Music from the mid 60's to late 70's (when creative genius reigned..)

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
The stories about Paycheck are legendary. This is early in his career and he's already missing half his teeth.

BabyFacedFinster,
I was 14 when this album was released. To date.... Copies.... 1 Album, wore out 3 Eight Track Tapes, wore out 2 Cassettes, 1 CD
1976 --- Boston - Boston / Kansas - Leftoverture / Foreigner - Foreigner / Frampton - Comes Alive / Rush - 2112...... and so many more
Looking back, It seemed like magical days ..... Long Live the Jams that invigorate the soul :rockon:

(edit Add: Headliner at the "Texas Jam 2 - 1979") I was there..... Smokin :spliff:

Last edited:
Simon & Garfunkel
"Sound of Silence"

Born in '62, my parents were very progressive considering they were raising me in "Redneck" SE New Mexico / West Texas.

Memories of my childhood. Simon and Garfunkel, Neil Diamond, Motown R&B, etc....
A simpler time, the music was not as angry as it is today.

Sandrider1962,
  • Love
Reactions: NYC_Frank

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Memories of my childhood. Simon and Garfunkel, Neil Diamond, Motown R&B, etc....
A simpler time, the music was not as angry as it is today.
No doubt Sandrider ... "Silence" is one of my all time favs and think of it everytime I ride the subways or just walking around the City.

I was born in '55, Bklyn NYC, a total trip through the 60s and 70s 😎 ... even with all the turmoil surrounding us back then, music provided an answer and an outlet for everything, and was so much more important and positive ... totally confused as to what has happened since ... brings to mind a tune ... :peace::leaf:

Frank Marino.... Caught his act and this song touring "Tales of the Unexpected" 1979 :rockon::spliff::rockon:
Version of the Bob Dylan Classic I would put up there with Hendrix's

Sandrider1962,
Reactions: NYC_Frank
1978, First Rock Concert in Midland Texas.... till then the local venue was Odessa (Ector Co., Coliseum) 20 miles away.
I went to the show (just cause), never heard of the Canadian Band, touring their First Album, First American tour.
Showed up with a pack of righties and a pack of lefties.... they opened with this song..... Fan Ever Since....

Top Bottom