Modding the SSV...

toxicc

E11001420
For people having woodturning tools and a bit of skills the easiest way would be to make a wood base.

toxicc,

stinkmeaner

For the base you would want to use a bandsaw, turning is more for bowls, spindles, and tubular designs like the Log Vapes. If you don't have access to one or wanted to make a base without a bandsaw, you could use a keyhole saw, coping saw, or even a hacksaw, I could make a base with any of those, just grab some thin hardwood board.

stinkmeaner,

2clicker

Observer
i was considering having a piece of aluminum cut and then i can powder coat it to match the rest of my black dbv

then add some rubber feet or something

i also still wanna replace the knob with something i can read

2clicker,

2clicker

Observer
heres a pic. prolly should have taken one w/out the flash, but...

anyway, instead of buying a new knob i just took a small file and filed a groove along side of the dbv knob. then i took a fine tip sharpie and hit it with black. much easier to read now and i was able to get the knob to read at 12oclock instead of the 1-1:30 reading before. seems easier to just tell everyone to just set it at noon.

you can also see the piece of tubing i put around the bottom half of the wand. i like to turn the wand when inhaling and i also like to pull the wand out to clear the tube from each hit. the tubing gives me the grip to spin the wand and pull it out much easier. it also is very insulating so grabbing the wand is never hot. and because the tubing is clear i can still see the wand hash buildup... which reminds me.

this is my first wandfull of that stuff and im not sure if its time to get it now or keep waiting...? opinions?
WH1.jpg

2clicker,

RGNSUP

I just picked up a straight tube to hook to my ssv (can see pic in the official ssv thread), and was wondering if anyone would recommend the GG cover/wand would be better to use while connected through the bong. I still need to get an adapter for my tube connection as right now I'm just sticking in down the down stem.

RGNSUP,
Top Bottom