Mobius Flowerpot

nodrog

Wanted to drop y'all a note: I bought an infrared thermometer (about $20 on Amazon; Etekcity laser grip 1080) and have found it to be VERY useful in precise temperature control -- I hardly ever hit the smoke/burn point now. I get the cap to about the right temperature, set it on the bucket and then use the thermometer to identify the perfect point at which it vaporizes without burning. Just a tip! I'd been using my fingers a short distance from the hot cap --nerves are built-in thermometers -- to gauge the right temperature. However, cold hands or a colder room make that less predictable. I love using this infrared thermometer. Simple AND scientific vaping!

nodrog,

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
Funny you posted today.....I was just using the Flowerpot last night, getting some superb hits, and was thinking that is seems such a shame that this vape is not getting any love. Seems that you and I are the only ones on FC using it. It is easily one of my favorites. Just love it.

I have one of those temp thermometers, and never thought to try it---great idea!!

justvapin,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
How is this portable?
I could not imagine me carrying this thing around.
If you can't plug it in, then for the purposes of this forum it is considered portable. Not an ideal characterization I know, but the other option would be to call it a "plug-in" vaporizer and that it certainly isn't.

:peace:

BeardedCrow

If you can't plug it in, then for the purposes of this forum it is considered portable. Not an ideal characterization I know, but the other option would be to call it a "plug-in" vaporizer and that it certainly isn't.

:peace:
Ah ok, thanks for the clarification.

So it's portable within the home, which is nice too if I wanted to move from the kitchen to the bedroom

MinnBobber

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification.

So it's portable within the home, which is nice too if I wanted to move from the kitchen to the bedroom
It's portable away from the home too in that, for example, you could use it while camping in that it only needs remote heat. Butane torch and you're good to go anywhere. It does require dealing with breakable glass when portable but others do that now. Some bring a mini glass hydratube for use with their traditional stealth portables.

I'm hoping to try a Flowerpot sometime.

BeardedCrow

It's portable away from the home too in that, for example, you could use it while camping in that it only needs remote heat. Butane torch and you're good to go anywhere. It does require dealing with breakable glass when portable but others do that now. Some bring a mini glass hydratube for use with their traditional stealth portables.

I'm hoping to try a Flowerpot sometime.
That is the last piece of glass I'd bring camping! Looks too nice.
I'll bring my mobius nano matrix with banger...

BeardedCrow,

nodrog

Alright. I deleted the earlier video I made. I've been using the Mobius Flower Pot a lot lately, have really refined my technique by using an infrared thermometer for precise heat control. Check my updated, much better video:

nodrog,
Reactions: Prolusio

MinnBobber

@nodrog ,
someday I hope to own a Mobius Flowerpot too.
?? what size is the male joint on the FP heating element? Is it a 14 mm or 18 mm male joint?
I guess I'm really searching for what size is the female joint where you load the herb in?

You said that the male joint where the whole assembly slips into the bong is 14 male/ bong would be 14 mm female. That lower joint on the heating element portion/ entry joint to the herb chamber , looks like it could be bigger than the bong connection.

I'm trying to determine if the miniVAP Flexicone modules would fit here, to serve as a nice loading capsule.
If you are not familiar, pic below: Ready to drop into Herbalizer and breakdown of parts:
In pic, Herbie chamber has a Mighty Dosing Capsule in it. Flexicone far superior!!
Herbie%20w%20SB%20capsule.jpg

mV%20Flexi%20w%202%20screens.jpg

Degummed hemp fiber fiber and secondary hemp screen are optional

For me, a big criteria is--will the Flexicones work in a potential new vape ??

MinnBobber,
Top Bottom