Narrowed to Pinnacle vs Davinci

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowlock

Salutations, I'm obviously new and after much trolling of threads I thought this would be a great place to seek answers. I decided this might not be redundant thread after the time spent browsing. I got some great info in almost all that I've seen, but wanted to narrow the input to suit my needs.

So here goes:
I am a novice to the world of vape looking to invest in my own unit. I seem to be more intrigued by portables(even though I normally don't leave house carrying) and so I've narrowed my decision to two devices: The Davinci and Pinnacle.

I was hoping for some input from people who've owned/used both frequently, but anyone with experience with either is just as good! Also, since there seem to be a plethora of portable choices I'd welcome a THIRD recommendation from anyone whos had experience with at least one of the two I listed.

I am concerned with:
Material safety
Temperature accuracy/stability
Quality/Durability
Flavor
Customer relations
Price
and well just about every aspect lol

I like the Davinci most. It caught my attention first, I like the design and functionality especially the oil option and being able to use whilst charging, but dont like the rumored air leaks and off gassing.

The Pinnacle caught my eye for simplicity and the water attachment. But I dont like the looseness of mouthpiece.

I'm going to make a purchase the 8th of April so I'm just looking for some external input seeing as I'm a loner stoner and don't know anyone IRL to discuss these things with.

Any contributions will be greatly appreciated!! and sorry if this thread is a rehash of another.

Snowlock,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The PN has a low upper temp limit, so if you are after the higher temp actives you may prefer the DV, but I don't know the temps off that unit. The DV has also been out longer, so you have a little more of a track record to look at. I think DV got the smell issues resolved. I have never used a DV, but I held one in the store and it is a very solid feeling unit. From my understanding, the oil option isn't the greatest. You can probably get teh DV for cheaper now that they are launching a new product.

I love my PN, and I recommend it, but not for those wanting the higher temp vapor.

stickstones,

Snowlock

That Arizer looked great but I dont like the mouthpiece.

Whats the word on the oil feature not being that great? I haven't heard much about that.. have to do some more research.

and Im gonna contradict my OP but I just got to looking at the PAX.

So now Im considering that too.

The DV's Ascent looks good so I'll hold off on the original DV but I dont want to buy something less than a year old.(and it still isnt released) So I guess that narrows it too PAX and PN

for $250 though the PAX better be a damn fine product

TOO MANY CHOICES AGGHH

Snowlock,

Snowlock

I got too excited about the PAX... and the only thing about the pinnacle that really had me intrigued was the Aqua Tube but and after seeing price tag of over $300(including Aquatube) thats out of my comfort zone.

I think I will settle with DaVinci.

Thanks for all the help

Snowlock,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
If you consider the Pinacle, you should consider without the Aquatube for a fair comparison to the DV.

I think the DV will make a good first unit but you should consider a nice home unit too.. there are two DaBuddhas for ~100$ in the Classifieds.. if you can spare it, i think it would be a great choice.

You should also consider the FlashVape, very cheap but powerfull, and with great flavour and safe materials.

Snowlock

Now this is just being finicky but I didnt like the look of the FlashVape aaaaand...

:doh: *face-to-palm maneuver*:doh:

...I've decided to get a Solo. Its simple, economic, and has good accessories. Plus, I heard it has something similar to the Aqua tube?? or maybe I just misinterpreted a description of a GonG adapter

Those DaBuddhas look promising I may get one, but will have to hold off.

THIS IS IT! Im NOT changing my mind any more!! Pay day is the 9th and Im placing the order then.. the only questions I still have is whether I should stress over getting ceramic vs stainless and what model is the best/ where to get it.

I've been all over the place mentally these last weeks :mental: what with all the choices but Im content with my decision the Solo's a go-go!

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Now this is just being finicky but I didnt like the look of the FlashVape aaaaand...

:doh: *face-to-palm maneuver*:doh:

...I've decided to get a Solo. Its simple, economic, and has good accessories. Plus, I heard it has something similar to the Aqua tube?? or maybe I just misinterpreted a description of a GonG adapter

Those DaBuddhas look promising I may get one, but will have to hold off.

THIS IS IT! Im NOT changing my mind any more!! Pay day is the 9th and Im placing the order then.. the only questions I still have is whether I should stress over getting ceramic vs stainless and what model is the best/ where to get it.

I've been all over the place mentally these last weeks :mental: what with all the choices but Im content with my decision the Solo's a go-go!

I don't think there's much point in stressing whether it's ceramic, besides the bowl was changed 2 years ago, so it would be hard to get and problably used.

Just get the latest model and you're set.

vorrange,
Reactions: Snowlock
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom