Modem Speedtest.....

lwien

I got a question for you guys.

When using speedtest.com one of my modems is faster in both dl and ul than the other but the slower modem access's sites and works within those sites faster than the modem that tests out faster. Does that make any sense?

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Where are you obtaining the modem specifications and is there an authority that policies what they are saying? What models and manufacturers?

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
When using speedtest.com one of my modems is faster in both dl and ul than the other but the slower modem access's sites and works within those sites faster than the modem that tests out faster. Does that make any sense?

...not really a tech person, but i assume the only variable is the router (same modem/pc or device/network)

..afaik it does not make sense, unless your network or your isp was undergoing more traffic during one of your test... unless you did multiple test with each then i have no idea, sorry..

just_the_flu,

lwien

Just realized something. Could hooking up 2 WiFi connections have a negative impact on an Ethernet connection on the same router?

lwien,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Are there firewalls built into either router? If so disable any filtering either router is doing and reduce it’s functions to only Nat and test again

YaMon,
Top Bottom