New YLLVape On-Demand Vape

kokolokokolokon

@tgvp
Halogen heating can be good for a session vaporizer. But for an on demand vape it is inefficient and slow.
I dont know how a heating element can be boring…i dont know why any material can be boring 🤣
The tinymighty has a heating spiral as heating element and works great. A lot of devices use a metal heating element.
And the halogen tech ok vapes is not new. The apollo venus is a 8 years old device or so 🤣

The aerolite will be convection, not conduction.

floribud

I think we can throw out this Halogen discussion. YLLVape went for Mighty with Angus. Halogen made sense there. But this new vape is aimed at the TinyMight. And why not the Mighty is the most popular session vape (not counting the Pax as a real vape) and it's price is way above what YLL needs to make a profit.

The TinyMight is a super popular and arguably the best mass-produced on-demand vape. Also like the Mighty they price is WAY up there. Plenty of room for an engineer with good design chops and access to low cost labor, to build a similar device for much cheaper. My question is that I hope they've done their homework on the Lamart Tetra heater as well as the Tiny Might. The Tetra's ability to convect evenly is amazing. Tiny Might and even older RBT stuff alway hotspotedd and required stiring for optimization. Of course the Tetra's weekness is the way it abosultely kills batteries. So there's quite a bit of room for YLL to work in this space, both in terms of cost and optimization of the heater.

I'm kind of expecting something awesome at this point. I'm definitely more interested in this than the Lobo, and while I'm hopeful for S&B, S&B hasn't really hasn't come out with a new product since 2016, so I'm not really expecting anything really new and innovative this fall from them.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Tinymight has had the crown now for a long while. Fantastic vape, not much that could be improved on performance wise. Perhaps the flavour is tad better on the Angus and Tetra X.

However the price excludes some people, and others have said its fragile. I have to admit I stear toward using my OG TM rather than my 2, as its already beaten up, and I don't really care too much about it.

Produce a TM clone, that's half the price, a bit more sturdy, same performance, you would be on to an absolute winner.

Some healthy competition is always good for the consumer.

kokolokokolokon

My question is that I hope they've done their homework on the Lamart Tetra heater as well as the Tiny Might. The Tetra's ability to convect evenly is amazing. Tiny Might and even older RBT stuff alway hotspotedd and required stiring for optimization. Of course the Tetra's weekness is the way it abosultely kills batteries. So there's quite a bit of room for YLL to work in this space, both in terms of cost and optimization of the heater.
i dont think they made a lot of homework about the tetra, (or maybe they did, but this vape seem to follow the path of the tinymight, but with different heater).
I hope they optimize it too! The stirring, the fragility and the battery draining. And they make a smaller diameter stem than tm to give us the chance to use other things like stems.

But i want to be patience and not create expectations. Waiting for the prototype first info.

Produce a TM clone, that's half the price, a bit more sturdy, same performance, you would be on to an absolute winner.

Some healthy competition is always good for the consumer.
I would prefer to see optimizations and improvements instead a simple clone :D but totally agree about the healthy competition

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
IF the Aerolite is a noticeable upgrade in over all performance from the current crop of low to mid priced convection on demand vapes with the expected higher price for a higher quality unit it would be a winner IMO. A few glass accessories like cooling stem options for native use and a wpa would be a bonus.

When YLLvape introduced the Angus they received more than their share of negative comments regarding their standards and materials used in the air path. A lesson I'm sure not lost on them. Looking forward to seeing what YLLvape has up their sleeve this time around.

The Tiny Might, P80 etc extraction ceiling is a high one to reach, but if they were able to achieve it at a affordable price it would shake the very foundation of hard hitting, portable convection vapes. Good luck my friend.

kokolokokolokon

When YLLvape introduced the Angus they received more than their share of negative comments regarding their standards and materials used in the air path. A lesson I'm sure not lost on them. Looking forward to seeing what YLLvape has up their sleeve this time around.
A lesson should not to be lost on this community too. Because it was an abuse, even if the mouthpiece needed a change (a change they did), the people kept complaining a lot about standards and keep request a lot of proofs i didn´t see in other threads.... And not only here, on private messages and instagram...
The main reason mike isn´t in this forum anymore and i post info.

