My Dog Is A Vapor Hound

Pappy

shmaporist
Used to run but now he comes...
5152930667_046fd8d346_z.jpg

Pappy,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I saw your pics in the "show your set up" thread. What a cutie. I always like to see people who love their dogs.

My dog used to hate it when I smoked. He would always shy away with this disgusted look. Now that I vape, he's right there by my side, loving on the vapor. You know, dogs are pretty smart. ;)

momofthegoons,

Pappy

shmaporist
momofthegoons said:
My dog used to hate it when I smoked. He would always shy away with this disgusted look. Now that I vape, he's right there by my side, loving on the vapor. You know, dogs are pretty smart.
Thanks! Just like mine. Actually, I lost Buddy (from vape setup). This is Elvis, his cousin.

Pappy,

Pappy

shmaporist
momofthegoons said:
Here's my vape hound, Cosmo:
Adorable, they look related. :D
PS: Didn't mean to imply I lost Buddy from vaporizing. :rolleyes: He passed away.

Pappy,

lwien

Pappy said:
What tells me you have a cat? :p
:( Don't get me started. I'm living in a place which doesn't allow any pets. I'm so bummed. The last home I had, I had a cat, 2 dogs. Before that, I lived in Topanga Canyon with 2 cats, 2 dogs (a Goldie/Lab mix and a Boarder Collie) , and a horse.

I miss mah animals..............a lot.

Talk about cats. One of the cats I had was a HUGE Siamese named Deacon. He used to chase off coyotes.

lwien,

Pappy

shmaporist
lwien said:
Pappy said:
What tells me you have a cat? :p
:( Don't get me started. I'm living in a place which doesn't allow any pets. I'm so bummed. The last home I had, I had a cat, 2 dogs. Before that, I lived in Topanga Canyon with 2 cats, 2 dogs (a Goldie/Lab mix and a Boarder Collie) , and a horse.
What a drag! Why don't you post their pictures? Vapor cats are welcome here too. ;)

Pappy,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
lwien said:
momofthegoons said:
Here's my vape hound, Cosmo:

As in...........Topper? :)

Cute pooches, all.

Yes!!! :lol: For once someone who knows the reference. Usually, people think it's Kramer from Seinfeld.

Sorry you can't have your pets with you. That's just not right.

momofthegoons,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I have a little "Blue Kitty" that all but BEGS when I step out. He is so funny about that sometimes.
My other one(s) run and hide basically, I think the wispiness of the smoke/vapor scares them.

AGBeer,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Rather than start a new thread about this (although one might be merited), I have a question for all of you out there that might have a dog and had this same experience.

Yesterday, my "special" abv jar flipped over and about 1 - 2 doobs worth of abv from kind herb, used in a Zap, got spilled on the carpet. Was going to vacuum, but shortly afterwards, the power went out and I couldn't. Not having power sort of wiped the memory of the spill out of my head. Well, this morning, my little darling must have gone up there and snuffed/licked it all up. Either that or he's gotten into something else. About 9:00, I noticed his head was sort of wobbling back and forth and that he was having difficulties walking. It is now a little after noon and his walking is still impaired, although he is a little less listless. He has also vomited a bit of green/brown liquid. I feel just terrible and am a little worried, although logic tells me this is a small amount (he's 25 pounds) and most of the thc was vaped out of the herb. :( My feeling is he's just having a bit of a white knuckle ride; poor baby.

Any of you had this experience with your dog?

momofthegoons,

caseball2051

poor little guy. hope you at least gave him some food :lol:

Im sure youve thought of this, but would giving the vet a call be a good idea? If the dog is throwing up, he could be rejecting the herb and it could be making him sick. I tend to think that itll eventually be OK for him though.

I am not a vet though. I hope heturns out ok! keep us updated, and informed.

caseball2051,

Pappy

shmaporist
So sorry to hear that. Do keep an eye on him because it may or may not be related to ABV. He may have gotten into something else (probably not). If he doesn't come around take him to a vet. What you're describing could also be (but probably isn't) a seizure. Give him some time and watch him. Good luck.

Pappy,

Flyer

your local vet may be able to help you on the phone, maybe a lick or 2 of whle mile may slow things down a bit. Do you still have green lawn, maybe let him cruise outised see if he goes for some grass (lawn), I think it is good for there tummy.

Flyer,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Thanks guys. There's only been one instance of vomiting and there wasn't much. He ate a big breakfast around 8:30, so you would think if he was really purging, it all would have come out. (sorry for the grossness) Like I said, he's a tad more responsive since doing that. I have contemplated going to the vet, but since he seems a tiny bit better, I'm holding off. This is usually a highly active, somewhat neurotic dog so his behavior is not normal. Even the cat across the street didn't get a rise out of him. Usually, that is enough to put him into a whining frenzy; totally red zone. Not today.

I really think this is an abv related event. I've googled the heck out of it, and most of the "symptoms" match. The only other med he would've gotten into would have had more serious sides. I'm giving it until 3:00, then I'll make my final decision vet wise. By then, one would think he would have "come down" a bit more, since he seems a bit better already. I will say that I know of dogs that have ingested a lot more than this, and it wasn't vaped already, that have been just fine. It's just scary when it's your own dog.

What a freaking trip. Reminds me of many a Sunday where my kids would spike a fever and we would have to go to emergency. You'd think once you have an empty nest that this would smooth out. Oh no. I have to go get this crazy puppy and worry about him.

momofthegoons,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
No, not technically. He's two. But I'm still going through a little puppy stuff, like sneaking off with socks and occasional chewing/eating of things he shouldn't (tissues and sticks are his personal fave). Drop it ws one of the first commands I worked with him on. :rolleyes:
He's much better now than he was earlier. He is more responsive and alert, although still pretty lackluster compared to his usual self. Way too peaceful around here. But, I'm not as worried as I was. Poor baby. This was not a fun day for him. I would say that this proves that there is something left in that abv! Except, it was supposed to be me, not him! :lol: Also proves that I need to be a whole lot more careful. I've been feeling like a pretty bad "mom" all day.

Thanks again for everyone's concern.

momofthegoons,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
momofthegoons said:
Rather than start a new thread about this (although one might be merited), I have a question for all of you out there that might have a dog and had this same experience.

Yesterday, my "special" abv jar flipped over and about 1 - 2 doobs worth of abv from kind herb, used in a Zap, got spilled on the carpet. Was going to vacuum, but shortly afterwards, the power went out and I couldn't. Not having power sort of wiped the memory of the spill out of my head. Well, this morning, my little darling must have gone up there and snuffed/licked it all up. Either that or he's gotten into something else. About 9:00, I noticed his head was sort of wobbling back and forth and that he was having difficulties walking. It is now a little after noon and his walking is still impaired, although he is a little less listless. He has also vomited a bit of green/brown liquid. I feel just terrible and am a little worried, although logic tells me this is a small amount (he's 25 pounds) and most of the thc was vaped out of the herb. :( My feeling is he's just having a bit of a white knuckle ride; poor baby.

Any of you had this experience with your dog?

LOL Dont worry he will be fine. I made the same mistake (sorta) with my dog and he is a much smaller dog. (See - Lap dog sized)

I took what I believe to be about 3g of (lightly toasted) ABV and mixed it with some cheese. He gobbled that stuff up in a hurry and all was well for about an hour or so. My initial intent was to mellow him enough to give him a haircut, but obviously I went overboard.

He had the exact same symptoms your dog did (couldnt focus, lost his balance while lying down and tried not to fall, head bobbing like Stevie Wonder etc) and of course he puked too. BUT -
He was like this for 3 days straight! I will admit that I was worried at first (the wife was mortified) but after assuring her he would NOT die she mellowed. I felt really bad about giving him a 3 day white knuckle ride, but he is fine. (Like it never happened)

AGBeer,

Pappy

shmaporist
momofthegoons said:
I've been feeling like a pretty bad "mom" all day
Shit happens, don't take it out on yourself. He sounds adorable and like a good test! Elvis, my 5 year old was born mischievous. In addition to being a vapor hound he's a snot-rag hound! :lol: Always sneaking my snot rags and puking them up. :lol: :p :D

Pappy,

crawdad

floatin
my dog usually drops out well before i light up so is not around it much but my cat got introduced accidentally and now seems to look forward to it. right about the time i usually light up at night he wants to go out to my usual spot, just sits there and stares...for a long while. pretty sure he is seeing things, but i dont know...its a cat.

crawdad,

Nycdeisel

I got a little pup myself, less then a year old, and is so damn adorable. I always keep him in another room if im smoking(and I even take extra steps to rid the room Im in of smoke, amyway), since I know that could be offensive to him.
However, while vaporizing, I normally dont take chances(in case I have an accident and spill something, etc), but if hes there, I dont complain, I love his company. Sometimes I will sit down and start hitting my vape, and after I finish the hit I will look down and hes sitting right there staring at me with those cute puppy dog eyes. :dog: :haw:

Then I lose focus and end up rolling around on the floor playing with him

Nycdeisel,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
AGBeer said:
head bobbing like Stevie Wonder

:lmao: Exactly!!

Pappy said:
In addition to being a vapor hound he's a snot-rag hound!
Seriously! What is it about used kleenex that is so appealing? :lol: Let me tell you from personal experience with dogs, however, that it could be much worse than kleenex.

My little man is doing much better tonight. He's got a bit of sparkle back and is walking around a bit. Even gave a few kisses, which he hadn't done all day (totally unusual). So I'm not beating myself up quite as much. Yeah, mischievous would be a good description of this guy. That and full of beans. And now, fortunately, not full of abv. :)

momofthegoons,
Top Bottom