Nectar Hex

Vapinski

Excuse my hack spamming, but this is perhaps the last one for now and is a pretty solid one.

Rubies can go in the zirconia cooling unit to provide additional cooling/absorption. I have managed to squeeze in seven 3mm rubies and two 2mm rubies without compromising the airflow.

Just take the silicone/screen part off and reveal the sort of hole shape of the cooling unit and stuff the rubies in there and put the silicone back on. I have found that doing this not only continuously improves the mouthpiece hack, but actually made a huge difference when using the stock mouthpiece as well.

Last edited:

seedy53

Yeah, Wish is a pretty slow website, such is the nature of china websites like it. I think the first time I ordered them it took about two weeks. I’ve since realized you live in the UK, but that was originally why I offered to send one.

The ID of the o-rings are a bit narrow so it does have to be stretched to fit, but unfortunately I haven’t seen a size or option that might fit snug. Some of the ones that I bought have broken, whether it be from the stretching or heat or too much fiddling, I am unsure, but I located some on Amazon finally that are the same size needed and made from silicone with a heat resistance of 450 F so I’m hoping those will be better quality but it only comes in a variety pack, they should arrive tomorrow. I think I will start looking for sizes that might fit and take a chance to get something more perfect.

Here is the link if you’d maybe prefer to return those and get these to heir on the side of caution, they’re the only ones I could find on Amazon with this heat resistance and size: https://a.co/d/gymc3CC
Ordering from actual o-ring sites seems to require bulk purchasing and they’re rather confusing to me: unless you have any ideas this is the best I’ve got. Trial and error, you know.

Yes, that is all you have to do. Take the stock rings off and put the new ones on with a little stretch effort and it goes right in.
i live in usa deep south.

seedy53,

seedy53

My apologies I thought I saw you say that on Reddit somewhere, must’ve been a trick of the eye.
deep cleaning my cooling unit and the receiver and mp sections of hex, after 6 months medium use is a messy/clogged bitch, i'm going to soak all that stuff to get it out of those nooks and crannies. an ultrasonic cleaner would come in handy. but alas, poor seedy53, is a cheap old lady. lol

Vapinski

deep cleaning my cooling unit and the receiver and mp sections of hex, after 6 months medium use is a messy/clogged bitch, i'm going to soak all that stuff to get it out of those nooks and crannies. an ultrasonic cleaner would come in handy. but alas, poor seedy53, is a cheap old lady. lol
Oh wow, that is quite a long time without cleaning! I usually go about a week at most. I don’t know how much heat resistance zirconia has, but I’ve sometimes done things like put it in the oven or even burning off with a torch to help get the resin off of glass and metal.

Vapinski,
Reactions: LesPlenty

seedy53

Oh wow, that is quite a long time without cleaning! I usually go about a week at most. I don’t know how much heat resistance zirconia has, but I’ve sometimes done things like put it in the oven or even burning off with a torch to help get the resin off of glass and metal.
it was a test to see how long it would function without deep cleaning. i'll figure out. i could always dip the zirconium in acetone, if i need too lol

Top Bottom