Must choose an electric portable....

Where to land?

• Total voters

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
So I LOVE butane powered vapes for being off the grid, but I need something more discrete and electric.

I only have funds for one more vape purchase this year and looking for advise.

I have currently narrowed down what I think I want:
Haze
Firefly
Mighty
MiniVap

Do any of you have experience with all three?
What are some of the major differences between them?

My most important quality I am looking for is little/no draw restriction. That is why I love my nano, plenty and lotus! I want to breath it in freely, and not "sip" like one does with the Pax. I hate trying to inhale through a coffee stirrer.

Following draw restriction, I am concerned with flavor and vapor quality, how easy it is to clean, fastest heat-up, and that it gets high enough temp to thoroughly vape materials, and something with a low likelihood of accidental combustion.... although I am not very concerned of accidental combustion as getting to know the device and learning technique will help substantially.

Based on the above, what do you think I might like the best?

Any and all feedback is appreciated!

Last edited:
FlyingLow,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Only because I know nothing about it:) How would you compare it to the ones listed?

I am leaning on your experience, I know you are well studied in Vapes!
Have you tried all these?

At a glance, I think the MiniVap is more than I am willing to spend right now (I had no idea they were so expensive!). $100 per battery is whoa tough to do... about to get married and just took on a mortgage.

FlyingLow,

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Gonna say mighty but have no experience with the others. I can say that the mighty has very little draw resistance and very even extraction

VapourHaze,
Reactions: FlyingLow

lwien

Only because I know nothing about it:) How would you compare it to the ones listed?

I am leaning on your experience, I know you are well studied in Vapes!
Have you tried all these?

At a glance, I think the MiniVap is more than I am willing to spend right now (I had no idea they were so expensive!). $100 per battery is whoa tough to do... about to get married and just took on a mortgage.

Sorry to say that I don't have experience with the other vapes listed but from my experience with the Mini and having read so much about the other vaporizers on your list, I do think it should be part of your decision making process. For me, it's one of the absolute best vaporizers that I have ever used let alone one of the most efficient and this includes desktops as well.

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
If you've got the money, I'm biased toward the MV. I've used all of the three you are asking about, but only once and I liked the Mighty the best. But based on what you've said, unless you need it now, I would check out what is coming out from the Zion guys. The smaller one they are working on now should be right down your alley, and cheap, too!

Mr. Me2

So I LOVE butane powered vapes for being off the grid, but I need something more discrete and electric.

I only have funds for one more vape purchase this year and looking for advise.

I have currently narrowed down what I think I want:
Haze
Firefly
Mighty

Do any of you have experience with all three?
What are some of the major differences between them?

My most important quality I am looking for is little/no draw restriction. That is why I love my nano, plenty and lotus! I want to breath it in freely, and not "sip" like one does with the Pax. I hate trying to inhale through a coffee stirrer.

Following draw restriction, I am concerned with flavor and vapor quality, how easy it is to clean, fastest heat-up, and that it gets high enough temp to thoroughly vape materials, and something with a low likelihood of accidental combustion.... although I am not very concerned of accidental combustion as getting to know the device and learning technique will help substantially.

Based on the above, what do you think I might like the best?

Any and all feedback is appreciated!
I almost hate to say it, but the ff may be best for you based on your criteria (but I don't have experience with the Haze). I don't have experience with the Mighty, but I have the Crafty, so I'll just extrapolate...

The Crafty has the least draw resistance, but the ff isn't bad. The ff flavor is the best, but The Crafty isn't far behind and is more consistent through an oven load. Firefly is hands down the easiest to clean and maintain and has the fastest heat up (pure convection) by a wide margin.

Having said all that, I have found the ff too finicky with the temp and need to stir (I too often char the material). But if you get everything just right, you can't beat it. The Crafty is now my go-to and I rarely use my ff. But I may still be in the Crafty honeymoon stage...it is my most recent acquisition. Hope this helps!

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Mighty if you want no draw restriction, amazing vapor production, complete extraction.

FF beats it on flavor, style, and on-demand use. Frankly I find they complement each other extremely well. Wouldn't wanna live without both at this point.

Never tried the Haze...

mitchgo61,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Thanks for the great input y'all!

I have just edited the survey to include the MV. I am not eager to spend heavy dollars for the MV or the Mighty, but I will make it happen if it is a purchase that kicks my ass and has a long lifespan.

@mitchgo61 ~ excellent info! What if you had to pick now and you could only take one of the two with you; which one would it be?

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Thanks for the great input y'all!

I have just edited the survey to include the MV. I am not eager to spend heavy dollars for the MV or the Mighty, but I will make it happen if it is a purchase that kicks my ass and has a long lifespan.

@mitchgo61 ~ excellent info! What if you had to pick now and you could only take one of the two with you; which one would it be?

Man. Sophie's Choice of vapes! :lol:

If "with you" means leaving the house, the FF. Smaller, tougher, easier for one hits. Staying in....or with others....gotta go Mighty.

I think I might tilt towards Mighty given you are looking for airy draw. (I don't know how the Mighty does it, but thick vapor with no restriction....amazing.) Mighty also has ZERO learning curve....19 months with the FF and I still have occasional technique challenges.

Price is also a factor. Get Randy at PIU to match a good price (335 I got mine for) and that would push me to the Mighty.

It's got a lot of plastic, and next to the FF it's ugly. But what a machine. It's been my main vape since I got it....but it's only been three weeks, so we are still honeymooning. :p:nod:

mitchgo61,

MinnBobber

If you can squeeze out the extra $$, no question in my mind--the miniVAP.
Mighty is a close second.
Not as much flavor as the mV but close.
Not as efficient with herb as the mV, but close.
Not as much battery life as the mV, but close. mV can get extra battery, Mighty-no.
Cleaning, not even close. mV with baskets almost never needs cleaning. Mighty needs regular cleaning
Mv is a desktop AND a portable with the extra $$ AC puck
Mighty has snazzy temp readout and infinite temps.
mV has 4 temps to pick from.
Mighty max temp is 410 F
mV temp max is 440 F
mV has dozens of use options: mouthpiece, whip, glass mouthpiece, hydratube, bubbler via whip. bubbler via inverted mV, etc
Mighty smaller/ more discreet
mV "wire basket modules" are the best thing since sliced bread. Remove and load remotely.
Mighty loading is not as easy, it barely stands up by itself, if you stick poker out sideways--wtf

I own mV and regularly use a friend's Mighty. The Mighty is excellent unit, probably in top 5 vapes made today BUT even he says miniVAP is better all around.
You really can't go wrong as either is top grade--depends what features are most important to you.

herbivore21

FWIW I think you'll be most happy with the MV or the Mighty. I can vouch for the Mighty delivering on all the stuff you want, no draw resistance, massive clouds, great taste, will not combust. You can do huge bowls or smaller bowls (using the concentrate pad) and they really give you everything you need in terms of accessories too! :D

herbivore21,
Top Bottom