you quick, lung-busting clouds on even the lowest temp setting so you gotta provide your own cooling.

If you had independent eyebrow control and a friend came over with a $70 Go and put it on your globe you'd be giving that Mighty the side-eye like "the fuck is your problem then?"

Oh and remember how I said 900mah was meh for the Go battery? Well the geniuses who made the TafeeBowle plastic cup vape decided to go with a 750mah battery and then charge $300 for that mess. Shit is shameful and I don't care what polite excuses folks are making who already paid for one
@bossman , you know I’m your fan and friend, but I disagree with some of your statements about tafee bowle and Neo. Of course I don’t disagree with your factually correct info (like battery size). And I haven’t tried all that you have. But right now, my go-to is tafee bowle because of its ease of use (and cleaning), almost instant heat up, and great cool flavor. I agree it has weak battery life. But it fully recharges quickly so it has not been a problem for me. And don’t get me wrong, I’d LOVE a battery with longer life.

And I’ve been enjoying my Neo when I feel like the ritual. Also great flavor and virtually no maintenance. The CDXX pipe has a large bowl so I get many more pulls per load. Since it’s pure convection, there’s no waste. So it’s a leisurely time.

My personal rotation includes a Nomad II and grasshopper. I hate to admit that recently my gh has not been getting as much love. May have to do something about that. With everything discussed here (and elsewhere), I’ve really only been tempted by a TinyMight and log (from Ed).

Having said all that, I keep learning from you (and @Shit Snacks ), so thanks!

Shit Snacks

@bossman , you know I’m your fan and friend, but I disagree with some of your statements about tafee bowle and Neo. Of course I don’t disagree with your factually correct info (like battery size). And I haven’t tried all that you have. But right now, my go-to is tafee bowle because of its ease of use (and cleaning), almost instant heat up, and great cool flavor. I agree it has weak battery life. But it fully recharges quickly so it has not been a problem for me. And don’t get me wrong, I’d LOVE a battery with longer life.

And I’ve been enjoying my Neo when I feel like the ritual. Also great flavor and virtually no maintenance. The CDXX pipe has a large bowl so I get many more pulls per load. Since it’s pure convection, there’s no waste. So it’s a leisurely time.

My personal rotation includes a Nomad II and grasshopper. I hate to admit that recently my gh has not been getting as much love. May have to do something about that. With everything discussed here (and elsewhere), I’ve really only been tempted by a TinyMight and log (from Ed).

Having said all that, I keep learning from you (and @Shit Snacks ), so thanks!

My man you do have quite a respectable little collection in rotation! Add the FW7 (or FW8) to your list with the TM though :tup:

Edit: Ohhh Yeah! RBT just came back online a minute ago! Splinter V2 available $110 shipped (this one you will need an e-cig mod for, but can regulate the power and battery, even set up temp control) and Milaana 3 for $260 shipped (this one is unregulated, heater powered directly by the battery, so how fast it heats up is dependent on the charge level and you modulate the button to control the heat as you inhale) Email leerbtmd@gmail to order!

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Been running my tinymight through a regular dhgate j-hook....... I covet your ogb hooks! Dam your eyes @bossman and dam @Shit Snacks with his custom heady hook he just posted! .........! LoL

I did say you could scorch your load if your not careful not that it's a inevitability, now that I know my tinymight so well I don't anymore but you can set the wrong temp if you don't pay attention to the dial, easily rectified by marking the right side. I also found screen position to be key in the rbt wpa stem it eliminates most problems and I can run long slow and hot hits with perfect brown avb. The tinymight can be totally dialed in and perfectly controlled but I wanted to give a idea of what a newbie might expect to happen in the beginning.

Top Bottom