My First Vaporizer; MFLB or Pinnacle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boblawblaw

Hello all ive been surfing around this forum for a while now doing some research on which vape i am going to buy as my first one. I have tried the MFLB and do like it but ive found a pinnacle for around the smae price as the mflb and was wondering which one is better. Id like to get some feedback from users of either or both vapes. Thanks

Pcpvapors

The magic flight is true stealth due to the instantaneous heat up time, as far as the pinnacle goes it has a couple quirks but some seem to like it. All depends on what you're wanting in a vaporizer.

chimpybits

Hi boblawblaw. The MFLB and the Pinnacle are quite different approaches. The MFLB is a one-hitter style portable and the Pinnacle is a session style portable. Pakalolo explains the differences in a recent post here.

I've given up on the MFLB and am looking forward to receiving my Pinnacle Pro, but some swear by the MFLB. Some (me included) find the hits to be too small and crappy tasting in the MFLB; others have more success.

The most commonly recommended portable on these forums is the Arizer Solo (session style vape) and I would guess that prior to that it was the MFLB. The Solo is imo a better recommendation for noobs as it more easily produces prodigious vapour than the MFLB (which has a higher learning curve). The MBLB is akin to driving a manual transmission; whereas the Solo (and the Pinnacle and other session style vapes) is akin to driving an automatic.

chimpybits,
Reactions: ataxian

Jahannum

(。´∀`)ノ
The most commonly recommended portable on these forums is the Arizer Solo (session style vape) and I would guess that prior to that it was the MFLB. The Solo is imo a better recommendation for noobs as it more easily produces prodigious vapour than the MFLB (which has a higher learning curve).

I am about to buy a Solo for my first portable, was looking at the MFLB at first but more and more the Solo just grew on me as I read through this forum.

@Caligula THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!

honorface

vape weed; eat yogurt
Same here. Have the solo in my hands now. Well worth the extrra coin. It is a little to obvious to fall under the e-cig category like the pinnacle pro but damn it hits like a champ and has such a long battery to session ratio. For a first portable vape the solo makes me soo happy.

max

Out to lunch
chimpybits said:
The MFLB is a one-hitter style portable
Not unless you load an amount you can handle in one hit. I've owned one for a long time and have never used it as a one hitter. You can easily get quite a few hits if you load enough.

If you're going to post a recommendation people please stick to the 'either/or' choice that the OP provided.

max,

chimpybits

Not unless you load an amount you can handle in one hit. I've owned one for a long time and have never used it as a one hitter. You can easily get quite a few hits if you load enough.

If you're going to post a recommendation people please stick to the 'either/or' choice that the OP provided.
Sure, you can take quite a number of hits in succession and certainly have a session (or more) with a battery and a trench. This is what I typically did with my box.

However, the power is only applied when pressing in the battery and at that point, it is immediately available for hitting. Whereas many other portable, such as the Solo and the Pinnacle, one powers up the device, waits a few minutes and then one simply hits it as power is constantly being supplied. This power-up style Pakalolo calls session style and the apply-heat-and-hit-it style like the MFLB, Palm, etc Pakalolo calls one-hitter style.

The former style encourages sessions and the latter style encourages hits. In other words, with the Pinnacle, once warmed-up and so easily giving constant power, I expect I'd easily find myself taking hit after hit, really comprising a session; whereas, with the MFLB, I probably more easily hit it and quit it - grab it from my pocket (loaded trench), take a hit or 2, and think, I'm good. Perhaps a bit later, I'll take another hit or 2. This is easier (or at least following the design principles more) with a one-hitter style portable like the MFLB versus a session style portable like the pinnacle. One can certainly have a good session with a loaded MFLB and again, this is how I primarily used it. Which is partly why I'm somewhat confident that I won't miss the one-hitter aspect of my MFLB once I receive my PNP. I like sessions. (Anyway, I have my concentrate pen for an ultra-portable one-hitter).

I have myself only recently given thought to this session vs one-hitter style differentiation (with Pakalolo's post) and it's all only imo. Yeah I recommended the Solo in my previous post, but otherwise I think my central point about session style vs one-hitter style portable applies to the OP's request for comparisons of the "pinnacle" and the MFLB. My mentioning the Solo was simply to highlight the difference typically between the ease of use of session style portables vs one-hitter style. Having used the MFLB and the Solo - but not the PN - I felt confident recommending the Solo over the MFLB based on ease-of-use (noob appeal).

OK, done rambling. Off for a walk with my pen.

EDIT. Did you read Pakalolo's post?

Last edited:

vorrange

Vapor.wise
IMO, through my personal experience and of others close to me, the MFLB is not a good vaporizer for someone who is starting to vaporize.

It is not a very good vapor producer in comparison to others, because it uses conduction to extract the goodies. Vapour output has a psychological effect, especially for newbies, and also helps them gauge the size of the hit.

It is also a bit more difficult to master technique than other vaporizers, and it requires a very fine grind for the best results.

So, i would choose the Pinnacle.

max

Out to lunch
chimpybits said:
Sure, you can take quite a number of hits in succession and certainly have a session (or more) with a battery and a trench. This is what I typically did with my box.

However, the power is only applied when pressing in the battery and at that point, it is immediately available for hitting. Whereas many other portable, such as the Solo and the Pinnacle, one powers up the device, waits a few minutes and then one simply hits it as power is constantly being supplied. This power-up style Pakalolo calls session style and the apply-heat-and-hit-it style like the MFLB, Palm, etc Pakalolo calls one-hitter style.
That makes sense but it's a different definition of 'one hitter' than the traditional one, which is one hit and the bowl is done. Off hand I can't think of another model that applies the vaping temp like the MF, so I can't go with a description that doesn't apply to more models.

boblawblaw said:
Id like to get some feedback from users of either or both vapes. Thanks
And we'd like to see you respond to the feedback you've gotten so far. Hope you didn't forget about your thread.

chimpybits

That makes sense but it's a different definition of 'one hitter' than the traditional one, which is one hit and the bowl is done. Off hand I can't think of another model that applies the vaping temp like the MF, so I can't go with a description that doesn't apply to more models.

And we'd like to see you respond to the feedback you've gotten so far. Hope you didn't forget about your thread.
Yes you are right about being a different definition of 'one hitter' - that is also how I've understood one hitter. It is misleading in that sense. I now see that I should have quoted some clarifying text from Pak's post instead of just linked to the post. We need other terms perhaps? Hit-heat vs session-heat? power-on-demand vs constant power?

In terms of other hit-heat models here is more from Pakalolo: "...One-hitter style means the load gets heated only when you're hitting it. All the flame-based devices are like that, so is the LB. Other battery-powered one-hitters include the Firewood, the Palm (both versions), the Volta, and my favourite, the FlashVAPE. One-hitter style devices have a learning curve and require some technique."

So, perhaps enough models to merit the differentiation. But now we're off-topic from that of the OP. Speaking of whom ...

... boblawblaw ...?

david_cross_says_season_4_of_arrested_developmen.jpg

Last edited:
chimpybits,

max

Out to lunch
Another, broader category for the MF could be 'instant on/off'. That would include flame powered portables.

As for MF or PN it depends on what attributes you value. For me it's the MF. I know how to use it, although it can be aggravating, and I don't need big hits out of it. I find it the very best for just the opposite -small But that's just me and mr bob would just as likely prefer the Pinnacle.

boblawblaw

Sorry ive been busy the past couple of days. Im not sure whether id prefer this one-hitter type or a session style one. :huh: but i would be using this in both by myself and with others so should i stay prepared and get the pinnacle? also i dont want people that dont know how to use the mflb to start combusting in the unit.

Saying that the one thing driving me away from the pinnacle is that people have said theres a plastic taste. Ive never actually tried the pinnacle which is why its tough for me to decide against the mflb which i have tried and did have a good experience with.

Also, is the solo really worth basically double the price of both of the mflb and the pn?

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Well apparently this confusion is all my fault... :lol:

@max, @chimpybits summarizes my description quite well. I'd like to draw attention to the qualifier style, which perhaps I should have emphasized more. The idea I was trying to get across is that you take one hit and put it away, not that you finish the trench in a single hit.

max

Out to lunch
Well apparently this confusion is all my fault... :lol:

@max, @chimpybits summarizes my description quite well. I'd like to draw attention to the qualifier style, which perhaps I should have emphasized more. The idea I was trying to get across is that you take one hit and put it away, not that you finish the trench in a single hit.
I got that (although it wasn't clear initially), but accepting new definitions at my age isn't easy. I often resist these days.

boblawblaw said:
Saying that the one thing driving me away from the pinnacle is that people have said theres a plastic taste. Ive never actually tried the pinnacle which is why its tough for me to decide against the mflb which i have tried and did have a good experience with.
The MF can be unimpressive to new users (or impress the wrong way if you apply heat too long) due to the learning curve, so you need to decide how much ease of use for others means to you.

The Solo is s different category of portable- small but not a pocket portable. It'll perform much more like a home unit though-easier to use and more impressive to those new to vaporizing.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
@boblawblaw I don't feel you can go wrong with either the Magic Flight or the Pinnacle. They are both fine little vapes I use 'em both regularly and at the moment wouldn't want to be without both. But you should really read through the MFLB and Pinnacle threads and read and watch videos to decide which would serve your needs best at this time, Because you know later on if you stick around FC you'll probably own both.
Good luck and welcome to FuckCombustion.

I to have been using "one Hitter" to describe the MFLB, FlashVape, Palm, Palm 2.0 and Volta since all of them allow you to pick them up and take one hit without roasting all your herb like a "Session" style vaporizer. I do often use my flame powered vapes the VG and VaporLithe to take a hit now and a hit later.

Its a New world filled with sweet Vapor that redefines how we benefit from MJ so maybe the definitions of terms we used when blazing are changing when we begin applying them to vaporizers.:rockon:

Last edited:

boblawblaw

Im about to head out to my local head shops to see what kinda vapes they have there specifically the mflb & pinnacle itd be nice to see the together. My use for the vape wouldn`t necessarily be for the stealthiest vaping, its more just in my room or at a friends house. I`m not too concerned about being able to vape say in a crowded mall or something.

Just got back the mflb was there it was like 125$, solo was 250$ and no pinnacle sadly, but there was a new one ive never seen before. It was called the twister, anyone know anything about it?

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
Im about to head out to my local head shops to see what kinda vapes they have there specifically the mflb & pinnacle itd be nice to see the together. My use for the vape wouldn`t necessarily be for the stealthiest vaping, its more just in my room or at a friends house. I`m not too concerned about being able to vape say in a crowded mall or something.

Just got back the mflb was there it was like 125$, solo was 250$ and no pinnacle sadly, but there was a new one ive never seen before. It was called the twister, anyone know anything about it?

Don't ever buy a vape From a head shop unless you like having your wallet raped. As was stated before you can get these units for almost $100 less by buying from one of the F C vendors such as puffitup.com or planetvape.ca

I got my solo from PUFF for $160 with free shipping and it came with a free 4 piece aluminum grinder and a bag of fine mesh screens. No tax either.

boblawblaw

Don't ever buy a vape From a head shop unless you like having your wallet raped. As was stated before you can get these units for almost $100 less by buying from one of the F C vendors such as puffitup.com or planetvape.ca

I got my solo from PUFF for $160 with free shipping and it came with a free 4 piece aluminum grinder and a bag of fine mesh screens. No tax either.

Thanks!! that would make more sense then spending so much more :).

You can get a solo for $160 from both PlanetVape and PuffItUp by using coupon codes.
I just checked and you are right!!! so this is most likely going to be my purchase since its only 60$ more and this vape is praised by everyone so much! Thanks everyone!!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

I got my first SOLO for $300!

The local Smoke Shop gave me a free SPACE CASE.
OK they saw me coming.
It still works perfect 2 yrs and 3 months latter so I think it was a fair price at the time.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
add a lotus to my list, badd ass little vape for sure.:tup:
I mean it has its purpose as a solo or pinnacle pro would also.
A few of my buddies did not like the MFLB , but i have not tried it to comment.

1. Pinnacle Pro
2. Lotus
3. Solo

no particular order. :bigleaf:

BLAZING OG,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom