Micro-dosing

Ein14Here

Microdosing
Hey again and thanks for the replies!

I've another question regarding my tolerance break being over and starting up again with microdosing. Should I start with low to mid grade or it makes no differences and is fine to go for top shelf?

MinnBobber

Hey again and thanks for the replies!

I've another question regarding my tolerance break being over and starting up again with microdosing. Should I start with low to mid grade or it makes no differences and is fine to go for top shelf?
....................................................................................................................
Since you live in Calif and have access to world class top shelf, I see no reason to go with low/mids. Start with low doses and primo buds and see what you think. You might be shocked how little bud it might take.

The only reason I'd EVER use mids/lows is if that is all that I can get. And even then, I'm not sure if I'd even use low grade/ only as a last resort :)

EverythingsHazy

Idk, going with low-mid grade allows you to get very small THC doses. 0.05g of low grade bud will get a beginner stoned, and will provide much less THC than 0.05g of high grade bud. It's hard to accurately dose smaller than 0.025g, so having the option of using lower potency material is a way to use less THC and avoid building much of a tolerance.

snaffle

If you don't have the cash for a nice scale you could get a set of these spoons to measure a consistent small amount when micro dosing. I think they work great for this purpose.

https://www.amazon.com/New-Star-Foo...&keywords=pinch+dash+smidgen+measuring+spoons

31azPto8XVL._SX300_.jpg

:)

Thanks @steama, that's useful for me. I've held off buying small scales, because of the possibility of it increasing the severity of punishment in the unlikely event that I get into legal trouble for my consumption. Scales can be used as evidence of supply, and the less room authorities have to make that claim, the better. But tiny measuring spoons that are kept in the kitchen could be a neat solution to this! Any other suggestions welcome. (The real solution, of course, is to work on changing the law in my jurisdiction. But that will take some time. :) )

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
@snaffle I agree with @steama about the spoons. I can guess pretty close at .05gm, .07gm, .10gm, .14gm, and .25gm based on spoon size and whether full, rounded, or heaped. I would say within 10% give or take. I have a .001gm scale but don't use it often now. Good luck.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Microdosing, or micro-dosing, is a technique for studying the behaviour of drugs in humans through the administration of doses so low ("sub-therapeutic") they are unlikely to produce whole-body effects, but high enough to allow the cellular response to be studied. This is called a "Phase 0 study" and is usually conducted before clinical Phase I to predict whether a drug is viable for the next phase of testing. Human Microdosing aims to reduce the resources spent on non-viable drugs and the amount of testing done on animals.

I think for us on FC it might mean a substantially smaller dose of cannabis than what we were originally used to using. Just a thought. Sub therapeutic doesn't get the job done for me. A person's tolerance goes down a lot within the first 48 to 72 hours while on a TBreak. If you are able to lower your dose and frequency right after the restart.

I think for many of us it was a positive change just quitting the combustion. My cannabis usage dropped in half. I can't say that I just use a gram or 3 grams a month though like some folks. I'm probably not trying hard enough.:D

Last edited:

Gigsabits53

This thread just fascinates me. I read some of these replies with the super small amounts being used and I feel like such a weed hog. I think it's fantastic that people are able to do this. I, however, do not see myself ever micro-dosing. I have probably vaped more in the last hour than some of you will vape this entire month.

I also do not take T-breaks, although I just started back to using marijuana 2 years ago after a 30 year break. I guess I am making up for lost time :) I do feel like I can keep my tolerance at a reasonable level by using different strains or even mixing concentrates and flower. I do go through roughly 2 grams a day so I feel like that is a large amount.

Recently I have begun to sort of taper my usage to try to get down to one gram a day, so roughly an ounce of product a month. I feel like this is doable for me. I purchased an ounce 16 days ago and I have about 12 grams left. I'm doing pretty good and I'm getting good effects. I'm trying to spend more time enjoying my high instead of just loading another stem, if that makes sense. I feel like sometimes I get more involved in the process of getting high that I hardly bother with just feeling the effects and putting the stem down :)

Baby steps. Love the thread, very informative.
Thanks to FC and all the great people here. I have learned so much on here in the last year. Cannot thank you all enough. :)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm trying to spend more time enjoying my high instead of just loading another stem, if that makes sense. I feel like sometimes I get more involved in the process of getting high that I hardly bother with just feeling the effects and putting the stem down :)

Wise man!! This is the true key to microdosing, it doesn't even matter how much material you use, as long as you understand this.

EverythingsHazy

Microdosing, or micro-dosing, is a technique for studying the behaviour of drugs in humans through the administration of doses so low ("sub-therapeutic") they are unlikely to produce whole-body effects, but high enough to allow the cellular response to be studied. This is called a "Phase 0 study" and is usually conducted before clinical Phase I to predict whether a drug is viable for the next phase of testing. Human Microdosing aims to reduce the resources spent on non-viable drugs and the amount of testing done on animals.

I think for us on FC it might mean a substantially smaller dose of cannabis than what we were originally used to using. Just a thought. Sub therapeutic doesn't get the job done for me. A person's tolerance goes down a lot within the first 48 to 72 hours while on a TBreak. If you are able to lower your dose and frequency right after the restart.

I think for many of us it was a positive change just quitting the combustion. My cannabis usage dropped in half. I can't say that I just use a gram or 3 grams a month though like some folks. I'm probably not trying hard enough.:D
I mentioned this a while ago. The term "micro dosing" is used to describe small doses, here.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Microdosing should be your tiniest amount of cannabis or concentrates to give you the smallest of effect. Don't sit and use cannabis all day. Go out and live your life....

The above definition is for clinical study post #935. . We are studying ourselves when microdosing. What works for one person is what might not work in your situation.

We have many medical cannabis patients on for forum. We have folks with AIDS, Arthritis, Chrons, MS and cancer plus everything else like PTSD. If you have a chronic condition the amounts you use maybe different than someone that just wants to get high.

Last edited:

FabulatorPoeta

Where has the time gone?
We are studying ourselves when microdosing. What works for one person is what might not work in your situation [...] If you have a chronic condition the amounts you use maybe different than someone that just wants to get high.

So true and well said.

Thanks for this article I find this particularly interesting:

Cannabis can be microdosed in just about any form, but experienced users point out that tinctures, drops and vaping usually work best, because it’s easier to control the precise amount being used. And it’s important to start very small, working gradually just to the point where beneficial effects can be felt, but no farther.

I'm wrestling with the no farther ! It's definitely part of the process of 'studying ourselves' mentionned by @CarolKing.

Ein14Here

Microdosing
Just finished my 3 week break and did .15 grams of mid grade Sour Diesel on my Volcano with my buddy and its not crazy stone on couch feel, its more like a buzz throughout my body. With only .15 grams I barely covered 90% of solid valve chamber and got 3 big turkey bags. The session was 1 hour and it lasted 3-4 hours later.

Can't wait to try out top shelve indica tonight. Cheers for Micro-dosing (?)!! :D

Edit* My nighttime strain was Ingrid OG, its very smelly and relaxing. It maximize my enjoyment of Skull Island, it borderline slasher horror movies.

Last edited:

Krazy

I've held off buying small scales, because of the possibility of it increasing the severity of punishment in the unlikely event that I get into legal trouble for my consumption. Scales can be used as evidence of supply, and the less room authorities have to make that claim, the better.
I'm legal so it doesn't apply BUT:

I keep a mini food scale in the kitchen: 0.1g to 2,000g. I have my jewelers scale , 0.001g accuracy, down stairs with my various jars of meds. Given that: the jars are specific weights, do not fit on the jewelers scale, and the kitchen scale is near baggies in the kitchen?

Yep.

Krazy,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Microdosing is such a dose that is so low, that it shouldn't have any of the typical effects of a regular dose, but still "big" enough to incude some other subler effects, that are different from the regular ones.
For example a regular recreational dose of a psychedelic makes you see visuals and feel and think in a very different way from ordinary.
A microdose of that gives energy and creativity boost, and mood enhancement.
Maybe cannabis can also be truly microdoses for some subtle yet different effects. What we'Re doing here I would call "tolerance lowering controlled dosing" or maybe minidosing.

Before trying that, I usually vaped like 0.1-0.25 grams per session. Over .25 would knock out me few hours later.
When I started this, I gradually lowered the doses to 0.04-0.06 per session and still got great effects.
Over .2 would knock me out and before that make me much higher than any dose could do before.
I stayed on that for a while and reccently I slowly went even lower.
With 0.03-0.04g once a day, I can get really strong effects.
Once I vaped on this shedule a 0.1g load and I got fucked up from that.
I mean "going somewhere for something, then grab something totally different and stare at it for a while not knowing why I did that" fucked up.
And I didn't get knocked out from that.
With such a low dose per session and with just one session per day, I even stopped feeling any cravings for redosing.
I know "this is just cannabis" so the cravings were very mild in the first place, but I could say they were there even if subtle and now they're gone.
Which makes it even easier to follow the shedule.

Some tips:
1) Exactly same dose (or slightly lower) every time.
Deviate from your set dose as little as possible. Set your dose and be strict to never go over that. Everytime you take more than previously, even just a little bit like a rounding error - you boost your tolerance, even if only for a little bit.
2) Miligram scale!
Get a miligram scale for precision, they can be only 20 bucks. It is very superior to a 0.01 precision scale once you venture into less than 0.1g dose range. And having 5mg error will prevent you from accurately going down to really low doses and not getting tolerance from these rounding errors. It helps you floow the tip number one much better.
3) Try once a day or less.
Try vaping only once per day if you can, and later in the day. As I said this helps you stay at your strict shedule and makes it more special treat of the day, which further helps getting more from less. Later in the day also help you keep your shedule, it's now wake'n'baking is an easy way to an unproductive day and redosing and tolerance.
4) Continue slowly lowering
Lower your set dose a tiny bit, even just a miligram or few when you feel like your can handle that and then try to stay there and make it the new set point that you'll never go over if you're not too disappoined with the results - but only if disappointed for many days try to get over possible disappointment first day or few.
5) T-Break
Do a T-Break before lowering your your set point significantly. I have only dose this once and didn't do it really right - only T-Broke for one day and then wake'n'vaped 0.03g and got blasted from that (was on the 0.04-0.06 shedule then). But this really works and get you to very low doses very quickly if you do it right and really lower your set point when you return.
6) Don't write giant reports on minidosing when you should be working/studying... :D

Last edited:

Ein14Here

Microdosing
I tally up my whole week with mirco-dosing and it comes out to 2.78 grams a week, but divide that by half, since I'm sharing half with a buddy. its around 1.5 grams on average a week for myself. I wonder if that's really low for mirco-dosing?

howie105

I tally up my whole week with mirco-dosing and it comes out to 2.78 grams a week, but divide that by half, since I'm sharing half with a buddy. its around 1.5 grams on average a week for myself. I wonder if that's really low for mirco-dosing?

Currently I use about .75g a week, but I really think it comes down to the dose size meeting ones needs as much as anything.

Ricardo

Currently I use about .75g a week, but I really think it comes down to the dose size meeting ones needs as much as anything.
That's about where I'm at too :) but I never used a lot anyway. I get well blasted most evenings and some weekend afternoons on 10g every 3 months or so. It helps to to switch strains about a bit. Also, I have a DynaVap OmniVap :D :peace:

That's pretty much my weekly consumption too. I keep to this schedule: 0.05gm of a stimulating strain in the early evening and then 0.05gm of a sedating strain near bedtime. I rarely feel that I need to "medicate" more, or more often, since I use it to relax and enjoy life and help with sleep. I don't use in the daytime very much - maybe once or twice a month if I'm outdoors and doing something physical like a hike in the hills. OK, so what's weird is I just harvested 5 plants and got almost 2 ibs of dry nugs to cure for the next month in 24 Mason qt-size jars (5 Dream Queen, 6 Sunset Sherbet, 2 Romulan Grapefruit, and 11 Harlequin.) That's about 32 ounces, 896 grams, which is 8,960 doses.

I have enough bud to last me 24 years at my current consumption rate just from growing 5 plants in my backyard. That's fucking ridiculous :rofl: :rockon: Since even under the best storage conditions the bud will only retain good potency for a few years I see I'm going to have to seriously upgrade my consumption habits.

Squiby

Since even under the best storage conditions the bud will only retain good potency for a few years I see I'm going to have to seriously upgrade my consumption habits.

When blessed with abundance, other possibilities come to mind.
- Share with friends
- create healing balms, creams or lotions.
- create relaxing bath salts
- Make hash
- Make oil concentrates

This is what I do so that I can try new varieties every year.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That's pretty much my weekly consumption too. I keep to this schedule: 0.05gm of a stimulating strain in the early evening and then 0.05gm of a sedating strain near bedtime. I rarely feel that I need to "medicate" more, or more often, since I use it to relax and enjoy life and help with sleep. I don't use in the daytime very much - maybe once or twice a month if I'm outdoors and doing something physical like a hike in the hills. OK, so what's weird is I just harvested 5 plants and got almost 2 ibs of dry nugs to cure for the next month in 24 Mason qt-size jars (5 Dream Queen, 6 Sunset Sherbet, 2 Romulan Grapefruit, and 11 Harlequin.) That's about 32 ounces, 896 grams, which is 8,960 doses.

I have enough bud to last me 24 years at my current consumption rate just from growing 5 plants in my backyard. That's fucking ridiculous :rofl: :rockon: Since even under the best storage conditions the bud will only retain good potency for a few years I see I'm going to have to seriously upgrade my consumption habits.

I would turn a big chunk of it into dry sift or bubble hash. Full melt dry sift being the holy grail of cannabis IMO... all of the cannabinoids and terpenoids live in those precious trichome heads. Dry sift keeps the synergistic natural cannabinoid ratios responsible for the entourage effect, while greatly reducing the amount of plant material being vaporized. Nothing is lost to heat, pressure, solvents, purging, or water. Only problem is you would have to reduce your dosing size! :D

MinnBobber

When blessed with abundance, other possibilities come to mind.
- Share with friends
Does CA have any sort of "compassionate care growers" who grow for the love of it and share with those less fortunate financially? I knew someone in CO who did this and it was a really generous/nice for him to do so.

I think some collected a reduced $$ to help cover growing expenses but well below the high retail prices.
In the future, it would be great if such generosity spread in the cannabis movement.

For example here in MN, some medical cannabis families reported monthly cannabis cost of $1000-2000 per month and one reported a $6000 monthly cost (possibly a cancer patient doing 1 gram of conc oil a day @ our $200/gram cost).
Sad sad sad state of affairs.

C No Ego

Does CA have any sort of "compassionate care growers" who grow for the love of it and share with those less fortunate financially? I knew someone in CO who did this and it was a really generous/nice for him to do so.

I think some collected a reduced $$ to help cover growing expenses but well below the high retail prices.
In the future, it would be great if such generosity spread in the cannabis movement.

For example here in MN, some medical cannabis families reported monthly cannabis cost of $1000-2000 per month and one reported a $6000 monthly cost (possibly a cancer patient doing 1 gram of conc oil a day @ our $200/gram cost).
Sad sad sad state of affairs.

your post is the main reason to allow anyone to grow cannabis legally... if there are others who are not able to grow theirs then a kind hand out is in order... like @archangelz001 mentioned... just a few plants and you have way more than you will need generally... I could see a micro-doser using cannabis to fill a bean bag or something or burying jars out in the woods LOL... it certainly is not about money when you look at fundamentals and what humans really need for a healthy life

Top Bottom