Mighty Vs. Firewood

Fart_Goblin

Again, I say no... I have no trouble getting body effects with tinymight, it is very powerful and can extract very fast! What Blackstone described, if you want head high keep the temp low if you want body high turn the dial up... Both can get the herb black if you want them to... The difference comes down to, you vaporizing by inhaling hot air through the herb, or having the herbs sit in the oven cooking for you so you can inhale vapor already made (and continuing to be made), basically it is a usage style is all...
Ah ok thanks for the clarification, you had me worried for a second that I had to start my research all over again!

I have no problem climbing the learning curve as far as the temps and everything goes, and between those two options I really can't comment as my vape experience is so limited.. I imagine I might develop a preference once I have a vape in my hand and have used it for some time, but if they are all great vapes that most everyone here seems to be happy with I'm sure I will be too

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Ah ok thanks for the clarification, you had me worried for a second that I had to start my research all over again!

I have no problem climbing the learning curve as far as the temps and everything goes, and between those two options I really can't comment as my vape experience is so limited.. I imagine I might develop a preference once I have a vape in my hand and have used it for some time, but if they are all great vapes that most everyone here seems to be happy with I'm sure I will be too

Sounds like you're on the right track. Keep researching and learning, and welcome to the hobby!

blackstone

You may get an adequate body high from convection, and you might not need the level of it that I have grown to like.
But even if I take my reputable convection desktops to nasty taste town and close to combustion, fill them with balls, or heat the bowl up very well, gram for gram I cannot replicate the level or type of body high or comfort that I personally am used to getting from my hybrid heating vapes, that's why I first posted here!
Yes, a Fuckin serious head high for me I do admit. Like blow a hole out of your brain powerful.
We are all different too, who knows which one you will like most!

In some time we might hear more opinions on the matter, because Boundless (and maybe others) are planning to make a vape where you can switch from conduction only to convection only and even in between to hybrid too!
Don't know if it will be a great vape but should help people starting out to find their groove.

I dislike how conduction only vapes can make all materials taste quite same ish, but hybrids don't suffer so badly from that thankfully.
I've heard it said that the tinymight does offer some conduction from hot glass.
Hope I didn't make all this more confusing for you!
It's probably not that important for now as long as you don't buy a taste killer Pax imo!
And if you did eat your Abv and consume reclaim or stem milk, you should be getting your full RDA anyway no matter what the vape!

The difference comes down to, you vaporizing by inhaling hot air through the herb, or having the herbs sit in the oven cooking for you so you can inhale vapor already made (and continuing to be made), basically it is a usage style is all...

But the taste can be totally different too, yes? And doesn’t conduction only make people more tired too, or sleep better?
And maybe more red eyes as well? And conduction ABV is generally darker?
Some of these factors were present too much in conduction only Pax for me to the point that it was no good in social situations, but hybrid vapes have a good blend of everything for my own tastes.
Convection would be great socially too I imagine except for the longer draws maybe being a conversation killer!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
But the taste can be totally different too, yes? And doesn’t conduction only make people more tired too, or sleep better?
And maybe more red eyes as well? And conduction ABV is generally darker?

Not really, no, no, no, and not necessarily :D

Some of these factors were present too much in conduction only Pax for me to the point that it was no good in social situations, but hybrid vapes have a good blend of everything for my own tastes.

Not necessarily hybrid even, it is a huge difference between session conduction and on demand conduction, digital vs analog, temp regulation vs open loop... The Pax is slow and underpowered, yes the way it extracts, but no not the conduction per se... There is so much variation within the hybrid category that that distinction is almost meaningless imo

Convection would be great socially too I imagine except for the longer draws maybe being a conversation killer!

Convection does not necessarily need long draws, I take very long draws with my FW7 or IQ2 just as often as I take short draws in my TM or Tafée Bowle...

I just think you are generalizing too much based on very subjective factors... You found what works for you, but I don't think it is a universal truth, personally based on my own experience... The chemical compounds' extraction is a much more complicated than "body high" "head high" regardless

justcametomind

Hey I am completely open to any and all portable electric vapes (really not looking to use anything involving butane at the moment), it was just my general impression that the Tinymight and the Firewood are the 2 top portable vapes right now.

I'm honestly open to any and all suggestions for portable vapes beyond the TM and the FW (though yes the sexy wood finish is a factor I'll admit haha) it's just those are the two I see mentioned the most.

Really anything portable that will give me a similar type of effect that I would get from smoking a joint would be perfect for me (that is not butaine based)
Do you tipically smoke a full joint or a good portion of it each time?
If that's the case I'd go with a Mighty or Minivap.
The fun thing with TM or F7 or Bowle is that you can have just a few hits and don't need to wait minutes heating up the vape.
But if you tipically like to have more than a few hits per time, it may be better to buy a session vape, like the Mighty, which replicates well the joint experience and is (imho) the gold standard for people who have to switch from smoking (and can afford it).
Mighty and Minivap have been used in clinical studies, comply with international safety standards, are the safest option along with Volcano and do not burn your weed under any circumstance. Artisanal vapes can scorch/combust and imho TM efficiency is inferior to Mighty/Minivap/Volcano.
If I want to get close to full extraction with my TM I get a burnt O ring on top of my weed. I settled with lower temp and came to terms with partial extraction, because since I usually get just a few hits, I don't like waiting the Mighty to get to full temperature.
As much as I like using my TM I'd go with a safer and more efficient on demand vape made by Storz & Bickel any day if they produced one.
I thought Bowle could be that mass produced, safer on demand vape but it has some design flaws that should have been taken care of during its development, other than a sub par battery life.

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I believe the Firewood is both convection and conduction, so if I wanted that solid body high along with a more cerebral effect would that make the Firewood 7 edge out the Tinymight by a bit?

Just to add my pov to the discussion: I have a few Dynavaps (hybrid leaning towards conduction) and a Tinymight (convection). I mostly use the Dynavaps, but not for their conductiveness, but because they just work almost every time for me. The Tinymight gets used mostly in the evening when everything is done and I want to be beamed to another solar system or even galaxy. It can be *very* strong, because it extracts superfast and its chamber can be set from micro- to macrodoses easily. But the major factors when it comes to head-high vs. couchlock is a) the strain and b) the temp. Any (proper) device can give you both.

Fart_Goblin

Just to add my pov to the discussion: I have a few Dynavaps (hybrid leaning towards conduction) and a Tinymight (convection). I mostly use the Dynavaps, but not for their conductiveness, but because they just work almost every time for me. The Tinymight gets used mostly in the evening when everything is done and I want to be beamed to another solar system or even galaxy. It can be *very* strong, because it extracts superfast and its chamber can be set from micro- to macrodoses easily. But the major factors when it comes to head-high vs. couchlock is a) the strain and b) the temp. Any (proper) device can give you both.
Ah ok thanks for clearing that up

Fart_Goblin,

Fart_Goblin

Do you tipically smoke a full joint or a good portion of it each time?
If that's the case I'd go with a Mighty or Minivap.
The fun thing with TM or F7 or Bowle is that you can have just a few hits and don't need to wait minutes heating up the vape.
But if you tipically like to have more than a few hits per time, it may be better to buy a session vape, like the Mighty, which replicates well the joint experience and is (imho) the gold standard for people who have to switch from smoking (and can afford it).
Mighty and Minivap have been used in clinical studies, comply with international safety standards, are the safest option along with Volcano and do not burn your weed under any circumstance. Artisanal vapes can scorch/combust and imho TM efficiency is inferior to Mighty/Minivap/Volcano.
If I want to get close to full extraction with my TM I get a burnt O ring on top of my weed. I settled with lower temp and came to terms with partial extraction, because since I usually get just a few hits, I don't like waiting the Mighty to get to full temperature.
As much as I like using my TM I'd go with a safer and more efficient on demand vape made by Storz & Bickel any day if they produced one.
I thought Bowle could be that mass produced, safer on demand vape but it has some design flaws that should have been taken care of during its development, other than a sub par battery life.
I definitely am the type to roll a fat joint and puff on it over a long period of time, so I guess I am more of a session smoker.

For session smoking is the Mighty really that much more efficient? I like the Mighty but as many have pointed out it's sort of outdated and underpowered compared to todays offerings (tops out at 410 F I think?).

So in your opinion a Mighty might be better for me if I am looking to have a more extended vape session rather that a hit or two on the go?

I am honestly leaning towards the Tinymight right now even over the Firewood, but if the TM is not good for extended vaping sessions maybe I should reconsider..

Fart_Goblin,
Reactions: arb

GoldenBud

So in your opinion a Mighty might be better for me if I am looking to have a more extended vape session rather that a hit or two on the go?
yeah, for long sessions it will be great....I thought you are looking for very quick extractions, sorry. Mighty/Solo II/Fury Edge will be great for slow sessions!
Mighty>Solo II>Edge imho, but Edge is much cheaper.... I think you will be fine with Mighty, just don't forget to purchase a WPA adapter for bubbler, if you've got one....

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I beg to differ here – it's true, the Tinymight is a rapid extractor, but the magic about on-demand devices is that you can still decide yourself how long a session should last, while a (or most) session vaporizers like the Mighty will cook your flower whether you take a hit or not – to me the Mighty is great for group sessions, but when using a vape solo I don't like countdown timers. The Tinymight lets me have a hit, pause for a minute or even ten and then come back to it without any herbs wasted. So even when it extracts fast, it still allows a slo-mo session if you want it that way.

And for group sessions the Tinymight also has a session mode, with the advantage over the Mighty that it still won't cook your herbs when not being hit.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I definitely am the type to roll a fat joint and puff on it over a long period of time, so I guess I am more of a session smoker.

For session smoking is the Mighty really that much more efficient? I like the Mighty but as many have pointed out it's sort of outdated and underpowered compared to todays offerings (tops out at 410 F I think?).

I am honestly leaning towards the Tinymight right now even over the Firewood, but if the TM is not good for extended vaping sessions maybe I should reconsider..

It really depends on what you consider an extended vaping session... and what you're trying to accomplish. You can always work a TM, or any vape, to have a session style experience. It won't be the same, but you can make it work. You cant take a session vape (Ex: Mighty) and make it perform the way a TM does. That will just never happen.

I can sit down and watch a movie with the TM and take casual puffs throughout the entire movie.

I cannot take a mighty and disappear into the bathroom for 1 minute and come back out stoned.

Shit Snacks

You can use the TM, to have a little session, use lower temp settings to extend the session length, that is what I like to do... I start at level 2.5 and slowly move up to level 5, I like to milk a bowl and the delicious flavors, along with low temp effects, generally during the day... The benefit is that the TM is only cooking the herbs while you are hitting it, that alone makes it more efficient, with the mighty you are wasting, by waiting for it to heat up, and in between hits, it is constantly cooking your herb... Far from efficient in my experience! TM can blast through herb on higher settings, but even then if you have it further from the heater, depending on how much you load and how it is loaded, yeah it is pretty versatile! Worst case if turns out it's not for you, you can sell it pretty easily and try something else!

Fart_Goblin

It really depends on what you consider an extended vaping session... and what you're trying to accomplish. You can always work a TM, or any vape, to have a session style experience. It won't be the same, but you can make it work. You cant take a session vape (Ex: Mighty) and make it perform the way a TM does. That will just never happen.

I can sit down and watch a movie with the TM and take casual puffs throughout the entire movie.

I cannot take a mighty and disappear into the bathroom for 1 minute and come back out stoned.
Ok I think I'm going to order a TM tonight. While I typically like extended sessions, having the versatility to do it on my time (Or to disappear somewhere for a minute and come back high as the dickens haha) is important to me.

So I think I'm going to order a TM tonight after considering all the variables, although I have a sinking feeling I'm going to end up with a few of the others ones mentioned in this thread over the next few months as well haha

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Yeah, the versatility of the TM is often overshadowed by its power potential. As @Shit Snacks mentioned, you can use the TM nicely on lower temp settings as well, it will still kick you skyhigh and give you all the tasty benefits of your herbs too. In case you're into flavor you will most probably start your sessions on lower temps anyway.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Yup you could start super low and go .5 increments and get a bunch of smaller hits or just go straight for higher temps for those full lung buster quick hitters.

Shit Snacks

Can any of you with a TinyMight confirm how loud the heater is in use? From https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/lzbkut it seems to be a lot less discrete than I imagined, but maybe in this case its just rattling in the WPA or something.

It can vary unit to unit, it's really not that loud, my unit from over a year ago was louder than the one that just arrived, I hardly even hear it now! I'm not sure what your discretion situation is, but I wouldn't worry about it...

OK so I just placed an order for a TinyMight a few minutes ago, I'll let the community know how it goes when it arrives!

Thanks for the help everyone

Nice, congrats! It is super long, but if you head over to the TM thread you will find plenty of tips btw... Best advice is to just take your time with it, you can buy batteries and an external charger so you can use it right when it arrives (after cleaning the glass and metal parts) should be in your hands after like 2 weeks or less!

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
It can vary unit to unit, it's really not that loud, my unit from over a year ago was louder than the one that just arrived, I hardly even hear it now! I'm not sure what your discretion situation is, but I wouldn't worry about it...
I'm not sure if you're able to take a "usage shot" but I'd be curious to hear how loud it is on average. It was high on my list with the Firewood 7 as an "ultra premium" portable, but the thinking was that this would be my, "Oh, I don't need to bust out the dynavap as I'm just going around town" portable. Its a tough sell imaging using something quite so loud discretely (I'm thinking like walking downtown in a city square kind of scenario).

gordontreeman,
Reactions: dimmusp

Shit Snacks

I'm not sure if you're able to take a "usage shot" but I'd be curious to hear how loud it is on average. It was high on my list with the Firewood 7 as an "ultra premium" portable, but the thinking was that this would be my, "Oh, I don't need to bust out the dynavap as I'm just going around town" portable. Its a tough sell imaging using something quite so loud discretely (I'm thinking like walking downtown in a city square kind of scenario).

it's nowhere near that loud, walking downtown in the city square, no one's going to hear that LOL it is perfectly fine for stuff out and about... Sorry I can't really do a video, but yeah (also for me personally dyna are almost useless, I have the OG all glass vapcap still, just for fun through water on rare occasion, at home where I am all the time now I mostly rely on TM, FW7, and Tafée probably... TM is most portable for me if I was going anywhere lol otherwise mixing in vapbong bandit along with Splinter Z and IQ2, sometimes Tetra P80 or another too)

Fart_Goblin

Nice, congrats! It is super long, but if you head over to the TM thread you will find plenty of tips btw... Best advice is to just take your time with it, you can buy batteries and an external charger so you can use it right when it arrives (after cleaning the glass and metal parts) should be in your hands after like 2 weeks or less!
Thanks!! I'm excited, I hope its only two weeks my last puff was about a month ago at this point and I don't know how much longer I can last haha

I will be buying extra batteries in the meantime so I have a few ready to go when the TM shows up, i believe it comes with a battery included?

I'll definitely be trolling the TM thread every day to stoke my vapelust until it's in my hands I'm sure haha, I'll learn as much as I can so I can really see what it can do as soon as possible

Can't wait!!

Shit Snacks

Thanks!! I'm excited, I hope its only two weeks my last puff was about a month ago at this point and I don't know how much longer I can last haha

I will be buying extra batteries in the meantime so I have a few ready to go when the TM shows up, i believe it comes with a battery included?

I'll definitely be trolling the TM thread every day to stoke my vapelust until it's in my hands I'm sure haha, I'll learn as much as I can so I can really see what it can do as soon as possible

Can't wait!!

Nice nice, I highly recommend Molicell P26A battery from 18650batterystore.com with whatever external charger looks good to you over there!

It will come with a Samsung 30Q (I have not charged or used mine yet) though it used to come with a Sony VTC6 (they have been out of stock everywhere lately)

I hope you got spare accessories with it! Yeah they seem to be pretty quick now to ship, hang in there, that is a rough T break but you'll have a really bright light at the other side!

angular ocelot

i have to hold mine to my ear to hear it. indoors.

Top Bottom