Mobius Glass

SeanFloyd

No way in hell, would I ever pay 10 grand for a glass piece. Might as well dip your cash into liquid nitrogen and kick it into a thousand piece.

I understand that everyone has a different concept of value...but man, it would suck paying that kind of cash and then watching it accidentally shatter one day.

This is what I am screaming brother. I was straight up offended. Apparently thinking $2k will get you a reasonably worked Mobius is astronomically retarded.

I may be wrong,

but...I think what's happened with @SeanFloyd might be better understood in terms of bartering, haggling, negotiating. IMO, 1.5-2k is probably viewed by Circle as too low for 'custom-custom' work. AquaLab already has 'custom' (worked) mobius pieces for sale on its site for $1700 and $2000. If I understand correctly what SeanFloyd is expecting for his payment (a design customized to his desires, worked or not), then I think it likely that Mobius expects an offer in the range of min, 3-5k, depending on size/type of piece, and perhaps being 'insulted' by the initial low offer for such a service from an in-demand glass-blower, SeanFloyd was countered with a likewise, ridiculously high counter-offer.

My :2c:. Of course, I could be wrong, and there's more to the story than I'm aware of/we've been told so far.

SeanFloyd

I may be wrong,

but...I think what's happened with @SeanFloyd might be better understood in terms of bartering, haggling, negotiating. IMO, 1.5-2k is probably viewed by Circle as too low for 'custom-custom' work. AquaLab already has 'custom' (worked) mobius pieces for sale on its site for $1700 and $2000. If I understand correctly what SeanFloyd is expecting for his payment (a design customized to his desires, worked or not), then I think it likely that Mobius expects an offer in the range of min, 3-5k, depending on size/type of piece, and perhaps being 'insulted' by the initial low offer for such a service from an in-demand glass-blower, SeanFloyd was countered with a likewise, ridiculously high counter-offer.

My :2c:. Of course, I could be wrong, and there's more to the story than I'm aware of/we've been told so far.

I hear you, but not quite. I understand they have blown up, but less than a year ago this tube went on ALT for $1400 with a dish and a dabber.

attachment.php4

I thought I could throw down $2k and get something relatively similar and wasn't prepared for the "north of $10k". The "custom" Mobius tubes you're referring to currently on ALT are pretty basic to be called a custom but apparently that's where they are at right now price wise, which I am ok with. Over $10,000 though? Silly me :bang:

Last edited:

Tweek

I think situations like these, are an excellent opportunity to check out some of the lesser known, yet high quality glass blowers out there. Give your business to the little guy...bet you will get an amazing piece at a fraction of the price!

Power to Mobius for making it that big...but rich, I am not.

SeanFloyd

I think situations like these, are an excellent opportunity to check out some of the lesser known, yet high quality glass blowers out there. Give your business to the little guy...bet you will get an amazing piece at a fraction of the price!

Power to Mobius for making it that big...but rich, I am not.

Wise words and exactly the tip I am on now. Going to hit up my man DEW for an insanely worked Alientech/Slyme reticello mini-tube.

MGG

0QkLasR.jpg

Hey a while back i mentioned i broke my mobius 60t and was having it 'upgraded'
- can size cut down below the logo
- male joint added on top allowing me to add hydratubes.

The cutting was a success (asides from being able to visually see the cut which was expected
from such a procedure, although i might add some custom art to it to cover it up).

I just thought people might find it interesting to see a cut down mobius and when the project is done i'll show you guys some videos and pictures of the completed piece. :brow:

0QkLasR.jpg

Hey a while back i mentioned i broke my mobius 60t and was having it 'upgraded'
- can size cut down below the logo
- male joint added on top allowing me to add hydratubes.

The cutting was a success (asides from being able to visually see the cut which was expected
from such a procedure, although i might add some custom art to it to cover it up).

I just thought people might find it interesting to see a cut down mobius and when the project is done i'll show you guys some videos and pictures of the completed piece. :brow:
Super Cool....nail polish! Definitely will be interested in seeing how your project turns out, @MGG

Mud

I hear you, but not quite. I understand they have blown up, but less than a year ago this tube went on ALT for $1400 with a dish and a dabber.

attachment.php4

I thought I could throw down $2k and get something relatively similar and wasn't prepared for the "north of $10k". The "custom" Mobius tubes you're referring to currently on ALT are pretty basic to be called a custom but apparently that's where they are at right now price wise, which I am ok with. Over $10,000 though? Silly me :bang:

Isn't that a nice tube... :p

The more I see it, the more I love it. I can see why @SeanFloyd wanted to try and get them to make him something similar. Sux that they came back at him with such an outlandishly high counter-offer.

Fame Is A Vapor,

OnlyHuman

ahhh, thanks! Was not sure if they were name brands or universal terms like, 'vapor dome', and 'skillet'.

OnlyHuman,
Does anybody else rip their Mobius in front of a mirror? Well I do and its pretty damn sweet lol I have both my Ion Reti and 60t sitting on my dresser w my mirror. Its a beast too, no bullshit. Its a 1970s Oak bedroom dresser set from my parents when they got divorced. Anyways I literally have a platform for my pieces, 8inches, and then a 3inch high wooden rail not allowing any glass to get out of there......Like a small fence you could say. But it jus sits right in front of the mirror and I can see the whole thing rippin everytime. Pretty sweet if you ask me. I find myself just smokin out of the pieces when I dont even need to...lol jus cuz I wanna see it in action. I will post a pic sometime of my setup.

I find myself preferring to watch the Reti in action over the Stereo Matrix. Trying to find a way to describe it but......The Reti....fires on every perc in a perfect row once it starts hitting....so does the 60t.....looks flawless....w the Reti.....each one in order rips along the line.....and jus keeps goin around and around in a circle. I originally got the Reti for oils, but when im out of Oils, I use it for flowers.

Anybody else hit their Mobius in front of a mirror? Didnt kno if this was common or not for you guys on a regular basis

Last edited:

OnlyHuman

Does anybody else rip their Mobius in front of a mirror? Well I do and its pretty damn sweet lol I have both my Ion Reti and 60t sitting on my dresser w my mirror. Its a beast too, no bullshit. Its a 1970s Oak bedroom dresser set from my parents when they got divorced. Anyways I literally have a platform for my pieces, 8inches, and then a 3inch high wooden rail not allowing any glass to get out of there......Like a small fence you could say. But it jus sits right in front of the mirror and I can see the whole thing rippin everytime. Pretty sweet if you ask me. I find myself just smokin out of the pieces when I dont even need to...lol jus cuz I wanna see it in action. I will post a pic sometime of my setup.

I find myself preferring to watch the Reti in action over the Stereo Matrix. Trying to find a way to describe it but......The Reti....fires on every perc in a perfect row once it starts hitting....so does the 60t.....looks flawless....w the Reti.....each one in order rips along the line.....and jus keeps goin around and around in a circle. I originally got the Reti for oils, but when im out of Oils, I use it for flowers.

Anybody else hit their Mobius in front of a mirror? Didnt kno if this was common or not for you guys on a regular basis

Gotta post some pics of this!

Top Bottom