• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Micro-dosing

snaffle

have you tried this guy's tips?

I find the advice really interesting, too, but I would really like to see some science backing it up. The idea that the cannabinoid receptors essentially strain to try to get the few exogenous cannabinoids you're providing by taking a minimal amount, and in so doing become extra sensitized, sounds improbable to me. It certainly could be the case, but I don't have the background to be able to tell how reasonable this is as a claim. If anyone has read any science papers which address this I'd be very interested to read them.

snaffle,
Reactions: shredder

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I'm going to try it. I've noticed my high seem weaker and is not lasting very long . I've been a micro dose type user for several years now, however , I vape every night and have not taken a T break for quite some time. I hope this reset method brings back some of the effects I am missing.

VapeKnight,
Reactions: shredder

shredder

I'm going to try it. I've noticed my high seem weaker and is not lasting very long . I've been a micro dose type user for several years now, however , I vape every night and have not taken a T break for quite some time. I hope this reset method brings back some of the effects I am missing.
I find the advice really interesting, too, but I would really like to see some science backing it up. The idea that the cannabinoid receptors essentially strain to try to get the few exogenous cannabinoids you're providing by taking a minimal amount, and in so doing become extra sensitized, sounds improbable to me. It certainly could be the case, but I don't have the background to be able to tell how reasonable this is as a claim. If anyone has read any science papers which address this I'd be very interested to read them.

The best way to know if this works is to try it. If it works, great, if not at least you know.

I do 1-2 T breaks a year and that works for me. I do eventually up my dose, but with more self control, I'm not sure if a T break is ever needed. I'm no expert on self control tho, lol.

supremedepoulet

Thanks for all the tips and the videos. I have already seen this videos. I dont know if its scientifically backed. But for me last year its was working (barely recover the liquid pad capsule) and its give me a good high, I was vaping one or two time by week. Maybe this time I need a longer t-break to sense the effect. The hash in Europe is very potent, I thinks my tolerance I higher than I though.

Last edited:
supremedepoulet,

C No Ego

I do not have the document to show but how it works is... you start the endocannabinoid signalling transduction cascade via micro dose of extracellular cannabinoids.. you want to initiate a minor bump to your receptor capacity to start initial signalling and your biology does the rest...

I was reading some other info saying that raw cannabis acts as a similar mimetic to signal endogenous cannabinoids because in its acid form it resembles a fatty acid precursor

here's a link to show endocannabinoid signalling and precursor fatty acids so you know what the science is..

http://themedicalbiochemistrypage.org/eicosanoids.php

edit... anytime you have sat in a comfortable place and had observable inner joy you were micro dosing ( getting high) with endocannabinoids- anandamide to be exact

snaffle

I do not have the document to show but how it works is... you start the endocannabinoid signalling transduction cascade via micro dose of extracellular cannabinoids.. you want to initiate a minor bump to your receptor capacity to start initial signalling and your biology does the rest...

I was reading some other info saying that raw cannabis acts as a similar mimetic to signal endogenous cannabinoids because in its acid form it resembles a fatty acid precursor

here's a link to show endocannabinoid signalling and precursor fatty acids so you know what the science is..

edit... anytime you have sat in a comfortable place and had observable inner joy you were micro dosing ( getting high) with endocannabinoids- anandamide to be exact

Thanks so much, that's really interesting, I'm excited to read that science link soon!

snaffle,
Reactions: C No Ego

I'm an RN. The linked article is way over my head. There is nothing specific in it about endocannabinoid signalling that I can see. It is only marginally useful to understanding downregulation of the endocannabinoid system, except to an expert in medical biochemistry. Thanks anyway. And I totally agree with your last sentence. :rockon:

archangelz001,
Reactions: C No Ego

C No Ego

I'm an RN. The linked article is way over my head. There is nothing specific in it about endocannabinoid signalling that I can see. It is only marginally useful to understanding downregulation of the endocannabinoid system, except to an expert in medical biochemistry. Thanks anyway. And I totally agree with your last sentence. :rockon:

