Mobius Glass

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . . Also, I never thought about this, but it looks like I won't be able to dab out of the Ion without an adapter, is that because of the dewaar joint?

Yes, that is if your dab setup uses a female joint, which most seem to be (and for which reason pieces like the Mobius tubes come with both male and female joints). so you'll probably need an 18/19mm male/male.

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: lreindl

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
My quick :2c:
The fact that's its dewaar has little to do with the need for an adapter, just that its a female joint.

Though there are dome less nails designed for female joints, they're more pricey than just getting an adapter from what I've seen.

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Bubbles!!! Makes me feel like a little kid!!! No but really the amount of bubbles :drool:

child-chasing-bubbles_19-107867.jpg

Live-N-Learn,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
:rockon: StonedMMA~

I'm waiting now for that brown truck to roll up and deliver my Clear matrix... glad you got the 60t so fast, all my mobius orders have all taken over a week of waiting to get to me so far, no matter where they are being sent from. Come on UPS!! :D

Reveen

My Matrix Ion was shipped today. I'm guessing I'll probably get it around next Thursday. As soon as I see that it has arrived in my town, my productivity at work will probably suffer a great deal.

Why must I be so god damned impatient?

jambandphan03

in flavor country
:tup: Clear is here! It's beautiful, and looks perfect. Has a nice weight to it, feels stable with water in it for sure.

So this one measures just 1/4" under 12" (close enough) and seems to be a good enough height for my desk (so far)

It definitely has a similar draw as the Ion. I'm starting things off with the HI to pop it's cherry :brow:

Got the Cloud heating, and plan to run through all the vapes I have at reach but so far I think I finally found the right combo! :luv:

Off to storm the castle!! :science: Videos soon...

***another point I'd like to mention is how quiet this bub is. Most of my other bubs gurgle and make a lot of sound when I clear them. I tend to wake up a lot in the night and end up vaping to get myself back to sleep. It's nice to have a quiet piece for those middle of the night seshs.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Here ya go...

**this isn't how I normally use this (the bending down so low on my roll out shelf) I just set it up this way for the vid... in case anyone cares :whoa: That was a weird song Pandora picked for me too... :p

Freaking smooth~effortless draw FTW!!! :rockon:

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Can you compare and elaborate on the two matrix clear and ion as far as effort in inhaling? After missing the restock and just waiting in general got me thinking if a Clear is what I will need (I want the Ion as of right now). I saw the other dude sell his ion because he said it was too small, and I must say I want a real effortless pull and a milky can. Any input here would be appreciated. :)

Live-N-Learn,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I would say that the clear is easily as effortless as the Ion, I have my water just a couple of mm over the top of the matrix when sitting, so I get almost no drag. This was what I loved about the Ion, and why none of the others would satisfy my hunger...:popcorn: I find it easier to use because I can reach it with out having to bend low.

treecityrnd

Congrats Jam.
How's the total volume of the Clear compared to the Ion in your opinion. Noticeable Difference?
I read it's larger than the 60t in overall volume?

jambandphan03

in flavor country
volume does not feel all that much different to me, it is larger, but the vapor still just slides in and fills the same way. I don't feel like I take huge hits but do like to fill the can before I clear it. It would be hard to make a better comparrison just going by memory. I think the clear bub is the better choice of the 2 personally. If you are looking for a classy travel bub that you can take around with you every where, the ion might serve better for that purpose, but as for performance, I like the size of the clear bub better.

I have only had this for a couple of hours, so I imagine more use will reveal other qualities.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
now now... I'm keeping this one!:p

I'm just glad I finally have a piece of glass that really makes me happy!! Every vape I set on top of this bub performs like a champ. Something about the rate it draws air, it doesn't have the turbulence that a lot of other style percs do. I think that helps draw in the vapor at a nice even rate, creating that dense milky cloud.

AdmiralAlpacha

My roommate just picked up a Mobius piece, I believe it is the classic matrix. I may have to start putting money aside for an ion matrix now. Not only is it just a joy to look at, it bubbles like mad, and is damn near drag free.

I think one is in my future at some point, hopefully soon.

AdmiralAlpacha,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Congrats Jam.
How's the total volume of the Clear compared to the Ion in your opinion. Noticeable Difference?
I read it's larger than the 60t in overall volume?

Yes, the volume is greater, close to the 65b. As jam posted, both the Ion and the Clear are incredibly easy to draw and so smooth. But personally I think the Clear may be just a tad easier because of the larger intake. To milk the Clear's can and clear it in a single hit entirely fills my lungs. These are the two things I like the most and which IMO make the Clear just a little bit more enjoyable - after a prime, a couple thick hits on the Clear is all it takes to be in great shape. :ko:

John Lewus

now now... I'm keeping this one!:p

I'm just glad I finally have a piece of glass that really makes me happy!! Every vape I set on top of this bub performs like a champ. Something about the rate it draws air, it doesn't have the turbulence that a lot of other style percs do. I think that helps draw in the vapor at a nice even rate, creating that dense milky cloud.

I already have the Mobius 60T with a matrix perc but the smaller ION just seems perfect for the Cloud. Is it easy to see down into the glass when you are using the Cloud? Does the angle of your eye looking through the ion give you a clear view of the air inside and not distorted by the curving walls when it is filled with water?

I need to clearly see the vapor density in the glass when I am pulling so I can control it better. About 1 or 2 seconds after the vapor gets thick in my Mobious 60t piece I then use the rest of my lungs to clear it and then some. This way I don't get too much at once and cough for 5 minutes. I have seriously coughed for that long with really big cloud hits. It is not comfortable, my lungs are tickling when I breathe, and then the rush of THC to my brain has actually forced me to sit down on the ground for 5 seconds because it is soo intense at once.

I always have to look into a mirror with a dark shirt on to see the vapor production in my 60t. If I try to do it looking down I am looking through the top and curved part of a thick glass tube that distorts what I am seeing. It is even harder after a few sessions because the glass is not as crystal clear to see through from vapor residue. Combine that with the base of the 60t being reflected through the tube as I look down it is hard to see how thick the vapor is because there is so much glass I am looking through or seeing reflected. Does that make sense? I know exactly how much to pull when I can see the vapor density. It changes after each hit so the first hit I tend to pull a bit harder, second and third hits I back off a lot and hit it as hard as I can on the 4th hit. I might do a 5th hit and then stir and a medium wispy 6th hit. It takes me between 5 and 7 hits to clear an ELB in the cloud which gives you an indication of how sensitive I am. My friend can pull an entire ELB in one hit and nearly pass out.

I really don't think I want 2 Mobius pieces with a matrix when that is my only other glass. I think more variety would be better. I dunno.

Top Bottom