Off topic rants from the Arizer Solo thread

OF

Haha sounds dreamy brother, one day me and Solo may do that, I think my wife might have something to say about it, but hell, she will have to live with it! I very much look forward to a polygamous relationship with her and a few inanimate objects like the Solo and my upcoming Cloud EVO!

:D

Come on over, Brother. By the time you get here that part will probably be changed as well.

Hey, January first we start a new statewide law that says female school children who think they're really a boy trapped in a girl's body (we used to call them 'tomboys'....the ones I grew up with grew out of it....) can now use the boys rest room and locker room for the benefit of their self esteem. Same for boys, of course. The feelings of the other kids be damned. Their right to privacy (a real right under the rest of our laws) means nothing in the face of this new found privilege (mislabeled a right....). We seem to think it's OK to redefine definitions thousands of years old to suit modern whims.

As Dirty Harry once said, "that's a mighty big price to pay for being stylish".

Mind you, I can still expect to get arrested for trying to sneak into the woman's rest room. So much for equal treatment under the law.

So, come on down, the rules are changed, the party's on and someone else is expected to pay the bills. As soon as SF realizes they can charge for those vape marriage licenses they're sure to want to. After all there seems to be no end to 'special interest groups' with votes for sale? Where's our entitlement?

OF

Detonator

Come on over, Brother. By the time you get here that part will probably be changed as well.
Hey, January first we start a new statewide law that says female school children who think they're really a boy trapped in a girl's body (we used to call them 'tomboys'....the ones I grew up with grew out of it....) can now use the boys rest room and locker room for the benefit of their self esteem. Same for boys, of course. The feelings of the other kids be damned. Their right to privacy (a real right under the rest of our laws) means nothing in the face of this new found privilege (mislabeled a right....). We seem to think it's OK to redefine definitions thousands of years old to suit modern whims.
Mind you, I can still expect to get arrested for trying to sneak into the woman's rest room. So much for equal treatment under the law.
So, come on down, the rules are changed, the party's on and someone else is expected to pay the bills. As soon as SF realizes they can charge for those vape marriage licenses they're sure to want to. After all there seems to be no end to 'special interest groups' with votes for sale? Where's our entitlement?
OF

way off topic, should probly be moved but I'll bite.....

San Francisco I love ya, yeah its wierd to some. Didn't Gay Bikers with Aids get weed legalized? Why should I look down on them? Or kids that may have started this way?

But I belive little kids can actually handel this stuff better than adults.

When I was a kid in some places there was terrible racial stuff going on, but when I would turn on Sesame Street they would always talk about getting along and being nice to each other and show black and white kids playing together.

I think the same will be Basicly true here little Jhonny will get used to Mary who wants to be called Marty going in the stall shutting the door and peeing. No big deal really, for the kids.

Last edited:

OF

I think the same will be Basicly true here little Jhonny will get used to Mary who wants to be called Marty going in the stall shutting the door and peeing. No big deal really, for the kids.

That is more likely to happen if there are doors on those stalls.....or stalls in the first place? AFAIK those left long ago. Although I admit I don't hang around school rest rooms, they were gone from the Public High School I attended long ago. And for sure that's not so easy in the locker rooms and showers when they sign up for the boy's (or girls) teams.....as is their new found 'right'.

The kids will adjust (at least most of them, some will no doubt suffer emotional problems as happens now). IMO no doubt about it, it will make it all the harder for some to make it through puberty intact. Some would say that call belongs with the parents of those children, some of whom seem to object strange as that might seem.

A long way from vaping, but part of our lives in a real way. Special people forcing their values off on others, disguised as 'rights'. Signs of the times.....for better or worse.

Thanks for the thoughts.

this is fucking awesome! i can't wait to buy two of them, both my solo's have chipped corners.

Sorry to hear about the chipped corner problem, it's sure common enough. Please PM me and give me your name and address, I've got a repair scheme I'm working on I'd like you to try out for me if you feel like it?

TIA

Frankly, I don't think this issue should've ever made it to the ballet box, but it did. So be it...now we deal with it. JMO

Actually it didn't. It never was on any ballot. It was a law passed by all the Democrats as so often happens. IMO agenda driven, it would never pass in an election so those who want it anyway use other means in another 'end justifies the means' game.

Wanna guess where the Leticritter who proposed it came from?

OF

Last edited:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
way off topic, should probly be moved but I'll bite.....

San Francisco I love ya, yeah its wierd to some. Didn't Gay Bikers with Aids get weed legalized? Why should I look down on them? Or kids that may have started this way?

But I belive little kids can actually handel this stuff better than adults.

When I was a kid in some places there was terrible racial stuff going on, but when I would turn on Sesame Street they would always talk about getting along and being nice to each other and show black and white kids playing together.

I agree on some points here. Kids are much better at adapting to novel situations than adults, generally speaking. In such cases as co-ed restrooms in schools, there will no doubt take some getting used to; both by the school teachers and administrators, and the kids. There will of course be teasing and bullying and the like. Parents especially will hand down stereotypical prejudices and comfort zone choices to their kids who will pass that along to their classmates. My opinion at this juncture of a new frontier tells me this: Keep restrooms gender-separate in the school setting, all grades...college too. Public restrooms used by adults may or may not offer the co-ed option; choose one or the other or both, whatever makes you comfortable. Adults, with whatever predilection, should make that choice for the kids they are accompanying. Frankly, I don't think this issue should've ever made it to the ballet box, but it did. So be it...now we deal with it. JMO

GSH

On a Möbius plane

OF
To be honest nothing surprises me anymore...it's political correctness gone mad IMO!

Same over here in the UK, we have all sorts of interesting laws and rules that have been brought in to "protect" certain people and their feelings, but as you say, all the while this is happening, no thought is given to the other people it may offend by making such laws and rules!

I am just going to vape on and hope that someday the powers that be will wake up and start to realise what a mess they are making of the world...

On a happier note, SOLO TIME! :D

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
Do any of you know any transgender people? I do, i have a friend that used to be Marty but is now Mary-made up names. Mary says she knew even as a child that she was in the wrong body. Marty got married -had kids and worked as a sports writer, but always felt she was in the wrong body. Mary is still a sports writer for a Big Huge National Sports organization. Marty transitioned to Mary. I didn't know Marty, met her after the transition.

Genetics are tricky and who's to say that things like what sex a person becomes doesn't get screwed up and the brain is hardwired as a female or a male but their body does not match what their brain is telling them they are.

There are countless numbers of children born with ambiguous genitals every year and they have to be tested to determine what sex they really are. Chromosomes don't always spilt the way they are supposed to split.

I'm not going to argue about bathrooms, i'm just happy to find one with a door that locks and has TP ;)

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Same over here in the UK, we have all sorts of interesting laws and rules that have been brought in to "protect" certain people and their feelings, but as you say, all the while this is happening, no thought is given to the other people it may offend by making such laws and rules!
I'm not sure about the UK, but laws and rights that protect certain people and their feelings might be a bit different over here in the United States. Women's rights as well as blacks' rights would have never passed the ballot if they showed up... looking back it seems like an obvious fuck-up to not have given them rights, don't you think?

Interracial-Marriage-Gay-Marriage-Equality.jpeg

dscn1433_large.JPG

prop-8-guy.jpg

That is more likely to happen if there are doors on those stalls.....or stalls in the first place? AFAIK those left long ago. Although I admit I don't hang around school rest rooms, they were gone from the Public High School I attended long ago.
Stalls are still there? How would someone poop? With two walls on either side but no door? Unless you meant stalls to be single-person restrooms like those unisex ones?

GSH

On a Möbius plane
I'm not sure about the UK, but laws and rights that protect certain people and their feelings might be a bit different over here in the United States. Women's rights as well as blacks' rights would have never passed the ballot if they showed up... looking back it seems like an obvious fuck-up to not have given them rights, don't you think?
Agreed.

Now let's all get back to the topic at hand...getting some serious vaping sessions in :)

Last edited:

Interracial-Marriage-Gay-Marriage-Equality.jpeg

dscn1433_large.JPG

prop-8-guy.jpg

Stalls are still there? How would someone poop? With two walls on either side but no door? Unless you meant stalls to be single-person restrooms like those unisex ones?
To be honest things have realy gone to shit ever since women started voting. And how about giving them drivers licenses? That backfired too,it's carnage out on the roads now! My Wife actualy hit our neighbor while he was on a lawn mower...in his shed! Were drugs involved? Probably,but that's not the point,was it? Who are you people,and how do you know my language?
6519e1dc0ce9bf7221eeacae3ec22dda_zps64ebdde5.jpg

OF

No. In the stop smoking in the rest room battle the doors went first, then the stall walls. Honestly. Ironically the only stall walls were in the locker rooms. Like I said, it was a long time back, I hope it's no longer the case. In the day the district backed the move over parent's objections.

But it seems such levels of privacy are not givens. And the published policy calls for co-ed showers on demand? I get that some (few) kids are uncomfortable now, but making them feel better is going to make others feel less so. Taking things from others for your benefit is a cause for concern I think. We have kids committing suicide over bullying.....this is not likely to really help there even a little bit IMO.

A very slippery slope. Why can't I hang out in the woman's restroom under the same very broad rules?

But yes, my public High School had no stall doors or walls in the restrooms. True story.

OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
You know, @OF, the way I see it yes some/most people who come out as trans will be bullied. That's probably why the vast vast majority of them don't even really start to "come out" or transition until they're out. But it gives them the comfort of being "accepted" even if they get bullied. Coed showers I'm not sure about... because, again, unlike the school you went to, the showers were only used for after football games/soccer games/etc for the teams. We've always had the doors on the stalls, as well. That's not the case with public restrooms at the beach, though. I don't think people would start going over to the other shower out of fear of public humiliation (which again would probably contribute to transitioning at a later age.) I think if ya wanna go to the other bathroom, your ID should say you're female. As of now, in CA, if you want to do that, you'd need:

... a letter signed by a physician saying that you have undergone “clinically appropriate treatment” for gender transition.

which makes sense. Of course there's bound to be people trying to game the system, there always are. It was a hell of a time trying to find a doctor that believed me (seriously over a decade) and I wasn't given a damn thing to help my pain until year 13 or so of me complaining, more than likely because of the fear of people gaming doctors and them losing their licenses. I don't even know what the fuck I'm rambling about now, I'm stoned if you can't tell...

