New and choosing my tools...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HazyDayz

Hi All.

I was fortunate enough to stumble across this site a few days ago while researching vaporizers and been on here 24/7 since reading up on the many, many available! I'm new to this and could do with peoples thoughts on my upcoming purchases if thats ok. I want to cover all bases but want to make sure I dont buy the wrong vape or spend needlessly on two that do the same job.

I used to smoke but decided to stop a while ago because of chest problems and wanting to become healthier. Since then I have really missed the medicinal benifits and havn't got on with pharmacy drugs so have decided to start enjoying the benifits again via cooking and vaporizing only.

I need to be fairly stealthy at the moment due to my current living circamstances. I want something for the house and a portable for out and about. After lots of discussion and review reading, and watching loads of vids on youtube I managed to shortlist and now think im just about there. I was seriously considering the EQ and LB but after some thought decided against both. Even though the EQ can be left out no problem without causing suspicion I still have to mess about with connectors, whips etc so dont think it would be ideal for my stealthy workhorse vape, plus i'm not really interested in bags so it's partly wasted. I decided against the LB as firstly I can see myself keep running out of charge, and secondly want something that gives more vapour and from what i've read the LB doesn't really give dense cloud.

I've now gone ahead and ordered the VapMan as my portable. I like the look of the build quality and decent hits you can get from it. Unless I change my mind or someone comes up with a better idea I'm going to get an MZ as my general house vape. Looks great, quick to use and very stealthy. There will be a bit of messing around as I live in the UK and as they dont deliver here i'm hoping to have it sent to a friend in the US as i'm visiting there shortly and will grab it off him. Couldn't go for the PD as there's a 14+ week wait and decided against the WDZ as they're new and MZ have a proven track record. As far as I know they're the only ones of that kind available on the market...? I'm also considering adding one more to the collection in the future if I need bigger hits every so often, but not sure whether i'm going to need it yet? If I do i'm thinking DBV or SSV at the moment?

If anyone's got any other suggestions that I might have missed, or any advise or comments please write. If you got this far thanks for reading and sorry for rambling on.:rolleyes:

Happy Vapeing:)

HazyDayz,

lwien

Yeah. No other suggestions from me. Ya got it pretty well nailed, the way I see it. :)

Oh, one other thing to consider, if you're into a bit of building..........The Pandora Kit (PD).

lwien,

HazyDayz

Yeah. No other suggestions from me. Ya got it pretty well nailed, the way I see it.

Oh, one other thing to consider, if you're into a bit of building..........The Pandora Kit (PD).
Thanks Iwien, that is something to consider.

I dont want to open a can of worms here but would really like to know peoples opinions on whether I should go for the MZ or Pandora kit, taking into account I havn't got lots of time on my hands and not really skilled with this kind of thing. I would maybe make the effort, but there has to be enough difference between these two products to consider this??

HazyDayz,
You will certainly love the MZ. If you aren't at least a capable solderer I think you may have trouble with the pandora.

However, I took a look at that VapMan and did not like it much compared to the LaunchBox.
Here's my opinion (if you want it):2c::

1. VapMan is not all that stealthy since you have to flame it with the torch for a while.
2. Saw no visible vapor to speak of so that comparison is lost.
3. I see no way that it could ever be "one-handed" like many people describe with the LB.
4. Very expensive for something with no electrics/electronics.
5. Pretty high learning curve to get good hits (according to reviews.)
6. Heating up a copper bowl that they describe as likely to "flake off" doesn't make me comfortable (also don't like aluminum in the equation.)

But if you already bought one, this is all kind of moot.
Anything that keeps you from combusting I guess is the idea.:/

Howie Feltersnatch,

HazyDayz

You will certainly love the MZ. If you aren't at least a capable solderer I think you may have trouble with the pandora.

However, I took a look at that VapMan and did not like it much compared to the LaunchBox.
Here's my opinion (if you want it):

1. VapMan is not all that stealthy since you have to flame it with the torch for a while.
2. Saw no visible vapor to speak of so that comparison is lost.
3. I see no way that it could ever be "one-handed" like many people describe with the LB.
4. Very expensive for something with no electrics/electronics.
5. Pretty high learning curve to get good hits (according to reviews.)
6. Heating up a copper bowl that they describe as likely to "flake off" doesn't make me comfortable (also don't like aluminum in the equation.)

But if you already bought one, this is all kind of moot.
Anything that keeps you from combusting I guess is the idea.
Thanks Howie but I did consider all this before making the purchase.

My portable doesn't need to be as stealthy as my home vape, and not having to light it while inhaling means it will be stealthy enough.

Getting decent hits from it was important to me and I have seen the VM deliver this countless times on youtube, havn't seen this using the LB.

Whether I use one or two hands while heating doesn't bother me.

It only cost me 15 ($22) more than the LB would have. Considering the amount of time and precision gone into this I don't think it's over priced compared to the LB whether electrics are use or not.

I'm sure i'll learn how the get the most out of the device.

I havn't heard many people saying that the plated gold will flake off as standard. I believe that this only happens when not used properly and heated too much.

Thanks a lot for your input but I still feel i've made the right purchase on this one. Not doubting the LB is a great portable but the VM is better suited for my needs I think.

As for the Pandora kit. It is tempting, but don't really want to risk not building it 100% correctly if there isn't any performance difference between the two products? Can anyone that owns both comment on any performance difference? Has anyone here made the Pandora kit? How easy is it? I know how to solder but havn't done it in a long time.

EDIT - I've just noticed that they deliver the Pandora kit to the UK, i'm seriously considering this now...

HazyDayz,

HazyDayz

Too late to change my mind now, gone ahead and ordered both my vapes. Gone for the VapMan and PD Pandora Kit. Thanks for suggesting that Iwien, didn't even consider the Pandora as didn't think they offered international delivery. Makes more sense as I dont have to worry about one getting delivered to my friend and picking it up, and actually looking forward to building the thing the more I think about it.:)

I'm confident i've made the right choices and if it wasn't for this place i'm pretty sure I wouldv'e ended up with different vapes, great site!

Peace

HazyDayz,

Beezleb

I think you selected a very good vape for your situation.

We do not have as much info on the Vapman as it is not really that popular of selection these days but it has stood the test of time in Europe and I hope that you will give a review of it. Please let us know how the Pandora works out for you as well. I am sure many of our European friends will be watching.

I love it when people make informed/researched selections, congratulations. My next vape is in this honor!

Beezleb,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Good luck to you and your vaping endeavors. I hope that you are more than satisfied with BOTH of your choices. Be warned though - vaping seems to have a way of making people want to 'collect'. Whether it be more vapes to play with, or glass - you have been warned :)

Good luck!

AGBeer,

SmogTown

AGBeer said:
Be warned though - vaping seems to have a way of making people want to 'collect'. Whether it be more vapes to play with, or glass - you have been warned :)

Good luck!
Those are some words of wisdom there. I started with the vapes, now i'm collecting glass. I think I need help :lol:.

SmogTown,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
+1

Started w/ a single vape, now I'm collecting and now I want glass stuff! It's a sickness I tell ya :D but man, lungs feel GREAT!

Lo,

HazyDayz

I think you selected a very good vape for your situation.

We do not have as much info on the Vapman as it is not really that popular of selection these days but it has stood the test of time in Europe and I hope that you will give a review of it. Please let us know how the Pandora works out for you as well. I am sure many of our European friends will be watching.

I love it when people make informed/researched selections, congratulations. My next vape is in this honor!
I will definately update on how I get on with the Pandora (fingers crossed lol) and write a full review on the VapMan as well.

I learnt the hard way, used to buy a lot of stuff on impulse when a bit of research wouldv'e saved me re-buying.:rolleyes: Enjoy the vape! :D

Thanks everyone, I think I might have that problem as well. Already mulling over which party/heavy hitting vape to get and I havn't even got my first two yet! :lol:

HazyDayz,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
hazydayz...welcome to the forum and good job using it well out of the gate. It's so much easier to help someone when they put in this kind of effort!

Stick around and tell us how you like your new vapes.

stickstones,

HazyDayz

Thanks stickstones. I will certainly stick around and try to contribute something back. :)

HazyDayz,

the electrician

AGBeer said:
vaping seems to have a way of making people want to 'collect'. Whether it be more vapes to play with, or glass - you have been warned
i put this down to the incompetence of many manufacturers out there today. they need to realise this and capitalize on it; build a small hand help vaporiser that comes with two bowls (well designed for once), one 18 the other 14mm. then give the customer a choice of what they want to go with it by offering up the choice of a pipe, a bong, or whatever they can think up. heating elements and whatever need no real work anymore, the bottleneck is the bowl and method of delivery. i really hope the people behind the vapexhale have cottoned on to this, and i think they probably have

the electrician,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom