My secret to THC E-Cig PG-Liquid... Potent, Effective, Cheap, Easy!!!

Hyphy

Any other kinds of filtering options that you guys recommend?

Try winterizing. The basic concept is that the thc is absorbed in alcohol and then at cold temps the plant matter seperates and can be filtered out. Not sure if it will solve your current mess but should help when making future batches.

StheDubya

Syringe filters are cool but they probably trap the same amount of juice as a paper filter. I used some stainless steel filter screen I got for blastin and it worked good. My neighbor just got a big sheet of ss screen online real cheap. Think it was from a biofuel supply site.

StheDubya,
Reactions: zor

VEGASMMJ

So I've read this whole thread and I'm ready to take the plunge making my own Oil. I'm a medical patient here in Las Vegas and I love these prefilled carts from the dispensaries but at $60 for a cartridge with .5gram of oil it's time to make my own!

So here's what I've got so far. I've ordered a 5 pack of disposable vape cartridges off eBay as that's what I'm used to getting with the carts from the dispensaries, plus with these thick oils I figure it's better to just use it once and then toss it.

I've also ordered a bottle of Puff Majic Original flavor. Want to taste my concentrate and not into flavors so I thought this would be my best bet. Too many complaints I've read from people about the taste from unflavored EJ/PM as well.

My main question is about ratios. Most people on this board seem interested in diluting their product as much as possible. I'm looking to do the opposite. I want to make as potent a oil as possible to use in these carts. I'd like to do a 1:1 ratio of Puff majic:shatter. Has anyone done an equal ratio like this? Will the oil flow AT ALL at this ratio? With a super thick oil I also wonder if there might be a benefit to priming these empty carts with pure Puff Majic first and then draining it before adding my oil solution. Thoughts? Would this be a waste of time? Thanks for reading first post.

Last edited:
VEGASMMJ,

zor

Those of you using larger capacity tanks, have you experienced any issues with leaking? Both of my kangers began to leak, I rebuilt the coils, no luck. Tried everything I could find online to fix it but gave up and got an aspire nautilus. AFter a day of perfect use it too began to gurgle and leak a bit, but I toyed with the wattage and taking slowing draws, that seems to have helped....

zor,

CharlieBelmont

@zor I have tried 4 bigger tanks so far and only the Aspire K1 BVC Glassomizer have not leaked. I have refilled 2 K1 tanks 2 times each and both still good so far. They sell 5 packs of coils for those also...

@Vegas - Refilling those little disp. carts 1:1 worked for me. If it is too thick your oil will start to burn/darken in the tank.

zor

Thanks @CharlieBelmont, I saw mention of the K1 but my local vape store didn't have it in stock and the nautilus was recommended as a sub.

I wonder what it is that causes this mix to be so prone to leaking....is it less dense than the expected nicotine ejuices?

zor,

Hyphy

Has it been hot, like 90s, where you are? High temps cause the air in the top of the tank to expand and push the liquid out of the bottom air hole when upright.

Hyphy,

walrus

@VEGASMMJ I have used 1:1 ratios of winterized concentrate to ejmix with good results. I basically only use liquid concentrates in situations where stealth is needed so I like it to be as potent as possible so I can take a couple quick hits and be done. the mix is very thick and syrupy but it does wick for me in sapphire type attys and in the k1 tanks. I give it at least a half hour after filling to soak into the wick before hitting it.

Winterizing/dewaxing is an important step at this ratio in my experience as waxy concentrates tend to gunk up super fast and start to give out a burnt taste and will work less optimally

walrus,

VEGASMMJ

@VEGASMMJ
Winterizing/dewaxing is an important step at this ratio in my experience as waxy concentrates tend to gunk up super fast and start to give out a burnt taste and will work less optimally
Thanks for the reply. This winterizing is the one step that makes me nervous. Again I just plan on using those disposable carts from the dispensary. The only hold .5. I wonder if they would still clog in the absence of dewaxing?

VEGASMMJ,

VEGASMMJ

Is it safe to assume that any shatter I purchase from a dispensary has not already been winterized?

VEGASMMJ,

zor

Has it been hot, like 90s, where you are? High temps cause the air in the top of the tank to expand and push the liquid out of the bottom air hole when upright.

It was indeed around those temperatures! I'm having much more success with the Nautilus mini, however, but I liked the ease of rebuilding kanger coils a lot.... :(

zor,

Hyphy

• The emptier the cart, the more air to expand and higher potential of leaks
  • Storing the tank upside down helps prevent leaks out of the bottom but leaves some potential for liquid in the wick to leak out of the mouthpiece. A leaky wick is much less of a problem though than a leaky tank.
  • Not sure about this one, but thicker liquid could possibly help. Also more expensive if it did leak.
At the end of the day, all tanks are susceptible to leaking in hot weather.

Hyphy,

zor

Thanks @Hyphy! The ambient temp effect makes sense, but I experienced leaking by the second pull of a newly assembled tank....air, ejuice, materials are all at ambient temp too, wouldn't that make you suspect something in the assembly and/or coil is contributing to this?

I've taken the nautmini and fire it upside down for a bit to clear it out, that has helped satisfactorily, and I get a nice big mouth of flavor for the first hit when I do that :)

zor,

mtnbike420

I just placed a order for a puff majic starter kit. I've never even used a e cig so I am still trying to learn alot.

After some research I am leaning toward a eleaf 30w with a nautilus mini tank. Is there any other combos in this price range that would be better? Any recomended sites to order from? Thanks for any replys!

mtnbike420,

Hyphy

Thanks @Hyphy! The ambient temp effect makes sense, but I experienced leaking by the second pull of a newly assembled tank....air, ejuice, materials are all at ambient temp too, wouldn't that make you suspect something in the assembly and/or coil is contributing to this?

Sounds like you may need to experiment with flavor wicks to control liquid flow. Basically extra wick above and/or below the coil. Tons of info on the ecig forum (flavor wick) and youtube (protank leak fix). I thought about unraveling some rxw to use as the flavor wicks if I ever go the protank route.

Hyphy,

zor

Thanks man, yeah I did some experimenting that way as I read and heard about it via other forums and youtube. Making an extra wick didn't help that much, I'm not sure why it would to begin with....if the wick is oversaturated to the point that the heat causes it to sputter and bubble adding more absorption to it won't really help unless there's a way to gate the flow into the wick. I'll look into this more, though, I'd hate to toss these otherwise functional tanks!

zor,

VEGASMMJ

I just mixed a 1/1 batch of Puff Majic/shatter and it is working (flowing) GREAT in these disposable carts. Hating the taste of this Puff Majic Original though. I just wanted something to let the flavor of the concentrate shine. Not digging this so far.

VEGASMMJ,

illmatik

I've been using 30% Puff Majic Original, 10% Flavoring (LorAnns Candy Flavoring) and 60% concentrate for months now.

My cartridges have been the disposable glass/stainless steel carts you can get on AliBaba.

I've done a lot of testing and this seems to be my best combination so far, but still not perfect. At the end of the day, the PEG/VG mixtures are just not desirable. If you heat them up too much, you will get a plasticy burnt taste. Also, they seem to change from a light gold color to a dark black color as they get used, and the taste degrades as well. The best pre-filled cartridges on the market use 100% terpenes as a dilutant, and some even 100% co2 with no dilutant.

I ordered a sample pack of the connoisseur concentrates "The Solution". I will report back but I'm sure I will have much better results with a terpene-based dilutant rather than PEG/VG.

VEGASMMJ

The best pre-filled cartridges on the market use 100% terpenes as a dilutant, and some even 100% co2 with no dilutant.

I ordered a sample pack of the connoisseur concentrates "The Solution". I will report back but I'm sure I will have much better results with a terpene-based dilutant rather than PEG/VG.

Thanks for input. I think I'm gonna order a sample pack of Original from them as well even tho it is SO expensive. Their prices are crazy high but im gonna go for it because the Puff Majic just isn't doing it for me. These carts I get from the the dispensary (Jetty Extracts, Mighty Meds, Britelabs) are just so tasty. Probably because they are 100% supercritical co2 and aren't cut with anything. I'm just hoping this terpene blend will get me closer to the natural taste I'm looking for.

Hyphy

After some research I am leaning toward a eleaf 30w with a nautilus mini tank. Is there any other combos in this price range that would be better? Any recomended sites to order from?

Although the eleaf 30W is a great mod, it's outdated due to temp control (TC) mods. You can get an eleaf TC 40W for less than $30. Me though, I'd spend a bit more for a mod with batteries you can swap out. It's inevitable that batteries will eventually wear out and being able to replace an $8 battery is better than replacing a $30 mod, aka eleaf. Another pro is that you can have additional batteries pre-charged on the side and pop em in when the battery in the mod is low. Battery swappable mods to look at similar in size to the eleafs are the IPV D2 (YiHi chip) and the Joye eVic VTC. Check out "my vapor store" for competitive prices.

I've heard great things about the nautilus mini tank, but think the 2mL capacity is a bit much for c-liquid. The Aspire K1 1.5mL seems to be the most consistent positively reviewed. Others have great success with the 1.5mL mini protanks (mPT2, mPT3) and are easy to rebuild, but can be finicky with leaking. Our friend @zor is trying to troubleshoot protank leaks as we speak.

Making an extra wick didn't help that much, I'm not sure why it would to begin with....if the wick is oversaturated to the point that the heat causes it to sputter and bubble adding more absorption to it won't really help unless there's a way to gate the flow into the wick.

As you said, gating the flow will likely help which I think is one of the benefits of flavor wicks, reducing the air path so not as much liquid is pulled into the wick. Any one else out here know more about this?

Also, are you using the mPT2 or mPT3? The mPT2 atomizer wick sticks out of the metal base while the mPT3 wick is internal. I'm guessing that the mPT2 would have less leak potential than the mPT3.

mtnbike420

Thanks for the response @Hyphy. I ended up buying the eleaf 40w with the nautilis mini. I've been enjoying it all day with some puff majic!

mtnbike420,
Top Bottom