Mouthguard for vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Does anyone worry about the effects of vapour hitting their front teeth (top row) when they vape. I can feel the vapour hitting my two front teeth every time I take a hit and although it doesn't feel bad now (the day after using the vape) it does feel very strange while I'm vaping my herbs.
I am considering a mouth guard to protect my teeth while I vape. Does anyone else do this as a precaution as well?
imageMain_0_10.jpg

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Can't say that I do..... I tend to position my inhale under my tongue though, as my bronchs are super sensitive from years of abuse making direct inhale next to impossible.

If using a guard will provide you solace, I say go for it.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Can't say that I do..... I tend to position my inhale under my tongue though, as my bronchs are super sensitive from years of abuse making direct inhale next to impossible.

If using a guard will provide you solace, I say go for it.
And you don't get any irritation with the vapor hitting the squishy part directly under your tongue? Good on you!
I may very well invest in a cheap mouthguard. Can't stop tonguing the top of my mouth and thinking that it's going to end up being a real issue.
Thanks for the reply mate

Radio,
Reactions: smokum

SD_haze

Does anyone worry about the effects of vapour hitting their front teeth (top row) when they vape. I can feel the vapour hitting my two front teeth every time I take a hit and although it doesn't feel bad now (the day after using the vape) it does feel very strange while I'm vaping my herbs.
I am considering a mouth guard to protect my teeth while I vape. Does anyone else do this as a precaution as well?
imageMain_0_10.jpg
If you have partially receded gums like I do and vape often+daily, I've considered it a legitimate issue. I've never thought of using a mouthguard - I just try to floss and brush well & regularly. It's a fairly worthy issue to raise, wish I had the answer.

Think I'll try @smokum suggestion with under the tongue. I've often put my tongue in the middle of the vaporpath, to cool down vapor, but never over it.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
If you have partially receded gums like I do and vape often+daily, I've considered it a legitimate issue. I've never thought of using a mouthguard - I just try to floss and brush well & regularly. It's a fairly worthy issue to raise, wish I had the answer.

Think I'll try @smokum suggestion with under the tongue. I've often put my tongue in the middle of the vaporpath, to cool down vapor, but never over it.
Yeah i was wondering if it was normal, because really after one week of vaping (and not in excessive amounts, mind you!) I already had a roughness forming on the top of my mouth and sensations in my two front teeth. Never had any teeth issues before so it was something I wanted to raise here on FC.
I'll get a mouth guard and vape like a dork, and also invest in a nice glass water recycler.

Also about the 'under the tongue' technique, in my teenage years we used to think that putting an ecstasy tablet or acid tab under the tongue was the fastest way to get it into the bloodstream. I wonder if this also applies to THC? In which case; it should get you higher, faster :)

Radio,
Reactions: smokum

SD_haze

Yeah i was wondering if it was normal, because really after one week of vaping (and not in excessive amounts, mind you!) I already had a roughness forming on the top of my mouth and sensations in my two front teeth. Never had any teeth issues before so it was something I wanted to raise here on FC.
I'll get a mouth guard and vape like a dork, and also invest in a nice glass water recycler.

Also about the 'under the tongue' technique, in my teenage years we used to think that putting an ecstasy tablet or acid tab under the tongue was the fastest way to get it into the bloodstream. I wonder if this also applies to THC? In which case; it should get you higher, faster :)
Ah, well I had bad teeth & gums going back 7+ yrs before I ever vaped/smoked. Even after daily vaping/smoking for 5yrs (almost all vaping past 3yrs), my dental health is better than it used to be.

RE: 'under the tongue',
There are absolutely more blood vessels underneath your tongue, so things like THC glycerin tinctures are sometimes recommended to be dropped under your tongue and held for a few minutes.

Vapor-wise, you might absorb a little extra but likely the difference is only slightly marginal.

Interesting question @Deja Vu You made me laugh but it is also a legitimate question. For example, could long term vaping discolour your teeth? You would have to think that eventually there may be some effects. About that mouthguard - if you vape alone it might be good but if you vape with friends I hope you have some thick skin lol. Did you say you are Australian? I am also so I have a pretty good idea of how much shit you will be taking from your mates if you do indeed start wearing a mouthguard :evil::) But I suppose it is better to be ridiculed than have nasty teeth and gums :nod:

Mr. Gweilo 420,
Reactions: Radio

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Interesting question @Deja Vu You made me laugh but it is also a legitimate question. For example, could long term vaping discolour your teeth? You would have to think that eventually there may be some effects. About that mouthguard - if you vape alone it might be good but if you vape with friends I hope you have some thick skin lol. Did you say you are Australian? I am also so I have a pretty good idea of how much shit you will be taking from your mates if you do indeed start wearing a mouthguard :evil::) But I suppose it is better to be ridiculed than have nasty teeth and gums :nod:
Hhahahaha, nah I wouldn't give a shit. I've gotta do what is best for my teeth. Not to go too off-topic but where abouts in Aus? I'm from Geelong (near melbourne)

Radio,
Hhahahaha, nah I wouldn't give a shit. I've gotta do what is best for my teeth. Not to go too off-topic but where abouts in Aus? I'm from Geelong (near melbourne)
Ha ha that is the spirit mate. Fuck them all lol. I would be the same way. It would be better to be laughed at than have nasty teeth stained by cannabis resin!

I'm from Sydney but have been living in Asia mostly since 2002.

Mr. Gweilo 420,
Reactions: Radio

Caligula

Maximus
Combustion for 20 years didn't permanently discolor my teeth. The staining always came off with regular cleaning from the dentist (I actually had my dentist ask Wtf the stains were because tobacco didn't come off like that and they kept coming back every 6 months lol), and it was always isolated to the backside of my bottom front teeth for whatever reason.

Anyway I highly doubt vaping will cause any discoloration issues given this fact.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Combustion for 20 years didn't permanently discolor my teeth. The staining always came off with regular cleaning from the dentist (I actually had my dentist ask Wtf the stains were because tobacco didn't come off like that and they kept coming back every 6 months lol), and it was always isolated to the backside of my bottom front teeth for whatever reason.

Anyway I highly doubt vaping will cause any discoloration issues given this fact.
Good point, cheers Caligula. I may be being a bit paranoid, and I'm sure the intensity of the vapour will be reduced when I get a recycler to filter it.
Ok.gif

Radio,
Reactions: Caligula

xEsoteric92

when I seen the mouth guard I started busted up laughing, no offense to your question, just thought it was hilarious. Remember the first time I had a joint, folded a napkin to as thin as it would go and blew, seeing the indent, never happened with vapor. Think your being paranoid, be more concerned with soda or GMOs lol, or am I just being ignorant? Sorry

Radio

stay true to yourselves
when I seen the mouth guard I started busted up laughing, no offense to your question, just thought it was hilarious. Remember the first time I had a joint, folded a napkin to as thin as it would go and blew, seeing the indent, never happened with vapor. Think your being paranoid, be more concerned with soda or GMOs lol, or am I just being ignorant? Sorry
Nah I feel you, lol. The thread is pretty funny in retrospect.. I just had (and still kinda do) a raw upper mouth from this vape. Mouthguard was just an idea but it seems water filtration is the way to go :)

Radio,

xEsoteric92

water filtration is the way to go man, I just broke my bong I used and decided rather then buying on impulse, coming on here and using my brain for a good day or two trying to decide what imma get, most people look at you dumb I seem to notice, when in reality it makes it so much smoother

xEsoteric92,
Reactions: Caligula

Radio

stay true to yourselves
water filtration is the way to go man, I just broke my bong I used and decided rather then buying on impulse, coming on here and using my brain for a good day or two trying to decide what imma get, most people look at you dumb I seem to notice, when in reality it makes it so much smoother
People will be able to look at me any way they like. I'm going to feel amazing when I pick up my dope as fuck recycler to take vape hits :) Have you decided on anything yet or still looking? I suggest you check out http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/c...incyclers-high-function-and-affordable.13358/
Some amazing work and he's making custom ones for under $200 (And I mean CUSTOM to your exact specifications)

Radio,

xEsoteric92

well I seem to see alot of cloud users on here where they place the vape in the piece? Outta mere curiosity why a recylcler, thought that was mainly for oils, or are you more captivated by the appearance and function? I'll def check it out, hate to say contemplating a cheap made in china one, been reading around and alot of people on here seem to be pleased with that, and as someone living check to check I dont really have the luxury of getting a sexy piece as much as I'd love to, more going for something that has multi function, and able to accept the Buddha hose

xEsoteric92,

Radio

stay true to yourselves
well I seem to see alot of cloud users on here where they place the vape in the piece? Outta mere curiosity why a recylcler, thought that was mainly for oils, or are you more captivated by the appearance and function? I'll def check it out, hate to say contemplating a cheap made in china one, been reading around and alot of people on here seem to be pleased with that, and as someone living check to check I dont really have the luxury of getting a sexy piece as much as I'd love to, more going for something that has multi function, and able to accept the Buddha hose
Check out this thread then. Too many to choose from and the best place to ask questions and ask for reccomendations for your specific requirements.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-high-quality-bubbler.5255/page-286

And yeah I think recyclers are primarily for oils and stuff, but the diffusion and tornado action is going to filter it and cool it down just the right amount for me :) Also its small so less of a path for the vapour to travel.
Plus yeah.. it's gorgeous. Haha.

Radio,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
@Deja Vu I say go with it! Get you a shirt that says "Vape Like a Dork!" :rofl:
All kidding aside, Everyone's' teeth are slightly different and some are more susceptible to staining and/or damage from a variety of different causes. The mouth guard may not form an airtight seal, however. Better idea may be to brush or rinse with mouthwash immediately after vaping to remove residue.

DieHard,
Reactions: SD_haze

Radio

stay true to yourselves
@Deja Vu I say go with it! Get you a shirt that says "Vape Like a Dork!" :rofl:
All kidding aside, Everyone's' teeth are slightly different and some are more susceptible to staining and/or damage from a variety of different causes. The mouth guard may not form an airtight seal, however. Better idea may be to brush or rinse with mouthwash immediately after vaping to remove residue.
If I still get irritation or mouth issues after my recycler arrives then i'll try a mouthguard or mouthwash, haha. I think this thread can be officially closed. :D

Radio,
Reactions: DieHard

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Hahaha.
Alright, thread closed! (I don't know how else to close threads)

Radio,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom