Discontinued MistVape Touch

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Mail was late today, naturally, so my package was waiting when I got home a few minutes ago. Batteries are charging on the new Nitecore D4. They started at 3.6V. I have no experience, but I'm guessing it won't take long. I'm hoping to hit this thing before dinner.

The box was somewhat crushed, which had me worried when I pulled it out of the mailbox. However, Dave had packed it well, so the internal box was fine.

I was surprised by the size. I had pictured it being slightly larger. I like how it fits my hand, and find it easy to touch the button.

The stems don't have a fragile feel to them, though I'll certainly try to avoid dropping them. I should have ordered a wood stem, but didn't want to spend the extra money right now. That'll probably happen soon though, if for no other reason than I like wood.

It's a beauty.

If they're brand new batteries you're in for a long wait actually... Sorry dude, potentially as long as almost four hours if I recall correctly?

RelaxedNow

If they're brand new batteries you're in for a long wait actually... Sorry dude, potentially as long as almost four hours if I recall correctly?

Yeah, I read up on batteries a little after I posted earlier., and after 2 hours they're at 3.9V. So, fuck it, I pulled one out of the charger and stuck it in the MVT. If I've lost a little battery life, I don't care.

I'll definitely have to work on perfecting my technique, but I imagine that's best done with a fully-charged battery. Anyway, this thing kicks ass. I've vaped one stem, and I'm pleasantly stoned. The ABV is dark in the center, but I think dumping it at that point doesn't waste enough weed to bother me, as it seems efficient in terms of getting me high.

I attempted to vape another stem, but I dropped the stem after the first draw........it stuck to my lips just long enough to pull it out, but not long enough to get my fingers on it. Yes, I think I'm stoned. One stem will do for now.

BTW, remember to turn on the new switch on the bottom before attempting to use it. I thought, just for a moment, that I'd received a faulty unit. That discussion with Dave would have been embarrassing.

EDIT: The stem drop occurred over a rug, so no harm.

Shit Snacks

Yeah, I read up on batteries a little after I posted earlier., and after 2 hours they're at 3.9V. So, fuck it, I pulled one out of the charger and stuck it in the MVT. If I've lost a little battery life, I don't care.

I'll definitely have to work on perfecting my technique, but I imagine that's best done with a fully-charged battery. Anyway, this thing kicks ass. I've vaped one stem, and I'm pleasantly stoned. The ABV is dark in the center, but I think dumping it at that point doesn't waste enough weed to bother me, as it seems efficient in terms of getting me high.

I attempted to vape another stem, but I dropped the stem after the first draw........it stuck to my lips just long enough to pull it out, but not long enough to get my fingers on it. Yes, I think I'm stoned. One stem will do for now.

BTW, remember to turn on the new switch on the bottom before attempting to use it. I thought, just for a moment, that I'd received a faulty unit. That discussion with Dave would have been embarrassing.

EDIT: The stem drop occurred over a rug, so no harm.

Your first lipstick incident! A classic with glass stem vapes like this (we coined that term back in Zion lol) Glad you're getting on well, not too difficult is it? Simply great performance :tup:

Last edited:

RelaxedNow

Your first lipstick incident! A classic with glass stem vapes like this (we coonced that term back in Zion lol) Glad you're getting on well, not too difficult is it? Simply great performance :tup:

Yep, I've read that, but I guess it's necessary to actually experience it in order to remember. I'm sure it won't be my last time anyway though.

No, I didn't find it difficult at all. I've owned a OG Firefly and a OG Elevape, so I have some understanding of the importance of draw speed. Of course, I've also read tons of good stuff on FC, particularly this thread and the Milaana (which I haven't tried), so I know I need to get some practice with both draw and button press, not to mention maybe grind and loading. That's really just a quest for perfection though, because I was pretty happy with the results from the first stem, in terms of flavor, clouds and effect. I just know it will get better with experience.

Keep in mind that I may be on a honeymoon, but I believe it's a good device.

EDIT:
2nd stem in, and I'm really liking the Mistvape Touch. I'll admit to being a lightweight, but I'm still surprised by the effect from so little weed. I can't even finish this load just yet. No. I'm not a shill, just stoned and rambling.

As I edit this, I'm thinking about the great flavor I just experienced. Wow! Nice after-taste. Problem is, I can't remember if I ate that apple before, or after, that last stem. Did I mention I'm stoned?

Mods are welcome to merge this with the previous post if they wish.

Below is a shot of the Before and After on my Touch. It's a little unevenly baked, and could have used a stir, but I felt I'd gotten most of the goodness out of it. This was finely ground, dried out weed.....some leftovers in a ziplock. I was too lazy to go upstairs for fresh stash.

I'm still finding it really easy to use. That's funny, because I was feeling some apprehension in advance of receiving it. After all, I've made some poor vaporizer choices along the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@RelaxedNow glad to hear you are enjoying the Touch. It is very cool to get great feedback. I use mine routinely and like it a lot but I'm biased. So to hear from others is sweet
Back in the day it was always great to gather friends to share a newly acquired treasure and enjoy music, friends and tasty herb. It was one of life's simple pleasure, so getting the Touch out there and having people enjoy it brings back those great days in a very cool way.

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
@RelaxedNow glad to hear you are enjoying the Touch. It is very cool to get great feedback. I use mine routinely and like it a lot but I'm biased. So to hear from others is sweet

Yeah, it IS great. You know, I'm sold for a backup... New version. :drool::love:
Glad to see people hopping on - it's a winner for sure! Absolute no-brainer to buying this thing, if you like vaping. :nod:

@Lookatmeglow Pretty sure you'll like this thing! :p

RelaxedNow

@RelaxedNow about how many bowls are you getting per full charge? Looks like it is extracting very well from the pictures. Have you had any combustion yet? Last question, what is your heating patern?

I'm just getting more and more excited for this one.

I don't yet have any idea of the charge life. The first battery was at 3.9V when I started, and was at 3.7 or 3.8 (can't recall precisely) after 2 bowls. I put the 2nd battery in, to see if 4.2V made a difference, and I've done 2 bowls with that one now. I may never be able to really answer that question, as I'm not good at keeping track. Also, I'm not worried about $5-$6 battery life, so I'll probably charge sooner than necessary most times. As far as 3.7/3.8 - 4.2 volts, I'm not recognizing a difference, though maybe I will when I'm more experienced.

No combustion, except perhaps a tiny spot of fine grind on my very first draw. I may have gotten a little hot on that one, but it wasn't enough to affect flavor much, and not at all on the next bowl. All it took was one draw to begin dialing in my technique (Note that I did say "begin").

I'm sure I'm not settled on technique yet, but I'm generally pre-heating about 5 seconds for the first draw, then steadily drawing while alternately touching the button and releasing for 1-2 seconds (on 1second, off 1, OR on 2, off 2), then continuing the draw after the final release of the button. On subsequent draws I'm only pre-heating for 2-3 seconds, then the same on/off procedure. Of course, keep in mind that this was some really dry, very finely ground weed. Most of my stash is stored in Mason jars with Boveda packs, which I'll give a try in the Touch soon.

Yes, I'm enjoying it, and my wife approved of it as well. Just like me, she was impressed with the flavor. I was afraid she'd struggle with technique, but she followed my lead (well, that of other FC members, who I followed), and did fine.

I really thought the learning curve would be steeper, but I think if a person has used any on-demand vaporizer previously, they should be able to pick this up pretty quickly. If they haven't used one, it may take slightly longer to catch on, but not dauntingly so.

In my opinion it is a lot easier to get good vapor on this than my other on-demand units.

DanTeDays

It [is] always great to gather friends to share a newly acquired treasure and enjoy music... It [is] one of life's simple pleasure,

Is it possible to engrave this quote at the bottom of the vaporizer?
Just a small quote from yourself to give that unique personality.
Similar to the Magic Flight Launch Box.

On another note, would you work with Purpleheart or Leadwood?
Like these woods, love them when the heartwood and sapwood meet.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Still digging my beta Touch, it never quit my desk and sits close of my ESV and MiniVap on the Daily Driver's place.
I need to test it in a true "on the go" situation but, to be honnest, I prefer to carry around some cheap chinese session vapes than my precious MistVape Touch....if only I could travel more I would have more testing situations.
My mains "on the go" times are in the restaurant (not stealth enough), driving car (not the better since you need to rotate the stem at least) and while riding my horses outside. The rest of the time I have too much things to do with my hands to handle a vape except a wax vape pen for a short and quick hit.

Happy to say I can expect my production unit in the next weeks!
Is it possible to engrave this quote at the bottom of the vaporizer?
True nice marketing idea!

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@DanTeDays I'm open to accent wood of any variety. I'm concerned with using wood other than maple for the heater chamber area. My concern is taste, purpleheart, coco bolo and other exotics have characteristic odors. In many cases I like the smell of those but I don't want them in my vapor. I would have to experiment with them to see what actually works and at the moment i don't have time to do that.
Engraving a quote would add to the time and cost. Also engraving can be very tedious since the difference of a few thousandths changes it from a nicely engraved text passage to a blob, especially with small text. So nice thought, maybe down the road.
@sickmanfraud I know I need to update the pic but I have too many things to do. I haven't even posted the new model on IG. Actually I have to admit that I'm still in vacation mode a bit. Just starting to put in full days and planning.
For those on the list I did ship 6 units this week so everyone moves up a few notches. Considering having a page added to the website where you can enter your email and get your current position. Gotta get a quote from my IT person and see what that will cost.
Making coils now and then have to cut heater chambers to gear up for the next big batch. I did a small run to confirm the new changes and everything went great so next week will be really busy.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
While I fight off the burning desire to repurchase the newer version of the touch I just saw the posts of I will say how great the new colored stems are. Love the amber one, but the black one is my favorite. I would of thought I'd dislike it the most, but for some reason it just really works on it to me. The amber one makes me think 70's vibe.

The touch has a fancy black stem for formal occasions now.
IMG_20170126_195411.jpg

IMG_20170126_195805.jpg

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
While I fight off the burning desire to repurchase the newer version of the touch I just saw the posts of I will say how great the new colored stems are. Love the amber one, but the black one is my favorite. I would of thought I'd dislike it the most, but for some reason it just really works on it to me. The amber one makes me think 70's vibe.

The touch has a fancy black stem for formal occasions now.
IMG_20170126_195411.jpg

IMG_20170126_195805.jpg

Thanks for sharing these great pics with us!
Like them both. Very classy! :brow:

DanTeDays

@DanTeDays I'm open to accent wood of any variety. I'm concerned with using wood other than maple for the heater chamber area. My concern is taste, purpleheart, coco bolo and other exotics have characteristic odors. In many cases I like the smell of those but I don't want them in my vapor. I would have to experiment with them to see what actually works and at the moment i don't have time to do that.
Engraving a quote would add to the time and cost. Also engraving can be very tedious since the difference of a few thousandths changes it from a nicely engraved text passage to a blob, especially with small text. So nice thought, maybe down the road.

That is fair enough on the above.
It is understandable that changes are time consuming and require testing.

DanTeDays,

RelaxedNow

I pulled out some fresh stash yesterday and gave it a try in the Touch, with a rough grind. I had some trouble in attempting to get clouds without over-heating the herb, as compared to the great results I'd been getting with finely ground dry weed. It seemed that the moist herb had to be significantly hotter to produce vapor, which was no surprise, but it was as though the over-heat threshold was a very fine line. However, now that I've played with it for about 6-8 stems total, I may have learned something.

It occurred to me that when using the fine grind and dry weed, I was packing fairly tight, in order to keep it from falling out of the stem, and got great vapor. On the other hand, I was packing the moist herb very loosely, thinking it would be best to allow more airflow, but I was struggling to get good vapor.

So, on my last stem, using the rough-ground moist herb (stored at 62% relative humidity), I tried a tight pack. Since it was moist, I activated the heater just a bit longer than with the dry, but not as long as I did with the loosely packed moist herb. What a difference the tighter pack made! I was rewarded with great vapor, and it didn't seem that I was walking a tightrope to avoid combustion.

So, Mistvape Touch users, I'm wondering; Does what I'm saying make sense to other users of the Touch? Are you finding that a tight pack is ALWAYS preferable with this device?

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@RelaxedNow great observation. I always lightly tamp my stems so the herb doesn't fall out. @paytonpenn I think mentioned packing once.
I just tried a technique from @Alan , you place a screen over the load. This seems to disperse the heat some and with a loose pack you can get a bit hotter without combusting. Also it really works great. I'll try to post pics. Essentially @Alan sent me some flat circular screens which fit into the Touch stems. I loaded the stem about 50 to 70% and then squeezed the flat screen into position. After several hits I popped the screen and stirred replaced the screen and continued. I think two stirs and got a huge amount of vapor from a relatively tiny load. Has anyone else tried this?
I generally don't stir because then the herb is too dry and it falls out of the stem but the extra screen is great.

Shit Snacks

@RelaxedNow great observation. I always lightly tamp my stems so the herb doesn't fall out. @paytonpenn I think mentioned packing once.
I just tried a technique from @Alan , you place a screen over the load. This seems to disperse the heat some and with a loose pack you can get a bit hotter without combusting. Also it really works great. I'll try to post pics. Essentially @Alan sent me some flat circular screens which fit into the Touch stems. I loaded the stem about 50 to 70% and then squeezed the flat screen into position. After several hits I popped the screen and stirred replaced the screen and continued. I think two stirs and got a huge amount of vapor from a relatively tiny load. Has anyone else tried this?
I generally don't stir because then the herb is too dry and it falls out of the stem but the extra screen is great.

Yeah it works great with heat island, and people like doing that with his Milaana stems too. I did notice his screens fit Mist stems well, so plan to try it soon with his when they come and yours too. The only thing is it makes loading, unloading, and stirring more tedious to have to remove and replace that top screen... Only thing that keeps stopping me actually

By the way the new stems came the other day, first order on the new site and it all works really well! I'll follow up with a photo of everything soon, but the colored glass stems are super nice, as is the sample male to male (tried through water last night but need to perfect technique, was definitely easier with inline honeycomb bubbler vs pnwt little hydrotube) and the four battery case is pretty awesome actually. Highly recommend any MVT owners grab these and other great accessories over on the new web store asap!

Some day I will use them in the updated unit too, once things get caught up as they are still expanding with more to come that will enhance production... But if you ever want to test out how a purpleheart unit would work vs maple @mistvaporizer, I am certainly down to try/buy :tup:

Last edited:

RelaxedNow

Yes, I'm probably packing similarly to @paytonpenn, in terms of how tight it is, though for me if the stem is slightly less than full, the herb has been cooking more evenly from center to edge. Of course, my technique thus far (draw speed, etc.), could also be a factor in this. Or, it could just be subjective opinion, in that perhaps I haven't used it enough to really know anything yet.

I'm not ready to try the screen thing just yet. Maybe later. Thanks for the suggestion.

@PPN I actually load the MVT to the brim like a couple millimeters over and flatten it.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
For what it's worth, there's not a single vape in my signature where packing the load was not beneficial.

For conduction vapes it's obvious and easily explainable (less air between plant bits = more conduction) For convection it's less intuitive but if you don't pack hot air will just take the path of least resistance and flow around the plant bits without having time to extract anything.

Of course if you pack too much you'll get other issues like tunneling etc... Just find the right balance, like with everything in life.

DanTeDays

Packing the load means that the material is held into place (kind of).
Not packing it at all means that the material is able to move around when air is drawn in, no?

But if you ever want to test out how a purpleheart unit would work vs maple @mistvaporizer, I am certainly down to try/buy :tup:

I would be more than happy, as well, to test a unit and report back!

Top Bottom