Thanks man, I linked that particular page to show how endocannabinoid signalling starts. the signalling cascade that is initiated with fatty acid precursors. I learned about ecs cb1 cb2 etc... not knowing of the precursor fatty acids that make up the signalling agents in the ecs until later... I think it best to learn in the correct order lol even if its confusing as later it could all come into focus.. Hopefully @snaffle I have not sent you down the wrong path of learning.. good luck

Fatty Acid-binding Proteins (FABPs) Are Intracellular Carriers for Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and Cannabidiol (CBD)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4423662/

https://www.tocris.com/pharmacology/cannabinoid-receptors
https://www.tocris.com/pharmacology/7-tm-receptors

the last two links, they have something to sell. I linked for the information only...

Last edited:
C No Ego,

Ein14Here

Microdosing
Hi guys, new here!

I've planning to vape 3.5 to 4 gram per week and I'm concern about spacing between my two sessions that I'm planning to have per day. My old schedule was coming home at 6pm to vape and later at 11pm. This cause me to have a heavy tolerance and just recently I went on a one month tolerance break (1 week in). My question is, should I skip my 6pm session and focus on microdose at 11pm at night only? Since 4 hours between session feel short and might mess up my buzz. I have access to a Volcano vaporizer (solid valve) and a coffee grinder. I'm also 5'6 and 180 lbs, should I take a longer break than 1 month, since I'm 20-30 lbs overweight.

Weekly Schedule that I'm planning after my break
Monday 1 gram
T .25
W .25
T .25
F .25
S .25
S 1 gram

Thanks everyone.

Ein14Here,
Welcome @Ein14Here. I'm curious what your consumption pattern was before your T break? We are all different, but 4 gms per week would not be microdosing for me. I get very satisfactorally high (medicated) on .05-.07gm per session, 2 sessions per evening. I load 0.1 to 0.12 of sativa that is good for 2 early evening sessions over 2 days of 5-6 ten second hits. In another vape I load 0.1 to 0.12gm of indica for 2 late evening sessions over 2 days of 5-6 hit sessions. Total consumption is in the neighborhood of 0.7-0.85gm per week. You might consider starting out real low dose initially to see how little you really need to experience a noticeable effect.

Last edited:

Ein14Here

Microdosing
My pattern of vaping beginnings once in the morning, another in the evening and lastly once before sleep. I probably used 2 gram per session on average, just enough to fill up my Solid valve chamber twice, but I was using a regular grinder and not a coffee grinder (getting one later). Just wondering if anyone here also use a Volcano (solid valve) for microdosing and how many Turkey bags you get from a tiny bit of bud.

Regarding my schedule for .25 gram & 1 gram days, I forgot to add that I'm vaping with a buddy, hope this is low enough for the both of us.

I'm considering getting a scale (recommendations?), because estimating with my eyes might be a bad habit.

Thanks

Last edited:
Ein14Here,
My pattern of vaping beginnings once in the morning, another in the evening and lastly once before sleep. I probably used 2 gram per session on average, just enough to fill up my Solid valve chamber twice, but I was using a regular grinder and not a coffee grinder (getting one later). Just wondering if anyone here also use a Volcano (solid valve) for microdosing and how many Turkey bags you get from a tiny bit of bud.

Regarding my schedule for .25 gram & 1 gram days, I forgot to add that I'm vaping with a buddy, hope this is low enough for the both of us.

I'm considering getting a scale (recommendations?), because estimating with my eyes might be a bad habit.

Thanks
I applaud your desire to lower your consumption level. Your CB1 and CB2 receptors will be rejuvenated and your subjective experience should be better. You can get a small digital scale on Amazon for cheap. Its worth it and makes you more aware of how much, or little, you need to get elevated. I bought this over 3 years ago and use it everyday
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002HEIE0U/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1505624945&sr=8-9&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=digital+scale+gram&dpPl=1&dpID=41gqJP%2Bl1ML&ref=plSrch

MinnBobber

.......................................................................................
Previous post recommends a scale with 650 gram capacity and accuracy to nearest 0.1 gram.
I highly recommend you get one with lesser capacity BUT higher accuracy.

Here's what I bought, 100 gram capacity BUT 0.01 gram accuracy;
https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Weigh-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=GAKX95BVR385YSVB258X

My first buy was a 0.1 gram capacity but I quickly realized I wanted/needed better accuracy.
Now I'm actually looking at 0.001 gram accuracy model.

C No Ego

Thanks

to really benefit you might want to abstain for a few days then revisit the vape.. this will bring a new focus on microdosing... this is how I do it anyway, it is harder to go from using a lot to a little and that short transition makes you more aware of effects... I have no experience with a volcano forced air vape but it seems you will be able to microdose better with a convection on demand... you heat it @ the moment of the draw then it cools back down so your are not cooking the herb... maybe you could stick a tiny nug in the volcano and vape on that but it would be mostly air in the bag??

Edit... you could add some organic cotton or even better- hemp fiber also known as ( degummed hemp fiber , hemp wick , hemp wicking) in that vape and fill the void left from the space of a large diameter bowl size or maybe volcano makes a reducer.. or look in the DIY section here at FC or or or.....

Last edited:

MinnBobber

It's good that you thinking about microdosing and the possibility of a T-break, even for 48 hours.

FYI, microdosing has no exact definition but as an example, I consume about 0.015- 0.025 g per day. So a gram lasts me about a month :)
Some here even use less.

The Volcano is a great vape but microdosing with it is a little like trying to get hyper gas mileage with a big block V8 pickup as microdosing is not its' forte. It has a massive bowl and bags with all their surface area condense out more goodies onto the bag walls.
I don't have any pictures here but a DIY conversion to a direct draw (no bags) could help, IF you care about wasted herbage. With you being in Calif, that might be a non-issue. I need to stretch my stash to the max.

The good news is that you can experiment with T-breaks, with partially filled bags, etc

Squiby

I vape throughout the day. I am retired. I live in the country and have lots of chores to keep my little piece of paradise going. So, I microdose sativas during the day for the clear headed, high energy that they provide.

My usual dose is around .015 every few hours. This keeps me active, productive and motivated. I find that the Vapcap is extremely efficient with my flowers, so much less is needed than with other vapes. The entry level model called the M Vapcap, which is a fantastic vape by the way, is a mere $50. This is not a "cheaply built" vape. It is made from beautifully engineered stainless steel and is likely to last a lifetime.

Sometimes I vape larger doses when my pain or nausea is particularly bad, but then I work my way down to lower doses again by vaping a tiny bit less every time. You will be shocked at how little weed is needed to provide a consistent high.

shredder

I vape throughout the day. I am retired. I live in the country and have lots of chores to keep my little piece of paradise going. So, I microdose sativas during the day for the clear headed, high energy that they provide.

My usual dose is around .015 every few hours. This keeps me active, productive and motivated. I find that the Vapcap is extremely efficient with my flowers, so much less is needed than with other vapes. The entry level model called the M Vapcap, which is a fantastic vape by the way, is a mere $50. This is not a "cheaply built" vape. It is made from beautifully engineered stainless steel and is likely to last a lifetime.

Sometimes I vape larger doses when my pain or nausea is particularly bad, but then I work my way down to lower doses again by vaping a tiny bit less every time. You will be shocked at how little weed is needed to provide a consistent high.

This reads just how I think, lol. Except I mostly use concentrates in my dynavap. Retired and lots of chores here as well. 25 acres, 120x70 vegetable garden, huge yard, fruit trees, one pole barn and another bigger one on the way. Tractors, mowers, tillers, snow removal equipmment and lots of stuff to maintain. I'm always busy, and ussually sore, but I doubt I'd get anything done without mj easing my way.

Just wanted to add that you can actually get good medical affects without much if any of a buzz. I typically take just a couple hits every 2-3 hours throughout the day like Squiby. I don't notice the buzz so much, but if I'm late to vape I start feeling the lack of cannabinoids. And if I'm really hurting I vape a high cbd concentrate to help with pain/inflammation.

Squiby

This reads just how I think, lol. Except I mostly use concentrates in my dynavap. Retired and lots of chores here as well. 25 acres, 120x70 vegetable garden, huge yard, fruit trees, one pole barn and another bigger one on the way. Tractors, mowers, tillers, snow removal equipmment and lots of stuff to maintain. I'm always busy, and ussually sore, but I doubt I'd get anything done without mj easing my way.

Just wanted to add that you can actually get good medical affects without much if any of a buzz. I typically take just a couple hits every 2-3 hours throughout the day like Squiby. I don't notice the buzz so much, but if I'm late to vape I start feeling the lack of cannabinoids. And if I'm really hurting I vape a high cbd concentrate to help with pain/inflammation.

Often I'll take a Vapcap loaded with a concentrate pad and some Durban Poison shatter or other nice energetic sativa concentrate out with me. It's like an all day sipper. I take a hit every few hours and don't need to reload.

I feel that the sativa concentrates provide a cleaner clearer high compared to the flower equivalent. Sometimes I add some Cannatonic into the mix for it's wonderful anti-inflammatory properties. Helps with pain for sure.

@shredder You have a much bigger set up than I do. I'm nestled in the forest and work only about 2 acres of my 5 acre plot. Its almost more than I can handle and I have only one outbuilding; a large barn that houses all my farm equipment. Surrounding my land is a body of water and beyond that is 800 acres of conservatory land. It's funny because on my side of the road the animals are protected, but across the road is a 300 acre hunt camp. I watch the deer crossing over to the hunt camp side and I wonder why they haven't figured out that uncle Jed and cousin Biff never came back after crossing the road. Don't the deer ever talk to each other?

Chicken Charlie

MicroDose Cognoscente
As an M.D. (Child and Adolescent Psychiatry) I target medication to a minimum dosage to effectuate adequate symptom relief for my patients. I follow a similar protocol when I ingest cannabinoids; which correlates to .32 milligrams (.032 grams) per day. I have been consistent and vigilant with this application; (.97 grams per month) for many years with great success and wish the best to those who can subscribe to this patient-centered modality.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
As an M.D. (Child and Adolescent Psychiatry) I target medication to a minimum dosage to effectuate adequate symptom relief for my patients. I follow a similar protocol when I ingest cannabinoids; which correlates to .32 milligrams (.032 grams) per day. I have been consistent and vigilant with this application; (.97 grams per month) for many years with great success and wish the best to those who can subscribe to this patient-centered modality.

How many sessions are you getting from that dose? And when do you typically dose?

invertedisdead,
.......................................................................................
Previous post recommends a scale with 650 gram capacity and accuracy to nearest 0.1 gram.
I highly recommend you get one with lesser capacity BUT higher accuracy.

Here's what I bought, 100 gram capacity BUT 0.01 gram accuracy;
https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Weigh-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=GAKX95BVR385YSVB258X

My first buy was a 0.1 gram capacity but I quickly realized I wanted/needed better accuracy.
Now I'm actually looking at 0.001 gram accuracy model.
@MinnBobber, you are so right. I gave an incotrect link. I actually couldn't find my scale for sale anywhere. I think this one is more like what i have. I'd suggest getting 50-100 gram weights as well. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00L...=RGRZXVF4A6YH9BPV7HHP&dpPl=1&dpID=812rWw+g0hL

archangelz001,
Top Bottom