MJ withdrawals.........something kinda interesting here.

lwien

So after doing a bit of research, apparently the two most common symptoms of abstaining from smoking herb is loss of appetite and bouts of insomnia, both of which are short lived and show up within 5 days of quitting and cease about 2 weeks out.

I've been smoking herb every day for years, hell, decades, but I just quit smoking it altogether, and started vaping about 2 and half weeks ago, and I am currently having the same symptoms as described above. Now I know that at normal to low vaping temps, we don't get all the CBN's that we get when we combust, so maybe it's CBN withdrawals that I'm experiencing........but man, I gotta tell ya, sleep has NEVER been a problem for me, and neither is over eating, but since I started vaping, I'm eating less, sleeping less and generally just feel better with more energy and an ability to fill my lungs with air to a much greater extent than I've been able to do for a very long time.

So my question to you guys that quit smoking altogether and just vape, did you also experience a loss of appetite and some bouts of insomnia for a bit?

Phaang

Fog Huffer
I never experienced this when I switched, but definitely experience the insomnia/depressed appetite when I take a break--usually within a day of stopping.

Phaang,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Well...my breaks are usually not self-induced! I started one tonight as I have a state exam in a few days and want to be at my best.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
In switching to vapor my appetite didn't change. My sleep improved-didn't wake up in the middle of the night anymore. Much happier lungs was the BIG difference. Better energy levels and no dopey hangover were also big. I didn't see the switch as any kind of withdrawal. It was more a diiference in the compounds I was getting (and not getting).

max,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
I still get the dopey hangover, but I wake up feeling physically "clean". Also, when I used to go to bed after smoking I would often suddenly wake up with an intensely irritated throat. Not any more.

I'm also able to control my usage much better with vapour. It might sound strange, but it's as if a "veil" has been lifted. Sometimes I need to be alert the next day so I'll choose not to vape the night before. When I was smoking I found this very difficult to do. Now if I run out of supplies it's no big deal, whereas when I was smoking it seemed like a disaster!

hazy,

lwien

hazy said:
I still get the dopey hangover, but I wake up feeling physically "clean". Also, when I used to go to bed after smoking I would often suddenly wake up with an intensely irritated throat. Not any more.

I'm also able to control my usage much better with vapour. It might sound strange, but it's as if a "veil" has been lifted. Sometimes I need to be alert the next day so I'll choose not to vape the night before. When I was smoking I found this very difficult to do. Now if I run out of supplies it's no big deal, whereas when I was smoking it seemed like a disaster!
Which kinda ties into what I originally experienced of going thru MJ withdrawals when I switched from smoking to vapor.

lwien,
These are actually the reasons I'm looking to start vaporizing. After smoking for 15 yrs it really didn't bother me what I was inhaling until I couldn't keep up with my 5 yrs old son (granted I'm not in the best shape of my life either :lol:). I want to be a part of my son's life for as long as possible so I've picked up on healthier habits...i.e vaporizing. Glad to know I'll be feeling better soon even if there are "symptoms" :).

personal_use,

lwien

Those symptoms are short-lived, but your gonna feel MUCH better long-term.

First thing you're gonna say one morning is, "OMG !!! I can actually fill my lungs with air.............and it feels good !!!

lwien,
Top Bottom