New Titanium Concentrate Utensil Company - TiMed Tools

JayMaker

Manufacturer
I have seen other ti nails that fit snugly inside gog before. The reason you don't see many designed that way is because they tend to crack glass due to thermal expansion.

This was my primary concern with the tapered fit design as well Mrboote!
Im happy to hear this feedback , because we weren't sure if the tapered fit would be making it to product stage...
now im pretty sure It probably will just be one for the shop :)

The trick to making a Titanium Domeless nail fit a female Ground glass joint is all in the dimensions.. If they mate together and are a really tight fit there is too much thermal exchange potentially going to happen, and the two parts might even bind together when heated. What we do is lathe down the male side of the titanium , so there is a gap that you make so the glass and TI do not touch.

However this design will not be available to the public, it would look bad to sell a product which could potentially damage peoples glassware.
(even though i am a glass worker too, i staunchly don't support breaking peoples glass)

JayMaker,
Reactions: gvape

gvape

You should make a stand too. Never seem to have enough dabbers. I love how my vapenwisers came in a kit. Dabber, Stand, Nail, all in one. You should think about packaging this way, as well as the stand. Nothing worse then a dabber running away and getting dust on it.

What are you looking to price your domeless nails at? I'm more interested in ordering a Ti Utensil, but cant hurt for another nail.

*EDIT* I tend to use an adapter or some sort with my nails even if its not needed. I just dont want to damage my joint and end up with a broken piece. Id rather break an adapter and replace that. Even if it is ugly to have the extra piece on.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Just ordered mine, primary for using it as a vape tool. I have my Ti nail, but no clean concentrates to drop
I tend to use an adapter or some sort with my nails even if its not needed. I just dont want to damage my joint and end up with a broken piece. Id rather break an adapter and replace that. Even if it is ugly to have the extra piece on.

I figured out my Ti nail conterweight was blocking the airflow that way, so I use it directly, I checked the glass with my ir thermometer, if you stay away from the glass, aiming the middle top of the nail with the torch straight, the glass don't go more than 70°C in my experiments, it's an adjustable nail so I set it far from the glass, without compromising its stability.

Roger D,

JayMaker

Manufacturer
I love the idea of a package kit! We're going to be working on stands next week.
The nails will be going for under $100.. Will be offering them to the FC community for $80 with more photos and videos soon!

You should make a stand too. Never seem to have enough dabbers. I love how my vapenwisers came in a kit. Dabber, Stand, Nail, all in one. You should think about packaging this way, as well as the stand. Nothing worse then a dabber running away and getting dust on it.

What are you looking to price your domeless nails at? I'm more interested in ordering a Ti Utensil, but cant hurt for another nail.

*EDIT* I tend to use an adapter or some sort with my nails even if its not needed. I just dont want to damage my joint and end up with a broken piece. Id rather break an adapter and replace that. Even if it is ugly to have the extra piece on.

JayMaker,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Look forward to seeing the stands/kit your going to come up with.

Not in the market for another nail (domeless or not) myself, but I'm sure the potential for a following is probably there. In fact, I anticipate not using any nails in the future as I just received my Sublimator :D

smokum,
Reactions: Tweek

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Received it this morning :)

That's a great little tool ! First, I scribed allover some glass jars lol, the point tip is very fine and the microscopic end kind of gets out of shape when you use it at the first time, you have to reset it straight rolling it on some glass surface. After that I dabbed some ethanol extracts with it, (I kept my nail at a low temp to avoid burning fat and waxes, (whole oil, clean but non treated), that was a good experience), I used the point side, just putting it on the nail, it drips it very clean, crap stay on the dabber makes it more tasty than my previous experiences. Then I torched the tip and my nail.

2ba3.jpg

After the torching the Ti point wasn't scribing, so I just turned it around on some glass corner to sharpen it and it works back. It doesn't want to scribe on my bottle of beer tho.

It feels really good to handle and it's so easy to clean, all comes off after a little torch.

If I'm the first to figure this out I may be dangerous lol. You can turn this tool to deadly weapon. Taking it under your thumb, pressing it on the joint of your index finger, point forward, (you get a very tight grip, the flat side don't touch you, its getting out so you can't hurt you).

7maq.jpg

Roger D,
Reactions: smokum

JayMaker

Manufacturer
Received it this morning :)

2ba3.jpg

I love this photo!

Even better because u put it on etsy as well! i was to happy when i saw that photo!

So ive been working on making more Ti Nails and the stands are in the works as well. Recently have been getting a lot more orders in glass so its been eating up all my time\

Its quite a fun tool/weapon and im really glad everyone is enjoying their Ti Dabbers!

Ill be posting up new content soon though guys!
also check me out on Instagram TimedTools

JayMaker

Manufacturer
Hey guys if your planning on using my etsy i just started a summer sale of %15 off!
use coupon code PENNYSALE001 at the check out.

Upcoming news is We're planning on doing a FC contest soon, involving a photo of a box full of pipes and a guessing game. The 1st prize is going to be 1 Free TiMed dabber, 2nd and 3rd prize will be free stickers(i will pay shipping).

Thanks every one for supporting our small family business.

smokum

Wish I was in the market for another nail to support ya, but I've moved on from that game with other toys.

smokum,

smokum

Ya, don't know what happened to JayMaker.... links have been dead for a while now :(

smokum,
Reactions: ogcook
Top Bottom