Netflix "Watch Instantly" what have you seen recently?

sour

This thread is for those that use Netflix's "Watch Instantly" streaming service. Post the movies you liked so other members can add them to their queue.

So i'll start with a movie mentioned by itriplots: "Ben X" [IMDB info] which was pretty good. Touching story of a kid who suffers from autism that escapes his painful reality by playing an mmorpg. He figures out a way to get revenge on his bullies and be reborn in a way. It's in Dutch with English subtitles, after the first 10 minutes I had forgotten it wasn't even in my language because it was really good. Sad movie with an uplifting ending, I rated it 4/5 stars.

thanks for the correct language info Iwien, not sure why I thought it was German :)

sour,

lwien

Thanks, sour. Always on the lookout for movies I've never seen or know nothing about, but are really good. Ben X has just been added to my queue. :)

edit: Just looked it up on RT. They said it's Dutch film, not German. Just an fyi.......

lwien,

bcleez

Really good Watch Instantly movies are hard to come by, I am glad you started this topic.

I really like the movie Glory. It is a great civil war movie with a great cast.

Some other goodies on Watch Instantly:
Carlito's Way
Beetlejuice
Foul Play
Labyrinth
Princess Bride

bcleez,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
My whole family is plowing through Lost together from the beginning. There is no better way to watch TV shows!

Other Instant Queue faves:

Big Lebowski (obviously)
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Pineapple Express
Step Brothers
Extreme Engineering: City in a Pyramid
Food, Inc.
Lisa Lampanelli
Trailer Park Boys: The Movie
Forest Gump
Dhani Tackles the Globe
Jeff Dunham
Hancock
The Matrix series
Wall-E
South Park
Billabong Odyssey
The Endless Summer
Joe Kidd
Dexter
Frank Caliendo
Sinbad: Afros and Bellbottoms
The Taking of Pelham 123

stickstones,

ShatterWulf

I used to watch a ton of netflix instant watch; then my roommate with an xbox360 moved out (he was a dick). I miss it terribly. I would buy one of the roku boxes, but I'm just waiting until they launch instant watch for the wii.

ShatterWulf,

sour

Stickstones, I didn't know The Taking of Pelham 123 is on it, that's an extremely good movie! thanks

sour,

steiner666

Serial vapist
i usually watch new releases and stuff i've been anticipating in 1080p, so i dont use netflix for that. But me and the g/f have been going through some older movies on it recently. My co-workers have netflix too and I just got done talking with one of them about the Fletch and Fletch Lives movies with Chevy Chase since we both just recently watched them on the streaming. lol, i think i prefer the second one best, and while i found the movie funny, i confess i spent most of the movie with my DBV on and bong in-hand, so that could have something to do with it lol.

there are a ton of really great things to watch when your ripped on there, but they're all so common that i cant really find any others that are worth mentioning.

steiner666,

lepstadder

Go Further

A really good Ron Mann docu (also did GRASS and "know your mushrooms")

its got woody harrilson in it

and its about conservation and the like

Killer version of the other one acoustic by bobby weir at the begining

lepstadder,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i'd love to try NetFlix on my xbox, but there is some port/network problem that won't let it work and i haven't taken the time to figure it out. However, there is no problem connecting to xbox live, but no online stuff is available.

Hippie Dickie,

Ash

vaporist
Farscape. Wife and I are totally hooked. Sci fi series in which Jim Henson's company does the makeup and prostheses for the aliens, and the ship the heroes live on is alive.

Ash,

sour

Ash said:
Farscape. Wife and I are totally hooked. Sci fi series in which Jim Henson's company does the makeup and prostheses for the aliens, and the ship the heroes live on is alive.
I'm gonna check that out after work.. I've seen it on there but didn't know if it was cool or not. Thanks!

sour,

lwien

Ash said:
Gonna check it out too. Love good sci-fi series. Really getting into Caprica on the SciFy channel and was totally bummed when Firefly was cancelled on Fox. Thanks for the tip, Ash.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Hippie Dickie said:
i'd love to try NetFlix on my xbox, but there is some port/network problem that won't let it work and i haven't taken the time to figure it out. However, there is no problem connecting to xbox live, but no online stuff is available.
Bet you it is your NAT Type. Might have to forward your ports. Netflix might be firewalled because of your port status.

My most recent netflix vid was Dead Snow.... foreign Nazi Zombie movie, quite humorous

DevoTheStrange,

bcleez

if you watch farscape make sure you are really high. like really really high.

bcleez,

sour

I just watched Smiley Face. Anna Faris was hilarious. This movie gives stoners a bad name though.. hm. I had never heard of this one before just found it while browsing, found it appropriately amusing. :)

sour,

steiner666

Serial vapist
after a long time of nothing to watch since we're all caught up and waiting for new eps of our regular shows (House, Bones, Weeds, Supernatural, etc..) me and the g/f watched 3 eps of Spartacus last night and it's a pretty cool show i must say! If you don't know what it's about, combine 1 parts Gladiator and 2 parts 300 and there you have it. The fights are pretty awesome, but I was getting a bit tired of how they do slow-mo ever 2 seconds in a battle, and some of the other effects, which would otherwise be cool, are also over-used.

steiner666,

sour

yea steiner666 Spartacus is pretty good, I've seen first 2 eps. I'm waiting for Weeds season 6, but we still have a while unfortunately.

sour,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I bought a Roku a few days ago and I'm in love with it. I think with Netflix it could be a fantastic cheap alternative to cable and I think the roster of channels is growing if you search "secret roku channels" etc.
I'm going to see what's on the archive.org channel in a few - I've not seen it yet but I can guess that the content bests that of any basic cable channel.

jeffp,
Top Bottom