Mobius Glass

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Looks good but would the 10 inch one work for the Matrix? The Matrix is 9.5 in tall.

It "might"...however, the actual heights may vary a bit from piece to piece. I don't think I would chance it. Also, there are 3 Velcro straps inside and a nice soft cover to put over your piece...it secures it very well and also leaves room for any "accessories" you might want to fit in there, also.

If it was me (as it was a few weeks ago), I would go with the 14"...your mileage may vary...:)

Shrike,
Reactions: ogcook

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Yeah I agree. Less = more with the Matrix perc.

Matrix is the perk version, not the model. If you call a headshop and tell 'em you're looking for a Mobius Matrix they'll ask you which matrix perk you're looking for.

Yes I understand that.. But what I was asking is would the 10 inch Ryot Axe Pack fit the Mobius(Brand) Ion Materx(Perc) bubbler?

It "might"...however, the actual heights may vary a bit from piece to piece. I don't think I would chance it. Also, there are 3 Velcro straps inside and a nice soft cover to put over your piece...it secures it very well and also leaves room for any "accessories" you might want to fit in there, also.

If it was me (as it was a few weeks ago), I would go with the 14"...your mileage may vary...:)
Thanks for the Info.. In reading on the AquaLab site it sounds like the 10 in one will work so I ordered it.. Will post here if it does or not once I receive it and my Mobius

Kuroth1,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
when you say beaker, do you mean large matrix clear bubbler? just want to make sure it fits if i get, also how much width room around the base if so?

The diameter of the base of my beaker is 4.25" and it is 10" high. There is about 2" left at the top and I would say it can accomodate a piece with a diameter no larger than 5" at the base.

14" Ryot Axe Pack with 10" Mobius Beaker:
Axe-Mobius-noexif_WM.jpg

It can also accomodate my Bent bubbler which is 8,5" high:
Axe-Bent-B750-noexif_WM.jpg

But I'm also working on a new custom 16" Vault-Case from ALT just received this week :)

VaultCase-16-noexif_WM.jpg

VaultCase-Custom-noexif_WM.jpg

Two pieces are still waiting to get their comfy spot... ;)

max

Out to lunch
Yes I understand that.. But what I was asking is would the 10 inch Ryot Axe Pack fit the Mobius(Brand) Ion Materx(Perc) bubbler?
I figured you knew, but just don't want to confuse others who aren't familiar with Mobius models. I've even seen KultureVA screw up and label a Mobius bubbler as an 'Ion Clear'. That would be like Chevy advertising an 'Impala Corvette'. :lol:

Vaporisateur said:
The diameter of the base of my beaker is 4.25" and it is 10" high. There is about 2" left at the top and I would say it can accomodate a piece with a diameter no larger than 5" at the base.
The base on my Ion is about 4 1/8", so the Clear would fit even better.

lreindl

Pacific NW
Would you consider using this in conjunction with an Ion Matrix?
img_1367110294910-single.jpg

http://glass.nuggetry.com/add/a1367110994/

I was interested in collecting the reclaim from my concentrates to use at a later time but always end up rinsing everything down the sink with the Ion. It'd look a little interesting too.. Thoughts?

lreindl,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
There's what, 5mm clearance max between the edge of the breezeway and its joint?

The ion has a 60 or 65mm can diameter.
If we assume 60, and subtract 18mm for the joint, the radius we are left with is 21mm ([60-18]/2)
You'll need at least that much clearance between the edge of the breezeway and the joint to use it with an ion without an adapter.

Edit:
Just checked, it does have a 60mm can.
The clears have a 75mm can, so it'd need 33.5mm if you were to want to attach it to a clear.
Not what you asked, but fun to calculate ;)

Frederick McGuire,

lreindl

Pacific NW
These numbers are awesome, thanks Fred. I'm using an 18:18 adapter for dabs at the moment, maybe that would give more clearance?

lreindl,

SD_haze

These numbers are awesome, thanks Fred. I'm using an 18:18 adapter for dabs at the moment, maybe that would give more clearance?
My personal opinion on the breezeways are that they are most ideal for a lighter nail, like quartz. With an 18mm TI nail, you're putting a lot of asymmetrical force on glass that isn't overly cheap @ retail.
:2c:

SD_haze,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Well, you'd then need an 18-18 female-female adapter, to go on your male male adapter, which IMO would look kinda ugly, and wouldn't really be all too practical.

You could get a 18-18 male-female adapter (similar to carbon filter adapters), then you'd just need to make sure that there's enough vertical clearance for the breezeway.
Not sure on those dimensions though.

EDIT:
OK, so ALT says the ions are 60mm can, Kukture says 65mm.
so for the earlier clearance figures, its 21mm if ALT is correct, 23.5mm if Kulture is correct...

Frederick McGuire,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
In reading on the AquaLab site it sounds like the 10 in one will work so I ordered it.. Will post here if it does or not once I receive it and my Mobius
I'm interested to hear how this works for you. You will love the Ion with your HI. You will need a reducer. I hope you have one. Alan's solid 14mm glass roasting tubes are great to use. Here is the link to the reducer I use. It sits low and fits nice.

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/glas...ers/alt-14-18-mm-low-pro-reducer-adapter.html

wootze

High everyone. <]:~).

Mobius pentacle disk pieces?

Anyone have any observations?

wootze,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Ok.. Did a search on this thread and read every post I could find on the subject of how much water to use in the Mobius Ion Matrix Bubbler.. It looks like in the Videos I watched that the water is filled up to about 1 inch above the top of the Perc? Is this what most of you recommend? And do you use cold water or just lukewarm?

Thanks!

Kuroth1,

wootze

Ok.. Did a search on this thread and read every post I could find on the subject of how much water to use in the Mobius Ion Matrix Bubbler.. It looks like in the Videos I watched that the water is filled up to about 1 inch above the top of the Perc? Is this what most of you recommend? And do you use cold water or just lukewarm?

Thanks!
Luke warm h20. Up to SoCal?

wootze,

JLG

OK, so ALT says the ions are 60mm can, Kukture says 65mm.
so for the earlier clearance figures, its 21mm if ALT is correct, 23.5mm if Kulture is correct...
The can of the Ion Matrix is 65mm, the Clear Matrix is 75mm.
I have them both and have measured the diameter.

Thanks!

At first, i tried to be very precise to find the best water level.
Because i don't feel major change, i am now randomly pouring water above the perc.

I use cold water when the weather is hot and warm water when it is cold... but i feel more comfortable with the cold water, it is refreshing like an ice cream.

JLG,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
The can of the Ion Matrix is 65mm, the Clear Matrix is 75mm.
I have them both and have measured the diameter.

At first, i tried to be very precise to find the best water level.
Because i don't feel major change, i am now randomly pouring water above the perc.

I use cold water when the weather is hot and warm water when it is cold... but i feel more comfortable with the cold water, it is refreshing like an ice cream.

Oh damn.. I cant wait to get mine and try it with my Hi...:clap:

Kuroth1,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
I love my diamond disc. Especially when it is attached to the Dirty Rico. Almost as smooth at the vape.

Very cool.. Whats the green liquid??? That leads me to another question.. Can you use something else besides water in a bubbler???

Kuroth1,

Davidd713

Very cool.. Whats the green liquid??? That leads me to another question.. Can you use something else besides water in a bubbler???
It does look like mouthwash haha. It was on 4/20 so we put some green food coloring in the water. I kind of like how it makes the percs stand out though.

High everyone. <]:~).

Mobius pentacle disk pieces?

Anyone have any observations?

When I bought my Diamond Disc last year I tried all three at the store (just water, obviously). I liked the Diamond and Penta the best, their percs seemed to fire more evenly than the Matrix. They both had a slight chug, which I prefer. However, they are still dragless. It is an awesome piece for concentrates and flowers. Unfortunately, I haven't hit a stereo matrix so I really cant compare the two. You should seriously consider the Penta. My Diamond has been the daily driver for about a year now and I'm still not bored with it.

Here is a video of my Diamond.

http://glassonglassonglass.tumblr.com/post/49314357049/mobius-diamond-disc-water-test

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
When I bought my Diamond Disc last year I tried all three at the store (just water, obviously). I liked the Diamond and Penta the best, their percs seemed to fire more evenly than the Matrix. They both had a slight chug, which I prefer. However, they are still dragless. It is an awesome piece for concentrates and flowers. Unfortunately, I haven't hit a stereo matrix so I really cant compare the two. You should seriously consider the Penta. My Diamond has been the daily driver for about a year now and I'm still not bored with it.

Here is a video of my Diamond.

http://glassonglassonglass.tumblr.com/post/49314357049/mobius-diamond-disc-water-test

Looks cool and I wish I had a chance to try several before I bought.. But from what all I have read and heard you pretty much can go wrong with any of the Mobius pieces..

Kuroth1,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Just got my Mobius Ion Matrix Bubbler and Case.. They are PERFECT.. The Perc on my Mobius looks just like the ones in the all the Pics I have seen (I was worried as I have seen some where the Perc looked different/strange).... No Defects or bubbles in mine.. Looks perfect...

It was soooooo cool... The person that packed my Mobius wrote on my Receipt by hand "Rodney, I can only show you the door... It is you that must choose to walk through it" "Mobius"..... LOL Really set the mood.. :clap: p.s. The 10 inch Ryot Axe Case was NOT big enough so I ordered the 14 Inch one.. I can use the 10 inch one for something else...

Davidd713

Yea, they are perfectly made. Quality wise, it makes my dirty rico look cheap (but it does hit very nice). You mentioning the flawed ones reminds me about what the guy who sold it to me said. When I asked about which one he thought functioned the best he told me the staff tried all three the night before because mobius had shipped them some tubes with imperfections to try out. Maybe a shady store sold them instead of enjoying them on 4/20 like they were supposed to?

Davidd713,
Reactions: ataxian

BigBurlyBill

Burly Member
In your opinion, which would be the best perc and glass to buy for the Vapexhale cloud? I've looked through this thread, or rather the first few pages, and I have seen some saying that the matrix perc is too much diffusion for vapor. The reti perc is the one that should be purchased for vaping. Is this true?

My main goal is to purchase something for the cloud, but I'd also like to combust occasionally (I haven't made the full conversion yet). Also, what's the best place to purchase mobius glass from? I live 4 hours away from the closest vendor, so I'll need to buy it online. ALT is always out of stock, so I never know if they had some recently, and it just sold out very fast. Thanks for any help you choose to give. :D

BigBurlyBill,
Top Bottom