my new top vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

toketoketoke

Top VApor vp210.

I need help setting it up, i am a beginner and i have no clue how to/ where to hook up the hoses.
There is a tube with a glass bulb on it that is a mystery to me so pleases help out.

ur boy, toketoketoke

toketoketoke,

Ash

vaporist
Ok, here's some help. Put everything back in the box and return that sweatshop made piece of crap. Then save a bit more $$$ and buy something decent.

Seriously.

Mod note: Please find a nicer way to disapprove of someone's vape purchase, or maybe just keep your unfavorable opinion to yourself.

EDIT: Wow, I can't believe how that came out. Way too harsh. My bad. Sorry. :uhoh:

Ash,

lwien

VaporBros
LaunchBox
VaporGenie
Myrtlezap
VapoStar

If you can stretch a bit more than 150, then check out the Purple Days and Da Buddha.

There are large threads on each of these vapes. It would be a good idea to read through each one to help you make the decision as to which one would best suit "your" needs.

lwien,
toketoketoke said:
any good ones going for $150 at most??
Real shame you didn't come here first.:(

I was literally seconds away from pulling the trigger on one of those e-bay knockoffs when I thought I would do a little more research. That research brought me here to FC and here I found a number of (long) threads that I read and digested.

I ultimately settled on the MyrtleZap (Purple Days and Woodeez are similar - all around $150) for my main vape. I will eventually be getting a portable (Iolite or similar) too.

I am really glad I did not get the low-cost unit - maybe you can return yours since you haven't used it?

Howie Feltersnatch,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
best vapes I can think of for $150 are DaBuddha and the Woodeez. Is the myrtlezap $150? And teh Pandora's Box should be coming out real soon for $150.

stickstones,

manchild

Vapourist
Welcome to FC toketoketoke. I'd be interested in knowing how many people purchased a cheap knock off vape before finding FC. I know I did.

I would try and contact the seller. Sure you can see if you can return it which i think is highly unlikely but from them you should be able to get some sort of instructions. This will hopefully satisfy you until you decide on a more suitable quality vape!! The ones mentioned above are all great.

I think the VP210 looks like a "herbalaire" kinda setup? Maybe browse the herbalaire thread and look at some pictures in there to get an idea of how to work that kind of vape. The hose with the glass bulb sounds like it's a whip with a glass mouthpiece but i don't see how it would fit in with a bag blowing vaporizer :2c:

manchild,

stinkmeaner

First, I have to say it is pitifull that everyone knocks a guys purchase when they have not even a clue how it funtions in the first place. Who knows, this vape may "work" great for a first timer.

Second, I also find it funny that there are so many people that find this forum so easily right after they buy a cheaper Chinese model vaporizer, it is a shame that some don't do a quick Google search BEFORE they buy a vaporizer or any product for that matter.

With that said, I am with the others on the return idea. If you can return it then you would probably be better off with a product with a long standing reputation.

stinkmeaner,

max

Out to lunch
The 210 seems to be a digital bag fill unit. If it comes with no instructions, that's not good. If you bought it from a local shop, I'd think they could help you get it set up. Although the Top Vapor site says they provide a warranty, there doesn't seem to be any info on how long the warranty is, and if you have to return to them in China.... :rolleyes:

A digital vape with uncertain (unknown?) warranty status is risky, and this one doesn't seem to be one of the real cheap ones. If you haven't used it, I'd also suggest looking into a return and getting a more dependable vape-one with a good warranty.

max,

Ash

vaporist
Hey toketoke, I just re-read my earlier post and, wow, it didn't sound like that in my head, I swear. :uhoh:

I'm not nearly that big an @55h01e. Sorry.

Ash,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
:2c: got a bong go buy a craftsman heat gun or Makita another name for steinal . 110. from sears. and a vaporizer bowl.make sure the gun fits. only use for vaping instructions are on the vriptech site. I vape on 4.5. otherwise get a Launch Box and some extra batteries and have fun.:peace:
P.S.
from vriptech
"It is recommended that a new heat gun be used to avoid any possible residue contamination from prior utility use and that prior to vaporization usage the heat gun is first run at maximum temperature and maximum airflow in a well vented area for 20-30 minutes or longer with the fan on high to burn-off any residue from the production process that may be present."

jackstraw62,

PerseusStoned

stinkmeaner said:
First, I have to say it is pitifull that everyone knocks a guys purchase when they have not even a clue how it funtions in the first place. Who knows, this vape may "work" great for a first timer.

Second, I also find it funny that there are so many people that find this forum so easily right after they buy a cheaper Chinese model vaporizer, it is a shame that some don't do a quick Google search BEFORE they buy a vaporizer or any product for that matter.

With that said, I am with the others on the return idea. If you can return it then you would probably be better off with a product with a long standing reputation.
Its not about how it works, its about how its manufactured. If its from China, you know how its manufactured, ergo the knocking. I agree that there are too many people searching for product information after buying a vaporizer. It is heartening that so many other people don't and there is something to be said for impulse buying. If not a vaporizer, maybe a car, maybe a candy bar :p

Seconding the return idea however. Toketoketoke the site has no setup instructions, but maybe the link Beezelbub sent you will help give you an idea of how to set it up if you still want to use it.

Additionally these instructions (for a different vape) might help you ou.

PerseusStoned,

AgentGraves007

thought i'd throw this in -- luckily i was able to afford a da buddha, and i just found this site literally 1 day after that purchase, and i fully intend to read every thread related to it. i first went to my local store and the guy was really informative -- he said he only carries certain ones and he also said the box ones are usually not great. so i already was pretty much lookin' at the da buddha b/c that was the cheapest one he had that he said was decent. my roommate and i got it and figured it out last night -- we burned the material maybe 3-4 times total out of about 4 bowls of various kinds of material.

AgentGraves007,

steiner666

Serial vapist
AgentGraves007 said:
...my roommate and i got it and figured it out last night -- we burned the material maybe 3-4 times total out of about 4 bowls of various kinds of material.
Sorry if i'm just being a terminology-nazi here, but if you're saying that you actually burned the bowls, you'll want to turn the dial down. I don't usually turn mine up more than half way and I've only ever combusted once or twice, and those are times when the knob got bumped accidentally, and my god did all the hits taste awful after that, had to boil the glass parts and replace the hose.

anyways there's a vaporizer-specific thread for the DBV here http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=201

lots of other usage tips and pointers there too.

steiner666,

brandonflav

mastermind behind the great Vapor Caper
stinkmeaner said:
I know what you mean. I think it has to do with the headshop impulse buy. Come on, I know im not the only one it has happened to. Your at the shop and she catches your eye, shes beautiful. Shes a classy lady and will always be there for you. Then a week later you realize she nothing but a stupid bitch, so you beat her. Ok, so maybe that is just me; my bad.

brandonflav,

stinkmeaner

PerseusStoned said:
stinkmeaner said:

Its not about how it works, its about how its manufactured. If its from China, you know how its manufactured, ergo the knocking. I agree that there are too many people searching for product information after buying a vaporizer. It is heartening that so many other people don't and there is something to be said for impulse buying. If not a vaporizer, maybe a car, maybe a candy bar :p

Seconding the return idea however. Toketoketoke the site has no setup instructions, but maybe the link Beezelbub sent you will help give you an idea of how to set it up if you still want to use it.

Additionally these instructions (for a different vape) might help you ou.
When you clear your house of Chinese manufactured products you can make statements like this, until then.....

stinkmeaner,

lwien

stinkmeaner said:
When you clear your house of Chinese manufactured products you can make statements like this, until then.....
Agreed. Lots of good stuff manufactured in China, even some good vapes like Da Buddha and the Zephyr Ion. But there's a lot of crap made there also. They are the knock-off capital of the world, and believe me, it's not just vapes. They knock off EVERYTHING. lol. It's an industry unto itself.

lwien,

PerseusStoned

AgentGraves007, I think you made a great choice with Da Buddha for your first vape. I went with it too and its only treated me right. I would suggest turning it down quite a bit, I normally keep it at about 11o'clock, but that can change based on how often you're hitting it. It is not a very group-friendly vape though :( A good trick is keep a mousepad under your wand, in case it gets pulled out.

stinkmeaner said:
I'm pretty sure I can make statements like this regardless :/

PerseusStoned,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom