Micro-dosing

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
Volcano micro dose = only fill the bag enough for a hit or two.

Aimless Ryan,

howie105

I have a Volcano at home and a PAX 2 for when I'm out. (Both regular and half pack lids).

Also have an MFLB that I haven't used in years.

For concentrates I have a Lynx Hypnos Zero but rarely use concentrates.

The MFLB is a good small load vape. As usual performance is very dependant on the user adapting their technique to the specfic task. Good Luck

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The Volcano is not very good at Microdosing IMO. The Vapcap works very well for me for small loads. I usually puff concentrates lately though so just painting a donut with a small dot of wax.

Squiby

I've not yet found a way of microdosing using vaporization that is efficient, since you always have to heat up the entire chamber.

I agree with @Ricardo and @invertedisdead. The Vapcap is fantastic for microdosing. It will handle anything you throw at it with ease; flowers, hash and concentrates when fitted with a concentrate pad.

The titanium Vapcap tip (herb chamber) has grooves in it which allows you to adjust the depth of the chamber to accommodate various amounts of herb.

Mine holds the following loads of Super Lemon Haze, stored with a 62% rh bodeva pack. This is according to my scale so it could vary +- depending on other more accurate scales and the amount of moisture in your bud.

Screen in bottom groove - .07 grams

Screen in middle groove - .05 grams

Screen in top groove - .03 grams

These are the absolute max amounts that I can stuff into the chamber. In practice, I never fill the Vapcap to capacity. I like to pop an unground nug in there and let it float freely. My average load is .015 grams, just a tiny nug. I vape several times per day.

The Vapcap is fantastic for microdoses. The other benefit is that the Vapcap is astonishingly conservative with your weed.

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
my method for small amounts in the Volcano is with the chamber reducer for dosing caps - a cap with liquid pad on the bottom, then a thin layer of herbs and on top another liquid pad instead of the lid.
let the chamber sit on top of the cano for at least 10mins before filling a bag to let the heat soak in by natural convection - increases conduction, but i always do 2 bags that way

Don't now if weight is the way to go imo depends more on volume, maybe calyx counting :D ?

My favourite for micros are butane vapes: vaponic(long tasty convection sessions), ti woody(quick hitter) and vapman(conduction, quick or slow), but cano and mighty just work consistent, no matter what state i am in, got still a nice blister...

Chamber/Screen surface should be the most important factor for micro dosing bc that's what has to be covered with a thin layer, so for starters:
- s&B dosing caps are about 12 mil diameter
- vapcaps are 8mil
- vaponic is 7mil (push the screen deeper and it's only 5mil)
- vapman 11 mil but conic and a peg in the middle, tiny to begin with but a concentrate screen on top as a lid reduces volume to a third
My recommondation would be to get an M, Vaponic and Vapman - thats not VAS ;) it's three pretty different vape signatures for the price of an omni

Last edited:

WarpaintFree

I agree with @Ricardo and @invertedisdead. The Vapcap is fantastic for microdosing. It will handle anything you throw at it with ease; flowers, hash and concentrates when fitted with a concentrate pad.

The titanium Vapcap tip (herb chamber) has grooves in it which allows you to adjust the depth of the chamber to accommodate various amounts of herb.

Mine holds the following loads of Super Lemon Haze, stored with a 62% rh bodeva pack. This is according to my scale so it could vary +- depending on other more accurate scales and the amount of moisture in your bud.

Screen in bottom groove - .07 grams

Screen in middle groove - .05 grams

Screen in top groove - .03 grams

These are the absolute max amounts that I can stuff into the chamber. In practice, I never fill the Vapcap to capacity. I like to pop an unground nug in there and let it float freely. My average load is .015 grams, just a tiny nug. I vape several times per day.

The Vapcap is fantastic for microdoses. The other benefit is that the Vapcap is astonishingly conservative with your weed.

For me with the Dynavap M, if I scoop the herb into the tip and tamp lightly with my finger, the load is ~0.07g. If I use the M to suck up the herb from the grinder, and stop when it's full, with no tamping, the load is under 0.05g.

There is a slight difference in the density of the vapour depending how tightly or loosely it's filled, but not dramatically so.

esrever

Herb: best aphrodisiac and stereo tweak on Earth
Seems microdosing enables microdosing,
a kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy
where the more you do it, the more you're able to do it.

Certainly potent herb and the efficiency of vaporizing play a part.

But is it possible that microdosing makes microdosing possible?

howie105

Perception and sensitivity, that has a lot to do with it in my case.

stonedbob

100% THC

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

thats so true...

cloudsosmoke

im guessing its already posted on vapcap thread but as ppl like to recommend vapcap for microdosing..

got this from DynaVap

Dear valued customer,

We are excited to announce our Battery Independence Day special which offers you a couple ways to save when purchasing our products. The special runs for six days beginning on June 30th and ending on July 5th. During this time, anyone who purchases products from our DYNASHOP will receive a 20% discount.

We have something special for our previous customers. Beginning at 7:10 pm CT, Friday June 30th, you will be able to buy an M for a Friend for $20 for 20 hours. Click on the picture below to be directed to our “M” page.

(thats starting at 01:10 on saturday in uk)

howie105

im guessing its already posted on vapcap thread but as ppl like to recommend vapcap for microdosing..

got this from DynaVap

Dear valued customer,

We are excited to announce our Battery Independence Day special which offers you a couple ways to save when purchasing our products. The special runs for six days beginning on June 30th and ending on July 5th. During this time, anyone who purchases products from our DYNASHOP will receive a 20% discount.

We have something special for our previous customers. Beginning at 7:10 pm CT, Friday June 30th, you will be able to buy an M for a Friend for $20 for 20 hours. Click on the picture below to be directed to our “M” page.

(thats starting at 01:10 on saturday in uk)

Thanks for the advertisement.

cloudsosmoke

@howie105
@shredder

oh right - but im not actually a rep - i just like posting nice deals when i spot them
i thought that was for the good
- to keep ppl up with good offers

but then again.. maybe its just me helping the commercial hype

- i posted because i thought 'everyone loves a bargain' covered it
but maybe not

if its not OK - im cool with that
this website is a community effort - i accept community rules

Last edited:

Squiby

@cloudsosmoke

Me too. People regularly post special deals and sales on relevant threads. I think that this is a relevant thread. There are even threads dedicated to various yearly sales. You weren't "advertising" in any way. You were sharing info on a like minded forum. This Microdose thread has discussed the Vapcap as an excellent tool for microdosing and I personally see nothing wrong with your post.

I did scan the rules and it seemed to me that they discourage merchants from promoting their wares in threads nonspecific to their product.

But you don't work for Dynavap.... Do you?

cloudsosmoke

my thinking was ..

FC has great internet reputation
ppl come here to find honest reliable facts/opinions

they might follow a thread to find out about a vape before they buy
so - for them - a nice price is useful info
(maybe even a short sale they would miss otherwise)

but on the other hand i guess its true that its completely uninteresting for everyone else
..maybe a bit of an interruption

..after thinking about it..
last 420 i posted quick links in mighty and crafty threads
to the dedicated 420 deals thread

is there (..or maybe i should start) an ongoing 'random good deals' thread?
if there is - i could maybe do the same thing - just posting a quick link in this thread
where ppl looking for a micro-dosing vape would see it - but hopefully without interrupting the thread

does that make sense?
i admit im a bit of a noob at internet forums

shredder

I always thought those were the rules for vendors, not users trying to share info about good deals to other users.

How bout getting this thread back on track? I personally think microdosing is an important subject.

I think you can micro dose with most any vape. Some may be easier to micro dose tho.

I consider dabbing, microdosing when I use micro amounts on my dnail dish.

And my wax pen doesn't use much. A few hits per day would last a long long time. And imho microdosing.

Top Bottom