My Dog Is A Vapor Hound

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Just had an incident where GF's Golden Retriever ate 1-3 peanut butter cookies, each containing ~1g lightly vaped ABV. Honestly, I have no real idea how much ABV; I just used 5 months worth to make cookies. The cookies went right from the oven to the outdoor patio (-10F). Well, I forgot about the cookies, and a few hours after putting them out to cool, I had to put the 4 dogs outside. The Golden Retriever, a 100 lb brute, musta just leaned over a tad and scarfed up some goodies.

In the last hour, the dog has become rather zombie like, mostly sleeping. GF tells me that he was standing there in the kitchen, watching me cook, and doing nothing else other than stare and drool. After managing to get the dog downstairs, he couldn't stand up straight. Not bobbing his head, he listed to the right and stared blankly. He's been placed on the couch where he can be observed/monitored.

2 seconds ago I asked him if he wanted to go for a car ride. The eyes blinked, and that's it.

Tom

[edit: 4-6 hours post ingestion- the dog can stagger, barely manage to get outside, fell flat on his face on the couch, and scarfed down a hot dog. He's crashed again.]

[edit 2: about 18 hours post ingestion, and although the dog (Biggles) is still buzzed, he can walk....sort of. For some reason he's afraid to go outside. GF thinks his vision might be a bit wonky, and the edges of objects might be moving or undulating. He'll walk up to something (e.g. the wall) and just stop and stare. Sleeps a lot but otherwise okay.]

tdavie,

5446ThatsMyNumber

momofthegoons, your dog is boss! sorry Cosmo yaked and didn't enjoy the trip.
&
tdavie, that's pretty funny man.
aside from being disoriented, cannabis can't be that bad for canines, can it?

5446ThatsMyNumber,

TerrorTurkey

Pappy said:
momofthegoons said:
My dog used to hate it when I smoked. He would always shy away with this disgusted look. Now that I vape, he's right there by my side, loving on the vapor. You know, dogs are pretty smart.
.... Just like mine....

weird, my dog loves smoke and will lick it right out of my mouth if i let her, but doesnt like vapor and will leave if i try to give her a hit.

picture004yfm.jpg

TerrorTurkey,

Pappy

shmaporist
tdavie said:
GF thinks his vision might be a bit wonky, and the edges of objects might be moving or undulating.
Probably got stoned and thought he was human.

Pappy,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
About 19 hours post ingestion, and he is moving 'almost' normally, pausing at the stairs (I help him up and down), hesitating at walking through a door, walking over a cat, and freezing at the oddest things (seems almost frightened of plush covered squeeky toys). I had to physically carry him outside at -24C/-12F so he could pee. He just did not want to go outside at that temperature (previously, he has been outside for 2-3 hours at -25F). He came inside willingly, and on his own.

Perhaps not unsurprisingly....quite an appetite when he cares to move.

My opinion/feeling is that he will be baseline within 12 hours.

Just so this might help other pet owners who face accidental ingesttion on the part of a dog;

Male Golden Retriever
Weight: a *very* healthy and muscular 100 lbs (~45 kilo)
Ingested: from 0.75-1.50 g ABV (lightly toasted, about 1/3 each Indica, Sativa and mix, quality average to very good)

He was, and is given constant access to fresh, filtered water.

Seems pretty good to me; I'll update sometime after Meet The Press tomorrow morning.

Tom

tdavie,

Pappy

shmaporist
Good work! Like I said he got stoned and thought he was human. What human in their right mind would go outside to pee when it's 12F? :lol:

Pappy,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Glad to hear Biggles is feeling better. Mine seemed afraid to go outside too and definitely needed carrying for the first 5 hours or so.
freezing at the oddest things (seems almost frightened of plush covered squeeky toys).
:lol: you should have seen Cosmo when the cat came up to the window. He looked like there was a lion outside.

momofthegoons,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
About 34 hours post ingestion, and Biggles the Golden Retriever is 100%, or as close to that as I can tell. Eating' going outside and begging normally. Looks like he's ready to go for a walk.

Tom

tdavie,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Just thought I'd post this pic that GF took of Biggles when he was 'much better' after ingesting from 0.75-1.50 g ABV. Notice the sinister, bloodshot eyes. GF was worried.

Tom

tdavie,
Top Bottom