.The Tiny Might, P80 etc extraction ceiling is a high one to reach, but if they were able to achieve it at a affordable price it would shake the very foundation of hard hitting, portable convection vapes. Good luck my friend.
Would be great for the market to get that perfomance on a lower price range than tm or p80 :rockon: even if it isnt in a low price, more like a mid range as the angus (200$/€)

Sounds good but I hope it doesn’t have the ‘TM’ price tag 😞
I hope it too :D I don´t thing it reach the price of the tm, or, at least, the tm2 :lol:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
A lesson should not to be lost on this community too. Because it was an abuse, even if the mouthpiece needed a change (a change they did), the people kept complaining a lot about standards and keep request a lot of proofs i didn´t see in other threads...
I disagree with this completely. There were real problems with the quality control on the Angus. Mike made improvements due to extreme failures. Still you can see problems with the Angus. Several people have wet batteries from improperly cured wood in the current generation.

I have chosen to mostly keep quiet about the Angus because I have been shouted down by fans and people with a vested interest in selling the vape.

What you are presenting is an extremely inaccurate picture of what happened. I'm glad that you can beta test for YLL, but you should not take anything he says at face value.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
A lesson should not to be lost on this community too. Because it was an abuse, even if the mouthpiece needed a change (a change they did), the people kept complaining a lot about standards and keep request a lot of proofs i didn´t see in other threads.... And not only here, on private messages and instagram...
The main reason mike isn´t in this forum anymore and i post info.
Well said. Writing "received more than their share of negative comments" was just a polite way of saying there are a small number of individuals on this forum who champion there preferred developers and 'hate on' anyone who might be a threat to them. Plenty of examples to draw from. Rather unproductive behavior IMO and only sows discord amongst the members.

Thanks for the continued updates! Looking forward to any news on both the Aerolite and Angus 2.

Razhumikin

I disagree with this completely. There were real problems with the quality control on the Angus. Mike made improvements due to extreme failures. Still you can see problems with the Angus. Several people have wet batteries from improperly cured wood in the current generation.

I have chosen to mostly keep quiet about the Angus because I have been shouted down by fans and people with a vested interest in selling the vape.

What you are presenting is an extremely inaccurate picture of what happened. I'm glad that you can beta test for YLL, but you should not take anything he says at face value.
In total agreement with you, and as such entirely suspect of this new vape. Id be more than happy to be proven wrong, but seeing as many people on the angus thread are still reporting problems with build quality and device failure that is not related to user error, im not holding my breath on this one.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah just because it's being brought up, I think that is an inaccurate generalization as well, simply discrediting the opinion of plenty members here (and ignoring history of other threads where manufacturers products were treated the same way) so of course going to respond, really would have loved nothing more than for the Angus to be enjoyable for me honestly, however I don't expect much of this unit either now since that experience...

Piecho

That is important comment for new people here, thank you for bringing that in. Do you have any knowledge how was the company approach when comes to the failing devices? There was no issue with claiming cashback if failure was not from users fault?

Piecho,
Reactions: seedy53

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
That is important comment for new people here, thank you for bringing that in. Do you have any knowledge how was the company approach when comes to the failing devices? There was no issue with claiming cashback if failure was not from users fault?
As far as I can tell YLL has always replaced faulty devices quickly. I don't know if anyone has asked for their money back.

kokolokokolokon

@Grass Yes @Shit Snacks @Razhumikin
I apologize if you feel attacked, I have read many constructive comments of yours in many threads and you provide a lot to the community.
But the thread of the angus already seemed to me a dirty well since long before testing betas of yllvapes. And you just have to reread it to realize the treatment of the community was not good.

I have read other threads in which problems have been discussed (even not problems, just accusations), I do not deny that there are others like this, but few. As outside of this forum I can read problems with other vapes in which there is not so much discussion here.

And, in case of testing a beta, I will be the first to say 1000 failures to the creator so that it comes out as well as possible.

That said, I will continue to inform you how this project is progressing. Anyone who wants can be interested.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I apologize if you feel attacked, I have read many constructive comments of yours in many threads and you provide a lot to the community.
I did not feel attacked. I saw that you mischaracterized the discussion on the other thread and felt I should correct that here.

Mike can easily join the discussion here if he wants to. Many vendors opt out, but he has not received even close to the harshest criticism here. Really just look at the TM thread or the RBT threads.

I think the whole thing is off-topic for this thread. I would be happy to give YLL vapes another chance, but please don't come here to rewrite history.

Adobewan

I must've been one of the lucky ones. I use my Angus daily and still love it. I dropped it,(completely my fault) it stopped heating, and Mike replaced it free of charge with a few days.
I hope we all have the same good luck with this new unit as I've had with my Angus'.

SolidAirrr

Anyone heard or read any news on Aerolite?
Btw, wonder if yll is gonna go with that name as I've seen it's used with an e-cigarette apparently.

SolidAirrr,

kokolokokolokon

Anyone heard or read any news on Aerolite?
Btw, wonder if yll is gonna go with that name as I've seen it's used with an e-cigarette apparently.
Yllvapes is working on it. Before the aerolite he has to release the new verision of the angus :D

Can you send me in private the vape with that name pls? To tell Yllvapes 👍

kokolokokolokon,

cannasoor

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but rather than the AeroLite (sp?), I see a new product on the YLL website called the "Angud DT", a desktop vape. (I assume that should really be "Angus DT", with an "s" … but who knows?)

Anyway, there is just a picture, of the vape and a controller box with cords—you can access it via the home page by clicking twice on the arrow to the right (or presumably by "swiping right" on "devices", or whatever the kids are doing these days :myday:.)

There is a "Click Me" button, but it doesn't go anywhere valid; nor does a search for "Angud DT"/"Angud"/"Angus DT" turn up anything …
BUT …

… the searches show a list of products on the left, with a count of numbers of relevant pages (presumably total pages on the site, not just relevant to the search). Anyway, the Angus and the IH are both listed and have positive page counts … but both the Aerolite and Angus DT are also listed, but with a zero for the page count.

Anyway, I was not aware of the DT model at all, just looking for info on the Aerolite, when I came across this.

Does anybody here know anything about it? Is there a thread for it?
[All these threads are hard to search for on FC because "YLL" is too short … .]

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

cannasoor,

Pukka

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but rather than the AeroLite (sp?), I see a new product on the YLL website called the "Angud DT", a desktop vape. (I assume that should really be "Angus DT", with an "s" … but who knows?)

Anyway, there is just a picture, of the vape and a controller box with cords—you can access it via the home page by clicking twice on the arrow to the right (or presumably by "swiping right" on "devices", or whatever the kids are doing these days :myday:.)

There is a "Click Me" button, but it doesn't go anywhere valid; nor does a search for "Angud DT"/"Angud"/"Angus DT" turn up anything …
BUT …

… the searches show a list of products on the left, with a count of numbers of relevant pages (presumably total pages on the site, not just relevant to the search). Anyway, the Angus and the IH are both listed and have positive page counts … but both the Aerolite and Angus DT are also listed, but with a zero for the page count.

Anyway, I was not aware of the DT model at all, just looking for info on the Aerolite, when I came across this.

Does anybody here know anything about it? Is there a thread for it?
[All these threads are hard to search for on FC because "YLL" is too short … .]

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!
AFAIK it went back to the drawing board for some redesign work.

Top Bottom