Nervous about buying from dispensaries (los angeles)

rebelxd

Hey all, I am fairly new to the CA MMJ situation. I feel a bit nervous about buying from dispensaries - so far ive only gone to one, but am interested in trying one that delivers to eliminate the risk of driving with MJ in my car. However, im nervous about the practices of the dispensaries , if they get into trouble - will it come back to me? I dislike having my information in there files. Anyone have any words to ease my anxieties about this? :)
Thanks

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
I have been a Californian MMJ Patient for at least 2-3 years now. I have had it since I was 18. I do encourage that you get more accustom to knowing/protecting your rights if and when you are stopped by a police officer. Remember to keep your medicine bagged and unopened. This will not allow the officer to open the bag. Also, state that you have just visited your clinic and have MMJ on you and you are heading home. Since you need to have a probable cause to a crime in order to allow search and seizures without a warrant, you have done a good part on your job by confessing that you are a legal medical marijuana patient and have proper documents to prove your status. This also prevents the officers from giving the station a report that they suspected you having illegal substances and use thatas a viable source to back up uunwarranted search/seizures.

If you have done all this and as well as respect the authority, they will ask you more questions to get you to be detained. Your first fireback question should be, "Am I being detained, officer? And what for? Remember, you can be with friends and it is not illegal to be driving with others so your friends are clear and should be fine unless you have somebody underage with you and they are noticeably medicated. They have the right to ask for your identification so beware. If you are not detained for any reason at all, ask the officer, "Am I free to go?" in most cases they will give you a warning and threaten if they see you around getting stoned in the car, you are going to head to the bars for DUI and might have to pay for it.

I have never been stopped before and that is very important to me because I know that I should be free to do what I want so long as I am following the rules of the law. You signed up as a patient, exercise your rights as one, and don't be a victim of unfair charges or unreasonable searches (sometimes destroying your car is a must for pigs these days.)

Man I'll tell you this though. The police seems to be more interested in busting meth heads rather than pot heads because it earns them reputation in their department. Guess that's what happens when Breaking Bad came out a while back. Learn your Miranda rights as well. You will need this as you might be interrogated into self-incrimination but practicing this will help you in the most cases you are holding a very large amount of marijuana or when they do detain you.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I'm not in CA, I'm in WA... however, I do have friends who have been in a dispensary when it was raided. When cops raid a dispensary, they generally, after checking your ID & medical authorization (if you have a paper/card in CA) will let you go. The cops will look at the files/records, but not to follow up and harass patients, but to discover if the dispensary is making sales to unauthorized/is laundering drug money/is so successful, they want the cash.

I only go to dispensaries that are picky about verification, have great security (is not a "lounge" atmosphere), and who keep my records meticulously. They seem to have less chance of being raided, and I feel safer about the stuff I'm getting there, too.

For transport in the car, I use a "large" sized CVault. It has an air-tight, smell-proof seal. It goes in the back/trunk area.

Remember to treat your meds kinda like alcohol. No open containers, out of reach of the driver, don't spill it on the carpet.

Denver912

If anything do this. Buy from a disp. Don't smoke on the ride home(bonus round-maybe not be high as fuck for the driving part too). Don't sell your shit. Don't smoke it directly in front of kids or cops or kiddie cops(bonus round again-anyone who looks like a stupid nosey motherfuckers too). Keep ur bottle and receipt. Be fucking polite and respectful if you're stopped(bonus shit x3-don't start spazzing out or fuckin being stupid.... This has helped me out throughout my life with law enforcement often while being in the wrong. Who knows you could be his reason to not fuck you in your ass with his baton thing)

If you follow these simple rules and somehow get arrested I got to hear this shit.

And I suffer from anxiety daily so if it's the whole thing of new places, new things, new worries type stuff I'd say shop around. You will find one that either you like the most or hate the least. Either way you win.

Also once you find a place or even for a second visit to ease the newness places have call ahead ordering via telephone and then you swing by to pick it up. There are drawbacks to this method but if it works fuck it. Some maybe even by email for ordering.

The first visits are the longest till they put you in their computer. After that with a phone order and everyone's advice you'll be fine. Shit was weird at first when I came to a med state.

Last edited by a moderator:

SD_haze

A lot of dispensaries have a clause that says, to the effect, "you authorize that we are your sole provider of medicine". If safety is your #1 concern, you might want to only sign up at one dispensary at a time.

That being said, I've had legal CA MMJ since my 18th birthday and am currently in my fourth year.
I've never had even a tiny legal incident with deliveries or walk-ins or police. To add to that, I've signed up at plenty of dispensaries in the past that were subsequently closed.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Your rec and id are held there for verification purposes which is good for both of you. I've never had a problem with going to and from dispensaries. I've walked out with my brown bag and had a cop wave at me. I keep my stuff closed (stapled shut rather) and out of reach. My rec is always in my bag which is always in my car. I have it with me wether I have anything on me or not.

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
I buy on the internet. Point, click, add to cart, checkout, done.

It shows up on my doorstep the next day (free shipping to boot).

It doesn't get much easier than that.

:peace:

It seems as if a disp that uses the fed mail system might attract unwanted fed attention to both parties?

Personally, I would never have a delivery service come to my home any more than I would drag a craigslist transaction to my home. Not saying that they are all bad, just that you never know.

Feds have no real interest in personal medical users.

Good to see some common sense advice on driving. Typically I see people around here advocating vapes as 'driving devices'. Your vape is probably stealth enough to take in the shower as well, but probably not a good idea either.

While it is always smart to use common sense and be respectful to leo, don't fool yourself that this will always protect you. It is on a leo by leo basis. They can and will do what they want, and your opinion on the matter is irrelevant. One might not want to waste his valuable time messing w/ minor mj issues. Another might blame everything bad in the world on the plant. When I was new to the medical program (a decade ago?) I made the stupid mistake of admitting that I had some mmj in the vehicle (when asked), Leo's hand went to his gun, I was ordered out of the vehicle and things went downhill from there. Some life lessons need relearned, even to the most hardheaded of us - honesty is not always the best policy.

Snake Plissken,
Reactions: Enchantre

SD_haze

Im in CA, im curious. What provider are you using for this?
Think I can answer dis one

large_12988_smallersizebanner_1311102874.jpg

lwien

Hmm..........I wonder how the quality is as compared to the local delivery service I'm using now.

Hmmmm............

lwien,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The quality of the meds for the most part has been good. I've had a couple of poor strains, and a few that were fantastic. I'd give them an A- for quality. Price wise, I'd give them a B (not the cheapest, but reasonably priced IMO) but they get an A+ for sheer convenience. Their customer service is very good when I've had to contact them directly or by email.

Meghan

I go to two dispensaries regularly, am signed up at three more, and am also signed up with three different delivery services (I only use one regularly). I don't feel paranoid about it because I have my recommendation and I know my rights. I also know that the individual patient is just about the last person the police are concerned about these days--at least where I live. (I have a cop living on my block who was concerned about a previous neighbor who was growing medical marijuana in his house with proper documentation--and selling to individuals who would show up at all hours, totally shady. During a conversation with him, he mentioned that the cops don't care or do anything about medical marijuana in general when people have the appropriate paperwork, or when it came to individual patients, etc., but that his concern was only that this guy was clearly not playing by the rules and had ex-felons showing up to make deals. It was an interesting conversation and one that reassured me quite a bit about LE's priorities around here.)

The delivery service I use has been around for years and has great reviews on WeedMaps. The guy is truly in it for the right reasons, and his product is top-notch. I've never worried. :)

I have been curious about The Goddess Delivers, too. I have social anxiety so not having to deal with someone is always a plus. I'm VERY curious about quality, especially because my delivery guy grows amazing stuff and sells at lower-than-market prices. That's hard to beat...

i would never buy somewhere where i have to put down my name!

but i guess when you're on facebook etc it doesn't really matter anymore if your consumption of ilegal substances can be tracked...

apart from this only three words:

GROW YOUR OWN!

SoulCaptivesAreFree,

Meghan

Wasn't a fan of the buds for the prices but the non-bho hashes & edibles are on-point.

Yeah, after looking at the prices, I just can't justify it. I recently bought a half ounce of very tasty indoor for $90 because my delivery service was having a special. $55 for an eighth is way above what I'm willing to pay. But if I didn't have the options I did locally, the convenience would certainly help compensate for the crazy prices.

Meghan,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
FWIW all 1/8ths are at least 4g. IMO It's actually a better deal to get 2 1/8ths from them than a quarter for $10 less. It's not the cheapest by a long shot, but like I said, the convenience for me is worth it.

lwien

The quality of the meds for the most part has been good. I've had a couple of poor strains, and a few that were fantastic. I'd give them an A- for quality. Price wise, I'd give them a B (not the cheapest, but reasonably priced IMO) but they get an A+ for sheer convenience. Their customer service is very good when I've had to contact them directly or by email.

While I use a different delivery service, the bud has always been top notch and ya just can't beat the convenience. Kinda like getting your pizza delivered. ;)

man that reminds me of watching half baked as a teenager :D we were always like "no way such thing exists" lol

where i'm from it's hard to imagine having such options... it's quite ilegal around here ;)

Top Bottom