Mobius Glass

toros23

I sure don't like to see a great manufacturer let it's QC go downhill ....... If Circ needs any help checking fresh pieces, hit me up, I'd love to help!

Damn, that really sucks Mobioz. I guess he must be too busy with the customs to mess with these but still unacceptable IMO.

Mobioz

Thank you for the support.
I recieved an email from ALT wednesday, a pretty standard RMA form. "We apologize for the inconvenience; please return your item to the address below. Be sure to include a copy of the attached RMA form and a copy your order invoice with a brief description of the return issue. I will contact you once your return has arrived to confirm the correct exchange or refund. Please also include a copy of your UPS Ground shipping cost for reimbursement."
Thats great, right? Well in the RMA it states "• International Purchases. All purchases made through International Checkout are absolutely final. No returns or exchanges will be given."
I live in Europe.

I sent an email to ALT asking about this on Wednesday, haven't heard anything yet. I know they have a sale right now so I'll wait a few days.
I mentioned the replacement slide/bowl in my first post, here a picture....

2013-07-19135639_zpsc72102c0.jpg

The one on the left came with the Mobius, the perfect quality i was expecting. The one on the right is a replacement slide you can buy separately at ALT. I was getting this bubbler to go with my SSV, not sure why i bought a second slide, but still..... Like you said toros23, he might be busy with customs. That's true, but he still has a brand name, and whatever he puts that brand on should be top quality.
From their own webpage "Mobius Glassworks was conceived in early 2010 with the intention of creating exceptional smoking devices." Is this exceptional work?
I found Mobius glassworks email and sent them the same pictures explaining my disappointment. Not sure if its the right email, and i'm not expecting a response, but i gave it a go.
Sorry about the rant, but i feel like i've been tricked.

kingtut106

Just so you know if you buy a solo PVHES 18mm gong the tubing fits perfectly inside the bowl chamber, I rigged mine SSV to my mobius last night like that worked beautifully.

kingtut106,

Dafni

Thats great, right? Well in the RMA it states "• International Purchases. All purchases made through International Checkout are absolutely final. No returns or exchanges will be given."
I live in Europe.

there you go. fucked. probably they just sent you a b-grade. as an oversea customer sounds like you gotta keep what you get. how messed up is that?

nobody can claim a defect like that left a shop unnoticed. thats ridiculous IMO

I feel your pain

redglassgallery

JHANPIXEL
Glass Blower
If this was purchased from ALT i would have to say leave mobius out of it - they were not involved in the transaction.

lets say for example ALT purchased 2nd quality or odds from Mobius at a discount and then turned around and resold them ( also at a discount ) to the end consumer. The customer gets a great deal on a branded pc and ALT makes some money and mobius has an outlet for their odds and 2nds ( trust me there is bound to be some )

everyone wins.

now in this case looks the like glass was defective on the can ( looks like its wet in the photo ) if it wasn't then that is some narly airbubbles and impurities in that glass

The bowl also looks like a sandblasting defect ( nothing some quick flame polishing wouldn't take care of )

As far as this case is concerned ALT is in a bit of a bind because in order to exchange with you they would have to have you send this piece back to them in the states ( importing it back ) and that is a big federal USA NO-NO so they only limited options.

1. give partial credit
2. full refund and eat the lost as cost of doing business
3. send another tube and eat the 1st one as lost
4. stand by their terms of service and lose a customer

if it was me i'd choose 1 or 3

UnixRasta

mestizo

lets say for example ALT purchased 2nd quality or odds from Mobius at a discount and then turned around and resold them ( also at a discount ) to the end consumer. The customer gets a great deal on a branded pc and ALT makes some money and mobius has an outlet for their odds and 2nds ( trust me there is bound to be some )
It is my understanding Mobius destroys all the defective pieces to protect his reputation, I have seen pictures of lots of broken glass in the trash.

mestizo,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
OK I have to come here and review my Mobius Watertrap (received 2 weeks ago from the classifieds)... Basically my favorite recycler (and I have a few^^)! Looks, smooth hits, size, integrated dabber & dish, 2 nd DI joint for double dabs or dab + cloud... A BEAUTY AND A BEAST in the same piece!

I have no time to make pix or to review it deeply as I'm the happy father of a baby son since July 3rd...:love:

MGG

OK I have to come here and review my Mobius Watertrap (received 2 weeks ago from the classifieds)... Basically my favorite recycler (and I have a few^^)! Looks, smooth hits, size, integrated dabber & dish, 2 nd DI joint for double dabs or dab + cloud... A BEAUTY AND A BEAST in the same piece!

I have no time to make pix or to review it deeply as I'm the happy father of a baby son since July 3rd...:love:

Keen to see pics, mobius watertrap looks extremely dope.

MGG,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Yep yep, I also got the HMK green honeycomb fully worked rig from Bassplayer: amazing deal for 2 beautiful pieces, though totally opposite (functionality & scientific vs. heady worked aesthetics) glasswise!

Will come back here for full review in a week or so!

FLskwat,

jpdnkstr

That HMK rig is SICK! I wish I would've grabbed that piece, I had just picked up my Mobius..... couldn't justify 2 new pieces.

jpdnkstr,

MGG

Here's the final designs for the modular fix i'm getting done on my mobius if anyone's interested.
Personally for me i feel like this is going to be a good upgrade because now i'll be able to use it as both a flower and oil tube and also for flowers i'll have a bigger chamber and the added benefit of being able to add icecubes. I think this piece will be the smoothest thing to hit ever.

x1ZMrRF.jpg

jpdnkstr

Not really turning it into a 50t, as the 60 is the diameter of the can, not the height . Awesome project nonetheless!

MGG

Not really turning it into a 50t, as the 60 is the diameter of the can, not the height . Awesome project nonetheless!

Yeah haha frederick pointed this out to me in a pm. It's fixed in the newest version.
I'm not sure how clean the cut is going to turn out but i'm more interested in the function honestly.

MGG

Fishbone was going to do it but then he kept offering me really high prices then told me he's backed up till halfway through next year o_O. so i'm going with these guys.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Glasswork-Orange-and-GlassmansDoll-Custom-Glass-Novelties/141517799219143
They have really good customer service and very affordable prices.
Though i'm kinda nervous cause they keep telling me things like this "just so
you know also with repairs...sometimes they dont turn out pretty but they function"
and similar things.. like they seem really un-confident and i appreciate their honesty but it's kind of been making me really nervous. What if they hand me back some kind of monstrosity :o!

Has anyone been through these guys before? what was there experience like? (sorry if this is going a bit off the mobius topic though it does relate back to getting my mobius piece repaired/upgraded)

MGG,

UnixRasta

Both the Mobius Ion Matrix and Reti are in stock now at ALT, as well as the Clear Reti.
Too bad the sale is now over...

So, I received my Ion Matrix and love everything about it, except ONE thing: The mouthpiece!
This mouthpiece is ridiculously small. Not that I have giant Mick Jagger type lips or anything,
but compared to the mouthpiece on my ZOB, this makes no sense whatsoever.
Has anyone come up with a creative way to modify the mouthpiece on their Mobius.
to make it more comfortable?

UnixRasta,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I hit my ion 2 different ways, approx 50/50 each way.

Sometimes I purse my lips for the tiny mouthpiece, and sometimes I just put my lips around the edge of it, the ions mouthpiece is that small that I don't find it awkward putting my mouth around it.

I personally think the mouthpiece on the clears is absolutely perfect though :tup:

Top Bottom