Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

PoopMachine

Need some advice. I REALLY want this piece, I think it would pair great with the FP.
Only thing is it doesn't come in 18mm. Would anyone else consider this a deal breaker? I was hoping to go with 18mm to keep everything wide open, but it only comes in 14mm.

Does anyone have experience with both 18mm and 14mm and prefer one over the other?

rBVaI1mAIvSAHjRIAAIZyAu4ou0670.jpg

I have that piece. Really nice. I switched back to my Mobius 60T tho and I prefer that. One is 18, one is 14 and the Mobius has a bigger can. I have one of the dual SOL perc pieces coming that I believe will end up replacing the Mobius.

ParanoidAndroid998

I have that piece. Really nice. I switched back to my Mobius 60T tho and I prefer that. One is 18, one is 14 and the Mobius has a bigger can. I have one of the dual SOL perc pieces coming that I believe will end up replacing the Mobius.
I'm considering the dual SOL one as well..
Just wondering if it will feel too big for a daily use piece. You don't find the Mobius too big?

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Anyone in here got any of the Grav Labs Helix type pieces that they can pair up with the FP? That thing intrigues me greatly.

Also, I think I have a new NV package arriving tomorrow! Hurrah! ;) And I may or may not be sending away my coil to be looked at for potential wooden handle ideas, not sure if thats going to become a thing or not yet. We'll see. I'll give more details when there are any to give :)

ParanoidAndroid998

Anyone in here got any of the Grav Labs Helix type pieces that they can pair up with the FP? That thing intrigues me greatly.

Also, I think I have a new NV package arriving tomorrow! Hurrah! ;) And I may or may not be sending away my coil to be looked at for potential wooden handle ideas, not sure if thats going to become a thing or not yet. We'll see. I'll give more details when there are any to give :)
Wooden handle wood be awesome. I'm not a fan of the hemp wrapped one.

PoopMachine

Just wondering if it will feel too big for a daily use piece. You don't find the Mobius too big?

Not really. It is kind of big but its very stable and thats one thing the 14mm piece isnt. You can see it kind of wobble when you put the SH on it. Blowing on it wrong would probably cause it to tip over.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Bro water pipe size is going to be 100% dependent on your personal preferences. I see you trying to find the perfect pipe but it's not the kind of thing you will know is for you until you can try it. I regularly switch back and forth between various sized pieces.

Not really. It is kind of big but its very stable and thats one thing the 14mm piece isnt. You can see it kind of wobble when you put the SH on it. Blowing on it wrong would probably cause it to tip over.

Do you have the 9" or the 7" CCG SOL piece? I have the 9" and that's not my experience at all, it's got a super thick base on it and I have never, ever gotten close to tipping it over with my Showerhead. Very stable.

ParanoidAndroid998

Bro water pipe size is going to be 100% dependent on your personal preferences. I see you trying to find the perfect pipe but it's not the kind of thing you will know is for you until you can try it. I regularly switch back and forth between various sized pieces.

Do you have the 9" or the 7" CCG SOL piece? I have the 9" and that's not my experience at all, it's got a super thick base on it and I have never, ever gotten close to tipping it over with my Showerhead. Very stable.

I'm sorry if my posts are bothering you, but it is helping me.

@invertedisdead What's your favorite piece to use?

Also considering this piece. 18mm and extra long neck.
https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/thick-glass-water-pipes-oil-rigs-glass-bongs/241640278.html

rBVaHVVrF2GAVxOXAAF4ECsmq9o147.jpg

ParanoidAndroid998

Personally my preference is for small cans and low diffusion. I do not like filling my lungs full of air before the vapor reaches my lungs and I prefer low diffusion because high diffusion glass kill the vapor flavor imo.

:2c:
Any preference over 14mm or 18mm? Forgive me if i've asked you already.

ParanoidAndroid998,
Reactions: steama

ParanoidAndroid998

18mm glass usually has greater air-flow than the 14mm pieces
Just had a thought.. Wouldn't airflow depend more on the width of the down stem under the bowl?
Cause a lot of these 18mm pieces I've been considering get a little more narrow directly under the bowl. So might not make much of a difference. Although the double SOL and FC-186 have nice thick downstems.

ParanoidAndroid998,
Reactions: steama

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm sorry if my posts are bothering you, but it is helping me.

@invertedisdead What's your favorite piece to use?

Also considering this piece. 18mm and extra long neck.
https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/thick-glass-water-pipes-oil-rigs-glass-bongs/241640278.html

rBVaHVVrF2GAVxOXAAF4ECsmq9o147.jpg

You're not bothering me at all friend, everyone in this thread is great and the vibes are soaring again. I just don't want you to get your hopes up if after all your research you end up with something you still aren't happy with.

Thanks again, thats the second or third time you've been able to reply to my glass/FP pairing request :)

Looked a bit like hard work, like its way too big a piece for the job. Do you like the pairing?

And yeah to what @steama just said. Hence me still not being drawn away from the D020 unless it ticks all my boxes :)

It's all subjective, it does take more work to start firing, but the vapor is also cooler from all that displacement, which helps when my lungs are bothering me. I got some small lungs though, definitely not swimmers lungs. Sometimes it's easier on my lungs to do a bigger snap out of the beaker than to hit a smaller tube multiple times. But overall no I don't love this piece, I've actually plugged the air inlets recently with reclaim to disable the venturi effect. My buddy who gave me the Helix broke the original downstem, the one I'm using is just something I had laying around, realistically a good bit less water could be used with a proper length downstem. Overall though I prefer stemless pieces. Not really a fan of using the Showerhead on a 45 degree angle as it causes dabs to pool though.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
It's all subjective, it does take more work to start firing, but the vapor is also cooler from all that displacement, which helps when my lungs are bothering me. I got some small lungs though, definitely not swimmers lungs. Sometimes it's easier on my lungs to do a bigger snap out of the beaker than to hit a smaller tube multiple times. But overall no I don't love this piece, I've actually plugged the air inlets recently with reclaim to disable the venturi effect. My buddy who gave me the Helix broke the original downstem, the one I'm using is just something I had laying around, realistically a good bit less water could be used with a proper length downstem. Overall though I prefer stemless pieces. Not really a fan of using the Showerhead on a 45 degree angle as it causes dabs to pool though.

Exactly the type of feedback I was after. Thanks.

ParanoidAndroid998

Of course, you need to examine every water piece design for the features you like or do not like. There is no steadfast rule that you can count on every time, as you pointed out for example, some 18mm's have a smallish stem and some will. Still, it is more likely an 18mm rig will have greater air-flow.

These are the kinds of things to be looking for imo. My bet is the next glass you purchase is going to scratch your itch.

:nod:
Thanks brotha! Very helpful.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
So I've been measuring temps of the SH and Wraparound at the dabbing surface and thought I'd share the results.
sdRVeHR.jpg

Just for you I'll take the same measurements sans coil covers. Can't do it now as I hear the turkey calling my name, but I'll get it done sooner or later. ;)

:peace:

Beautiful.

How are you going about getting the temps? An average of different parts of the dish or something else...? Just wondering because the temp is different in different parts of the dish with the bare wires I've got here.

EmDeemo,
Reactions: Stu

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
Of course, you need to examine every water piece design for the features you like or do not like. There is no steadfast rule that you can count on every time, as you pointed out for example, some 18mm's have a smallish stem and some will. Still, it is more likely an 18mm rig will have greater air-flow.

These are the kinds of things to be looking for imo. My bet is the next glass you purchase is going to really scratch your itch.

:nod:

Just one thing to add to the glass size and style selection discussion:

Take ANY of your FlowerPot bowls and turn them over so you can see the "exit hole" that the vapor will jet through on its way into your glass piece taper. Now, grab any piece with a 14mm glass fitting, and compare the center hole size of that taper with the FlowerPot bowl exit hole. Which is bigger?

I have over 40 pipes currently, and I have not yet run into a 14mm piece that has any problem keeping up with an uncapped ShowerHead. I believe the above paragraph explains why! ;)

P.S. This is currently my favorite all-around FlowerPot rig. It's not the only piece I use, it's just one of my very favorite "no-brainer quick grabs off the shelf" for volume, handling, weight, aesthetics, and ease of draw. Seed of life sandblasted with forest green accents. CCG - about $40 if I recall correctly. The pipe is 10" high, and has a 65mm can. It has a good simple slitted drum percolator that doesn't rob much flavor and has almost zero draw restriction if water is filled properly. Ohhh... I almost forgot... it's 14mm! :D

https://www.dhgate.com/product/ccg-2017-new-arrival-new-bongs-glass-incycler/397527241.html

fLGiEus.jpg

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
P.S. This is currently my favorite all-around FlowerPot rig. It's not the only piece I use, it's just one of my very favorite "no-brainer quick grabs off the shelf" for volume, handling, weight, aesthetics, and ease of draw. Seed of life sandblasted with forest green accents. CCG - about $40 if I recall correctly. The pipe is 10" high, and has a 65mm can. It has a good simple slitted drum percolator that doesn't rob much flavor and has almost zero draw restriction if water is filled properly. Ohhh... I almost forgot... it's 14mm! :D

https://www.dhgate.com/product/ccg-2017-new-arrival-new-bongs-glass-incycler/397527241.html

fLGiEus.jpg

Tasty, tasty, very very tasty. Thats very tasty.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
@Stu id like to see readings with and with out the coil cover.
At a set temp of 650°F the temperature with the coil cover for the SH and Wraparound measured at 477° and 516° respectively. Sans cover, the temp measured 440° and 490° respectively. I didn't check the other temps because I'm lazy, but I'd expect the differences to be similar at other temps as well.

:peace:

Top Bottom