Mighty or Plenty

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroTolerance

I'm looking for my first vaporizer and I have only tried the Pax which I didn't like and only felt light headed afterwards. Looking for something significantly more powerful. I would like a unit thats more portable just so I can have the flexibility of where I use it, but its not a requirement since 90% of the use will be at home. I don't want to lose out on Vapour quality for a unit thats more portable. Portability would be a nice bonus though.

What are your thoughts?

max

Out to lunch
1st-The Plenty isn't a portable. 2nd-If you didn't get anything from the Pax I don't think that I'd jump into the high priced market right away unless you've got money to burn. Don't fall into the vapor newbie trap of thinking that spending more money gets you more or better vapor. Vapor can vary volume wise, from one model to another, and temp control (or lack of) can make things easier, but the cheapest models (even simple home made units) can produce the same quality of vapor as the most expensive models you can buy. Also keep in mind that batteries in most portables aren't user replaceable, so you'll have an added expense (paying for new bats and shipping) down the road when that otherwise good performing portable needs new batteries.

ZeroTolerance

I'm going to open this up and ask why are you limiting yourself to just these two choices?

I guess thats because of the Volcano which is regarded as the best vaporizer around. I know I'm not interested in the balloon thing and learned about the Plenty which is made by same company as Volcano, plus its more reasonably priced. However, just recently I learned about the Mighty which is also made by Storz and Bickel and has been getting excellent reviews being compared to desktop vaporizers in terms of vapour quality. I've heard great things about Storz and Bickel and they made quality products with good service. I'm definitely open to other options but the Plenty and Mighty are the two that stand out for me right now. I don't want to spend more money than what the Mighty costs. Again portability would be a nice bonus but I don't want to sacrifice quality for portability. I'm looking for the best value and vapour quality in the Plenty and Mighty price range.

1st-The Plenty isn't a portable. 2nd-If you didn't get anything from the Pax I don't that I'd jump into the high priced market right away unless you've got money to burn. Don't fall into the vapor newbie trap of thinking that spending more money gets you more or better vapor. Vapor can vary volume wise, from one model to another, and temp control (or lack of) can make things easier, but the cheapest models (even simple home made units) can produce the same quality of vapor as the most expensive models you can buy. Also keep in mind that batteries in most portables aren't user replaceable, so you'll have an added expense (paying for new bats and shipping) down the road when that otherwise good performing portable needs new batteries.

Yes I know the Plenty isn't portable. But it seems like the next best thing to Volcano if you don't like balloons or the price. I don't mind spending some $ if the device works well and will replace combustion for me.

1st-The Plenty isn't a portable. 2nd-If you didn't get anything from the Pax I don't that I'd jump into the high priced market right away unless you've got money to burn. Don't fall into the vapor newbie trap of thinking that spending more money gets you more or better vapor. Vapor can vary volume wise, from one model to another, and temp control (or lack of) can make things easier, but the cheapest models (even simple home made units) can produce the same quality of vapor as the most expensive models you can buy. Also keep in mind that batteries in most portables aren't user replaceable, so you'll have an added expense (paying for new bats and shipping) down the road when that otherwise good performing portable needs new batteries.

max - please show me the way because I want to switch to vaporizers asap.

Last edited by a moderator:
ZeroTolerance,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I guess thats because of the Volcano which is regarded as the best vaporizer around

Boy do you have to spend some time reading around on this website....... The Volcano is the only vaporizer known by 99% of people who don't vape / combust exclusively - hell even to this day whenever I tell someone I vaporize exclusively they go "oooo, the thing with the bags??" :lol:

From what I gather about the Plenty - it requires a large load - not the best for solo use, I've seen several people start with the S&B Plenty and migrate to other vapes at half the price

The Mighty and the Crafty are still very new vaporizers - if you read the past month or two of feedback, you'll see that Storz and Bickel is still working out some bugs in the design. I myself am interested in the Crafty, but I'm not going to bother investing my money in one until I know it's a stable reliable vape.

Just because you tried a Pax doesn't mean you've tried all other vaporizers on the market. The Pax is a stealth vape - it sacrifices flavor/performance for the sake of stealth. To be honest, I was underwhelmed by the PAX myself (for my stealth needs, I opted for the Indica)

Just like @max said - don't believe that spending more money means you'll have a 'better' vape - performance is not directly proportional to price. I have a $100 butane powered vape which is more efficient and enjoyable to use than my $250 electronic portable vape.

Storz and Bickel is an ok company, but there are so many more companies out there offering high quality vaporizers for a fraction of the price, and sometimes offering a higher level of customer service than what large manufactures like S&B offer.

Take a few days and review some other very popular frequently mentioned vapes on the "which vaporizer should I buy" threads posted every week on this site. Guaranteed no matter what vaporizer you purchase will not be the last vaporizer you purchase. Hell, go buy a used Arizer Solo in the classifieds for under $100, and I bet you'll be happy as hell with it

Bouldorado

Yes I know the Plenty isn't portable. But it seems like the next best thing to Volcano if you don't like balloons or the price. I don't mind spending some $ if the device works well and will replace combustion for me.

My neighbor has a Plenty. I've used it a couple dozen times, and each time I've wondered why anyone would buy one. Compared to a Volcano, it is very plasticky and just does not feel as solid. The bowl is huge- without the liquid pad you need to load close to half a gram or more.

The first few hits are tasty and smooth. However the initial warm-up period seems pretty long- I'd guess 5min or more. The analog temperature control is difficult to adjust (temp indicator does not adjust instantaneously, nor are there markings on the control dial) so you tend to run the Plenty at max temp. This means flavor is pretty much exhausted within <5 hits, so if you loaded a large bowl, the rest of it is going to taste like popcorn.

My biggest complaint with the Plenty is probably the wispy hits. The only time I've gotten significant clouds from it is when my neighbor loaded a bowl with well over a gram.

Bottom line: definitely not the next best thing to a volcano.

If you want a powerful, at-home vape, look into a Da Buddha/ Silver Surfer/ Life Saver/ Enano, or a Arizer Solo or Lotus if you need a portable option.

lwien

To the OP, I'm not quite sure if this applies to you but I think that it needs to be said nonetheless. The Volcano is NOT the epitome of vaporizers to which all others should be compared.

ZeroTolerance

To the OP, I'm not quite sure if this applies to you but I think that it needs to be said nonetheless. The Volcano is NOT the epitome of vaporizers to which all others should be compared.

Many people on this board have been saying that and thats good to know. However, nobody is saying what is the best vaporizer. What do you think? Seems like there are way too many options and its very confusing which is why I was going for a brand name. But I would like more insight. As of now based on what I have been reading I'm leaning towards the Plenty. I know there is the Extreme Q and Solo which people like. Seems like its mostly about personal preference more than anything. SOme people say Magic Flight Box is the way to go and others say its the worst thing ever. I don't want to buy a new vape every year so I need something that is powerful, durable and will last for several years. Seems like there are a lot of people buying vapes every other month and have a huge collections but thats not what I want to get into. Need a solid every day vape I can mostly use at home with occasional on the go situations.

ZeroTolerance,
I'm looking for my first vaporizer and I have only tried the Pax which I didn't like and only felt light headed afterwards. Looking for something significantly more powerful. I would like a unit thats more portable just so I can have the flexibility of where I use it, but its not a requirement since 90% of the use will be at home. I don't want to lose out on Vapour quality for a unit thats more portable. Portability would be a nice bonus though.

What are your thoughts?
The Plenty is a very good vaporizer but I don't think it is the model you are looking for. It is great as part of an arsenal but I would not want to rely on it. I don't own a Mighty but I do have a Crafty and I love it. imo it is a great product. However, there are other models that you may like to consider as well. For example the Solo or the Air are very good portables. You can plug the Solo in while you are using it or let it run on the battery for portability. I imagine it is fair to claim that it has converted many combusters to vaporists :) Another desktop to consider is the Enano. For approximately $200 it will work for years and delivers great vapor. There are plenty of other good models too that I am sure other members will recommend. Good luck with the switch to vapor. It is really worth it.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Many people on this board have been saying that and thats good to know. However, nobody is saying what is the best vaporizer. What do you think? Seems like there are way too many options and its very confusing which is why I was going for a brand name. But I would like more insight. As of now based on what I have been reading I'm leaning towards the Plenty. I know there is the Extreme Q and Solo which people like. Seems like its mostly about personal preference more than anything. SOme people say Magic Flight Box is the way to go and others say its the worst thing ever. I don't want to buy a new vape every year so I need something that is powerful, durable and will last for several years. Seems like there are a lot of people buying vapes every other month and have a huge collections but thats not what I want to get into. Need a solid every day vape I can mostly use at home with occasional on the go situations.

"Best" is all subjective. It's like saying what's the best color. Or whats the best tasting beer. It's all subjective. And like many things, requires a 'frame of reference' - people tend to favor those brands/models which they have used (even if they have no experience with any other brand)

Are you looking to cloud chase? Are you looking for extreme efficiency? Party-sized loads for communal vaping? Fast medicating, or long chill sessions? Bags? Whips? Direct Draw? Water Filtration? For the love of god man, tell us what you want and we'll offer suggestions!

Here's a suggestion for you. Decide if you want a plugin or a portable vape. Then go to the appropriate section of this site, and click the text "Replies" to sort by most replies. Pretty much every vape on the first page or two is a solid community-tested vaporizer, and worth investigation. Start at the top and work down the list.

For a newbie looking for a portable, I'd 100% suggest starting with the Arizer Solo if you don't need stealth. And since the new Arizer Air is out, you can find a Solo for under $130 (new, with warranty). Once you get a taste for how the vaporizer works, you can branch out when the VAS hits and explore a "better" vape with features you might want (like bags, or a larger load size, or faster heatup).

Sadly, I don't have enough experience with desktop vapes to comfortably give a recommendation on the best plugin experience for a newbie

stickstones

Vapor concierge

We used to have a quote at the top of this forum that said "there is no best vaporizer" for a lot of the reasons you said. They are different and meet different needs and it is much more complicated than lighting a match. But finding the right one for you shouldn't be that hard. The gang here is good at helping! Start by deciding how you want to use your vape. Here's some questions to ask yourself:

- What's your budget?
- Do you want a portable or desktop vape?
- Is stealth important?
- Do you like to have sessions or a bunch of one-hitters?
- Do you plan to mostly use it alone or with friends?
- How do you rank the importance of taste, clouds and efficiency?

If you can answer those we can probably zero you in on something just right.

ZeroTolerance

Budget is up to $500 but lower is always better.

Desktop or portable doesn't matter. Whatever produces the best quality vape. Portability would be a nice bonus but I don't want to lose out on quality for portability.

Dont care about stealth but again would be a nice bonus as long as I don't lose out on quality.

I'm use to having 1 huge bowl from a bubbler and being good for 1.5-2 hours.

Most will be used at home on my own.

Importance ranking: Clouds, effeciency, taste.

Only vape I have ever tried was the pax and I didn't like it at all. Did nothing for me and the draws were very difficult like pulling from a super thick milk shake.

Hope people can help.

Thanks!

ZeroTolerance,
Reactions: ataxian

ZeroTolerance

How does the Plenty matchup up against the suggestions above? I have heard really good things and I know there is a pad that can be used for smaller loads for solo use.

ZeroTolerance,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Budget is up to $500 but lower is always better.

Desktop or portable doesn't matter. Whatever produces the best quality vape. Portability would be a nice bonus but I don't want to lose out on quality for portability.

Dont care about stealth but again would be a nice bonus as long as I don't lose out on quality.

I'm use to having 1 huge bowl from a bubbler and being good for 1.5-2 hours.

Most will be used at home on my own.

Importance ranking: Clouds, effeciency, taste.

Only vape I have ever tried was the pax and I didn't like it at all. Did nothing for me and the draws were very difficult like pulling from a super thick milk shake.

Hope people can help.

Thanks!
Get a vap 2 first or a Solo.
You can add more as you go!
Log vapes are prettygood?
Nanò, underdog, Hì!

ataxian,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

distiller

I own both the Plenty and the Mighty and can attest to the quality of both... If I were to say i have a preference it would be for the Mighty, as it is by far the most versatile. MY vaping style is to take regular sips through the day, and having a pocketable take anywhere vape is a real advantage... I mostly use my Plenty for nightime use when i want to get recreationally munted & bent.
I do love both vapes, and would certainly recommend both in terms of quality.

Ifeejulah Vapor

Havnt tried the Mighty or Plenty simply cuz of price. I think theyre way too over priced. I also have not heard of them being superior to its competition. Solo gives huge tasty clouds on a small pack...there are so many good vapes out there but for a first vape i would most deff consider the Solo....1/3 of the price of a mighty ooooof

little maggie

I am a relative newby and agree with others. Just because you have $500 doesn't mean you need to spend even close to that. I've tried several over the past few months and have ended up keeping the Solo which is a great portable and an underdog. I think any of the log vapes are great (underdog, enano). The are simple, beautiful, easy to use with water. Nothing to break. Will last a long time. They are not portable though. You can buy different stems made by artists here. I just ordered the Lily- along with the Daisy butane vape. They come with a long warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom