Mobius Glass

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I love the way the slide looks and cant wait to put it in my matrix and take pics with it, but what is it for!?!?! :p (If possible can this be added to glass 101) so I dont have to ask this stuff!

AFAIK, It's for combusting through.

I'm really enjoying my slide, but not on my Matrix though. No smoke is touching her, :D.

Tweak,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
I figured it was for combusting but just wanted to make sure. Im kind of tempted to smoke out of it to see how milky it can get, what is the downside to smoking in your glass? Is it anything PBW wont solve??!?!

Live-N-Learn,
Reactions: toros23

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Please define push-style bowl slide . . .

Also called push-bowl style, look at center pic at the ALT link. It's just a regular bowl with typically a small hole in the bottom. For smoking.

No, PBW cannot clean everything. It seems to remove most organic and some inorganic compounds. So it is good e.g. with resin and common water spots. While it is a strong alkali, it cannot remove some minerals; that requires an acid. Anything that can permeate the surface of the glass can damage it, and AFAIK that includes fire. I have a piece with a smoke ring that is literally inside the glass; I have no idea exactly how the former user did it, but it sure the hell is there and nothing short of polishing it out will remove it.

that herb guy

what is the downside to smoking in your glass? Is it anything PBW wont solve??!?!

It's going to taste like smoke until you clean it again, basically. If you smoke through it frequently enough and don't clean adequately, will taste of smoke permanently.

Can't comment on PBW, haven't tried it, but usually if I just rip a bowl or two through my bubbler and give it a good (10-15 min) ISO/Salt wash and soak, it fades off.

As far as this slide you guys are talking about, is it just an additional downstem? I'm having a little trouble imagining what you're talking about. Have heard bowl termed 'slide' before, that what you mean? Gets confusing when local terms and online terms clash :rolleyes:.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Tweak posted pics of the slide above. It comes with the piece, I just didnt look in my box and just recognized it did come with it today.

Thanks for the explanation, I thought it would permanently stain your glass or something to smoke from it. I kind of dont want to do it now, but I really do want to try it. :ugh:

Live-N-Learn,

toros23

As far as this slide you guys are talking about, is it just an additional downstem? I'm having a little trouble imagining what you're talking about. Have heard bowl termed 'slide' before, that what you mean? Gets confusing when local terms and online terms clash :rolleyes:.

Being somewhat old-school, I am not an expert on these things but I think a slide just implies a glass piece (i.e. bowl) that has a male or female joint and can mate up with another glass piece. So a slide could have a dome, a bowl or whatever on the end I suppose. A slide and downstem are two different things, a slide would mate up with a downstem.

that herb guy

Awesome. That is what I thought you were talking about, but sadly never having received my own Mobius I got curious :).

Maybe once I hit the lottery.

that herb guy,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i smoked a single bowl thru mine, cleaned immediately after, used carbon filter w/ organic cotton and cleaned it immediately after w/ iso. smells like new.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
i smoked a single bowl thru mine, cleaned immediately after, used carbon filter w/ organic cotton and cleaned it immediately after w/ iso. smells like new.

How was it? :ko: Was it really worth all that extra stuff? :|

EDIT:
Its pretty hard to take a full shot of the clear, but look who made its way back home.

2u4r90o.jpg

treecityrnd

You should have a little slide that looks like this:
mobius-glassworks-18mm-martini-slide-265px-390px.jpg

Although I think he threw in a 5-hole slide with my Ion by mistake. Not that I'm ever going to use it, but nice to have I guess. I think the 5-hole are standard on the 60/5 t & b's. At least it was with my 60t.

Edit: I see you got it now...

treecityrnd,

DreamTime

...what is the downside to smoking in your glass?

If you decide to do it, you will quickly be reminded why you switched to vaporization :)

About once or twice a year, I manage to forget how nasty combustion is... I get nostalgic and pack a bowl into a bong or steamroller and take a big hit. After I finish coughing up a lung and then gargling for 30 minutes to get the taste out of my mouth, I remember how much I like vaping.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Kultureva gets the stamp: SUPER OFFICIALLLL!!!!

They should have also sent a sticker. Still deciding if I should put it on my car, :p. One google search from a co-worker and I'd be toast.

Nice jars. :nod:

I've been so tempted to burn through my Mobius, it would be so smooth. Instead I just go on youtube and watch someone else do it. Throw in a stereo matrix video for good measure. Maybe one day, then I'll instantly regret it and run for the bottle of ISO, lol.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Once I took a hit on it, all that feeling of wanting to try the slide disappeared. That along with having to use carbon and cotton and iso and basically a whole bunch of things to get rid of the toxic smoke. I am sure that the closest bud will get to that slide is in the picture above. I will use it as a decorative piece in my clear when its not in use. I really dont need a thicker hit, a nice video does do the trick as well I guess, still not better then the real thing though lol :whip:

The Mobius deserves better!!!

Maybe one day, then I'll instantly regret it and run for the bottle of ISO, lol.
Sounds familiar... The DG convertible had me curious last summer, thinking if combustion can be smooth this is the ticket. Nope,after a .3 snapper(i think that's what they call it), I proceeded to cough my ass off for 20 mins, along with instantly going for the iso. It was not worth it to me, and the smell of the water instantly reminded me why I always despised water pipes back in my combustion days. Thank heavens,vaping straightened me out on that prospecive.

havealight101,
Reactions: Tweak

keepsake

Soul Searchin`
Yeah, combustion suuuuuucks.

I've never tried oil or wax tho. Do they taste as good as vaping?

keepsake,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
They should have also sent a sticker. Still deciding if I should put it on my car, :p. One google search from a co-worker and I'd be toast.

Nice jars. :nod:

TY on the jars I love them, and I just ran through the damn box, lifted flaps on the box, dumped the shipping peanuts in a plastic bag, all to find NOTHING! :cuss: Not a damn thing, just endless peanuts! I want my sticker!:rant:

Edit: Your the one who posted the pic of those jars in the storage jar thread, I bought the 12 pack. Thanks LOL ;)

treecityrnd

To stay on topic, Congrats on the purchase. Best piece of glass on the market IMO.
Im kind of tempted to smoke out of it to see how milky it can get, what is the downside to smoking...
Repost from an old thread...

Most drugs, including most cannabinoids are metabolized in the liver by cytochrome P450. As this enzyme is degraded there can be some liver toxicity. This is the case with morphine or marijuana. It's mostly about concentration. IMO you usually won't get to these levels with normal oral administration. Now if your eating 10g a day...that's a different story. So I wouldn't get to hung up on it. In addition, CBD has been shown to inhibit the metabolism of THC and CBN, so its more complicated than it seems.

Oral administration is also more likely to cause nausea or vomiting (Grinspoon, 1969). This may be due to the plant matter itself and not the delta-9-THC as reports have varied depending on methodology. Thus it is not recommended that you ingest the plant matter as is because of the potential stomach discomfort as well as potential decreases in potency and efficacy when compared to other routes of administration (McKim, 2000). However, no current studies have shown any negative GI effects from cannabinoids themselves. Therefore maybe injesting an Everclear extraction is the best possible solution for everyday people?

However, it should be noted that respiratory harm has been called the only well-confirmed deleterious physical effect of marijuana by Dr. Lester Grinspoon (Grinspoon, 1997).

Grinspoon, L. (1969). Marihuana. Sci Am, 221(6), 17-25.
Grinspoon, L. (1997). Marijuana, the forbidden mediine. (Revised Edition ed.). New Haven: Yale University Press.
McKim, W. A. (2000). Drugs and Behavior (4th ed.). New Jersey: Prentice Hall.

As far as overall safety, some of the studies have already been cited, but summaries are always nice. This is part of an article I wrote a while back (TreeCity Research & Development, 2010):

In 1978, Mr. J. P. Ray applied for a U.S. Patent on a new invention that claimed to be a smokeless tobacco delivery system. This device could generate nicotine vapors from tobacco leaves by heating it to a temperature below the point of combustion but above the vaporization point for nicotine. Referred to as vaporization or volatilization, this device would deliver the active cannabinoids without any toxicity or byproducts. This concept works exactly the same for marijuana and its active cannabinoids compounds. Vaporizers heat cannabis to release active cannabinoids, but remain cool enough to avoid the smoke and toxins associated with combustion.

Many recent studies have shown that vaporization may reduce the overall byproducts and harm associated with combustion (Fischedick, Van Der Kooy, & Verpoorte, 2010; Pomahacova, Van der Kooy, & Verpoorte, 2009; Van Dam & Earleywine, 2010; Wilson et al., 2002). Using a Volcano vaporizing device, Abrams et al. (2007) showed reduced carbon monoxide (CO) delivery with equal THC concentrations when compared to normal combustion (Abrams et al., 2007). Others have shown significant differences in the cannabinoid to byproducts ratio in the vapor when compared to smoking (Pomahacova, et al., 2009). In other words, there was a significant decrease in the toxins while the THC/cannabinoids levels that reach the body were not changed. Earleywine & Barnwell (2007) revealed that the impact of a vaporizer was larger as the amount of cannabis used increased (Earleywine & Barnwell, 2007).

These data suggest that the safety of cannabis can increase dramatically with the use of a vaporizer. In addition, the data show that the more medication you inhale, the greater the benefit you will have from using a vaporizer compared to combustion methods. Patients who regularly use joints, blunts, pipes, and bongs to medicate might decrease unwanted respiratory symptoms by switching to a vaporizer (Earleywine & Barnwell, 2007).

Abrams, D. I., Vizoso, H. P., Shade, S. B., Jay, C., Kelly, M. E., & Benowitz, N. L. (2007). Vaporization as a smokeless cannabis delivery system: a pilot study. Clin Pharmacol Ther, 82(5), 572-578.
Earleywine, M., & Barnwell, S. S. (2007). Decreased respiratory symptoms in cannabis users who vaporize. Harm Reduct J, 4, 11.
Fischedick, J., Van Der Kooy, F., & Verpoorte, R. (2010). Cannabinoid receptor 1 binding activity and quantitative analysis of Cannabis sativa L. smoke and vapor. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo), 58(2), 201-207.
Pomahacova, B., Van der Kooy, F., & Verpoorte, R. (2009). Cannabis smoke condensate III: the cannabinoid content of vaporised Cannabis sativa. Inhal Toxicol, 21(13), 1108-1112.
Van Dam, N. T., & Earleywine, M. (2010). Pulmonary function in cannabis users: Support for a clinical trial of the vaporizer. Int J Drug Policy, 21(6), 511-513.
Wilson, D. M., Peart, J., Martin, B. R., Bridgen, D. T., Byron, P. R., & Lichtman, A. H. (2002). Physiochemical and pharmacological characterization of a Delta(9)-THC aerosol generated by a metered dose inhaler. Drug Alcohol Depend, 67(3), 259-267.

Just one researcher's humble conclusions...

Edit: Your the one who posted the pic of those jars in the storage jar thread, I bought the 12 pack. Thanks LOL ;)
Agreed, Ball mason jars are the only way to go.
I've never tried oil or wax tho. Do they taste as good as vaping?
Didn't get your answer here: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/taste-concentrate-vs-vape.8764/#post-354105

I'm actually glad you reposted as I always thought this question was better put in the general AskFC thread. You're going to get a biased opinion in the concentrate thread, you've already limited the people who might see your thread to mainly oil heads and people asking the same questions as you.

IMO its not just taste (which is different). The effects at that concentration are completely different than vaping. And the withdrawal from an oil binge can be nasty. Many who have gone on "oil benders" will tell you that your tolerance will be messed up for a while. Your bud will have very little efficacy after consuming oil for a long time.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
To stay on topic,

On topic? :huh:

Guys, this is the Mobius thread. If you want to talk about combusting in glass and what happens when you do, or the merits of vaping over smoking, take it to another thread.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: Jeppy

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
LOL @ goons response.

Did you really just give me the background information and history of vaporization?!?! I wasn't expecting that but it was a great story. If I wasn't lazy Id google all those names and get even more in depth with it. All I know is JP Ray is the man, and that makes me want to combust even less now tbh. Once you actively know something is harmful to you, your body tends to tell itself, chillll don't do it! LOL
Great post, gotta show love to the pioneers of the game! And yeah, I love these Ball jars, I love having many jars so the extras stay fresh while I dab a nug from another jar.

To stay on topic :lol:
I just wanted to know if combusting through my Clear would damage my Mobius in anyway if that makes sense. I was thinking maybe smoke stays in the glass, or the glass would turn yellow and never turn back, or it would just blow up because its such a beautifully crafted piece that deserves better then smoke!!!

To stay on topic :lol:
I just wanted to know if combusting through my Clear would damage my Mobius in anyway if that makes sense. I was thinking maybe smoke stays in the glass, or the glass would turn yellow and never turn back, or it would just blow up because its such a beautifully crafted piece that deserves better then smoke!!!
Permanent damage from combustion is unlikely. My advice if you DO decide to smoke through your Mobius is to clean it right after.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Alright thanks for all the advice. I got my slide, its there for display like a top on glass for your liquor.

In conclusion,
1. Smoking through your Mobius doesn't damage it immediately but over time can leave mysterious stains.
2. Make sure to clean your Mobius once your finished combusting to prevent the odor to build up into the glass.
3. Don't combust, especially a massive hit, because it tastes so bad, and your lungs will not feel good after.
4. Stay on topic.

What kind of sticker was supposed to be in the box? Was it a Mobius sticker or a Kultureva sticker? that Mobius logo is too sweet to not have a sticker for, if so I will have to complain until I get one!

Top Bottom