Micro-dosing

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That's what it is for most people on here. That's just not really "micro" dosing, imo. Just small doses with a low tolerance that produce full/near-full psychoactive effects.

Cannabis is not even a psychoactive plant until decarboxylated via alchemical processes, thus "micro dosing" is absolutely temperature dependent.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: C No Ego

hinglemccringleberry

By whom is that the established definition of "micro dosing"?

Every article I've ever read on microdosing. All literature on the subject acknowledges the presence of a *slight* change in state.

"...the user leans on somewhere between 3 to 10 milligrams to feel some effect without entering into a realm of laughing fits, paranoia and ravenous hunger."

"Beyond crafting a buzz that flies below the paranoia radar, its proponents cite a variety of medical benefits."

W/ all drugs you look for the minimum effective dose to bring about change. Change being the keyword.

I think folks have a lot of different ideas what microdosing is. I myself didn't realize it's so low you can't feel the effects.
If you feel zero change, as in you went from a 0 to a 0 on the sale of 1-10, that's not a microdose; a more fitting term would be phantomdose or ghostdose. I'm just trying to be objective. If you want to dose so low that there's zero perceivable change, great. Just don't try to claim that "that's what a real microdose is".

Last edited:

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
"...the user leans on somewhere between 3 to 10 milligrams to feel some effect without entering into a realm of laughing fits, paranoia and ravenous hunger."

"Beyond crafting a buzz that flies below the paranoia radar, its proponents cite a variety of medical benefits."

"The array of health issues that microdosing marijuana is proving beneficial for is somewhat startling: Users are addressing anxiety, chronic pain, stress, ADHD, inflammation, and indigestion, among others, while mood and emotional enhancements are frequently reported."
Wait, what? :doh: Maybe I have been microdosing.

This is such complicated stuff when slightly paranoid and very hungry. :bang:

Ohmie

Govrnmnt fund adult circumcision & frenuloplasty!
Microdosing, The last crumbs of brick weed out of a baggie in the 70's.
I was definitely the that guy of 2012, rolling two sticks from one wrap with like two or three bowls worth

Ohmie,
Reactions: Ozyzj

C No Ego

Cannabis is not even a psychoactive plant until decarboxylated via alchemical processes, thus "micro dosing" is absolutely temperature dependent.

perfect example! in order to have any bio active effects cannabis needs heat... raw cannabis would be fruit on the vine and usually will not impart any type of psychoactive effects as are gained from one tiny puff of heated cannabis...

eating a half a plate of raw cannabis would be a microdose compared to an entire plate!

EverythingsHazy

perfect example! in order to have any bio active effects cannabis needs heat... raw cannabis would be fruit on the vine and usually will not impart any type of psychoactive effects as are gained from one tiny puff of heated cannabis...

eating a half a plate of raw cannabis would be a microdose compared to an entire plate!
Not necessarily, because the chemicals you are ingesting are different. Just because it doesn't get you high, doesn't mean that a plate of raw cannabis is a micro dose. It's a macro dose of non-psychoactive chemicals.

EverythingsHazy,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Not necessarily, because the chemicals you are ingesting are different. Just because it doesn't get you high, doesn't mean that a plate of raw cannabis is a micro dose. It's a macro dose of non-psychoactive chemicals.

This has nothing to do with the posts you quoted. Your original post defined micro dosing as "Just small doses with a low tolerance that produce full/near-full psychoactive effects."

Which I easily proved wrong. Perhaps you should re-read your signature. Microdosing is real and it is temperature dependent.

I don't even understand what you are doing here, all you do is hate on cannabis and vaporizing.

invertedisdead,

EverythingsHazy

This has nothing to do with the posts you quoted. Your original post defined micro dosing as "Just small doses with a low tolerance that produce full/near-full psychoactive effects."

Which I easily proved wrong. Perhaps you should re-read your signature. Microdosing is real and it is temperature dependent.

I don't even understand what you are doing here, all you do is hate on cannabis and vaporizing.
I don't hate on it at all. I just don't believe it's some miracle plant with no negatives.

You didn't prove anything wrong. You tried and failed. The quote you just posted of mine was me saying what is NOT microdosing lol. Perhaps you should re-read what you're quoting.

When I discussed true "micro dosing", it was obviously in regards to decarbed Cannabis and psychoactive forms of THC and CBD. I thought that was a given, since we are on a forum that focuses on vaporizing and not eating raw cannabis.

The only thing way microdosing is dependent on temperature, is that you get different chemicals based on the temp you use. For the most part, with Cannabis, what is discussed, and what has the most sought after effects are THC and CBD. Therefore, all that matters is if you're hitting the decarb temp of THC. if you're vaporizing like a normal person, you are hitting that point.

EverythingsHazy,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
if you're vaporizing like a normal person, you are hitting that point.

Well a "normal person" likely is not micro dosing, which is what THIS THREAD is about. Using cannabis DIFFERENTLY.

And unless you are buying decarbed cannabis... MICRO DOSING IS DEPENDENT ON TEMPERATURE.

invertedisdead,

Ohmie

I don't hate on it at all. I just don't believe it's some miracle plant with no negatives.
It doesn't kill ppl...that's about as non negative as things get,riht?.CBD is good for epileptics but there are even more folk for whom the psychoactive strains are key..at the moment there just isn't any room for downplaying cannabis supremecy on any level. Not that I know what convo you and @invertedisdead were referring to but I'd really like to hear what complaints you have about..weed..!.It sickens me a little to see folks pissing tears of joy over a cbd bill being passed..a substance that %90 of users never heard of. A miracle now however WOULD be ppl letting other ppl ptheir own dietition so yeah cannabis hasn't miraculized anything that far I suppose

Last edited:
Ohmie,

EverythingsHazy

Well a "normal person" likely is not micro dosing, which is what THIS THREAD is about. Using cannabis DIFFERENTLY.

And unless you are buying decarbed cannabis... MICRO DOSING IS DEPENDENT ON TEMPERATURE.
"Normal" as in not vaporizing it to a point below the activation temperature for it's psychoactivity. I really don't have the time to baby step you through what should be common sense in a forum about vaporizing weed.

I also don't know what point you're trying to make. I already explained the only way it's dependent on temperature. Since we are for the most part feeling the effects from activated THC and CBD, you either heat the Cannabis up to the point where it becomes psychoactive, or you don't, since this is a vaporizing forum, repeating that it's temperature dependent is pointless.

It doesn't kill ppl...that's about as non negative as things get,riht?
Not right. it can have no negative effects, which would clearly be better than just not killing people. However, that's not the case. It does have some negative effects o nthe body/brain. Their severity is what's up for debate. I never suggested it is deadly. I don't believe that for a second.

II'd really like to hear what complaints you have about..weed..!.It sickens me a little to see folks pissing tears of joy over a cbd bill being passed..a substance that %90 of users never heard of.
I'll PM you the answer to this question, since it tends to trigger people on this forum who like to pretend weed is completely devoid of any negatives, and I don't wanna waste my time arguing with them.

EverythingsHazy,

Ohmie

The way I see it is if you're not gonna exercise your not gonna exercise and if you're not gonna look both ways before crossing a road you're not gonna do it.. I know ppl who have opposed marijuana usage but had to take their driving tests three times and even totaled a car and I can't help but think it's from asking stupid questions.lol

stonedbob

100% THC
as far as i know, the only effect on cannabis that decarb does is convert THC-A to THC which is psychoactive.
any other cannabinoids are still being absorbed the same.
ingesting large amount WILL overwhelm your endocannabinoid system and will result in less cannabinoids absorption.

in conclution, non-decarbed herb can still act as microdose, the psychoactive effect is just an option. the microdosing method could work without decarb at all, which means id doesnt depend on the temperature at all

stonedbob,

C No Ego

the dose is the" active " portion.... you know, the medicine part of cannabi via heat activation and subsequent blood brain barrier permeability and neuronal signalling...

when it is not heated to activate the cannabis it is just FOOD and whether you eat half a plate or a whole plate it is not active ( heat activated) medicine but nutrition at that point... a vegetable or fruit/flower/plant etc... pick which one you like best.

just because this is a vape forum does not take away from all the other methods a cannabis plant can be used/consumed... once activated there are so many dosing options... limiting talking about those other options gets you further from your goal

edit... say someone juices a half ounce of raw plant leaves... if even a tiny portion of those leaves gets decarboxylated then that portion would represent " the dose" IMO... that is where eating it raw could have psycho active effects and make it measurable on the dose meter

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
as far as i know, the only effect on cannabis that decarb does is convert THC-A to THC which is psychoactive.
any other cannabinoids are still being absorbed the same.
ingesting large amount WILL overwhelm your endocannabinoid system and will result in less cannabinoids absorption.

in conclution, non-decarbed herb can still act as microdose, the psychoactive effect is just an option. the microdosing method could work without decarb at all, which means id doesnt depend on the temperature at all

Except they aren't being absorbed the same, because bio-availability is based on administration method and raw cannabis cannot be administered (thus absorbed) in as many ways as a decarboxylated product. Furthermore, there are a number of other desirable active compounds that must also be converted via the decarb process.

gallery_34991_1162_41617.png

picture.php

Not to mention THC must convert to Delta-9 to fit the CB1 receptor...

F10.large.jpg

EverythingsHazy

the dose is the" active " portion.... you know, the medicine part of cannabi via heat activation and subsequent blood brain barrier permeability and neuronal signalling...

when it is not heated to activate the cannabis it is just FOOD and whether you eat half a plate or a whole plate it is not active ( heat activated) medicine but nutrition at that point... a vegetable or fruit/flower/plant etc... pick which one you like best.

just because this is a vape forum does not take away from all the other methods a cannabis plant can be used/consumed... once activated there are so many dosing options... limiting talking about those other options gets you further from your goal

edit... say someone juices a half ounce of raw plant leaves... if even a tiny portion of those leaves gets decarboxylated then that portion would represent " the dose" IMO... that is where eating it raw could have psycho active effects and make it measurable on the dose meter
It's not like non-psychoactive chemicals are inert and have no effect on the human body. You can have a "dose" of those chemicals, too. Just because you don't feel a buzz, doesn't mean you aren't getting affected by them in some way.

EverythingsHazy,

C No Ego

It's not like non-psychoactive chemicals are inert and have no effect on the human body. You can have a "dose" of those chemicals, too. Just because you don't feel a buzz, doesn't mean you aren't getting affected by them in some way.
as is the case with every thing you ingest...
all the problems people have with cannabis are strictly because it can be psycho-active... if it were not the option of that there would be zero issues.... lettuce is not psychoactive no matter if you heat it or any other method to try and make it so, and we eat it all day long= anybody/everybody...

now, eat cannabis with no psycohactivity.... where is any issue there unless you heat activate to make it psycohactive... because cannabis has that carbon shield (carboxylic acid) that can be cleaved off it becomes a neuronal agent unlike other foods... with that carbon shield in place ( carbon active) there are no neuronal effects just anti-inflammatory effects as you would expect from eating a raw food...

it is night and day difference and of absolute total importance, especially when considered how a micro dose ( heat activated neuronal fitting activity) is so powerful and an entire pot bush could be juiced with no effects whatsoever except an increase in oxygen to your cells from all the chlorophyll in the raw plant...

we have to establish a baseline of what is happening from modes of ingestion and subsequent effects... because the enzymes (carbon) present that cover the active molecules while eating cannabis raw has no effects usually they can be deemed safe IMO.... the carbon shield blocks the active molecules transfer signalling capabilities because of the shape and size in raw form... the carbon coated molecules are just to big to fit the receptors or to big to pass through the blood brain barrier

C No Ego,
Reactions: Ricardo

chris 71

EverythingsHazy , since it appears to be very hard to find reliable evidence of physical damage to the brain and its what you seem to be worried about . i can again say my brain looked fine on MRI images .

maybe you should focus your attention more on the mental health aspect of harms that maybe possible . as its harder to prove or pin point then actual damage .

cannabis is different then broccoli , in the regard as everybody is pointing out that when heated it release the psychoactive drug aspects and puts it on another level then the average vegetable .

maybe micro dosing is the key to negating any negative mental health aspects . honestly though if your that worried about it just say NO !! lol

Ohmie

Mental harms of marijuana: Everybody judges everything about you negatively because they hear you use marijuana....
Which is why I DONT call it stoning or maybe that it is "stoning" since even the pissants who claim to want it legalized still manage to create and upkeep a caste system between hydro and regular grade buyers to call themselves to themselves productive stoners

Top Bottom