New to vaping -Legitimate portable options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinsane

Hey all,

Noob here on the forum but have been reading a lot of the threads lately.

I will admit up front, I am completely new to the vapor world, but have long been intrigued by the idea of it. I am looking to buy a new vaporizer for myself and have found after reading several, very long threads, I am no further ahead (and perhaps even more confused than when I had began.)
I will also say that I am very fussy, I have a habit of over researching every single item I purchase to the point where it is a problem.

That being said here are my desired features:

Price - Not too much of an issue, I have money to spend if need be but would prefer not to dish out top line dollars unless I am %101 sold on that particular model.

Delivery System - I will mostly be smoking on my own, but would like to be able to use the vaporizer in occasional social setting without having to reload the bowl every other second. I'd say that I'd prefer a whip over a bag.

Efficiency - Probably somewhere in between. I have herbs, but that doesn't mean I want to piss it away.

Manufacturer - Y'all know more than I do about this one.

Stealth - I want a portable as I move around and travel often, but as far as "stealth" is concerned I don't care.

Learning Curve - I'm a smart cat, I'll figure it out eventually.

Temperature Control - Fancy features are always nice, but at the end of the day as long as it gets the job done, I'm happy.

Temperature of Vapor - If I wanted to continue burning the shit out of my throat, I'd stick with my Journey Pipe.

Battery Life - Id prefer batteries over butane. I also do a lot of camping etc so I don't want to have to worry about the thing dying on me after 1 or 2 uses, and I don't want to have to carry around 50 spare batteries.

Bowl Size - I'd prefer something that doesn't have to be reloaded after a couple hits.

Ease of Cleaning - Nobody likes a dirty unit.

Availability - Ships to Canada, and is preferably already available.

Outside of that I would like something that actually vaporizes my herb (aka not the AtmosRaw from what I've read) and something that wont leach a bunch of filthy chemicals into my body.
I am also uninterested in the MFLB because that battery situation makes baby Jesus cry.

Prior to my discovery of FC I was close to pulling the trigger on a Vapor Blunt, but it seems to have some very mixed reviews here so now I am unsure.

That is all I can think of, hopefully it's not too long.

Thank you for your assistance, it is a pleasure to be a new member in what seems to be a very passionate and informed community.

Cheers,

Vinsane

Vinsane,

VapeVoice

IMO the Solo would be great for you. Easy to use, good quality materials, big hits, and temp control. The only problem I see is that you go camping and don't want it to die after a couple uses and don't want to carry extra batts. In that case you may want to check out the WISPR by Iolite or the original Iolite. They are butane but, you can bring a can with you camping and be all set for your whole trip.

Vinsane

I've read that with the solo the glass stem gets quite loose after a while, how much of an issue is this? Does it affect usability any and does it leak?

Vinsane,

VapeVoice

The stem becomes loose but its never been an issue for me. I don't believe it leaks. It does give me the biggest and most satisfying hits of any portable I have. It's actually the unit that got me hooked on vaping.

VapeVoice,

vape4life

Banned for life
IMHO the stems getting looser is a GOOD thing...just better airflow and easier to manipulate. I hate the super tight stems. Regardless, I always pull up on the stem a couple of mm as to get better airflow. Unless you're sensitive to drag, the Solo kicks absolute ass. The DaVinci is newer but also looking pretty slick.

vape4life,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Honestly, at this point I will chime in for the Da Vinci, it covers most of your bases. It is more stealth than the Solo and easier to use imo but isn't as easy to clean - HOWEVER - you say you want to take it camping. What I think you will need is a second lighter powered vape for camping situations.

The longer I vaporize the more I realise that having a variety of vaporizers allows me to select the best unit for any given situation. For camping, out of the vapes I own, I would take either the VG Coil or the Alivi8. Both can be operated with a normal lighter, are damn tough and produce satisfying vapor.

J.R.R.Tokin',
Reactions: SD_haze

Ravioli

I am petty new to the Vape world as well, I found the Launch-Box to be a very useful, portable, and affordable. I haven't seen anyone complain about it, also lifetime warranty on it even if you break it yourself by accident, they give you a new one. I bought mine from a head shop close by my house but you can buy it online too. Best thing about the warranty is whoever owns the box owns the warranty, because every box has a serial number on it so even if you buy it off someone on ebay you can send it in for repairs or replacement if need be.

Ravioli,

VapeVoice

The launch box isn't even close to the Solo. I own a MFLB and it has its place for being stealth. There are a ton of MFLB faithfuls around that will tell you that its God's gift. That has never been my experience with it. And I personally would never recommend it to a new vapourist.

VapeVoice,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I will fifth the Solo, and add an extra MFLB for good measure. Both can be had for about $270, at their lowest prices.

Two vapes will give you power and convenience you'll need. If you don't like one, you can always sell it.

Personally, after a couple of months with an MFLB, I got a Solo, and stopped using the MFLB.

Ravioli

Is this solo everyone is mentioning the Arizer Solo? if so isn't there issues with the pipe not fitting properly? also if something breaks whats the warranty like on those things?

Ravioli,

VapeVoice

It fits well enough and as mentioned earlier when it loosens it actually helps with airflow because you can move it up off the airholes slightly and get a better draw. Don't really know much about the warranty because I haven't had an issue. From what I have read they seem to be a responsible company and take care of their customers.

VapeVoice,

vape4life

Banned for life
Yeah Arizer Solo, the stems fit fine and it's not an issue. At first it's a tight push but then it's smooth sailing.

Their customer service and warranty kicks ass and is one of the best in the industry. They impress me much like Planet Vape. I love my Solo, even though it's in transit to Arizer for warranty (clicking). VERY fast turnaround, but I live pretty close to them.

If you don't mind some drag in your pulls, you will love this little bad boy.

vape4life,

Vinsane

Thanks everyone for your input.

Although the DaVinci does look intriguing, I don't think its a product that's designed to fit my needs, as it seems to be more of a stealth unit.
Right now I am leaning towards the Solo, but have a couple more questions first.

How do you guys store and transport your Solo?
And is it worthwhile buying the 4 hole stems and or the screens?

Edit - I have never looked into the lighter powered vaporizers, they seem like a pretty good idea, I'll have to do a little more research on those.

Perhaps a Solo, and one of those would be a good combination for my needs.

Vinsane,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
How do you guys store and transport your Solo?
And is it worthwhile buying the 4 hole stems and or the screens?

They usually come with the 4 hole screens. I would hold on buying any more though - a bunch of better and cool stems are being made now like wooden ones from Ed and optimized ones from planetvape.ca.

The stems are a little pain, because they are glass and you can't just thrown them in your pocket. But a small plastic tube can hold them well.

All you will need is 1 stem (can be prepacked and capped) in a plastic tube, and the Solo. And any other extra refills you'll need. That would also make the ingredients for a fun-filled day :tup:

sessnet,

Vinsane

Ah right on, I'll have to wait a little bit for that then.

After much thought and consideration I have decided to purchase an Arizer Solo, and the Glass Sherlock VaporGenie. I think the combination of these two products will adequately cover all of my current needs.
Thanks everyone for your input, I would have mindfucked myself without all of your help.

Vinsane,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom