Discontinued MistVape Touch

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Got a new batch going. 3 standard frames are complete as well as 3 custom frames and 9 standard frames are almost done. Custom and standard frames are on the website and are ready to ship.
AbT7r3E.jpg

I should have some blue stems ready next week with green and amber to follow soon.

little maggie

Just wondering if you have any update. And do all the essences stems work with the MVT? I have the wong and really like it but it looks like there's another stem made for the essence that I think I would prefer for the MVT than the glass ones.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@little maggie the glass shop has been busy and hasn't finished the stems yet.
All the stems should work with either vape, they are 14 mm and made to be like the standard 14/20 glass stems. The glass stem that comes with the Essence is the same one that comes with the Touch and the WonG is the same for both.
Glad you like the WonG, I just ordered a bunch of them. The wood shop expects to ship in 6 weeks.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I very recently acquired this beautiful, fun and effective pre-owned MVT. I have some observations, one or two questions. First, the grind and dryness factors. I'm treating this as I treat my log vapes, a good fine grind with the space case with no particular drying protocol such as with the MFLB. Works fine, works great.

The glass stem. That actually is a bit of an issue. The matter of getting a good snug fit without exerting too much pressure. Turning it clockwise until it locks in a slight forward push direction is not the answer. My best results are by rather a slight forward nudge after inserted and a very slight turn seems to lock it well enough.

Sensor thumb pressure and placement. The sensor does require a slight amount of thumb pressure but not much. I find that I get best results aiming for the center of the sensor, although this can be my imagination. It's nice to toggle the sensor to clear the stem and then rebake. With the MVT i find that I can inhale deep long thick hits without any discomfort, which is another unique quality to this vape in my opinion.

Alternating between the MVT and the MFLB makes for very heady sessions!

So there weren't many questions but I wanted to say hi as a new MVT fan, and any comments on my initial experiences would be appreciated.

LwMGI7i.jpg

Last edited:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@jeffp glad you are enjoying the Touch. The grind seems somewhat personal and I think it varies a bit based on your technique. I tend to use a medium fine grind and then lightly pack the load so it is a consistent density with no obvious air channels. Seems you have found a grind that works well for you.
One of these days I would like to see a standardized way to describe grinds.
The stem can be tricky but I have found that gentle lateral pressure will free it up easy enough. Just don't lean on it with a lot of pressure. Some suggest a bit of beeswax on the joint to make it easier to deal with, glass joints are often lubricated with silicone grease in chemistry labs but I don't think that would be good for vaping.

@jeffp I believe your stuff is in the mail, I just sent out the purple heart stir tool/collar and extra stem.
The touch sensor is triggered by about an ounce of force, extreme force could break something. Anything sharp can damage it, avoid digging in with sharp nails.
Glad you like it, tell your friends! I have units in stock and have some custom trim units available.

Last edited:

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
@mistvaporizer thanks for the reply. I love the homemade vibe of this vape; I don't see the need for beeswax on the stem joint, getting it snug without much pressure into the unit is very doable.
Having said that, i ordered an extra stem just to be on the safe side, along with your stir tool system, which looks really cool and ingenious. Right now I'm stirring with a SSV stir tool which is fine, or a toothpick, but I'm looking forward to the upgrade. More stirring represents less hotspots and amazing efficiency. I load the stem the same way, tamping it down slightly to ensure that the load is secure inside the glass while upside down.

I find that the first hit is an explosion of flavor that I haven't experienced with other vapes. It's nice.

I'd like some clarity on the sensor and warmup. I usually let it warm for a few seconds before drawing. then continue and release to clear and then either stop or continue. As far as thumb pressure, of course there's a concern that too much may be too much and unnecessary as well. I understand that after a while you just sort of know.

I really had no idea that portable vapes were at this level of performance now, which is why in the past I never really pursued them. I wasn't willing to compromise quality for convenience. This is truly a great vaporizer, I'm really enjoying it.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Just got the new blue stems. These have a tube welded inside the original stem to provide a seat for the cup screens.
K9KlU8k.jpg

4.75" overall, 4" of stem above the joint

593s84f.jpg

2.75" overall, 2" of stem above the joint

PpohSvH.jpg

looking down into where the cup screen sits

YZn9Kns.jpg

This is the mouthpiece end, the clear inner circle is the support tube. The different colors make it look rough but it is very smooth.
I have them in the store www.mistvaporizer.com

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Got a pre-owned mist touch vape on its way to me. Also brought the maple wong as i like wood stems.

Any hints or usage tips?

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Got a pre-owned mist touch vape on its way to me. Also brought the maple wong as i like wood stems.

Any hints or usage tips?

there's a few good YT vids that demonstrate, you should check it out, but like any vaporizer you don't want to pack the bowl, just tamp the surface to remove air pockets and adhere the bud inside the stem. Push the sensor, lightly but firmly and watch for the light indicator on the side(s). When you see the light glow keep your finger pressed but start inhaling and from there you can pulse (release and renew finger pressure on the sensor) as you're hitting. And like most other vapes you want to stir the bowl incrementally. The stir tool that's available on the site is perfect, and it's perfect in several respects. But without that you can definitely get by, just by being careful not to spill out the bud as you're stirring. But if you do just put it back in- it's not a big deal.

The first hit is your "flavor hit." You won't see much vapor for the first hit but it will be a blast of flavor that's unique. It's a great vape, I think once you get the hang of it you'll be very happy. Also remember to put the POSITIVE end of the battery up - that's very important.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I normally only heat for about 3 seconds before beginning inhale then I keep the button held as I inhale. I raise the inhale speed as I feel the heat rise. The trick is not increasing your inhale speed past the temperature rise until you want to clear.

There are times where I just start inhaling right when I press the button. I don't find this vape requires much preheating especially if you know you're doing a second hit after the first within the next couple minutes. Although my lack of preheating is due to good airflow control and manual temperature sensing, practice makes perfect.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
I agree with @paytonpenn I generally heat for a couple seconds and then start a very slow draw sensing the heat and then increasing draw speed to control temp. You have to be careful with this or you will run of draw before you're done. Just be aware of what you are doing and you will find the technique that is perfect for you, the Touch provides the power and you the fine tuning. You may find turning the stem helpful a turn or two and then a stir seems to provide for thorough extraction.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I agree also, having just experimented. Three seconds warmup and hit, period. Turning the stem between hits is a great idea, it's what we do with the standard SSV with manual control during hits.

jeffp,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Thanks for the tips.

So is there a light when you press the button?

Sounds like less technique that the Milaana.

oddjobold,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks for the tips.

So is there a light when you press the button?

Sounds like less technique that the Milaana.

No light, technique is similar not really less, just s more forgiving learning curve traditionally. However having a current Milaana now, I'm not sure I can say that anymore either... Both manual unregulated pure convection on demand so yeah

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I really appreciate having this cleared up, hitting it after a few seconds of warmup gives you the desired results. I personally was not burning product, but i tended to (in the old days when I was waiting for the initial glow to begin inhale) release the sensor fairly quickly upon inhale and take it from there. I find that very often the clear is half the hit. Very satisfying, the hits can be massive but never uncomfortable. Ergonomics are great and I like the simplicity and just the general vibe of it. Aside from my launch box this is my first portable and I'm totally enjoying it - it gets used daily. Great purchase in the FC classifieds.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Got my MVT today thankyou @sk8man121.

Had a couple of goes really like it. My thoughts:

Cons (all quite minor tbh):
  • Has a cheaper feel than a Milaana.
  • I dont like the switch at the bottom. Should be a differnt sort. Its got a tiny toggle which you need nails to use and feels cheap.
  • Little bigger than i thought - however still pocketable. Still a true portable. (Swapped this for a tubox because it was too big).
Pros:
  • Flavour. Wow i think the flavour is perhaps better than my old Milaana v1. I need some more testing to be sure but its top notch.
  • I prefer the switch idea on the bottom to the guitar pick. Makes it less combersome. Wish it was a differnt type of switch but makes for a better form factor.
  • Seems very effecient. Was getting a lot of puffs from a little pinch.
  • Seems more forgiving than the Milaana. You can go quite heavy on the trigger.
  • Vapor is very smooth did not cough once and i have paper thin lungs.
Overall i am very happy. Was thinking about buying a new Milaana - but dont think ill bother now i have this. MVT, vapcap and splinter should keep me happy a long while. Hopefully.

Order the maple wong, i prefer sucking on wood haha. Is thst the same size as the standard stem?

NizzyJones

Maple WonG: Assuming they're the same batch as came with the Essence mines about 1/4" longer.

NizzyJones,
Top Bottom