NEW YEARS VAPE Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHED7

im kinda tight on cash so i was looking a two quality vapes
the vapolution vs Da Buddha
OR
save for the ssv(highly unlikely since i go through cash like nothing in college)

I want to use it in my dorm so which of these are better and makes less noise and smell?

Also can u make the hole smaller on da buddha so its like the ssv

SHED7,

number54

I would definitely pick Da Buddha over the vapolution, but if you can save a bit more you should look at the V-Tower as I think that is a better unit and it is only $199 (not much more expensive than Da Buddah). Especially if your friends are going to be using it you will never have to deal with herb flying through and catching fire on the heater or even dropping the wand and breaking it as a lot of first timers do. The digital temperature readout comes in handy and the glass is great on the unit. For $30 more than Da Buddha you can't go wrong.

number54,

bongoman

I know if I don't say it, someone else will - but Shed, you should definitely add the Purple Days to your list.

It's within your budget, is as stealthy as they come, and super efficient.

There's a thread here with a lot of info on the Purple Days.

bongoman,

CapnVape

I've owned all three units that you mentioned, and I would definately go with the DB over the Vapo, unless portability is a major concern for you(then go Purple Days).

The extra money for the SSV isn't going to get you any major improvements in funtion over the DB, they both will rock your socks right off your feet.

CapnVape,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Shed7, Out of the two that you recommend, I would def go with Da Buddha, and like a previous poster said, there is negligible difference between the DBV and the SSV. Since you are around the $150 price point, two that you didn?t point out that I think you should look into are the PD and the VRIPtech VHW.

If you require some stealthiness, the PD is a great choice and very efficient as well. Actually, while the PD isn?t the workhorse in my vaporizer collection, it does bat clean up during the evenings and would recommend it as a complimentary vaporizer to whatever it is that you choose to get. But if I could own only one vaporizer, it would be?.the VRIPtech VHW.

If you want massive, clean vapor hits, the VHW would be right up your alley. VRIPtech is currently having a special for the product launch and for $150, you will get the VHW and a specialized lower intake that can slide into any water pipe (preferably glass) and you are ready to go. While the materials used in the DBV, PD, SSV are all safe for vaporizing, I still prefer an all glass set up whenever possible. Also, the VHW mimics the ritual of hitting a bong that we are all familiar with and something that I very much prefer over a bag, or sucking through a hose (I own bad and whip based vaporizers as well).

Whatever you decide, DBV, PD, or VHW, you can?t go wrong sticking with these. Check out the other threads, I know the PD thread has convinced many a vaporist to purchase one. The VHW thread will give you a good understanding of how the VHW works, and there are plenty of SSV/DBV threads to read as well. Good luck!

stonemonkey55,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
you cant really do a vs when it comes to the pd, its just unique

the pd is great efficiencywise, i can get high for a month off an eighth from the pd
its also great because it will complement any other vape purchase you make, the pd is awesome at smaller quanitities, and will boil the herb practically dry
other vapes arent as efficient because their bowls are way larger, you get dome smashing hits, but at the cost of the efficiency and flavor, the pd has a small bowl, the herb is heated thoroughly, no need for stirring, when it stops making vapor pack a fresh bowl. the larger units, you pack a bowl, and the first couple hits are tasty, then the rest are bland to popcorn tasting, the pd gives you fresh hits more often

now stealth, the pd is fucking awesome at stealth, the reason for this is that it looks like it could be a $15-20 electric aromatherapy diffuser. my house is decidedly not 420 friendly, i leave the pd in my room just sitting out, it doesnt even get a second glance from parents, i crumble some incense in the aromatherapy bowl and my room smells much nicer than if i had burned said incense as well

Acolyte of Zinglon,

max

Out to lunch
For a dorm room, I'd get the PD. It's got the others beat for stealth. Now if you want bigger hits, aren't worried about explaining to the authorities WTF a whip is, and can afford to go through more herb, the DBV is a great buy in that price range. Seems like you'd want stealth for a dorm though.

can u make a vtower to an extreame?
If you want to do bags just buy the Extreme. I seriously doubt you can buy what you need separately and come out any cheaper.

max,

SHED7

i just want something that will f-me up and doesnt smell to bad
with a place that could sell me it with a different name that comes up on credit card and discrete packaging
purple days vs da buddha
is there any purple days videos?

SHED7,

Honey Bear

I just looked up a youtube demonstration of the V-Tower:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxQU_6KMr08

Looks like a great piece of equipment!
I am not sure, other than aesthetics, what the advantage of the DB or GG SSV would be over this set, if anything. If anything, the spill-proof setup of the V-Tower would be advantageous, and I bet you could buy use 7th Floor add-ons (Ice chamber, etc.) with this too.
If you want the SSV standard setup, then it's a different story, and the PD is a different story as well.
So many good options!
I feel as if all of the choices being looked at would be excellent for a dorm room, though PD would probably be the best stealth-wise.

Honey Bear,

HoneyAir

I bought the cheapest vaporizer I could as my first vape. It was a box vape, with a whip...

I really love to keep the smell down, I don't like to create odor... so I was disappointed when I realized that a whip vape was a lot more smelly than the pipe I had been smoking with (with my pipe, I used a cover and would always cover the hole after smoking, so thats why I was able to keep the smell down so well).

Worse, sometimes when I'd walk around people they'd smell it on me, even though my vaporizer wasnt anywhere near me.

When my glass whip broke, I bought the PD because this is an item that could last me my whole lifetime, to the point I could even pass it on to future generations. Its virtually unbreakable.

I was happy to find out that I was able to keep the smell as stealthy as I used to with my pipe... no one notices any funny smells anymore, especially on me when I'm done vaporizing.

Nutshell?

Your dorm room REQUIRES the PD.

Be sure to have plenty of incense or aromatherapy oils so that if anyone ever asks, you can immediately show them what a nice aromatherapy unit it is.

-----------------------------------------------------

Why would I buy a SSV/Da Buddha/etc?

If I wanted to use it for party situations, and if I had plenty of herb supply and I wasn't on a budget in regards to the cost of herb. Da Buddha/SSV/etc allows you to get the fullest rips of vapor you wish... but of course that method uses up herb quickly.
The PD forces the air through a tiny space (so the inhale draw can feel limited the first time you use it) but it makes your herb last much, much longer.

HoneyAir,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Dude, you're in college. You're in a dorm. You have no money. Get a PD. Trust me, if you get a vaporizer and like it, you're gonna get a PD as well anyhow. Might as well start off with the cheapest, stealthiest, most efficient unit out there. Get a PD.

stickstones,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
not to downplay the pd but I don't see how it would be anymore stealthy in a dorm room than any other vape. It's not like the people go thru your room looking for paraphernalia and you are pretty much behind closed doors. I would say it looks more incospicous and is more efficient but that would be more of a determining factor to purchase it over stealthiness. I support the recommendation for the pd but I think other factors should be weighted more heavily

stonemonkey55,

alucard

Stonemonkey55, do you believe that the PD is more efficient than the VHW? Even with Schwag?

alucard,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
i would say, hit for hit, the PD is the most efficient vape on the market. I prefer to use it to supplement my high after I use the VHW...

stonemonkey55,

alucard

I'm surprised that you've found the PD to be more efficient, even with low grade. I had assumed that because the PD wasn't made with low quality in mind, the VHW would be more efficient with its variable temperature. Considering SHED7 is low on money, it's probably best for him to go with the most efficient solution.

alucard,

SHED7

does the purple days have a bong attachment like purp days?
cause i got a roor at my friends rv and well prob wanna get some use there

SHED7,

greenganja

The PD does come with three tubes and a copper aromatherapy bowl. However, with simple food grade tubing you could probably make a bong attachment. If you go to the Purple Days web site, there is a page that lists the specifications and the outside diameter measurement of the vapor stem.

Following text was copied from the Purple Days faq section of the PD website (http://purple-days.com/FAQ.html)

Can I attach tubing to a Purple-Days?
Yes, the Vapor Stem is 1/2" outside diameter and is cool to the touch, so add food grade
tubing and any other devices you like from there.

greenganja,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
stonemonkey55 said:
not to downplay the pd but I don't see how it would be anymore stealthy in a dorm room than any other vape. It's not like the people go thru your room looking for paraphernalia and you are pretty much behind closed doors. I would say it looks more incospicous and is more efficient but that would be more of a determining factor to purchase it over stealthiness. I support the recommendation for the pd but I think other factors should be weighted more heavily
I think we are saying the same thing and getting into semantics. When it comes to vaporizing in your home, stealth, imo, is achieved by having something that can sit out in the open and not draw attention. The PD accomplishes this by being inconspicuous, as you've said. No home vaporizer is stealthy if you are hitting it when someone is watching.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
not to downplay the pd but I don't see how it would be anymore stealthy in a dorm room than any other vape. It's not like the people go thru your room looking for paraphernalia
Depending on the college and the situation that can and does happen. Let's just say stealth would be my priority (although it's obviously not shed7's). Theft can also be an issue in a communal envirionment, and an aromatherapy diffuser would be less of a target than an obvious vaporizer.

max,

HoneyAir

The clear difference in STEALTH that I can see...

SMELL.

With my old vape I had to box the whip up in plastic tupperware in order to seal out the smell... otherwise I could definitely smell it anytime I returned to the room. I don't want people entering and saying, "Hey.. whats that?"

With the PD I've not had to take measures to prevent any smells... even with a half vaporized bowl sitting in a tube. Not to say there aren't any smells at all, but its far easier to control.

HoneyAir,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I have never had any problems with my whip or other vaporizers being overly pungent but I do clean my stuff quite often which might be the reason why there isn't any residue that could smell. If you plan on keeping the vape out in the open, then definitely the PD is the choice to make. I tend to put all my stuff away after I use it, whether it's my vaporizer, whip, or waterpipe and it hasn't been my habit to leave it out (except for the PD which sits on my nighstand). I dunno, maybe I'm just different but I remember when I used to smoke in my dorm, I would just put a towel under the gap of the front door, smoke, then put my stuff away...anyways, I'm rambling on here, get the PD, you will be happy!

stonemonkey55,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom