next generation e-nails?

farscaper

so the dabpad has been bumped to being called the dabpad jr... (maybe it was always the jr.?) but I noticed that their site said improvements this month... wonder if they have a digi unit coming out...

im curious how this works out cause im thinking this is the direction im going.... ceramic nail sounds fun!

farscaper,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Don't buy the smart dab, I'm using the d-nail and loving it.
Any reason not to buy the Smart Dabb or are you just enjoying your Dnail so you're recommending that?

I ask because I have a Smart-Dabb and a DIY enail that is basically the same as a Dnail. I've also used a Dnail and can't find any reason to recommend one over the other. The Smart-Dabb does include 18mm and 14mm male and female adapters and is only $350. I'm not taking anything away from the Dnail, but am just curious why you would specifically say do not get the Smart-Dabb?

jeffzorz

Because there's better options for cheaper prices. Also the smart dabb you cant switch out the stock nail which is garbage. I believe you can get an analog d-nail for 200 right now which is a steal. Also there's a group on Facebook called e-nails only, bunch of custom digis for sale for about 300 on there

jeffzorz,

Deadshort480

Because there's better options for cheaper prices. Also the smart dabb you cant switch out the stock nail which is garbage. I believe you can get an analog d-nail for 200 right now which is a steal. Also there's a group on Facebook called e-nails only, bunch of custom digis for sale for about 300 on there
The stock nail of the Smart-Dabb is garbage? Why is it garbage? Care to elaborate? What makes these other options better in your opinion?

Aaron

so the dabpad has been bumped to being called the dabpad jr... (maybe it was always the jr.?) but I noticed that their site said improvements this month... wonder if they have a digi unit coming out...

im curious how this works out cause im thinking this is the direction im going.... ceramic nail sounds fun!

I think it was always called the dabpad jr but they're actually planning on releasing another digital unit in the future. Just not too sure when. You should contact Darid directly for details.

sFPKPV8.jpg
some other analog e-nails!

farscaper

I think it was always called the dabpad jr but they're actually planning on releasing another digital unit in the future. Just not too sure when. You should contact Darid directly for details.
I will when I have the money... im gonna part way with a little more glass towards an enail.

just cant today. :disgust:

farscaper,

Caligula

Maximus
No but my local MMJ collective got some in and posted up on IG. Shit, they even have one made out of a GameCube (NFS sadly).

Basically everything (nail, cords, etc) stows away inside the case when not in use and as you can see the power module is contained within the Pelican case and is accessed via the side panel.

Waiting to hear on price.

farscaper

No but my local MMJ collective got some in and posted up on IG. Shit, they even have one made out of a GameCube (NFS sadly).

Basically everything (nail, cords, etc) stows away inside the case when not in use and as you can see the power module is contained within the Pelican case and is accessed via the side panel.

Waiting to hear on price.
totally defeats its own purpose with the electronics being on the outside doesnt it? id rather have one that is self contained... I can see routing the main power through the side... but that would still remove all the water proofness...

great idea! but I think it needs to go the one step further so I can stash my gordo recycler in there with the enail!

the domeless site that carries the dab pad has diy parts.... I may have to just diy one... idk.

farscaper,
Reactions: Caligula

Deadshort480

You can turn just about any hollow housing into a DIY enail housing. The Pelican case is a grand idea. Unfortunately, that idea seems to be executed rather poorly. At least in my eyes. In this manner it simply seems to be an enail with a bit of storage capacity.

farscaper

I kind of like the idea of being able to just pack it up and go like that though.
I agree that stand alone an enail would be excellent like this set up.... but I think it defeats the purpose of using a pelican case if the electronics are on the outside where they can be impacted or get wet.... which is why I will likely put any enail I get in a pelican.... with room for a rig :tup:

farscaper,
Reactions: Caligula

Deadshort480

Okay, here's my thing with Enails. They are an excellent idea and they work, but as of right now they are in a very rudimentary stage. I equate current Enail technology to the early days of vaporizers consisting of a hot plate and a glass globe. There are enail producers that try different things like fancy housings, different types of nails, the addition of ceramic discs, or the addition of what appears to be a fritted filter in the above video. These are all nice advances, but the basic technology remains the same. It's a heater transferring the heat to another surface that you fry your oil on.

Personally, I believe that using our higher tech vaporizers such as the Nano or Evo for convection vaping is a far superior method and truly are the next generation of Enails.

I do enjoy using a variety of methods to consume my oils though. The Evo, the LSV, the Gnome, my Healthstones, the Smart-Dabb, the DIY enail that my buddy made me, any number of vape pens, or a good old fashioned torch, nail, and dome. I don't discriminate. :rockon:

Deadshort480

no doubt!

to clarify was speaking to quality.

i see them being offered @ 275$ shipped.

just wondering about any information someone using

one might want to add, pros & cons. thanks.
That's what's I'm saying. The quality of all these Enails are all pretty much the same and differ slightly in regards to the electronics housing and the actual coil. Some coils are superior to others as far as life expectancy. As far as I know, the electronics may also differ slightly as far as how close to the target temperature they can keep the coil. For the most part, they are all pretty much the same.

Top Bottom