New to Vaporizers

ChillyAcademic

Hello, I am new to the world of vaporizers. I really want to try it, but I do not know which one to get. Doing some research, I have decided that a portable vaporizer would suit my needs. I like the designs of pen style vaporizers. However I read some of them actually combust. I do not want to combust the herb. I still like the design of the pen style vaporizers though. I would be using it for dry herb, not oils. I also read some of them are rebranding of the Atmos Raw, which from what I know combusts the herb. I imagine the rebrandings would combust the herb as well.
So, what would you recommend for me?
Thank you for your time.

ChillyAcademic,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Hello, I am new to the world of vaporizers. I really want to try it, but I do not know which one to get. Doing some research, I have decided that a portable vaporizer would suit my needs. I like the designs of pen style vaporizers. However I read some of them actually combust. I do not want to combust the herb. I still like the design of the pen style vaporizers though. I would be using it for dry herb, not oils. I also read some of them are rebranding of the Atmos Raw, which from what I know combusts the herb. I imagine the rebrandings would combust the herb as well.
Thank you for your time.

Check out the firewood. I think it's a really good introductory vape.

VaporEyes,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The Firewood, from what I have seen and heard, is a primitive work in progress, not something I would recommend for a first vape at all. Portable vapes have trade-offs and learning curves that desk top units do not. Each portable has different trade-offs that, depending on your lifestyle, may or may not appeal to you. Really the only quantifier you have put in is "it must be a pen style, for herb not oil, with no risk of combustion" so with that in mind I would start reading the Pinnacle and Inhalater threads. Good luck and welcome to FC . . . :)

ChillyAcademic

The Firewood, from what I have seen and heard, is a primitive work in progress, not something I would recommend for a first vape at all. Portable vapes have trade-offs and learning curves that desk top units do not. Each portable has trade-offs that, depending on your lifestyle, may or may not appeal to you. Really the only quantifier you have put in is "it must be a pen style, for herb not oil, and not combust" so with that in mind I would start reading the Pinnacle and Inhalater threads. Good luck and welcome to FC :)
Thanks for the information! It doesn't really have to be pen style as long as it's portable, although pen style is preferred.
Again, thanks. :)

ChillyAcademic,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
The Firewood, from what I have seen and heard, is a primitive work in progress, not something I would recommend for a first vape at all. Portable vapes have trade-offs and learning curves that desk top units do not. Each portable has trade-offs that, depending on your lifestyle, may or may not appeal to you. Really the only quantifier you have put in is "it must be a pen style, for herb not oil, and not combust" so with that in mind I would start reading the Pinnacle and Inhalater threads. Good luck and welcome to FC :)

Primitive? A tad extreme to say, don't you think? Please, don't judge it by it's look and "lack" of functions.

VaporEyes,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Primitive? A tad extreme to say, don't you think? Please, don't judge it by it's look and "lack" of functions.
I'm not. I'm judging it by its NiMh technology, old, and the fact that its a metal wire heating a test tube utilizing draw speed to regulate temperature, imho, primitive . . . Look, SliM likes this thing and when the new parts come out and some videos get made, we will see. But for me, from what I have seen so far, I would pass for now, especially for a first vape.

t-dub,
Reactions: Kief

FrogBoy138

Basically with what little info you have given us about your needs that's about what your going to get. But if you don't need a pin style and you don't need stealth many here would say get a Solo. If your going to need a stealth vaporizer that's going to cost you either money or quality of vapors. Get the Solo if you want a quality workhorse portable vaporizer for a good price.

OO

Technical Skeptical
There are two main styles. Those with temperature control, and those with heat input control. Those with heat input control are harder to learn, but many who use them find them to be much more rewarding.

Max makes a comparison between driving a manual versus an automatic, and in some respects it's a good analogy, as those with heat control require more input from the driver, like a manual.

OO,

ehakim

Thank you for your time.

Arizer solo.

ehakim,
Reactions: Kief

max

Out to lunch
I also read some of them are rebranding of the Atmos Raw
Rebrand of a rebrand? :lol:

t-dub said:
I would start reading the Pinnacle and Inhalater threads.
Your best bet is to look at these and others designed from the ground up for herb use, and not some e-cig conversion. The big threads in Portables (tons of posts) are big for a good reason.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I just Don't know of any pen vape thats really made for dry Flowers , it always seems to be an after thought add on . Finding a dedicated Herb vape would probably make for a better experiance for a first vaporizer I think . If you do what max suggested and take a little time, there are some great portables out now that IMO that are much better for flowers then any pen style [I've really wanted to find one because I too like the size and form for stealth but I'm still waiting on one to get good reviews for dry herb Vapin'.]
Good Luck .

RUDE BOY,

ChillyAcademic

Thank you all for helping me out! I am most certainly going to read through some portable varpozier topics. Also, if some of you more information out of me to suggest accurately, just ask me. :)
Thank you all!

ChillyAcademic,

Kevdog420

OMMP Patient
Best portables out there for herb (just some to start with) - Solo (probably the best), Pax, persei with hercules, pinnacle, vaporblunt, minivap(very expensive).

If you use concentrates look into these pen style vapes - Microvaped(ruvaped.com), Omicron (all models - v2, o-phos, persei), gpen, sticky wax burner.

Don't get an atmos raw, I've heard so many bad things about them.

Keep in mind I do not have any of these vapes, but I have used a lot of them, the solo is probably the best as far as functionality goes, its as good as my settop herbalaire but it is portable.

Kevdog420,

Kevdog420

OMMP Patient
Yeah man no prob!

Just remember in the vaporizer world, looks aren't everything, and buying a vape just for the looks is a sure way to leave you dissapointed. Pen style vapes are sleek and sexy - trust me I bought one for this reason. But what I've found out is performance is everything, vaporizers like the solo may look a little clunky but they are popular for a reason. Just do your research, there is all sorts of good stuff out there.

chinaboy

Still learning this thing called Cannabis
I have a Pax and it's extremely portable, sleek, and convenient but it is a bit pricy and it's a conduction style vape, so it's not as efficient as some.

chinaboy,
Thank you for your time.
Based on my limited experience I would avoid the pen style vapes. Get started with a MFLB and take it from there.

Kevdog420

OMMP Patient
Based on my limited experience I would avoid the pen style vapes. Get started with a MFLB and take it from there.
I would disagree with you here - MFLB's are entry level, but the fact is they are just that. Almost everyone I know on this thread who started with an MFLB graduated onto a different vaporizer including myself. While the MFLB is somewhat inexpensive, for an extra $50 you could get something that completely blows it out of the water. Get an MFLB you will be happy for a couple months, get a solo or something that isn't entry level and you will be happy with it for years.

Oh and btw I don't even own a solo, or any of the other vapes i suggested, But i've tried them, and thats all i needed to decide that they are 100 times better than an MFLB for a small price increase. IMO MFLB's are a waste of money.

Kevdog420,
Reactions: t-dub

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
The Magic Flight is really sorta kinda like one of the greatest things since color tv or the microwave oven IMHO . It will grow on you , now with the new batteries its a bad ass little block of wood if you add a power adaptor it moves it into a whole new league. Alot of people do use a launch box as a daily driver and aren't looking for anything else . Its simple ,works great ,frugal with herb and the Launch Box and PA have a lifetime warranty . There is a 800+ page Magic Flight Launch box thread on FC for a good reason . The MFLB :tup::tup: It Fuckin' Rocks .

Top Bottom