Though, I will say this... the HS I went to was one of those fancy-pants "California Distinguished Schools" with what I now realize were incredibly lax rules. Our dresscode was narrowed down to obvious (too revealing/gang related/etc), and I've seen with my own two eyes an original picture of the principal and two of the teachers in their college years crowded around a rather large bong... so my experiences might be a bit different than yours :lol:

OF

You know, @OF, the way I see it yes some/most people who come out as trans will be bullied.

Funny (if that's really the right word), I wasn't thinking of those who elect to 'come out', I see that as a choice they make (one can argue why we think 10 YOs can make this choice of course when we deny them so many others). I was thinking of the other 99%, some of which are having serious troubles with their own more mundane gender identity issues. Puberty has too many challenges for some now, this will further destabilize the world for them I think.

I'm not filled with confidence by the 'need a note from the Doctor' part. I think it's fair to assume it will devolve to what we see in the MMJ 'card mills' now? I don't think the idea sells well for parents, IMO the only votes that count here. And I don't think the repercussions on the 'straights' are given due concern.

Nor do I think it will stop at any point on the slippery slope for long. What is 'crazy talk' today will become common tomorrow. We just had a mother put her 11 YO daughter on a street corner for a couple hours holding the 'I disgraced my family....' sign. Seem she was copying Hanna Montana's little 'twerking' bit at her (grade school) dance....... Eleven.

A week or two back, seven teachers came out in defense of a child molester fellow teacher. That too boggles my mind. Who can defend such a threat to the very children they're charged with protecting and nurturing? IMO some of the village are off script when it comes to child raising.

I also understand my views are just that, no better or worse than the next guys. I make no claim to right or wrong, only honesty. I don't think it's the kind of thing we should be forcing off on others just to feel better. I don't have a dog in this fight, but think parents have just lost a lot of important control of the environment their children live in. That makes me sad.

Dirty Harry was right, some will pay for others I think.

OF

OF,
Reactions: GSH

Hexi

Funny (if that's really the right word), I wasn't thinking of those who elect to 'come out', I see that as a choice they make (one can argue why we think 10 YOs can make this choice of course when we deny them so many others). I was thinking of the other 99%, some of which are having serious troubles with their own more mundane gender identity issues. Puberty has too many challenges for some now, this will further destabilize the world for them I think.

I'm not filled with confidence by the 'need a note from the Doctor' part. I think it's fair to assume it will devolve to what we see in the MMJ 'card mills' now? I don't think the idea sells well for parents, IMO the only votes that count here. And I don't think the repercussions on the 'straights' are given due concern.

Nor do I think it will stop at any point on the slippery slope for long. What is 'crazy talk' today will become common tomorrow. We just had a mother put her 11 YO daughter on a street corner for a couple hours holding the 'I disgraced my family....' sign. Seem she was copying Hanna Montana's little 'twerking' bit at her (grade school) dance....... Eleven.

A week or two back, seven teachers came out in defense of a child molester fellow teacher. That too boggles my mind. Who can defend such a threat to the very children they're charged with protecting and nurturing? IMO some of the village are off script when it comes to child raising.

I also understand my views are just that, no better or worse than the next guys. I make no claim to right or wrong, only honesty. I don't think it's the kind of thing we should be forcing off on others just to feel better. I don't have a dog in this fight, but think parents have just lost a lot of important control of the environment their children live in. That makes me sad.

Dirty Harry was right, some will pay for others I think.

OF

Well I used to work with kids way back in the old days. In general, parents are like everyone else, most of them are selfish and stupid. Also being parents, they tend to be irrationally protective of their own kids.

Every parent I know has mentioned how special their kids are to me. The ones who want smart kids brag about how smart their kids are. The dumber parents like to brag how attractive their kids are or how well they can dance... ugh.

Then main thing with trans is the understanding that gender is different than visible sexual organs.

I work in big corporate, and we have a very big LBGT community, but trans people are a super-minority. Like lets say 3% of my office is LBG out. Trans out? maybe 0.00000003% if that.

That's why it's easy to complain about trans rights, because 99.9999% of the time there are no trans people there to chime in on the discussion.

Back to my days working with kids, thinking back, we probably had a few kids struggling with their gender identities and a much larger number dealing with their sexuality issues. But back then gender or sexual preference was just never even discussed with the kids or their parents. We ran a pretty smooth operation so we didn't have the bullying and drama and violence a lot of places have... but in general we ignored any gender/sexuality issues with the kids that did not need to be reported.

In other words, if a kid did something sexual or was behaving in a way that indicated abuse, we reported it immediately to the social worker on premises.

However if a kid was obviously LBG and having trouble dealing with it, we all just pretended it wasn't happening. Easy enough for us, the majority to do that. But what about that 1 trans kid? or the 4 LBG kids in the group? No one cared and everyone just pretended it wasn't an issue.

Top Bottom