My new Iolite is not doing what I want, choosing another.. Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lusi

Hi,

I'm a newbie to all of this... 2 months now. I need a vape for medicinal use, so I bought a cheap light bulb and straw type (Vapo 2?) before I'd ever considered sampling my first herbs. I had 1 1/2 months of this gadget where i either got great vapes, or went too far and torched everything, sending my coughing and gasping for air and an inhaler. (allergic to smoke!) Well, this $15 primitive advice at least gave me a chance to safely sample herbs to see if this is all something that will help my pain and other things. AFter falling asleep too many times and frying my hands on the hot bulb, I had enough of this gadget.

I researched the safest, easiest, most affordable, and most efficient of the portable vapes. (I travel a lot) I decided on the Iiolite, 3 weeks ago. I also had many strains to sample for best medicinal use. Many kinds and potencies that all react differently when vaped!!

This iolite might be really good s=for others, bt it was just the wrong choice for me. When I wake up in the night with pain, I can't wait 10 minutes for it to heat up and cool down, turning my needed 2 hits into more than 8 until it cools.Otherwise, the vape is wasted. Them I have too much and feel too funky! It also eats fuel and runs to hot I've burnt my lips and left them stuck to that mouthpiece. My hands are even getting cooked.

After much more thought, I've decided ehay I need the most in a vaporizer.
-I don't vape anywhere but in the house, but i don't want a cord.
-I want to control how many hits i take and when. For longer lasting, I'd like to take one hit at a item and wait to see if it was enough, then take spaced out hits, perhaps 10 minutes apart.
-internationally portable is swell
- more cool vapes (to iolite hot)
-still user friendly
-no warm up time!
- under $100
-vapes hot enough to at least 180 Celcius, 220 better

About hit control... I can can put the same amount of three different strains and get 2 form one and 20 from another. never knew when it was finished in the Iolite, until it cooled and i coudl look.

I've only seen 3 that might fill the bill. Perhaps soem other people have other ideas or comments on the ones I know of? There's a lot of info already on these for thiw site, but I think only users of these vapes can answer my questions. So fire away, bad and good ideas!

1) Launch box
pr0: control. size, no flame, instant
con: battery life? How many minutes? Internaational travel, must bring computer and charger, or buy a lot of batteries... I assume. breakable?!

2) Vapor Genie
pro: small, simple, hard to break, faster than many others, hit control
can: have to use a lighter... fun with my ceiling fan, lighter controlled temp is hit or miss and things could burn like my glass bulb vape, my narcopepsy has kicked in while I'm holding a lighter... so I'm a bit fearful of toasting my hands again! Smoke my be in the vapor mix, I'm allergic
3) Vaporpipe
pros: pencil size, double glass with screen, fast
cons: lots of reloading, very breakable, flame powered, burning potential is still possible I think.. I drop things a lot!

Are there any others to consider!!??

TY for the help. I need one for dad too, but must yest these for use with arthritis, we both have.

Lusi,

rukus13

Except for your portability really one of the PD or MZ style vapes fit your bill. They can be left on so no warm up time. The bowl is really small allowing you to fine tune dosage. You can easily get an adapter that will work internationally. They never scorch anything. Unfortunately they aren't under 100 dollars and they do have a cord. I think a cord is a small inconvenience though. The problem with the pipes just like your bulb is that if you don't know what your doing you'll ignite it plus you gotta carry around a lighter and figure all this mess out. So much easier to pack a stem and pop it in and your ready to go. I don't think the PD or MZ is for everyone but it fits most of your requirements. Maybe you should reconsider.

rukus13,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Lusi said:
After much more thought, I've decided ehay I need the most in a vaporizer.
-I don't vape anywhere but in the house, but i don't want a cord.
-I want to control how many hits i take and when. For longer lasting, I'd like to take one hit at a item and wait to see if it was enough, then take spaced out hits, perhaps 10 minutes apart.
-internationally portable is swell
- more cool vapes (to iolite hot)
-still user friendly
-no warm up time!
- under $100
-vapes hot enough to at least 180 Celcius, 220 better
I agree that you are going to have to compromise on this list. Only vape I'd recommend with that list is the LB and then you need to decide how far down the battery road you want to go. Other than replacing and carrying around batteries, this unit may be perfect for you. You are going to have to compromise something on that list...we're just not there yet as an industry, and the $100 ceiling means you are going to wait even longer. The PD might be perfect for you, except for your cord problem and your $100 max.

I suggest reading the PD and LB threads and deciding based on that information. If you decide on the PD but need it immediately, consider the myrtlezap...very similar and available.

Either way, welcome to the forum and I hope you find what works for you.

stickstones,

runner

Basshead
Honestly the LB sounds perfect for you. Batteries seem to be a non-issue once you get the right charger & batteries. It also has a lifetime warranty and seems durable enough. As for international travel, an adapter should do the trick.

runner,

sundaddy

It sounds like the MF Launch Box is your best bet, but be careful I think you can get smoke if you leave battery on too long. Good Luck.

sundaddy,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
you have to REALLY try to get smoke with the LB.....dont post mis-information/shit you *might* have heard someone else say :rolleyes:

and to the OP (lusi)...from everything you listed the Magic Flight Launch Box seems just right for you. Hope all goes well with your vapor experience.

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Lusi

TY everyone for input!

I've looked at the PD, MZ, LB, and VG more closely. All of these could fit me needs. My Iiolite just takes too long to heat and cool and is eating gas. There might be something wrong with it though. The company has really good customer service.

On further thought, what I actually need is something as easy and quick as a pill. I wake up in extreme pain and can quickly take a hit or two to relieve it and go back to sleep. Better yet, I can have enough pre-loaded take get me through the night 3-4 times at 1-2 hits each. Another thing to consider is that I'll be moving in 1/2 a year and unable to use MJ, unless the state I move to next decides to ever join the other 12. I will have to switch to the oil until i move again. ;-( Low cost is really important, especially since I already spent so much on the Iiolite. As for cords, I can't just ad an adapter to the MZ or PD to use it, it would blow the heating device up. I'd have to have a transformer to tote around too. That just can't be done!

LB seems obvious choice based on this info! However, I need a bit more info on all of these devices that I'm not seeing on the websites. Temp! I read about people taking finished product from one vape and still getting a lot of hits from a different vape. This sounds very wasteful! I don't know the combustion temp... Anyone? it looks like 250 Celcius will get everything useful vaped. 220 is OK too? Here's a list of boiling points, and what MJ properties are good for what. http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5188/cannabinoids2.jpg

Does anyone know the temps that the MZ and LB run at? Based on all the other info people have given me, I'd go for the LB, if it's hot enough not to waste product! When I someday have a home in a good spot, MZ or PZ looks good. I'd like the temps these run at too, for future reference.

Since the LB sounds like a winner so far, can someone get me the details on what temp it runs at? With breath control, it can get almost hot enough to burn? Are the tubes with it long enough to not fry you lips? Mine are still burnt from the iolite!

Lusi,

Beezleb

I would consider the Da Buddha Vaporizer as well as the warez 3/4g vape.

Except for the price and cord it fits your category and you control the temp and vape as far you want to vape a bowl. You can use small to large loads and to stop vaping simply remove the wand.

I would also take into consideration that the PD and MZ require slightly more effort to use compared to the typical whip vaporizer. This is not an issue for healthy people but if you have lung problems I would take that into consideration. Users have typically expressed the sensation being similar to a milkshake.

Beezleb,

chloe

Lusi said:
Since the LB sounds like a winner so far, can someone get me the details on what temp it runs at? With breath control, it can get almost hot enough to burn? Are the tubes with it long enough to not fry you lips? Mine are still burnt from the iolite!
i don't know what the temp runs at....you quickly get the hang of it so you control the type of hit you want...when it goes dark brown..i'm done with the trench...there's several attachments you can get...i think i have all of them...and yes it is long enough not to fry your lips..altho to be honest..even without using any attachments and going native...it doesn't burn me..i just prefer the vapor a lil cooler..so I use the longer hose or the longer stem depending on my mood.....when using the longer attachments...sometimes u don't even feel like you're gettn' any vapor until a few minutes pass and it hits ya :)

i don't know how your heat tolerance is, but just keep in mind the battery does run hot when you leave it in the unit...i typically do this (I don't bother removing the battery after each hit)..doesn't bother me..

I cannot recommend the LB enough.....also just lookn' at ur con list for the LB:

con: battery life? How many minutes? Internaational travel, must bring computer and charger, or buy a lot of batteries... I assume. breakable?!

you don't need to bring a computer....i just use a compact travelling charger that is as big as the palm of my hand....breakable?..i'm sure everything is breakable...i think what we're talkn' about is how durable it is....and this unit is VERY durable from what i can see....i've dropped it..no problem.....this is one of the features i really like about the box....it is very simple...not many parts to it...at under $100 I am considering buying another one for my wife to use but I think I will wait until the next model comes out...

chloe,

Lusi

Well, it sounds like the LB is a winner for me. I have rechargeable batteries and chargers for 220 and 110 voltage. The little USB charger sounds kind of cool. We have only a few electrical sockets and they are maxed out with extension cords.

So the $96 package has the USB charger and it is also usable in the wall? It contains the same things as the $88 package... brushes, bag, tubes, etc? I ask because the photo shows a recharger, batteries and some other thing. I want to make sure i get get the whole thing, especially that darn brush!

The hard part will be shipping to me. I hope they will.

Ohm what is the warranty on the LB?

Meanwhile, my Iiolite ate all my gas and I am stranded at home waiting until my husband returns in a few days and can get more. My medicine is coming from the glass bulb and pipe contraption.

My last two tries of the Iiolite, I ran it for 17.3 minutes and got no vapes. Next day 22 minutes with nothing. The gas was gone soon after. I hope the company can make fix it for me. I'll wait for the new gas, this time look for one of a certain brand (if I can find it!) and put one strain in there that has the strongest vapes. The darn thing isn't working right yet, but doesn't seem to be able to do what I need. Will keep trying! The company is very kind and is trying to help me out. I wish other things in my house came with such good service!!

I have a question about the Vapor Genie. My mum can't seem to quit smoking her last cigarette per day. She's been at the last one for years. Even dad's ling cancer hasn't stopped the habit. Can she use the Vapor Genie with tobacco? If so, is it a special kind that you buy besides rolling tobacco? I figured vaping it sounds safer than smoking it! DOes it need to be relit for each hit like with other herbs? Is it worth buying for her? I figured the pipe looks fairly normal and shouldn't be too strange for her.,, in public??

As for the PD and MZ... I like both of these and hope to buy one when I know where I live and what I can do... next.

TY for all the info!!;)

Lusi,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
lusi...I suggest looking into the ecigarette for your mom. One member here quit smoking easily after using it.

stickstones,

Lusi

My box is ordered!! :-)

I will keep my eyes to the design of the MZ and PD for some day in the future. make a dual voltage one and I'll snap it up. LOL

Does that ecigarette really TASTE like a ciggy? How bizarre!! Wouldn't the VG with some harmless herb in it work for less? I can't seem to find any blasted herbs to smoke in it though. :-( I'll pas sthe eciggy on to mum. TY!

Lusi,

UrDoinItWrong

Lusi it sounds like your iolite might not be working properly, or you might just not be all that proficient with it ;). Either way, it seems like even if it was working 100% it wouldn't meet all of your needs. The PD or the VG sound like great options for you; the VG in particular in terms of portability, simplicity and instant gratification. With minimal practice it is easy as pie to use the VG without fear of combustion, and it's power source (lighters) are available EVERYWHERE! I would def look into perhaps troubleshooting/repairing your iolite for future use, it is def my favorite portable vape and can also be easily used without burning your lips ;). GL Lusi! I hope you find something that works well for you!!!

UrDoinItWrong,

runner

Basshead
Lusi said:
My box is ordered!! :-)

I will keep my eyes to the design of the MZ and PD for some day in the future. make a dual voltage one and I'll snap it up. LOL

Does that ecigarette really TASTE like a ciggy? How bizarre!! Wouldn't the VG with some harmless herb in it work for less? I can't seem to find any blasted herbs to smoke in it though. :-( I'll pas sthe eciggy on to mum. TY!
Be sure to post a review. I'm looking at getting a LB also (although not for pain management).

runner,

Lusi

Well, I got my Launch Box in the mail today! My cat helped me unwrap it and rub her white hair all over the felt bag. Everything fits easily into the bag, including the USB charger. The batteries came already charged and ready to go!

The little wooden box is made of birch, salvaged from fallen trees. It has a nice tangy smell. The launch box is the size of a pack of gum. it's easy to see exactly how it was made and works... no mysteries. Wood, copper wire, stainless staple and clip, and a very fine screen. The batteries with the case and the few rubber bands to hold the cleaning brush and acrylic mouthpieces was thoughtful. it came all ready to go! I also ordered the USB port charger. It's much more convenient than fighting cords for outlet space.

My trial one was pretty good. Other medicinal users might like that they have complete control of using this device like a pill. Push the battery in, take a hit, pull it out and flip. About as fast too. :-) I I guess I used some wet herbs since the plexi had condensation all over it. Still worked great and only got a bit fried my first try.

I'll write more after I've used this a bit. :p

Lusi,

max

Out to lunch
Glad you like it Lusi, but you've now moved from asking to reporting, so please use the iolite thread in Vaporizer Discussion for any further comments. :)

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom