1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

NewVape FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by natural farmer, Nov 17, 2016.

1. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

It reminds me of crop circles!

2. emmdeemo

emmdeemo Never ever, bloody anything, ever.

Hey. If anyone can be bothered, I'd love to see videos of who can get the least amount of water in their FC186 and still have it work :)

I may even give a non-prize of a non-rabbit to the winner. Irrelevant bonus points for fine grind and no blow back :)

Justpassedu, steama and psychonaut like this.
  3. Tuck

Tuck Well-Known Member

For oil and the showerhead, what's a recommended temperature, using the controller from NewVape? my sweet spot for flowers is 640F. Do I need the double weave screen to do the convection dab or can I get by without?

If I got a SIC, what temperature would I use with the controller from NewVape?

Justpassedu and steama like this.
  4. steama

steama Well-Known Member

I only have a shower head so I can share with you how I do convection dabs with that.

First you need at least two double weave screens (3 is better). Heated concentrate just runs through single layer screens so they won't work. Next preheat your bowl so the screens get warmed (I run at 700F). Take a BB sized dab of concentrate and smear it across the screen. You can add another BB if you like. Then what I like to do is take a few light pulls to melt the concentrate into the screen. Then take your draw(s) how you like. Once you feel that the dabs are completely toasted take the bottom screen and see if you have a little of the good stuff left (you will). Put the bottom screen on top and get a few more draws.

:cool:

5. NewVape420

NewVape420 Company Rep

6. buddingglasshead

buddingglasshead Active Member

Also would be great for CBD Isolate. Next time I get some CBD Isolate I was planning on getting the shovel. :tup:

Seems like a little bit too much effort for me. I really enjoy having it on top of flower but understand flavor chasers would definitely disagree. Here's to waiting for a solution to convection dabbing made by @NewVape710 so we can spend more money.

Edit: ORDER SHIPPED HERE WE GO!

Justpassedu and muunch like this.
  7. Danksta

Danksta Well-Known Member

I love the 2650 that was included with my order. Two scoops with that is usually a nice hit. :D :tup:

8. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

Thanks Edwyn! You should post it on your Site.

Yep, the 2650 will come next!

9. Shooby

Shooby Addicted to Flavor!

Thats why I LOVE NEWVAPE. They listen and respond with an answer. Keep it up!

I have never used the 2650 for Flowers scooping. I got it for 5/6 Star Full Melt Hash which i was only able to use once. Full melt has been harder to get lately for a decent price.

Gonna have to try it out for flowers tonight! I just ordered my new Rev.3 stand and some other shit. Wasnt planning on ordering anything but i really like this new stand! Love you for making it! Hate you for spending my money!

10. NewVape710

NewVape710 Seeking Higher Ground Manufacturer

I've never used the 2650 for flower either but It may be the perfect .05G measuring tool. I'll check capacity tonight.

Prolusio, Joaon, Hogni and 6 others like this.
  11. Danksta

Danksta Well-Known Member

I think it's the perfect size for fine grind. Anything bigger is too much IMO. I can always go back for another scoop versus removing the flower from the bowl.

Justpassedu, steama, Shrike and 2 others like this.
  12. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Smearing concentrate on a hot screen is too much effort? That's a good one. :D

13. Justpassedu

Justpassedu Well-Known Member

I got the 2774 and fucken love that thing. I been using it for filling , kief and now cbd crystals that i ordered several weeks ago to try out. That 2650 looks like it would make a great companion.

invertedisdead and steama like this.
  14. steama

steama Well-Known Member

I picked up the Titanium Dabber Shovel (2560) when I purchased the Ti cap upgrade. It's a perfect kief/micro hit tool also when it is the handle on your Ti carb cap the shovel stays cool to the touch so it is easy to grab.

I also have the pax loading tool (2774) but I use the Titanium Dabber Shovel (2560) about 90% more.

:myday:

15. Square4Life

Square4Life Well-Known Member

Is there a 'minimalist' stand? I want it to be heavy and sturdy but I don't really need anything other than a heavy base and a threaded spot in the middle for the 'HOT' peg.

Justpassedu, btka and steama like this.
  16. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Why not just buy the base and a hot post? If you don't put anything else on the tray that would be minimalist for sure. The base itself is very cool looking...like crop circles as @invertedisdead pointed out.

:nod:

Justpassedu and invertedisdead like this.
  17. PandaLee

PandaLee New Member

when I first bought all my FP parts back in September, I bought the little V stand to place my coil with pot on. Was cheap and minimalist, has worked like a charm...doesn't come close to tipping over and out of the way. I don't see it on their site anymore but there's similar versions out there I think

Justpassedu likes this.
  18. buddingglasshead

Not very minimalist to have a bunch of unused holes everywhere. :p

I'm not a minimalist at all. Can't wait to fill that sucker up!

I bought one as well. Mine had tipped over but only because I was being lazy. I was very happy to upgrade to the rev 2 stand and ecstatic to upgrade to the rev3 as it fits my wants exactly.

19. muunch

muunch hotboxing the cockpit

Rev1 w 2 HOT posts is pretty nice. Not gonna buy any other head-holders or whatever you wanna call em. (In fact I plan to sell the concentrate tray when I sell my OGFP coming up here in a few weeks...)

It's just annoying trying to find a convenient spot to stick the new carb cap. I use the long spatula dabber in the vertical position. Trying to lay it down kinda sucks, can get oil stuck on the dabber everywhere. In vertical position it makes a mess of all the reclaim on the bottom of the cap. idk

20. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Rev1 is very nice indeed.

Rev1 is a perfect for storing my 'non-essential essentials' that will help me clear desk space. I can't wait for the new stand because it is so well thought out for the Flower Pot. It is obviously a more comfortable stand.

I want to thank @NewVape710 for giving us early adopters an easy pathway to upgrade >>> thank you.

21. Square4Life

Because it takes up more space? lol

I do have the current base and hot post btw. Bought the whole setup from NV.

In all seriousness...

I do not use the debowler at all...ever.
    I do not store/dump/keep any material, fresh or used, in the tray.
    I do not need a spot for the shower cap. (Don't use it that often. No access to concentrates and IMO the SH is perfect without it)

I guess I could use a hole for the shovel but even that isn't necessary.

Please don't mistake this post as a complaint. I'm very happy with all of the NV FP stuff...just seeing if there is a 'less' option.

If NV doesn't offer this anymore, and someone has one they are willing to part with because they don't use it, please let me know. :)

22. buddingglasshead

You do have the option of making your own if you are a bit handy.

Click to play YouTube Video

Maybe a wooden bowl or something similar and then use this?

Prolusio, GreenHopper, Hogni and 3 others like this.
  23. NewVape710

NewVape710 Seeking Higher Ground Manufacturer

You are quite welcome @steama . So much for last night's spending freeze. I'm thrilled to have you as a customer. @Stu deserves credit / blame for this rev 3 stand. His napkin sketch was very inspiring. I think we can agree this stand will be a work in progress always open for enhancements.

GreenHopper, Hogni, Stu and 4 others like this.
  24. Square4Life

Thank you! I am handy although I like the machined metal and I'm not handy at machining metal.

25. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Ask if @NewVape710 still has any of those smaller button stands. Small round thick aluminum stand that was not too stable but that many liked.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors