Noob with concentrates, need a portable vape

Expanded

Hey all
I've been using the prefilled carts but theyre not exactly a cost effective option for me at $60-70/.5g, so I'm looking to get into concentrates.
What are the best options for oil wax and shatter for around $100 ? Smaller, stealthy electronic vape ideally. That I can preload, carry in my pocket, and get a quick hit when needed.
Do I need to spend more than that to get something efficient, fairly bulletproof and with easy maintenance? Those are my biggest concern along with odor/stealth for when I need to medicate at work.

Last edited:
Expanded,
Reactions: LesPlenty

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Divine Tribe sells some very nice attys and they aren't expensive... since you are now a member give a look at the @divinetribe signature for better prices.

For quick hits my favourite is the discontinued Hercule, maybe you can still find a second hand unit or maybe a shop get one in stock. Be sure to get the 510 version to attach it to a mod.

It looks like there is a brand called Longmada which release some nice products for concentrates (Motar,...)

There is many others brands around but most of them don't come at the quality level of the Sai/DT/Hercule at my knowledge when speaking about convenience.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have been using my Headbanger the most for a portable,
https://www.vaporl.com/airistech-headbanger-kit-1500mah.html
img_20200207_145826-jpg.16135

CalyxSmokr

I love my Sai taf ti bucket. It is bullet proof. Small learning curve. Over 100 but less than 200

CalyxSmokr,
Reactions: Expanded

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Postage times can vary...a lot, up to 4 weeks to get to Oz...worth the wait. It uses fritted quartz as the atomizer that does need swapping occasionally but the new coils are about $2ea,
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000310973877.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.50ef3c002IM8jj&mp=1
Out of all my portable concentrate devices, the HB is by far the easiest to live with(use and reloading), second would be the Lonmada Motar, then the rest.:2c:
Plus the HB can be used as a nectar collector with the dab coil fitted,
img_20191025_154618-jpg.14036
img_20191028_180236-jpg.14169

LesPlenty,
Reactions: shredder

Expanded

I have a noob question
Can I just dissolve some wax into vg or pg and then fill a cartridge with that? Does that work?

Expanded,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I read that it's pretty harsh when using the cup?
Only gets harsh if you let the atomiser get empty and you up the temperature to get more vapor, but you are only burning reclaim by then. My way is to swap out a cup at the first sign that vapor is dropping off, put in another dab and the cup is good for 4 or 5 puffs again.:2c:
As for the thinning down of concentrates to make it work in a device is asking for trouble, been a fair bit of coverage on the problems that can arise from that type of vaping.

CalyxSmokr

Postage times can vary...a lot, up to 4 weeks to get to Oz...worth the wait. It uses fritted quartz as the atomizer that does need swapping occasionally but the new coils are about $2ea,
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000310973877.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.50ef3c002IM8jj&mp=1
Out of all my portable concentrate devices, the HB is by far the easiest to live with(use and reloading), second would be the Lonmada Motar, then the rest.:2c:
Plus the HB can be used as a nectar collector with the dab coil fitted,
img_20191025_154618-jpg.14036
I'm sorry if you addressed this...do you know how it compares to sai TAF ti? I mean I know I would not choose it over it but is it easier to pocket and maybe lighter than say a pico? I will prob get one eventually but wonder if I need one now
You say swap cups. Are they reusable till they break?

I have a noob question
Can I just dissolve some wax into vg or pg and then fill a cartridge with that? Does that work?
Yikes no. Well it works in a way but yuk taste and honestly g anything kills my buzz

CalyxSmokr,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
is it easier to pocket and maybe lighter than say a pico?

The Headbanger is the lightest and as you can see the longest (coolest) airpath due to the glass mouthpiece that has chambers for vapor to pass over (they say it is a water tool but only a tool would believe that)
The coils do break or wear out but I have only broken 1x dip tip due to trying to clean it. Here is a picture of my current dip tip, I always puff then dip to keep the quartz filled, this tip has seen about a gram of rosin,
img_20191211_144927-jpg.15193

Still just looks loaded ready to go...and it is.
I also like the pre-filled dab coils as the magnetic enclosure holds 2x coils(I leave this part in my pocket to make the vape even more concealable) ready to go plus 1 already in the device,
img_20200207_145826-jpg.16135

Edit, coils are about $2 each

Expanded

Les have you tried any of the other airistech wax portables like the quasar or qtip or qute?

And how efficient would you say the headbanger is compared to using a typical torch and dab straw?

Expanded

Nevermind on that first question I found some post on the quasar in that other thread you linked me to. Thanks again

LesPlenty

Company Rep
how efficient would you say the headbanger is compared to using a typical torch
I never torched much, PID controller on my Dap gear, that said I belive it is quite efficient as a little seems to go quite far. I can definitely use a lot more when traditional dapping compared to using the Headbanger.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Expanded
Top Bottom