Mighty Vs. Firewood

Fart_Goblin

Hey everyone,

This is my first post after being a loooong time lurker thanks for checking it out

So after developing a pretty severe (although temporary) lung infection directly related to smoking herb too much, I'm switching to vaping from now on.

I'm seeing the Firewood 7 mentioned a lot here, it seems to be the the go to portable vape these days (I hear a lot about the Bowle and the TinyMight as well, but the Tinymight quality control issues and the Bowle's short battery life, button issues and just weird as hell design have convinced me they are not right for me.)

I'm having a very very hard time getting my hands on a Firewood 7, would it be this communities opinion that I should just keep trying? Or should I just break down and order a Mighty (there is a 25% off sale going on now).

I know it's on demand vs. session, but as it will be mostly a portable in-home vape a few extra seconds of heating up time is not a big deal for me.

Thanks for your opinions! Apologies if I've got any of the details wrong here, this will be my first vape (I've smoked my last joint several weeks ago and am using this researching/deciding time as a T break)

F G

Greenleaf88

Both great options. I personally can't speak for the firewood but I do own a mighty for several years now, and if you need a switch to vaping the wait is gonna kill you. 25 % off is great and the vapor is cool and will get you high. The learning curve is minimal on the mighty as well .

The mighty is the device that makes my smoker friends hit and go wow and most not all switch to vaping.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Good on ya for reading up on the portables you mentioned. That said, just get a Tinymight. The Mighty *was a top tier session portable five or ten years ago but it's woefully outdated, underpowered, inefficient, and still too expensive. The Tinymight is more hard hitting, more versatile, more portable, and more efficient. It's not even a fair comparison. If there's a two percent chance you get one with an issue they've always made good with repairs or replacements at no cost to the owner.

The Tinymight is the new hotness and unlike the Firewood or Tetra P80 you can just order one today and get it in a few weeks. It's true that folks are excited about the Bowle (it's the newest arrival) but unless the quirky cup design is a value-add I think the Tinymight makes more sense: you can put it in your pocket or adapt it to a bong or j-hook and swap the single 18650 cell to keep going as long as needed.
PXL_20210306_001036860~2.jpg

GoldenBud

Mighty is limited to 40W and 210C and it's not assured that it will satisfty an ex smoker. people in the past had to sell it. even StemPod Si on some good mod can pump 60W easily .... so the hit can be fast and right size for an ex smoker.. (stempod si+ p80 mod+ batteries + charger will be like 165$ while the Mighty cost 240$ or so)

and yes TM/TP80/FW7 also great choices and not limited options

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I would probably recommend a desktop for your first vaporizer. Once you get used to vaping from a powerful device, then you will be able to make a more informed decision over what kind of portable you really want.

That said, if joints are your main form of consumption I could see a stem based device like the tiny might or similar working well for you. I find stem vapes to be pretty analogous to joints.

Fart_Goblin

Mighty is limited to 40W and 210C and it's not assured that it will satisfty an ex smoker. people in the past had to sell it. even StemPod Si on some good mod can pump 60W easily .... so the hit can be fast and right size for an ex smoker.. (stempod si+ p80 mod+ batteries + charger will be like 165$ while the Mighty cost 240$ or so)

and yes TM/TP80/FW7 also great choices and not limited options

Thanks for the input! I'm hearing that the Mighty is an older device that doesn't really stack up these days from a lot of different people. I still have my heart set on a Firewood 7, but if I can't grab one I think I'll just place my Tinymight order and wait patiently for a month or so haha

Fart_Goblin

I would probably recommend a desktop for your first vaporizer. Once you get used to vaping from a powerful device, then you will be able to make a more informed decision over what kind of portable you really want.

That said, if joints are your main form of consumption I could see a stem based device like the tiny might or similar working well for you. I find stem vapes to be pretty analogous to joints.
Thanks for your opinion! I would love a desktop vape (I already have my eye on a few log vapes haha) but at least half of my cannabis usage is 'out and about' even when I'm at home I need something I can carry around and that has it's own power source.

So it seems the general consensus is that I should avoid the Mighty as there are much better more modern options at similair price points. I think the Firewood is still my fav. based on the research I've done, but if I miss grabbing one this week (I've been watching the page for 2 weeks now haha) I'll place my order for the tinymight and wait patiently.

Last edited:

Fart_Goblin

Good on ya for reading up on the portables you mentioned. That said, just get a Tinymight. The Mighty *was a top tier session portable five or ten years ago but it's woefully outdated, underpowered, inefficient, and still too expensive. The Tinymight is more hard hitting, more versatile, more portable, and more efficient. It's not even a fair comparison. If there's a two percent chance you get one with an issue they've always made good with repairs or replacements at no cost to the owner.

The Tinymight is the new hotness and unlike the Firewood or Tetra P80 you can just order one today and get it in a few weeks. It's true that folks are excited about the Bowle (it's the newest arrival) but unless the quirky cup design is a value-add I think the Tinymight makes more sense: you can put it in your pocket or adapt it to a bong or j-hook and swap the single 18650 cell to keep going as long as needed.
View attachment 6344
Thanks for your reply!

OK I think I am officially not going to consider a Mighty anymore haha

The Tinymight does have that pure sex appeal factor too though doesn't it! I think the Tinymight would actually be my first choice even above the FW7, but it just I've read a few posts complaining about quality control issues with certain units and I would be devastated if after all that waiting there was any sort of problem.

But then again, I know this is know this is kind of a small community so any problems get blown way out of proportion... have you experienced any issues with your TM?

Fart_Goblin

Hey BTW something I didn't really consider, is the minivap something I should be thinking about as well if the two front runners for me now are The Firewood 7 and the Tinymight?

Fart_Goblin,
Reactions: dimmusp

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey BTW something I didn't really consider, is the minivap something I should be thinking about as well if the two front runners for me now are The Firewood 7 and the Tinymight?

I think you're in a good place with TM and FW7 and honestly I would recommend picking up both at some point... They are a perfect complementary portable pair, on demand convection and on demand conduction with similar haptic feedback...

For what it's worth, I have beta FW7 that has done very well, and my second one with the current cooling design is fantastic too.

I also have an earlyish TM that has had no issues for 14 months, and I just got my second one which is also working very well!

Sure when buying a vape you can always get a dud with defects etc but there is no greater risk of that with either of these units, I would not let that deter you!

So yeah, get whichever one first, but I say end up with both and you will be very very happy! (then later log or vapbong for desktop)

Fart_Goblin

I think you're in a good place with TM and FW7 and honestly I would recommend picking up both at some point... They are a perfect complementary portable pair, on demand convection and on demand conduction with similar haptic feedback...

For what it's worth, I have beta FW7 that has done very well, and my second one with the current cooling design is fantastic too.

I also have an earlyish TM that has had no issues for 14 months, and I just got my second one which is also working very well!

Sure when buying a vape you can always get a dud with defects etc but there is no greater risk of that with either of these units, I would not let that deter you!

So yeah, get whichever one first, but I say end up with both and you will be very very happy! (then later log or vapbong for desktop)
Thanks! OK last question, between the Tinymight and the Firewood 7, would you describe one as being as good as the other? Or should I really just grab whichever one I can get my hands on first

Fart_Goblin,

blackstone

If your Firewood research made you choose that vape for conduction or hybrid effects such as a stonger high, a body high or vaping for pain, then I would hold out for that vape or choose something like Mighty/Crafty+.
Personally I've been a bit dissapointed by convection only vapes, even the most powerful desktop models, as they offer very little relief or comfort for me, only effects of the mind, or from the neck up (my other vapes do both mind and body!). So now I just mix in convection vapes on an odd Saturday night if I feel like using up my supply a bit for fun.
I only recently found that this is a known thing too, wish I had known it earlier so said id share it here!
The Mighty and others like it are still number 1 for people who like or need certain effects.
Fair enough someone being allergic to plastic casings or wanting the newest and highest wattage instant head high or whatev, but the general consensus is not "Avoid the Mighty"!
A whopping high never gets "outdated" haha!

Shit Snacks

Thanks! OK last question, between the Tinymight and the Firewood 7, would you describe one as being as good as the other? Or should I really just grab whichever one I can get my hands on first

Yeah they are absolutely both as good as each other, they are just different, convection verse conduction, but both equally capable. I do not buy into the idea that convection cannot get you as high or stoned or whatever as conduction... They're both equally effective at properly extracting the active compounds from the herb, they just involve a slightly different experience, different vapor quality, among other relatively subtle things... So yeah get whichever seems to appeal to you more, like FW7 uses a ceramic chamber that is the oven whereas TM uses glass stem chamber that is above the oven... Good idea to get both, to mix up the experience for yourself, and also to have backups should anything happen so you never smoke again! Both of them are going to be a different experience from what you are used to, so make sure to be patient as well when you receive one... (like Mighty is more mindless in a sense but far less rewarding as many of us said)

GoldenBud

100% convection just means that you will have to stir sometimes, except for 10mm bowls i guess (log vapes)

GoldenBud,
Reactions: arb

blackstone

Well I found others are noticing the same differences as myself, here are some quotes from the last week:
Anyone else notice the high seems heady with this vape? It's got my head cooked but I'm not getting the heavy body high? Maybe just a weird night?
^^^^
That’s true convection right there, totally clear clean high!

Still find the bags on Volcano H to be the most potent I have ever used and I have had over 14 or so (nothing compared to some members lol) I prefer a mix of conduction and convection rather then hard convection due to a helth problem.

my last two purchases were the Omnivap and the Tinymight and from these two I prefer the Omnivap.

But I would like the OP to be the judge one day, although it costs more to try out a few vapes!
Have fun and don't smoke again regardless of which model you buy first!

Shit Snacks

100% convection just means that you will have to stir sometimes, except for 10mm bowls i guess (log vapes)

"have to" "sometimes" = depends!

@blackstone it is an interesting conversation to be sure, and I know you're not the only one who has expressed this feeling... there are absolutely differences in all the different extraction methods, different vapes that are the same basic style of conduction or convection technology still all hit different from each other.... I just would not describe it the way you or they have, that has not been my experience, pulling in all the different vapes I have used, I want to clarify.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Maybe Tinymight has been great for about a year now I think.

You'll want to be gentle with the threaded battery cover, which is made of aluminum. And some folks have bent the battery connection from dropping the cell in. The pro tip is to insert batteries gently and also not tighten the threaded cover to all the way flush. I picked up those habits and couldn't tell you if it's made a difference.

Fart_Goblin

Maybe Tinymight has been great for about a year now I think.

You'll want to be gentle with the threaded battery cover, which is made of aluminum. And some folks have bent the battery connection from dropping the cell in. The pro tip is to insert batteries gently and also not tighten the threaded cover to all the way flush. I picked up those habits and couldn't tell you if it's made a difference.
Ah so it seems like it can be a little fragile, but if your conscientious with it for the most part it'll be fine

blackstone

@blackstone it is an interesting conversation to be sure, and I know you're not the only one who has expressed this feeling... there are absolutely differences in all the different extraction methods, different vapes that are the same basic style of conduction or convection technology still all hit different from each other.... I just would not describe it the way you or they have, that has not been my experience, pulling in all the different vapes I have used, I want to clarify.
I suppose we're all different too! I have a chronic condition and musculoskeletal discomfort often makes me want to stay still or lay in hot water for the rest of time, maybe that's why I would notice it more, or crave it.
Then I can also totally understand someone else who doesn't like couch lock feeling etc.
I had wondered why the OP after some research landed on Firewood and not any convection ones, but maybe they just liked the looks of it too?

While i was having a search around just now, I noticed some people have found the same pattern with simply the temperature of their vape, Low temp = head high, High temp = couch lock body high.
And I clearly have found it with just different heating methods,
And of course it is often normally attributed to Sativa vs Indica.
I should also mention that my own findings are based on being unable to choose my strain, with mostly indicas available, and I have considered if unlimited access and choice would allow me to achieve my desired effects with convection only vapes.
But I doubt any strain would ever perform worse for me in the conduction added heating platforms.
Interesting alright, didn't want to interfere here but thought I would mention my feelings on it.
If people are saying a vaporizer type has just suddenly jumped from top rated to literally useless, yet it works way better for me than a heating type they're suggesting, then I must bang my drum!

Fart_Goblin

Well I found others are noticing the same differences as myself, here are some quotes from the last week:

^^^^

But I would like the OP to be the judge one day, although it costs more to try out a few vapes!
Have fun and don't smoke again regardless of which model you buy first!
Ah that's kind of a bummer, so because the Tinymight is full convection I might not get that nice body high?

I believe the Firewood is both convection and conduction, so if I wanted that solid body high along with a more cerebral effect would that make the Firewood 7 edge out the Tinymight by a bit?

Fart_Goblin,

Shit Snacks

Ah that's kind of a bummer, so because the Tinymight is full convection I might not get that nice body high?

I believe the Firewood is both convection and conduction, so if I wanted that solid body high along with a more cerebral effect would that make the Firewood 7 edge out the Tinymight by a bit?

Again, I say no... I have no trouble getting body effects with tinymight, it is very powerful and can extract very fast! What Blackstone described, if you want head high keep the temp low if you want body high turn the dial up... Both can get the herb black if you want them to... The difference comes down to, you vaporizing by inhaling hot air through the herb, or having the herbs sit in the oven cooking for you so you can inhale vapor already made (and continuing to be made), basically it is a usage style is all...

Fart_Goblin

I had wondered why the OP after some research landed on Firewood and not any convection ones, but maybe they just liked the looks of it too?

Hey I am completely open to any and all portable electric vapes (really not looking to use anything involving butane at the moment), it was just my general impression that the Tinymight and the Firewood are the 2 top portable vapes right now.

I'm honestly open to any and all suggestions for portable vapes beyond the TM and the FW (though yes the sexy wood finish is a factor I'll admit haha) it's just those are the two I see mentioned the most.

Really anything portable that will give me a similar type of effect that I would get from smoking a joint would be perfect for me (that is not butaine based)

Fart_Goblin,
Reactions: dimmusp

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I suppose we're all different too! I have a chronic condition and musculoskeletal discomfort often makes me want to stay still or lay in hot water for the rest of time, maybe that's why I would notice it more, or crave it.
Then I can also totally understand someone else who doesn't like couch lock feeling etc.

While i was having a search around just now, I noticed some people have found the same pattern with simply the temperature of their vape, Low temp = head high, High temp = couch lock body high.
And I clearly have found it with just different heating methods,
And of course it is often normally attributed to Sativa vs Indica.
I should also mention that my own findings are based on being unable to choose my strain, with mostly indicas available, and I have considered if unlimited access and choice would allow me to achieve my desired effects with convection only vapes.
But I doubt any strain would ever perform worse for me in the conduction added heating platforms.
Interesting alright, didn't want to interfere here but thought I would mention my feelings on it.
If people are saying a vaporizer type has just suddenly jumped from top rated to literally useless, yet it works way better for me than a heating type they're suggesting, then I must bang my drum!

Well, there are a lot of different cannabinoids that we are vaporizing.

The more "heady-high"" drugs vaporize at lower temps than the the more "body-high" ones do.

If want to stick to the more heady daytime high, then stick at the lower 360F - 380F temps.
If you want the more couch-lock feeling body high, then crank that bitch up to the 400F - 420F range, and keep going till no vapor is produced.

Last edited:
Top Bottom