Milaana 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquirrelMaster

What are the choices for getting a 14mm adapter? Would any 19mm to 14mm male to make do the trick?

Not just any adapter will work because of the shallow depth required compared to standard glass fittings. I bought some 18mm male to 14mm male adapters and then took my Dremel to them. It was kind of a pain but I have never had luck finding them in stock from RBT so this was the next best option. If you don't own a Dremel you could contact Ryan@rastabuddhatao.com and ask if he has more coming in and could set one aside. Another option is finding a local glass blower that could make one for you. I don't know of any other sotes that have stock.

GetLeft

I've used silicone effectively with 18mm stems or adapters that bottom out inside the Mi joint due to their length. For a long time I used silicone to fit a 14mm stem into an 18mm Milaana joint. Which isn't a terrible way to use the Mi, now that I remember. I'd sit a 14mm rimmed screen into a tapered 14mm stem, slip a ring of silcone around the tapered end of the stem then fit that into the 18 mm Mi joint. Worked very well.

akit4so

Tobacco Vapourist
Let us know how the temporary button works for ya.
I got an alternative(temporary) button.
https://imgur.com/a/pu80vgp
Looks same button of Mi3.
RBT Officially one is still stuck in Los Angeles.

Mi3 is recovered after installed this button.

Once try to install temporary button, it should works for Mi3.
Button specific is AC/DC 36v 2A.

I hope this is help for you.

joner

So I just received my number 117/500 last Friday (international PayPal invoice from 18 Aug 2019), and I have been totally enamored by it.

Over the past few months I have basically only been using my Dynavap M and E-Nano (and sometimes my Lotus) while my mighty/crafty, MV1, Tubo, and Tera have collected dust.

Im a microdoser by nature, always trying to get the best performance out of the smallest amount of bud I can. My Mi3 is the best microdoser of all my vapes, I can get 3-4 nice clouds from a load size smaller than sprinkling the screen in my E-Nano. Doesn't seem to matter how little I put in, I get nice, hard hitting draws that are tailored to what I want at the time. Very versatile. My other battery portables seem to need a minimum amount to work satisfactorily, which is why I found myself using just my dyna and nano. Now I reach for my Mi3 before my dyna for portable use. I still seem to take my dyna out and about with me, probably due to the mi's glass.

All other things aside, this thing just straight up rips. It really is a performer. Nice full clouds right from first pull with short draws and virtually no heat thru the tapered mouthpiece. I really wanted to get used to it with a short straight pipe style stem so that I could sense the heat. It's very intuitive and provides just the hit I want upon demand.

I like to take my avb dark, and it's easy to take it as far as you want with it. The taste is very pure to me, could be the new stem. I love how the temp ramps up the more you hold the button than modulate to regulate the hit. There is some draw resistence, limited by the small intake hole with the rbt triangles around it, but it offers a standardized draw (you can't overdraw it - somewhat user friendly).

It blows me away with its simplicity, styling, and performance/efficiency. Seems like it would be easy to service/repair if necessary as well. I imagine as long as you can get glass and batteries, you could get this rig to run. Seems to be built to last. I Iove simple vapes and this one is just that.

The milaana 3 is just my kinda vape, and has finally driven me to put the rest of my battery powered portables up for sale, reducing my collection to just Dynavap M, E-Nano, Milaana 3, Lotus and of course keeping my volcano classic (which will pump out bags for eternity).

I also have a splinter that I've used quite extensively in wattage mode, and this Mi3 is a completely different animal. I'm keeping my splinter for backup use.
I'm very pleased with my purchase/patience.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Good writeup @joner. Yeah, my Milaana 3 is great for rapid extraction too and I've never felt at risk of combustion. Hit up the Splinter thread to make sure yours is dialed in. With the right mod and settings a Splinter or Splinter Z complements the Milaana really well. Nowadays I'll sometimes use my Milaana 3 for a final hit on a TC Splinter bowl.

joner

Good writeup @joner. Yeah, my Milaana 3 is great for rapid extraction too and I've never felt at risk of combustion. Hit up the Splinter thread to make sure yours is dialed in. With the right mod and settings a Splinter or Splinter Z complements the Milaana really well. Nowadays I'll sometimes use my Milaana 3 for a final hit on a TC Splinter bowl.

Thanks for the tips @bossman , I've been following along. I don't have a TC mod to go with it, but I've been looking to get one. But honestly, I'm not into fiddling with settings and options and all that, that's why the Mi3 is appealing to me so much. When I have settings in front of me, I'm always wondering if I have the optimal settings for the situation, tweaking things on the go all that. I love having no options, and just working the button on the milaana.

I realize once I had the splinter TC dialed in it could be like that, but I really just enjoy the no-options approach with the milaana.

kurt6652

You can decrease the resistance too, by not seating the stem completely. A loose seal allows some cooler air .

kurt6652,

204Markie

@204Markie ,
Hard to say whether it belongs here or not. Yes, there is an RBT shipping thread, but on April 5 Ryan post HERE that all orders up thru Oct 31, 2019 had been delivered (international to follow in next couple of weeks).
This thread has been the pre-order thread and the post delivery thread, with Ryan popping in to say he's all over customer service now, and apparently the Mi3 is still 'pre-release', so all of this in my mind is fair game in this thread.

@Dreuft,
Have you emailed Ryan directly, like he asked folks to?

If you saw his IG live he was testing the buttons for the remaining Mi3's. He isnt the only one that hasnt received his. MANY of them still remain and me included. So they will be on the way.

Vapor Dude

Thank you for sharing your enjoyment of the Milaana 3 @joner. It is truly a primal vape that lets me create my vape like an artist. The ability to modulate the power makes it epic and personal.

Just as a matter of interest by owning one of the original 500 made that were serialized, we made history. In the far future when they are vaping with Laser heaters or the such, the Milaana 3 will be gaining it's intrinsic, and antiquity value. Who knows it may be on display in a museum for 21st century inventions at that time. Could it be on a new future Pawn Stars history show then? Just kidding folks.

Last edited:

tb42091

This seems awfully early compared to what ryan was saying in his last post but it looks like the next batch of Mi3s are getting worked on, just had my label created.

I've prepared with a few new VTC6s, and am preparing my ring finger to be the trigger finger :lol:

I'm not quite sure whether this batch has the already updated button or not, but I'm glad they are so easily user replaceable. Like a few of you I would love to throw on a brass button instead of the silver one to match the rest of the metal.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I’m pretty thrilled to be posting up pics of my MI3! The real icing on this MI3 adventure was winning a Splinter V2 in a live feed the other night and now having them show up in the same box. Holy shimoly. @RastaBuddhaTao thanks for coming through Ryan.
8-F49-A9-FF-9379-4119-9391-DABAB71-F5-AC6.jpg

C9-FBCFD4-1-B88-4-D35-A990-38-C099-D453-F3.jpg

2-A395-A43-0-B7-D-4260-8-B23-DF0-B34-BAD23-B.jpg

SquirrelMaster

I’m pretty thrilled to be posting up pics of my MI3! The real icing on this MI3 adventure was winning a Splinter V2 in a live feed the other night and now having them show up in the same box. Holy shimoly. @RastaBuddhaTao thanks for coming through Ryan.
8-F49-A9-FF-9379-4119-9391-DABAB71-F5-AC6.jpg

C9-FBCFD4-1-B88-4-D35-A990-38-C099-D453-F3.jpg

2-A395-A43-0-B7-D-4260-8-B23-DF0-B34-BAD23-B.jpg

Congrats on the win, that's awesome! Where is your water stem from? I know I've seen them before but I don't recall where.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Thanks @SquirrelMaster , @jbm is spot on. I bought this awhile ago from @DDave. I believe it was some sort of limited run maybe due to taking a slightly larger basket screen and If memory serves it was only like $15. I think it was sold as a dry only cooling stem. I’ve never put water in it. It’s is heavy and thick and I won’t be leaving this stored in the MI3. I tend worry about breaking stuff and use this one sparingly because at the moment it would not be easy to replace. DDave does have a similar option but it needs an adapter making it look less sleek.

https://www.ddavemods.com/store/c11/Box_Mod_Vaporizer_Mods.html

jbm

@SquirrelMaster , @jbm is spot on. I bought this awhile ago from @DDave. I believe it was some sort of limited run maybe due to taking a slightly larger basket screen and If memory serves it was only like $15. I think it was sold as a dry only cooling stem. I’ve never put water in it. It’s is heavy and thick and I won’t be leaving this stored in the MI3. I tend worry about breaking stuff and use this one sparingly because at the moment it would not be easy to replace. DDave does have a similar option but it needs an adapter making it look less sleek.

https://www.ddavemods.com/store/c11/Box_Mod_Vaporizer_Mods.html
Right, I had forgotten that he had made a revised version while back. I agree with you, I like the one we have better. Even if I don't use it that often, but I think I'll hit the Mi3 with it tonight.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I have the DDave cooling stem like the one pictured above, love it with water. The drawback for me is it works so well I sometimes combust the load before I notice any 'heat' at all, because for me, by the time I taste it it's too late!

I'm a couple of months in now with Mi3 after having a Splinter for many months. I am still on some kinda learning curve with each of them. Each has moments of very high satisfaction but they each have times that frustrate me. I really think it's more me than the vapes' problem; after those first delicious hits I can easily loose concentration and can no longer be trusted to modulate - or moderate - anything...

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Last night I abandoned my stems and began using my GonG 19/19 M2M adapter on my knockoff Mobius hitting it dry. Once I did this I was really able see how much vapor and when vapor production began. This is helping me hone in my feathering technique. It’s amazing how once the heater starts producing vapor and you let off the button the vapor continues to just pour out for longer than I would expect it to. It’s very satisfying to watch through the Mobius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom