Micro-dosing

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
How bout getting this thread back on track? I personally think microdosing is an important subject.

I think you can micro dose with most any vape. Some may be easier to micro dose tho.

I consider dabbing, microdosing when I use micro amounts on my dnail dish.

And my wax pen doesn't use much. A few hits per day would last a long long time. And imho microdosing.

I think concentrates work fantastic for microdosing as it is easier to control the dosage than some other methods of administration. Especially with a temperature controlled wax pen, you can adjust the settings to keep everything very smooth and mild, plus concentrates and atomizers will last forever onm a microdose schedule so it's a win-win.

Squiby

I microdose concentrates, particularly sativas, to keep me productive throughout the day. I love creating an all day sipper. I load a concentrate pad that sits in the bowl of my Omnivap with Durban Poison shatter. A few puffs over one heating cycle every few hours. Great for out and about and doing chores.

Sativa concentrates bring a clear energetic high that rival the flower.

I save the hybrid and indica flowers for the evening.

shredder

I think concentrates work fantastic for microdosing as it is easier to control the dosage than some other methods of administration. Especially with a temperature controlled wax pen, you can adjust the settings to keep everything very smooth and mild, plus concentrates and atomizers will last forever onm a microdose schedule so it's a win-win.

Good point!

Consistently is why we make edibles with concentrates. Before we used herb for infusing oil, and the strength was all over the map. Now they're much more predictable.

A dab is pretty easily eyeballed for a fair idea as to the amounts. But it could be weighed by someone more methodical.

And small amounts over time is how I micro dose.

vapismos

Drooling over Dynavap's website.
I'm jumping on the microdosing wagon. I've been enjoying smoking joints a few years now. This year i found out vaping and am so excited with my vapcap.
I quit smoking (ok i turned to ecig but no more combustion) and also started to only vape my weed like 3 months ago and i am really happy. Tried a few evapes but when i tried a vapcap that was a revelation for me!

I also reduced the quantity of weed i use. Not sure if it was because of the vaping or me trying to regulate my habit. After reading the whole thread i decided to give microdosing a go. My weekly use is around 4-5gr(medium potend - quality) including meetings with friends. Not sure how much i consume per day or per session (have to get a scale) but i think the vapcap chamber is around .1 - .2.

Currently i'm on a t-break for 48hours and then will try Dr Sulak's resensitization process. Feeling excited.

Squiby

i think the vapcap chamber is around .1 - .2.

That's a pretty good guess considering you don't have a scale!

My Vapcap tip can accommodate the following loads of Super Lemon Haze, stored with a 62% rh bodeva pack. This is according to my scale so it could vary +- depending on other more accurate scales and the amount of moisture in your bud.

Screen in bottom groove - .07 grams

Screen in middle groove - .05 grams

Screen in top groove - .03 grams

These are the absolute max amounts that I can stuff into the chamber. In practice, I never fill the Vapcap to capacity. I like to pop an unground nug in there and let it float freely. My average load is .015 grams, just a tiny nug. I vape several times per day.

Obviously I microdose and absolutely love the effects! The highs are cleaner and far more enjoyable compared to a heavier dose. It took some effort to get down to lower doses, but if you load a tiny bit less each time, a tiny bit less, you may find that you get just as high but a cleaner high with far less weed. Less will get you there.

vapismos

That's a pretty good guess considering you don't have a scale!

Well i learned to weight them by sight. From where i come from we mostly have some medium - low quality weed (we call them Albanians as they mostly come from Albania - i feel ashamed vaping this thing in my VC) and i mostly buy small quantities so never had the urge to buy a scale. Getting caught with weed and a scale is a big no no here.

Tried micro yesterday. I vaped a VC chamber in 1 toke sessions in around 10 hours. The effects were definitely there but had to think about if i was high or not (i was) and didn't last long. I guess my T is high for that. That's why i'm on a break right now.

Krazy

In practice, I never fill the Vapcap to capacity. I like to pop an unground nug in there and let it float freely. My average load is .015 grams, just a tiny nug...

Obviously I microdose and absolutely love the effects! The highs are cleaner and far more enjoyable compared to a heavier dose. It took some effort to get down to lower doses, but if you load a tiny bit less each time, a tiny bit less, you may find that you get just as high but a cleaner high with far less weed. Less will get you there.
My experience exactly.

virtualpurple

I microdose concentrates, particularly sativas, to keep me productive throughout the day. I love creating an all day sipper. I load a concentrate pad that sits in the bowl of my Omnivap with Durban Poison shatter. A few puffs over one heating cycle every few hours. Great for out and about and doing chores.

Sativa concentrates bring a clear energetic high that rival the flower.

I save the hybrid and indica flowers for the evening.

What do you use as a concentrate pad in your Omni if you don't mind sharing! I have done little herb sandwiches and I have used hemp fiber but after a combustion event in both my milaana and EVO I have been wary of using the fiber.

In my OG cap I have used @RastaBuddhaTao's stainless steel mesh, but I have my bowl size set too shallow to use the same mesh in my Omni.

I have some Mighty concentrate pads but I'm not sure how to cut them to size without destroying a pair of scissors. Though I could probably snag a cheap pair of trauma shears from one of the ERs I work in...

virtualpurple,
Reactions: nenmayk

EverythingsHazy

Do you guys get super stoned, like where you close your eyes and feel like you're flying like the first times you got stoned, or do you just catch a nice buzz?

I'm currently 2 days from 1/3yr break after having a tolerance of about 0.3-.5g/session for a strong buzz that didn't quite reach the level of skin tingling and closed eye flying feeling). I'm pretty sure 3 solid rips out of a bong with the nano will prob feel like they did in the beginning.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
When I got my first log vape, I remember putting such a tiny amount in the little metal bowl and it hit me hard. I would love to have that low of a tolerance again. Most of the time I just get a buzz. The problem is sometimes I really want that intense high. And then micro dosing feels less fulfilling in it's buzz. So I do another tiny stem. And now I'm at the point where I'm definitely not micro dosing, and I'm still just getting a buzz. So. Yeah.

howie105

If I tap one jar I get an OK buzz, if its another jar I get totally toasted. So even with the same load in the same vape it still comes down to quality in my case.

Krazy

Do you guys get super stoned, like where you close your eyes and feel like you're flying like the first times you got stoned, or do you just catch a nice buzz?
I catch a nice buzz on my standard just under .05 gram medicinal dose. Bump that up to just over .05g and I do approach how the stuff made me feel in high school.

One of the reasons I like micro dosing is that when my "issues" flair up I need to go a bit heavier. I find that with micro dosing I am actually more sensitized than if I were not regularly using. I am both sensitized AND retain my high tolerance. I go a bit heavier, perhaps .075g and do some fudge for .25g

Crazy thing for me with consistent micro dosing when I haven't needed to bump it up in a while? I actually feel more :leaf: about 45 minutes after partaking than initially.

EverythingsHazy

exactly- it is hard to micro dose brick/swag weed... 3% thc from brick weed cannot touch 15 to 25% medical quality cannabis
Idk if I'd judge the dose based on weight of the herb vs weight of THC/CBD in milligrams. Otherwise you'd be considering two doses that are 10x as strong, to be the same "microdose".

There is a big difference between a truly "micro" dose, and a small dose. With a "micro" dose you probably shouldn't be getting high. When they refer to using low doses in experiments on mice and such, they often explain that the doses aren't high enough to cause the same effects as a normal dose. On this forum, people tend to say they are "micro" dosing, when they are getting ripped. To me, that's just a small dose with a super low tolerance.

EverythingsHazy,
I tried micro-dosing today and it's much better. My brother has a high tolerance, he smokes multiple bowls and is fine but a little sprinkle of weed in the Herbalizer at max temp gets me right where I want to be. If I try to keep up with him, I vape 'til I knockout lol.

C No Ego

Idk if I'd judge the dose based on weight of the herb vs weight of THC/CBD in milligrams. Otherwise you'd be considering two doses that are 10x as strong, to be the same "microdose".

There is a big difference between a truly "micro" dose, and a small dose. With a "micro" dose you probably shouldn't be getting high. When they refer to using low doses in experiments on mice and such, they often explain that the doses aren't high enough to cause the same effects as a normal dose. On this forum, people tend to say they are "micro" dosing, when they are getting ripped. To me, that's just a small dose with a super low tolerance.
makes sense, though whether someone gets "high" is dependent on their tolerance... when compared to Jamaica and newspaper sized joints any dose is a micro-dose!

C No Ego,

chris 71

ive been working on getting my tolerance back up for a while now . after i took a break for a while i am finding it difficult to get back into vaping because my tolerance has gone soo low im experiencing some negative effects with anxiety .

to try and get past this i was trying tiny amounts micro dosing ;) but i was finding it just not satisfying with such a tiny amount of the higher thc strains . as in just not enough of a nice satisfying amount of vapor , just a tiny little pfft barely anything . i like thick satisfying puffs

so what i did was take a cbd strain with 9 % cbd and a low thc strain with 7 % thc , mix them together and bingo , one to one ratio i end up with just 3.5 % thc and 4.5 % cbd i can load my vapes up full and vape that stuff all day , nice big clouds of vapor and still micro dosing :lol: .

although my goal is to get my tolerance back up so i can enjoy my 20 + % strains again :D

vapismos

can you expand on this resensitization process and how/why it's useful?

Well, i found out about the whole micro dosing concept pretty recently. About the resensitization process i read in this thread and it inspired me to give it a try. I know it will drop my tolerance and maybe i can keep it that way too.

In short it aims to minimize the quantity required to get you high and also have stronger and better effects. I'm 3 days in so not really much to say about.

You can find all the info on this video

chris 71

good video , the only problem with trying this with vaporizing as opposed to smoking, and is something that i was thinking about is , he talks about just taking one puff off a vaporizer and then putting it down .

i can see how this would work with smoking but not vapor , depending on which vaporizer one is using may make a difference as well . the problem being that when we vaporize because of the slow process of the conversion of all the elements that make up the cannabis we are using , example . ( thc ,cbd , cbn, terps flaviods ect ect ) . some of these things convert faster to vapor then others . so if we just take one or even two puffs the effects maybe different from the starting end of the bowl to the last of the bowl .

smoking on the other hand would release everything at once .

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I don't find a short break like that any more useful than just reducing my dosage by myself.

invertedisdead,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
good video , the only problem with trying this with vaporizing as opposed to smoking, and is something that i was thinking about is , he talks about just taking one puff off a vaporizer and then putting it down .

i can see how this would work with smoking but not vapor , depending on which vaporizer one is using may make a difference as well . the problem being that when we vaporize because of the slow process of the conversion of all the elements that make up the cannabis we are using , example . ( thc ,cbd , cbn, terps flaviods ect ect ) . some of these things convert faster to vapor then others . so if we just take one or even two puffs the effects maybe different from the starting end of the bowl to the last of the bowl .

Not quite - with smoking you are converting those actives to harmful combustion byproducts via pyrolysis, so you absolutely are not "getting everything at once."

If you want something more consistent from start to finish, try concentrates.

invertedisdead,

vapismos

Yeah i guess which vaporizer one uses is very important. I use a Vapcap that i load a very small ammount that is enough to give me 1 or 2 puffs then it's gone.

@invertedisdead i was thinking about this also. Especially for a long time user who has raised high tolerance just 48hours sounds little. The method though suggest a small break and lowering the dosage, then slowly up it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom