My only other dispensary got raided today.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm really pissed. A month or so ago my favorite dispensary was shut down by the City of Brea. So I've been using my back up (so to speak) dispensary that is the only other one I've found around my area that appears safe. It was a place called Today's Hollistic Collective in La Puente. As I was parking my car in front of the store this afternoon I noticed one of the owners standing in front of the store. She had obviously been crying. She told me they got raided today and would not be re-opening.

What's the point of having a MMJ card if all the dispensarys are getting shut down? I don't think I'm even going to renew my card this year and I'll just have to crawl back underground like I did in the old days. :uhoh:

Man this is really getting to be ridiculous. I don't understand what Obama is thinking by letting this shit go down.

Stu,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I can only imagine bud. Thats gotta suck - having a place that you feel safe getting your meds/stash/whateverYOUcallit is almost key. I hate dealing with the shadiest of shadies in the black market and in your situation you have been afforded a safer alternative but just had it snatched away.

The only silver lining that I (might) see out of all of this is the comments along the lines of "Its gonna get worse before it gets better" (especially during the prop 19 buzz)

Hopefully this is the 'worse' before it gets better. (without getting any worse(er))

AGBeer,

turtles

i'd put money on it that he needs some demographic that includes anti-drug people and therefore is trying to appease them

turtles,

Gunky

It sucks. When they raided my favorite dispensary in San Jose the cops not only seized the cash they had (which will never, ever be disgorged) but they confiscated all the records of their patients, a list which includes my name. Can we just legalize it and stop the corruption?

Gunky,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Yeah, I'm not real happy that the cops have seized 2 lists in the last month or so that had all my personal information. I don't think they would ever go after patients, but the idea still creeps me out.
:peace:

Stu,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Stu said:
Yeah, I'm not real happy that the cops have seized 2 lists in the last month or so that had all my personal information. I don't think they would ever go after patients, but the idea still creeps me out.

That is exactly why I do not think I would even apply for a card. (if and when I am in a medical marijuana state) I think the Feds are collecting names of the patients too, and I agree, THAT creeps me out! Plus, if they keep doing all this raiding, having a card would be useless anyway.

I don't like the black market either, but at least I still have my anonymity.

Sorry this happened to you, Stu. :(

Vicki,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Thanks, Vicki. The more I think about this the more depressed I'm getting. Time to medicate!

I feel like sending this graph to every member of congress to show them that they are now buttering the wrong side of the bread. Those whores only care about votes, so I think soon they will be doing some flip-flopping on the issue. They're already very skilled at that.
f9nyco05-um-ww_mfbuo9q.gif

Stu,
Whats going to happen to Oaksterdam U!? :(
This really is depressing, I'm in Canada so for me the "shady" underworld isn't all that shady. It is calm and relaxed, friendly, and I have no problems. But as someone who has wanted to go to places with more marijuana freedoms to learn things and come back home, this just sucks.

Legalize-then-capitalize.,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I regretfully have to bump this thread as I just got a text that said my "new" dispensary in Brea will be closing at midnight tonight by court order. :mad:

You'd think they would have a fire sale, but just offering 45 dollar caps between 10:pM - midnight isn't enough to make me run down there now.

Fuck! :horse:

Stu,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Similar thing happened to a dispensary by me. My card expired in December and I found that it seemed pointless to try and renew it due to all this mess. It makes me sad and I have just been using some of my friends grown stuff, but definitely not as good as some top strains and I wish I could get more variety again, not sure what to do :/. I feel your pain and can only hope that this amazing plant can be legalized soon. I just feel that the government will do anything in their power to make sure it isn't because of the pharma companies, as sick as it is...

Fingers crossed for the future.

Elluzion,

lwien

Yup. All this really sucks but don't get caught in the paranoia trap of thinking that they're going to go after the end users. There's simply wayyyy too many of them for the courts or the jails to be able to handle.

They just better stay the fuck away from my dispensary. :rant:

lwien,

SD_haze

99% of physical dispensaries are gone in San Diego, mostly all that are left are the delivery services.

And any of the deliveries that go on weedmaps get targetted by the cops and because of the extra risk, long gone are any decent deals.

Luckily I was able to find a compassionate delivery service right before they got off weedmaps, and they even have medicated gourmet ice cream (Nice Creams)

Still, going from 100+ shops to just 1 is a real sad state of affairs.
Just a giant step backwards.

SD_haze,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I think I will just make trips to the valley and just stock up. The dispensaries around Studio City seem to be fairly stable, and they have really good selections for reasonable prices. The 2-hour roundtrip commute I can handle every couple of months I guess. But man, this just blows. :(

Stu,

SD_haze

Stu said:
I think I will just make trips to the valley and just stock up. The dispensaries around Studio City seem to be fairly stable, and they have really good selections for reasonable prices. The 2-hour roundtrip commute I can handle every couple of months I guess. But man, this just blows. :(

Since you have a valid rec, you might want to look into The Goddess Delivers

In the Gentlemans Vape thread they linked to it as they're carrying pre-loaded thc carts.

But what's special about them, is its delivered overnight to your doorstep (free shipping over 60)

Edibles (including vegan cookies), butter, bud, shake, & tinctures

Obviously something like a cookie would seem less sketchy than having actual bud shipped, but it seems like a pretty legitimate operation. Good discount on your first order.

PS I did email them about their butter, which is $35 for 8oz (2 sticks) and found out its not made with shake but only bud/popcorn nugs, everything organic.

SD_haze,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Wow... that is interesting. Thanks, SD.

I looked at their site, but I still don't understand how the deliveries work? Do they use private "delivery agents" that leave it in your mailbox or what?

Stu,

SD_haze

Stu said:
Wow... that is interesting. Thanks, SD.

I looked at their site, but I still don't understand how the deliveries work? Do they use private "delivery agents" that leave it in your mailbox or what?

Unless you live in L.A. it looks like they actually ship it through the mail system?

SD_haze,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm in. I'm going to love to see my (super square anti-everything) mailman deliver my pot. :brow:
God bless California.

Stu,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I just placed my first order on the Goddess website. Pretty cool, actually. I called them on the phone to ask how the delivery service works and they said it is a local private courier service that specializes in overnight local shipments. They just drop off a white envelope on your doorstep in the morning (hopefully it's waterproof or my sprinklers might be a factor). I like the idea of buying my pot the same way I buy everything else these days... Online!

Hopefully the quality is decent as this would be a fantastic service for my lazy ass.

Mod note:I just realized I posted back to back and will accept 10 lashings as I deserve them.

Stu,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I just placed my first order on the Goddess website. Pretty cool, actually. I called them on the phone to ask how the delivery service works and they said it is a local private courier service that specializes in overnight local shipments. They just drop off a white envelope on your doorstep in the morning (hopefully it's waterproof or my sprinklers might be a factor). I like the idea of buying my pot the same way I buy everything else these days... Online!

Hopefully the quality is decent as this would be a fantastic service for my lazy ass.

Mod note:I just realized I posted back to back and will accept 10 lashings as I deserve them.

So, how did it work out for you?

Purpl3_Haz3,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
It worked out very well. Extremely professionally packaged goods, discretely triple sealed and left on my doorstep. I didn't care for their pre-filled e-cig medicated cartridges, but the herb is quite good, and reasonably priced.

Now I just point, click, view cart, checkout and the goods are there the next day (free shipping over $60, too).

I recommend it to any California patients for sure.

Stu,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Glad to hear it ended up being a good solution for you! we dont have anything quite like that here...we're just getting our final dispensaries set up (state limit is 8..)

the whole 'over the internet' thing seems really convenient though!

Purpl3_Haz3,

SD_haze

It worked out very well. Extremely professionally packaged goods, discretely triple sealed and left on my doorstep. I didn't care for their pre-filled e-cig medicated cartridges, but the herb is quite good, and reasonably priced.

Now I just point, click, view cart, checkout and the goods are there the next day (free shipping over $60, too).

I recommend it to any California patients for sure.

Hey Stu,

When you ordered, did you get any kind of confirmation email saying when it would be delivered? Or is it always the next day, in the morning?

I've yet to order from them because if they're just leaving it on the doorstep, I'd kind of have to know when its arriving because I don't live alone :/

Unfortunately I waited so long their -25% off first order deal seems to be gone.

SD_haze,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
SD, Funny how earlier in the thread you were telling me about the service and I was asking you the questions! :lol:

They don't specify a time, but they implied that it would be a morning delivery. All my deliveries have come mid-morning (9:00 ish). You can make comments during your ordering process to request that they special handle the order, like if you wanted it signed for or something. I'd call them and ask. Tara usually answers the phone and she's a really cool chick and very helpful.

Stu,
Top Bottom